• Published 23rd Jan 2017
  • 1,339 Views, 85 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 2: The Friendship Games - Bahamut0



Burst's victory at Duelist Kingdom has reached people everywhere. And it's also reached CHS's rival, Crystal Prep. And with the Friendship Games on the horizon, she sees this as the perfect time to secure her reputation.

  • ...
5
 85
 1,339

Duel 4: Scorching Cinch

Cinch was waiting for Ice at school. A whole mess of students had gathered to see a student take on their principal. Among the crowd were Zap and her friends. "So who's the guy crazy enough to call out our principal?", Lemon Zest asked.

"I think we're about to find out.", Sunny Flare said. "Someone's approaching Cinch!" Zap focused on who was heading into the dueling arena. It was Ice!

"Well, well. I thought you were never going to duel again.", Cinch said with a smirk.

"I found a good source of motivation.", Ice said as he sneaked a glance at Zap. "Now let's let our cards do the talking!"

Ice: 8000
Principal Cinch: 8000

"Ladies first.", Cinch said. "I summon Ancient Gear Soldier in attack mode! Then I'll play the field spell Ancient Gear Castle to increase his attack points by 300 points! Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

"My turn! I draw! I play Double Summon! This lets me conduct an extra normal summon this turn! I'll summon Vice Dragon! Then I'll tribute him to bring out Strong Wind Dragon! And since I used a dragon as tribute, he gains attack points equal to half of that monster's attack points! This boosts him to 3400! Attack Ancient Gear Soldier! Wind Gale!" Strong Wind Dragon unleashed a tornado from its wings that rusted Ancient Gear Soldier! "Then I'll set a card and end my turn." 'Looks like I've still got my dueling skills! I just hope they'll be good enough to keep Zap and the others in school.'

Ice: 8000
Principal Cinch: 6200

"Impressive. But I believe I've let you advance in this duel far enough.", Cinch said with a smirk. "I play Dark Hole to destroy all monsters on the field!" Ice braced himself as Strong Wind Dragon! "Now that your field is empty, I can begin my assault! I play Terraforming to add a field spell from my deck to my hand! I activate the Geartown field spell! Thanks to this field, either of us can tribute summon an 'Ancient Gear' monster for one less tribute! I'll summon Ancient Gear Beast! And since I still have Ancient Gear Castle on my field, he gains 300 attack points! I can also put a Gear Counter on Ancient Gear Castle! I'll attack you directly!"

"I activate my trap!", Ice countered! But when he tried to activate his card, nothing happened. "What?!"

"Ancient Gear Beast's effect is that you can't activate spells or traps until after the damage step." Ice winced as Ancient Gear Beast punced on his life points! "I end my turn by playing Fusion Conscription to add a fusion material monster listed on a fusion monster from my deck to my hand."

Ice: 5700
Principal Cinch: 6200

'Looks like her monsters are just as inflexible and rigid as she is! That puts a serious dent in my strategy if I have to wait until the end of the damage step to activate my card effects! Most of my traps are focused on being used during the damage step!' "My turn. I draw! I play Resonator Call! This lets me add a 'Resonator' monster from my deck to my hand! Then I'll summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn with another face-down." 'Not that it'll do much good with her Ancient Gears on the field.'

"I draw. And now it ends! I'll send Ancient Gear Castle from my field to the graveyard to serve as the tribute for the monster I added with Fusion Conscription!" The whole crowd gasped! Cinch was about to bring out her most powerful monster! "I summon Ancient Gear Golem!" A fearsome looking metal giant arose from the earth! "Now I'll play March of the Monarchs! Since Ancient Gear Golem was tribute summoned, he can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects! Destroy his face-down monster! Mechanized Melee!" Ice cringed as Ancient Gear Golem smashed his face-down monster! "Now for Golem's other effect! When he destroys a monster by battle, he inflicts piercing damage!" Ice was winded as he took 3000 points of damage! "I'm not through yet! I'll attack again with Ancient Gear Beast!" Ice was brought to his knees as Ancient Gear Beast pounced on him. "I believe you've been punished for your insolence enough for this turn. It looks like you couldn't protect your friends after all."

Ice: 700
Principal Cinch: 6200

'This is it...I'm done for.', Ice thought. 'And somehow...I feel alive! This trembling in my heart...it's pulsing through my body! My soul feels like it's on fire! What is this?!' Red Dragon Archfiend materialized in Ice's mind.

'This is your fire Ice! The passion and love of dueling, the spirit you locked away, the spirit that drew me to you, has been ignited once again!' Red Dragon the offered Ice his hand. 'Well partner? Let's show this vile woman just how bright our passions burn!' Ice was hesitant, but all hesitation instantly faded once he heard Cinch's words! Fire was blazing in his eyes!

'Let's do it!' Back in the real world, the top card of Ice's deck was on fire! In fact, his whole body was wrapped in flames! "Hey Cinch!" Cinch was shocked to find Ice back on his feet. A proud smile was on his face. "I suppose I should thank you! It's been so long since I last enjoyed a duel. But now I'm gonna end this! I activate Curse of Anubis! This switches all effect monsters into face-up defense mode! And since you dealt me damage, I can special summon Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness from my hand! And since you dealt me battle damage, this lets me special summon an Emissary Token with attack equal to the damage I took! Now I'll summon the 'Resonator' monster I added to my hand! I summon Barrier Resonator! Then I'll tune him with my token!" A large pillar of flame shot up from the ground as Ice tuned his monsters! A flaming card materialized in Ice's extra deck! "I synchro summon Red Dragon Archfiend!" Red Dragon's wings exploded from the pillar of flame, and he was revealed in all his glory as the embers died down! "Next I'll play Hidden Armory! This lets me add an equip spell from my deck to my hand! Then I'll activate the equip spell I added! Big Bang Shot! This boosts Red Dragon by 400 points! Then I'll trash your Ancient Gear Golem! Absolute Power Force!" Cinch cringed as Anciet Gear Golem was reduced to molten slag! "Now Big Bang Shot's effect lets me deal piercing damage! Also, Red Dragon Archfiend's effect destroys all defense mode monsters you control! This lets Gorz attack you directly! Void Slash!" Cinch braced herself as Gorz slashed at her life points!

Ice: 700
Principal Cinch: 100

"But I'm not done yet! I activate another trap! Lineage of Destruction! Since I destroyed a defense mode monster, I can target a level eight monster I control! It can attack again! And there's only one level eight monster on my field", Ice said with a smile. 'Time to burn this wiich!'

"I-impossible!", Cinch whispered.

"Oh it's possible alright! End this Red Dragon! Absolute Power Force!" Red Dragon Archfiend charged with his fist ready to collide with the last of Cinch's life points! But as he got closer, he extended his arm so that his fist was an inch away from Cinch's face! Cinch was knocked to the ground from the resulting winds of the blow as her life points dropped to zero! Ice raised his fist in triumph as the crowd cheered his name! Indigo Zap and her friends went down to congratulate Ice on his win. 'Looks like Zap and the others will be sticking around for a while.'

"I thought you didn't duel anymore.", Indigo said with a sly smile.

"...I found some reasons too.", Ice said with a smile as he looked at Indigo. "I'm looking at my favorite one right now." Indigo was speechless as Ice kissed her! "So? Wanna make us a thing?" Ice then walked away into the sunset with Red Dragon Archfiend.

"I guess you could say...", Red Dragon Archfiend began as he slipped on a pair of sunglasses. "Cinch got scorched." Ice fist-bumped his dragon as they headed home.