• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 1,673 Views, 22 Comments

The Other Side - dashfire



5 of the mane 6 are forced to travel across universes and battle themselves to save Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
 22
 1,673

This World is Not that World

Twilight and Applejack gulped. They had no idea what Princess Celestia would be like, if she would be the same or if she would be different. And if different, for the better or the worst?

The two ponies stood in from of the large double doors. Standing besides them was Luna, who seemed to be happier than she's had been in a while. The doors opened, it revealed a large hall, much similar to the one back home. As usual Celestia, Alternate Celestia, sat in her throne at the other end of the hall. One thing that wasn't usual was Celestia's mane.

Her mane were, instead of stripes of a light rainbow, the colors of the sun. The red, orange, and yellow shades of her mane made her look more furious. But her calm face kept the sanity in Twilight and Applejack.

The two ponies stopped in front of Celestia, they bowed. Luna walked in front of the two to speak. "Sister, I bring you Twilight Sparkle."

Celestia nodded, not seemingly moved by the sound of that name. She turned to face the two ponies. "Twilight Sparkle? Which one of you is her?"

Applejack stepped back and Twilight stepped forward. "I am Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia."

"From which universe are you?" Celestia asked.

"I'm from... I'm from the parallel universe." Twilight claimed.

"The parallel universe, you say? Luna have you told her of the-"

"The prophecy? Yes, sister." Luna replied quickly.

"Princess Celestia, may I ask what the prophecy is?" Asked Twilight.

Celestia sighed. "This world, our universe, is dying... Twenty years ago, a colt crossed the borders without using magic, but using science. When you cross universes without magic, but with science, you break the boundaries of the two universe, without repairing it after. With this broken boundarie, holes have broken loose in our universe. And with these holes, we have been required to use Amber to fill these holes. But the holes are growing.

"The holes will grow until it sucks this universe into itself. Without this universe, the balance between the two worlds will be lost; and without that balance your universe will slowly be destroyed as well." Celestia paused for a moment. "It said that a Twilight Sparkle will arrive from the other side and save our world and your own."

"But how am I suppose too save the worlds?" Twilight asked, confused.

"I don't know. I just know that your arrival is due to the return of what that colt came to this world to take. Your friend, Rainbow Dash, the long lost Princess of Eastern Equestria." Celestia explained.

Both Twilight and Applejack's jaw dropped. "Wha did she just say?" Applejack asked. "Rainbow is a princess?!"

"Not only that, she's from this universe?" Twilight asked.

Celestia nodded. "Twenty years ago a colt came to take a filly to the other side. Now you have come to take that same filly back. She is in Eastern Equestria, the city of Marehattan, if your magical powers are strong enough I can help you teleport there."

Twilight nodded. "Okay then. We'll teleport there."

Celestia's horn glew and a round rock from a case next to her is levitated to Twilight. Twilight takes it and looks at it. It was smooth and gray. It had a shell-like look to it. "This teleportation rock can take you to wherever you desire, but you'll need magic to unlock it." She levitates a scroll to Twilight. The levitation switches to Twilight, she unrolls it to read. "This spell can unlock the rock's powers. It is a very rare rock, the only one I have actually, and it can only be used once."

Twilight nodded. "Why are you giving this rock to us then? We could travel to Mane... Marehattan on foot." She had to correct herself, forgeting that Manehattan supposing had a different name in this world.

Celestia looked down. "Because you are the hope both universes have... I need to believe in something, and that is you. This rock will guarantee a quick and safe journey; and I must do my best to protect you... Now continue on your journey. Learn the spell and teleport to Marehattan."

Twilight was still in shock, not believing that the fate in both worlds laid in her hands. "Thank you, Princess Celestia, Luna." She turned to Luna, who was still smiling, as if she had hope again. This gave Twilight a spike of encouragement however, not wanting to disappoint anyone.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Rainbow Dash sat, looking out the window of her perimeter. She stared out at the Marehattan skyline, with all this advance technology. A tear shred down her cheek. "I miss you guys..." She mumbled. 'Why do I have to be here?' She asked herself. But then right at that moment she bolt up from her previous position. 'What a minute? How did I get here? How did my 'father' get me?' She never asked herself that. "This is not cool!"

