• Published 23rd Jan 2017
  • 1,339 Views, 85 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 2: The Friendship Games - Bahamut0



Burst's victory at Duelist Kingdom has reached people everywhere. And it's also reached CHS's rival, Crystal Prep. And with the Friendship Games on the horizon, she sees this as the perfect time to secure her reputation.

  • ...
5
 85
 1,339

Duel 3: Igniting Ice's Soul

Ice woke up that night. It was hard to sleep. Especially if you considered the fact he still had bad memories of when Dark Mist had taken his body over. Ice went to the bathroom and splashed himself with cold water. When he looked in the mirror, he found Dark Mist staring at him! Dark Mist jumped out of the mirror and grabbed Ice by the throat! "Did you really think you had escaped me Ice?", Dark Mist asked. Ice tried to speak, but he was petrified! "Maybe now I'll pay your dear family a visit."

"No NO! NOOOOOOO!", Ice screamed! Ice woke up in a cold sweat. His breathing was heavy as he drifted out of his nightmare and into reality. "It was just a nightmare...", Ice thought out loud. Ice then went over to his deck. The deck he had modified upon Dark Mist possessing him.

"Those years are on your mind aren't they?" Ice turned and saw Ace looking at him. "Ice. It's over. You're free now."

"I know that!", Ice snapped. "But that doesn't mean I can just forget it! It's still in my head! Those duelists I defeated. When I attacked Dad...when I attacked you."

"Ice. We're all okay."

"Shadow had to be sent away for two years because of my stupid mistake! And why? Because I wanted the power to bring passion to dueling at my school! And because of that, I let Dark Mist in! I let him use my body like a suit and I tried to destroy you! I'm scared Ace! Dueling caused all this trouble...so I'm never going to duel again!"

"Are you willing to abandon your passions so easily Ice?!", a voice boomed! Ace and Ice searched for the source of the voice. A pillar of flame appeared before them and soon condensed into a figure. It was a dragon.

"Wh-who are you? And how do you know my name?!", Ice demanded.

"My name is Red Dragon Archfiend.", Red Dragon Archfiend said. "And I've been waiting a long time for you Ice. I was the one who was supposed to bond with you. We share the same fiery passion when we duel. Ironic considering you name."

"Well...you can show yourself out the door!", Ice snapped.

"Ice? I'm here to be your friend. I want to be your partner. I'm not trying to control you like Dark Mist."

"I already had one monster crawling inside me! I don't want another! Get out! JUST GET OUT!" Red Dragon Archfiend's head drooped at Ice's words.

"I'm sorry to hear your decision Ice.", Red Dragon said sadly. "But if that's your choice, I'll respect it. But I do hope you'll change your mind Ice. I really would have liked to be your partner. But please. Don't give up dueling. I've seen how your soul lights up when you duel."

"....I'll think about it.", Ice said flatly. Red Dragon Archfiend vanished in a swirl of fire. "I'm going back to bed Ace. I'm going to sleep this off like a bad dream..."

The next day...

Ice was walking the halls of Crystal Prep. His mind still troubled about last night. 'I don't care if Red Dragon was telling the truth...I don't care! I never want to pick up a duel disk for as long as I live! I never want to risk putting through that nightmare ever again.' Ice was so preoccupied with his thoughts, he failed to see where he was going and bumped into Indigo Zap! "Ow! Oh man! Sorry! I guess my head was..." Ice was caught off-guard when he got a good look at Indigo Zap. "Somewhere else. You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm cool.", Indigo said as she got up. "Hey, you're Dark Ice! Man! You were one of the best duelists here! I'm Indigo Zap!"

"You mean 'was'.", Ice said flatly. "I don't duel anymore."

"What?! Why would anyone give up dueling?!"

"...You wouldn't believe me if I ever told you. But let's just say I'd rather not think about it.", Ice said sadly.

"Well that's a bummer. Here I was hoping to duel ya! But hey! We can still be friends! Me and my friends noticed you're usually alone."

"Most of the students here are stuck-up rich kids." Ice then smiled at Indigo. "But you seem pretty cool."

"Same to you. Most of the guys here are total sticks in the mud. And don't worry. My friends and I are far from dull!" Ice smiled.

"Sounds like fun." Indigo introduced Ice to her friends. "You were right Zap. Your friends are pretty cool."

"Our body heat is normal.", Sugar Coat replied. The whole group was puzzled. "It was a joke." The others then let out a few laughs. However, the laughter ceased the second Principal Cinch entered the cafeteria.

"Mr. Ice. Would you come to my office? There's a matter I wish to discuss with you." Ice followed Cinch to her office. "Please. Have a seat."

"You want something don't you?", Ice asked sternly. "You only get all friendly when you want something from a student."

"You're quite perceptive. Very well then. As you know, you've had quite the absence from Crystal Prep."

"Yeah. Oddly enough I'm surprised you didn't kick me out. Not that this is a place I wanna stick around."

"Because you're one of our best duelists Ice. And Principal Celestia of CHS and I have agreed to make a slight alteration to this year's Friendship Games. Each of our schools will select a duelist to represent us. I want you to CRUSH the duelist representing CHS. He also happens to be the winner of Duelist Kingdom. I will NOT have Canterlot High be above us in any field. My legacy will endure, and our reputation will continue to stand."

"You can forget it. My brothers go to CHS. And also, I don't duel anymore.", Ice said flatly.

"Such a shame.", Cinch said. "I do believe you've forced my hand." Cinch then produced a folder with pictures of Indigo and her friends. "If you'll not comply, then I can't guarantee their continued enrollment here at Crystal Prep."

"You wouldn't!", Ice growled.

"Try me.", Cinch said with a smirk. Ice's heart began beating furiously! How DARE she hold Indigo and her friends hostage!

"I'm not taking this lying down! I challenge you to a duel! Today at three after school! If I win, you let Zap and her friends stay here and I don't have to represent this school! And if you win...I'll duel."

"I'm glad we could come to a compromise Mr. Ice. I look forward to your challenge.", Cinch said with a smug grin. Ice stormed out, and then the weight of what he'd done crashed upon him.

"Oh man..what did I get myself into?!" The rest of the day went on, and Ice soon found himself at home. Ace noticed Ice's distressed expression and went over to him.

"Ice? What's wrong?"

"I just challenged my principal to a duel. And right after I swore off dueling. AGH! I screwed up again!"

"No Ice. This is what you need.", Ace said as he put a hand on Ice's shoulder. "The only way you're going to get over your trauma is if you use the same instrument that brought it on. And I know just the place to help you prepare."

"Is it far? Because I've gotta take on Principal Cinch at three."

"It's pretty close. We're gonna build you a brand new deck Ice. One that suits your new beginning."

"Thanks Ace."

"Next stop: Discord's card shop."