• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 1,673 Views, 22 Comments

The Other Side - dashfire



5 of the mane 6 are forced to travel across universes and battle themselves to save Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
 22
 1,673

The Fugitive

Twilight's body was strapped onto a flat bed. Two ponies rolled the bed down a dark hallway. Twilight turned and noticed a guard pony enter the elevator down the hall, after typing in a few numbers, before she was pushed into a lab.

Inside the pony who interviewed her earlier held a needle in her hoof. The psychiatrist approached Twilight with the needle and injected her front right hoof with an unknown compound.

"What is that?" Twilight asked weakly.

The psychiatrist didn't respond. She turn to the two other ponies. "I'm going to need two more of those dosages."

The two ponies both handed a separate needle. The psychiatrist took one and injected into Twilight's back right hoof.

"What is that?" Twilight asked again, and ignored once again.

The psychiatrist took the third needle and approached Twilight once more, but this time around she stopped dead in her tracks.

Twilight's body began the spasm. "I can't breath!" Twilight began trying to gasp for air. "Hel-help me! Plea-please!"

The psychiatrist began to panic. "Sit her up!"

The two ponies rotated the flat bed upright ninety-degrees. "Unstrap her!" The psychiatrist ordered.

The ponies did so and in a flash, Twilight used her magic to shove the flat bed violently onto one pony; making a sandwich with him between the wall and flat bed. She then exerted a powerful force against the other pony, making him fly onto another wall. And in a swift move, she levitated the needle off of the psychiatrist's hoof and stabbed it into her neck. The psychiatrist frantically tried to pull the needle out, distracted.

Twilight ran out of the lab and down the hallway.

The psychiatrist forced herself to move and push a button, setting off an alarm.

Red lights began to flash in the dark hallway. "Cold Blue," a computer voice kept repeating.

Twilight hid behind a column when a guard ran down the hallway to see what the problem. As the guard was about to pass her, she took her hoof and slammed it onto the guard's neck. The guard flipped back, choking. Twilight quickly searched his uniform and grabbed his saddle bag, which carried a gun.

She sped down the hallway to the elevator doors and typed in the same number as she saw earlier. The elevator doors opened and she entered, when two other guards appeared down the other end of the hallway.

"Hey!" One of the yelled as they ran down to catch her. But the elevator doors shut right in front of them.

The elevator ascended and the doors opened to what seemed to be a park. Twilight quickly exited the elevator and ran across the park under the night sky. A siren rang. She noticed flashlights surrounding her and hearing guards.

Twilight began to quicken her pace when she reached a cliff side. She stopped just before falling over and looked straight ahead, seeing the lights of Marehattan across a river. Twilight turned around and looked up. She was stunned by what she saw.

It was the Statue of Harmony, only it golden; unlike the green statue back where she came from in Manehattan.

A flashlight shined directly onto her and she turned, hearing, "I found her!"

Without hesitation she jumped into the river, before she could be caught.


------------------------------------------------------------------------


The psychiatrist entered King Light's office, where he was having a conference meeting with Cherilee over the webcam. "Ahh Doctor Redheart! You came in good timing, how is our patient Twilight? Agent Cherilee here is curious."

Doctor Redheart gulped. "That's the problem sir, she has escaped from Liberty Island."

King Light's expression went from friendly to stern. "What?! How could you let this happened?!"

"I'm sorry sir, we underestimated her strength and intelligence."

"Well, do you know where she might have gone?" King Light questioned.

Doctor Redheart nodded. "The guards say that, assuming from where she jumped into the river, she is heading for Marehattan."

King Light gave her an odd look. "She jumped into the river?"

Doctor Redheart nodded.

King Light turned to the webcam, looking at Cherilee. "The river is quite cold this time of year..."

Cherilee nodded. "I understand, but knowing her; she's the only pony that can actually make it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


It was early in the morning and Cabbie Jones, sitting in his parked cab next to the river, was already bored. He had been driving cabs for ten years and nothing exciting had ever passed his way.