Rainbow began pacing around, beginning to think. 'Could she find a way back?'

"Could I?" Dash asked under her breath.

Right then, a knock on the is heard several times. Dash flies over to the door and opens it. The pony she sees on the other side of the doorway shocks her and makes her lose concentration on her flying. She drops to the ground hard and looks up to see if she saw who she thought it was. And it was.

"Fluttershy?!" Dash yelled, in excitement.

"Oh you know my name? I'm sorry, is this a bad time?" Fluttershy said softly, backing up a little.

Dash jumped up and down. "Bad time?! This is so cool! How did you get here?!"

"Ummm... the elevator?" Fluttershy stammered, shoken up by Rainbow's reaction.

"Heh, real funny! Why are you wearing that costume anyway?" Dash asked, suddenly noticing that Fluttershy was wearing a red and gold uniform jacket, and a red and black military cap.

"Oh this old thing?" Fluttershy asked, looking down at her outfit. "This is my uniform for work."

"Uniform? What uniform? Work? Work for what?" Dash asked, confused.

"For you. I am your assisstant, secretary, chauffer, and anything else." Fluttershy softly explained.

Then it hit Dash. This wasn't the Fluttershy she knew. This was a Alternate Fluttershy. Altershy. This thought made Dash feel even worst than she felt before. Well at least she still seems the same.

Altershy noticed Rainbow's changing expression. "Is something wrong Miss Dash?"

Rainbow shook her head. "Nah. I''m fine. Call me Rainbow Dash, though. Please?"

Altershy hesitated. "O... Okay, I guess so... Rainbow Dash."

Dash smiled a little bit. "Thanks. By the way you said that you worked for me?"

Altershy nodded. "Oh yes, but it'll be my pleasure. I read stories on your disappearance and here you are now, back; out of nowhere. But don't worry I won't talk about it much, if you feel uncomfortable."

"It's fine. But Fluttershy," Altershy looked up, "you're job's gonna be the easiest job ever, cause I like to help myself with things."

Altershy nodded. "That's fine, but if you don't need my help than I need to do something else, like working for someone else."

"Don't worry, Fluttershy," it felt so weird saying her name, when he knew it wasn't her; or the Fluttershy she knew at least, "I am going to need one thing."

Altershy listened curiously.

"A friend." Rainbow finished.

Altershy's eyes widened in shock. "Oh! That sounds wonderful! I never really had a friend before."

"Never?" Rainbow asked, suddenly shocked.

Altershy shoke her head. "No. No one ever really liked me..."

"Well I think they're just crazy! Why wouldn't anyone wanna be your friend?! What about school?"

"Oh, I went to flying school in Cloudsdale, but I couldn't help make myself fly for longer than a minute back then. Of course, no I can, but back then I couldn't and everyone saw me as an outcast." Altershy explained and looked down.

Rainbow shoke her head. "That's just wrong." Rainbow walked over to Altershy and raised her head, with her hoofs. "Look, I'm not going to bully you. And if anyone ever does, they're gonna get it."

Altershy nodded. "Thank you. No one has ever been this nice to me..."

"Well, your world just got twenty percent nicer with me around." Dash said, smiling.

Altershy chuckled.

"So what brings you here anyway Fluttershy?" Dash asked.

"Oh, I'm here to deliver a message to you from your father. He wants you to be in the lobby at eight tonight, for dinner with some long time friends at this nice resturant down on Trotway." Altershy exclaimed.

Dash nodded. Great dinner with rich ponies. She thought. "Do you know who these 'friends' are?"

Altershy nodded. "They are the Orange family and the mayor of Marehattan."

"Mayor?" Rainbow asked.