A pony entered the back of the cab. "I need you to drive now." He heard her say sternly.

He frowned. Another annoying costumer. "Where to?"

"Just drive for now."

"Well I'm gonna need your show-me," he turned around to see his costumer and saw Twilight in a hospital gown. She levitated the gun out and aimed it straight at him. "Whoa!" He raised his hooves. "Look I don't want any trouble!"

"Start the car and you won't have any." Twilight ordered.

"Alright! Alright! But I need your show-me!" Cabbie Jones plead.

"Show-me?" Twilight asked, curious.

"You know, your I.D." Cabbie Jones explained.

"I don't have one."

Cabbie Jones shrugged. "Figures..."

"Can you use your's?"

Cabbie Jones shrugged. "Alright, fine." He took his show-me out and swiped a machine between the driver and passenger seat. The car started and Cabbie Jones began to drive.

"Do you still have any idea where we're going?"

"Just drive for now, I need to think."


-----------------------------------------------------------------


Back at Fringe headquarters Clover and Spitfire were joking around. Cherilee walked up to them, and they stood up with respect. "You know about Twilight Sparkle's condition right? Where she is?"

Clover and Spitfire nodded. "Yeah, she went crazy and is under evaluation at Liberty Island." Spitfire answered.

"Well she just escaped from Liberty Island last night." Cherilee updated them.

"What?!" Clover asked, suddenly worried. "Where is she?"

"We expect that she is somewhere in Marehattan. I am going to send out her description around the city to see if anypony has seen her. And if somepony alerts us, I want you two to be there immediately." Cherilee ordered.

Clover and Spitfire nodded. "Understood." They both said.

"Good, I'm going to send out notifications now." Cherilee returned to her office.

Clover and Spitifre exchanged looks. "Twilight escaping... So practical of her." Spitfire said.

"Heh, you she's a daredevil." Clover included.

"How long do you think it'll take for us to find her?" Spitfire asked.

"Well, knowing her she's swift so it'll be real hard to... But then again, after her mind went...off, she could be clumsy so we could find her easily." Clover exclaimed.


------------------------------------------------------------------


Twilight was looking out at the foreign streets of Marehattan. She didn't understand anything about this world, she didn't understand how they could be so scientifically advance.

"Ummm excuse me lady, I can't just keep on driving around the city like this all day, I need a destination." Cabbie Jones finally said, breaking the silence.

Twilight thought for a second. "I want you to take me to Ponyville."

"Pony-wa?" Cabbie Jones asked, confused.

"Ponyville, it's outside of the city and quite a drive away so I advice you to get there now." Twilight ordered.

Cabbie Jones stared at Twilight through the rear view mirror. "I'm sorry but Ponyville is quarantined."

"Only some of it."

"No all of it, I'm sure." Cabbie Jones tried to convince.

Twilight aimed the gun back at his head. "Well why don't we just see for ourselves?"

"Jesus Christ! Can you please stop pointing that gun at me!" Cabbie Jones plead.

"Jesus Christ? Who is that?" Twilight asked.

Cabbie Jones stared at her, thinking really?. "Nopony, nevermind. Crazy pony."

"I am not crazy!" Twilight screamed. "They say that I am, but I'm not! Don't listen to wait they say about me!"

"Alright! Jeez! I'm sorry! Sorry! I'm not listening to anybody!" Cabbie Jones panicked. "I can't drive like this, I'll take you to where you wanna go, but I need to stop for gas first."

He began to pull over and stopped at a gas station. He walked out and plugged the hose into the cab, refilling it. Twilight exited. She looked around and saw the bathroom. She turned to Cabbie Jones.

"Give me your show-me." She ordered.

"Wait, what? Why?"

"Give me it!"

Cabbie Jones reluctantly handed her his 'show-me'.

She read it. "Now I know where you, and your wife and children live. So I don't think it'll be so good for you to go running off. I'm taking this with me too."

"What? Where are you going?!" Jones asked.

"To the bathroom!" Twilight replied.

Inside the convenience store of the gas station, the cashier saw Twilight heading into the bathroom and looked at the screen below him and saw the same picture, marked 'WANTED'.


-----------------------------------------------


Spitfire was watching videos of the Wonderbolts competing the Ponlympics. She stared, mesmerized. Clover walked up behind her, he saw her watching the video. "Wow, you are obsessed with them."

"Well, they're just so cool!" Spitfire explained. "Man, I really wish I went to the tryouts and not have been such a chicken about it... I wonder if I would have ever got in."

"You with the wonderbolts?!" Clover asked. "I'm sorry, I know I'm your friend here, but be realistic. They're the best fliers in the world."

Spitfire nodded. "Yeah, I get what you mean..."

"I got news." Cherilee announced as she walked up to them.

"On Twilight?" Clover asked, apprehensive.

She nodded. "A local cashier of a convenience store at a gas station, reported spotting her going into the store's bathroom. The gas station is located at Hoofsterdam Avenue and Trotstone Road." Cherilee explained.

Clover and Spitfire nodded. "Gotcha!" Spitfire said, before they ran off for Twilight.


----------------------------------------------


Twilight was crying in the bathroom. She couldn't believe the position she was in. She couldn't understand why she had to be the one out of all the other ponies. She was so lost in this unknown world. Things were so different. She didn't even know how long she had been crying for. A half an hour maybe, at the least. Was this the end of her life? Would she ever see her friends again? She had to. This wasn't the end. She had to fight.

Twilight wiped her face clean and exited the bathroom. "Twilight! Thank god!" She heard and immediately looked up to see Clover standing before her. He smiled softly at seeing her.

Twilight raised her gun with magic. She aimed it straight at Clover. "Stand back. Stay away from me."

Clover stared, stunned. "I heard about what happened to your head, but...I didn't think it was like this. C'mon Twilight, it's me. Clover. You're friend."

"Don't you dare call yourself my friend." Twilight replied violently. She turned to the saddlebag and saw the handle of a gun.

Clover followed her stare and realized what she was thinking of. He looked up at her. "Twilight... C'mon, it's me! Clover! Do you really think that I'm gonna do that?"

"I don't care. I don't know who you are so don't you try to convince me that I'm somepony I'm not." Twilight informed. She magically levitated the gun out of Clover's saddlebag and threw it into the distance. "Now get inside." She gestured him into the bathroom.

Clover sighed. A tear ran down his cheek. "Twilight..."

"Now!" She ordered.

Clover looked down. He followed her orders and entered the bathroom. Twilight closed the door and locked it by putting a wooden board under the doorknob.

She put her gun back into the saddle bag and walked out to the gas station and saw Cabbie Jones waiting. However, she saw something else on the corner of her eye. Spitfire.

She turned and saw Spitfire. Spitfire saw Twilight. "Twilight!"

Twilight ran towards the car. Cabbie Jones noticed and turn to see Twilight quickly approaching the cab. "Get inside!"

Cabbie Jones did so and Twilight magically opened the back seat door and jumped in, shutting it behind her. Cabbie Jones stomped on the gas pedal and drove towards the street.

Spitfire chased the cab. "Twilight! No!" She stopped and concentrated, aiming her gun at the cab. She purposely shot at the cab door.

Twilight turned back and saw Spitfire fly up and shoot across the air, landing in front of the cab. Behind her was a gas tank for the station. Twilight aimed her gun and quickly shot the tank, making a large explosion. The explosion sent Spitfire to the ground.

Cabbie Jones drove onto the street. "Holy!" He yelled in response to the explosion.

Spitfire slowly got up, grunting, but uninjured.

Cabbie Jones continued to speed down the street. He leaned in to grab a box attached under the wheel and threw it out in the street.

"What was that?" Twilight asked curiously.

"GPS tracking device. Now they can't find us." Cabbie Jones smiled to Twilight.

Twilight smiled. "Thank you." She said quietly.

Spitfire walked up to the bathroom and freed Clover. Clover jumped out. "Where is she? Is she alright?"