"Mayor Rarity. This youngest mayor in the history of Marehattan. She truly is a gem." Altershy said.

Rainbow stepped back. "Mayor Rarity?"

Altershy nodded.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


AlterTwi levitated a odd looking spray can and sprayed the air, inside the worn library, that was Twilight's home on the other side. The spray can left some odd moisture in the air. It began to fade, when it developed a sort of mini warp in the middle of the air. Little warps of aurora-like waves suspended in the middle of the air, in front of AlterTwi.

Clover walked over AlterTwi. "Are you thinking of what I'm thinking?"

AlterTwi nodded. "Someone crossed over." She looked at the warps in front of her, curiously.

"Wow, in over twenty years. Can you believe that?" Clover said chuckling.

"Come on Clover! This isn't a joke." AlterTwi said, strictly.

"Hey, aren't you suppose to be the one to joke around?" Clover asked, grinning. Spitfire flew in. She shoved Clover a few inches to shut him up.

"Quiet! Twilight's trying to make a call!" Spitfire whispered loudly.

AlterTwi grinned. "Thanks Spitfire. At least I got one girl her on my back." AlterTwi winked at the two and turned to her hoof, which the metal bracelet. Her face began to grow serious.

Illuma's voice came from speaker. "Any results?"

"Yes Madam Light. Someone has crossed over. We don't know who it is yet, but I assure you; we'll find that pony." AlterTwi said, she looked up and noticed a old sercuity camera up in the corner of the library. Then it hit her.

She lowered her hoof back to the floor. "All right, report to me when you have more information."

"Copy that." AlterTwi said loudly, so the metal bracelet could attract her voice. She moved closer to the camera.

"What is it Twi?" Spitfire asked.

AlterTwi turned to Spitffire. "Spitfire, could you fly around the library to see if there's any survallence rooms and if it is still operable?"

"Got it!" Spitfire lifted herself from te ground and flew around.

Clover walked closer to AlterTwi. "What do you need it for?"

AlterTwi pointed at the sercurity camera for Clover to see. "We're gonna check out who our little border crossers are."

Clover nodded. "Always been the smarter pony." He smiled to her.

Hearing the comment, shoke her a little. She looked away, pretending to have not heard what he said.

"Twi! Clover! Over here!" Spitfire yelled, from the basement. AlterTwi gestured Clover to follow her into the basement. They ran down to meet up with Spitfire, who was in front of a set of televisions.

"I found the survallence room, but there hasn't been any tape to record, since eighteen years ago." Spitfire acknowledged.

AlterTwi grumbled in disappointment. "Damn!" She said. "All right guys, lets move out then."

"Sorry." Clover said softly. AlterTwi nodded. He walked up the stairs, as Spitfire flew up, she glanced at AlterTwi for second.

"I'll be right after you." AlterTwi assured. Spitfire nodded and flew up. AlterTwi then had a surreptitious grow on her face. She sneaked back to the survallence room and pointed her horn at a television screen. She grinded her teeth as the horn began to glow. The blank screen was then replaced by static; which was replaced by a high view of the main room of the library at present time.

AlterTwi saw Spitfire and Clover, waiting for her; on the television screen. AlterTwi grinded her teeth again and her horn glew again. The view began to rewind. Maybe all those days of studying really did pay off. She thought.

After a while she stopped right when she noticed a portal opening in the middle of the library. AlterTwi looked closely to see who would cross over. As she leaned in, she saw Twilight and Applejack step out of the portal. The opening closed, between them and they began to cover their noses.

AlterTwi blinked, not once, not twice, but three times. She leaned in even closer. Was that? It was! AlterTwi was taken aback. She stepped away from the television screen. She had just saw herself cross over. Well not herself, her alternate.

Spitfire walked back down the stairs. "Twi?" She asked. AlterTwi turned around to face Spitfire. Spitfire noticed the reaction on AlterTwi's face. "You all right? You look like you've just seen a ghost."

AlterTwi didn't reply. She turned back to the television screen, with a bewildered look.