Spitfire nodded. "She's fine." Spitfire lifted her hoof and talked into the mobile device. "Agent Cherilee?"

"Yes? Agent Spitfire? Were you able to acquire Agent Sparkle?" Cherilee asked over the mobile device.

"That's a negative ma'am." Spitfire replied. "She got away. Again."


----------------------------------------------------


King Light is having another discussion with Cherilee over the webcam. "I'm sorry sir, she got away again. Apparently we all underestimated her conditionand how functional she is." Cherilee shared.

"Well, no one else knows that she is not the real Twilight." King Light added.

"But your experiment..."

"Forget the experiment. It did not go out as planned. It is how she escaped in the first place." King Light interrupted.

"She couldn't have gone far though." Cherilee insisted.


----------------------------------------------------


Cabbie Jones stopped in front of a large rock-shaped amber. Twilight looked out, confused. "Why did you stop?"

"Because I took you where you wanted to be." Cabbie Jones answered. "Ponyville."

"This can't be Ponyville... Something must be wrong." Twilight said, she began to panic.

"Why don't you take a look for yourself?" Cabbie Jones told her.

Twilight got out of the car and stared. She walked right up to the amber and peaked inside. She saw a glimpse of the library! The library she called home! Only it was inside the amber. But it wasn't before. "They must have covered the rest of the town after..." Twilight realized, stunned. She began to cry. "I'm stuck here..." She took a few steps back when she noticed a thick shadow moving towards her. She looked up to see a large zeppelin hovering above her in the sky.

"Hey?"

Twilight turned around to Cabbie Jones.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

Twilight shook her head. "No, I'm not..."

"Look maybe there's somewhere else to go." Cabbie Jones advised.

Twilight shook her head. And then out of nowhere...POP. An address entered her mind. "343 Horsing Houng Road, Hooflyn." She immediately said.

"What?" Cabbie asked, not catching it.

"343 Horsing Houng Road, Hooflyn." Twilight repeated. Where did that addres come from? She wondered. "It must be some address Princess Celestia gave me for some reason, I just can't remember."

"Princess who?" Cabbie Jones asked.

"Nevermind." Twilight replied. She entered the cab. "Take me to 343 Horsing Houng Road in Hooflyn."

"Hooflyn it is." Cabbie Jones said as he entered the cab and drove off.

For half an hour Cabbie Jones and Twilight rode in silence. He glanced at her a couple of times through the rear view mirror. "Twilight?"

"Hmm?" Twilight turned.

"I heard the other pony yell that out. That's your name?"

Twilight nodded. "Yeah. Twilight Sparkle."

Cabbie Jones nodded. "That's a very pretty name."

"Thanks." Twilight gave a small smile.

"Cabbie Jones. That's my name." Cabbie introduced.

Twilight nodded. "Hey Cabbie."

"What happened to you?" Cabbie asked. "I mean why are you running? Who are you running from? Is it the government?"

"I guess you can say that. It's just a couple of ponies are trying to convince me that I'm somepony I'm not." Twilight explained. "And I'm trying to find a way home."

"Ho-home?" Cabbie tried to pronounce. "What does that mean?"

"Where I'm from."

"Where are you from?" Cabbie asked.

"Somewhere far far away." Twilight told him. "It's hard to explain."

Cabbie nodded. "So what can you explain to me?"

"I can tell you how much i hate being in this situation. I mean I've had many adventures before. But I had my friends to pull me along. This time I don't..." Twilight opened up.

Cabbie nodded, understanding. "...Well, to be honest. I kinda think that your lucky to have so many adventures. I think that's what makes life worth it. Having the excitement, doesn't matter who you're with or what the stakes are. I think that if you never get adrenaline in life, it just makes it worthless."

Twilight listened in closely.

"That's how I saw my life... Meaningless. Until today, nothing thrilling came to me. It was the same routine everyday. It's much like that for everypony... So I thank you." Cabbie looked at Twilight and smiled.

"Thank you for what?" Twilight was confused.

"For bringing me a thrill of a lifetime." Cabbie Jones exclaimed.

Twilight smiled. "You're welcome."

Cabbie stopped in front of a house in a suburb area. "Here we are. 343 Horsing Houng Road, Hooflyn." Cabbie gestured to the house. Twilight stared at it. She seemed to recognize it, but couldn't think of where.

Twilight exited the cab. "Thanks... For everything." Twilight smiled to him. "You're a really good stallion."

Cabbie Jones smiled back.

Twilight slowly paced to the house. Why did she somehow remember this place? Who lived here? Questions began roaming her head.

She walked up to the door and knocked, but the door opened as she applied pressure on it. Curious and cautious she slowly entered. The house was neat and welcoming.

She walked into the living room and spotted pictures over the fire escape. The pictures were of Twilight and her family. Several with just her and her brother Shining Armor, others with her parents, and a few with the whole family.

Twilight took a closer look at the pictures. It wasn't her, it was the other AlterTwi.

"Twilight?" Twilight turned around to see the alternate version of her mother. Suddenly, she felt that that was her real mother.

"Mom?" Twilight asked.

"Oh my god! I heard what happened!" Her mother said, in relief. She went up to Twilight to hug her, but Twilight flinched and stepped away.

"No, no no. You're not my mother! I'm not from here!" Twilight said, in panic. "I don't belong her!" She began to bawl. "I'm not suppose to be here!"

"But Twilight, how could you such a thing?! This is where you live! This is your life!" Her mother tried to convince. "I am your mother! Can't you see that?!"

Twilight stared in confusion. Her mother slowly approached her again for a hug. This time Twilight hugged back. "I missed you mom!"

"I missed you too Twi." They embraced in calm.

In an hour after her mother told Clover and Spitfire where she was, they entered the house. Her mother convinced the two that Twilight was find and all better.

"Thank you and thank god." Clover said to Twilight's mother. He turned to Twilight. "Do you wanna come with us to get a drink or something to eat? It's been a long day."

Twilight smiled and nodded. "Yeah, sure."

Twilight, Clover, and Spitfire exited the house and entered Clover's car.

Down the road Cabbie Jones was waiting in his cab. He watched as Twilight being escorted into Clover's car.

Inside Twilight sat in the passenger seat, while Spitfire sat in the back seat. Twilight smiled. "Hey, guys."

The two turned to Twilight who glanced at them both. "Thanks for being my friends... And not giving up on me."

They smiled. "We never will." Spitfire replied.

"Never." Clover added as he put a hoof over her's. They stared at each other and smiled.

Cabbie Jones watched the car pull away. Suspicious, he followed the car with his eyes, but reluctantly drove off in the other direction.


------------------------------------------


"I thought you said that your experiment was a failure." Cherilee asked King Light. She was standing in his office.

"Apparently it still worked." King Light replied. He turned to Doctor Redheart. "Explain."

Doctor Redheart turned to Cherilee to talk. "Well, we were suppose to give her three dosages a night, but last night she was only given two. The memories of our Twilight could still have possibly replaced the memories of the other Twilight. But in a much slower pace. As you can see, the memories were fuzzed up and she only had fragments of our Twilight's memory. Now the memories are beginning to develop."

"So are you saying that I have my Twilight back?" Cherilee asked.

"In mind, yes. She is mentally your Twilight. Physically, only time can tell." Doctor Redheart answered.

"And when can the real Twilight come back?"

King Light entered the conversation. "When her mission is complete... And when we are done with this Twilight."

"What will happen to this Twilight, once you are done with her?"

King Light smirked, as if he had something amusing in mind. "She'll be send back to where she came from."

Comments ( 4 )

Didn't you say in previous chapters that in the alternative world the Wonderbolts did not exist?

455549

Yeah, I gotta change that in the previous chapter, I don't know why on Earth I forgot I wrote that. School is messing with my memories. :pinkiecrazy:

Oh, and BTW, description said there was gonna be a war. Is this upcoming?

Login or register to comment