• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 1,672 Views, 22 Comments

The Other Side - dashfire



5 of the mane 6 are forced to travel across universes and battle themselves to save Rainbow Dash.

  • ...
 22
 1,672

The Missing (Prologue)

"She's missing?!" Gasped Twilight Sparkle, hearing the shocking news from Fluttershy. All Fluttershy could do was nod, her emotionless face, facing the wooden floor of the library. She had just finished updating Twilight on the news of Rainbow Dash's disappearance for the last few hours. Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie stood behind Fluttershy.

"Maybe she went to go for a 'fly'," Rarity stepped in to say, "you know how she can get lost in her own world when she does."

"Not for this long though." Softly replied by Fluttershy. "She would've realized how much time had past by already."

"Maybe she's sick!" Pinkie exclaimed, excited that she might have discovered the reason why Dash was missing.

"If ya recall, Fluttershy already visited Rainbow's home and she wasn't there." Applejack reminded Pinkie Pie.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." Pinkie nodded.

"She probably joined ta Wonderbolts without tell'in us." Applejack then claimed.

"Well I wouldn't be so shocked if she did." Rarity said.

"Come on girls," Twilight jumped in, "this is Rainbow Dash we're talking about. This most loyal pony of all of Equestria. She wouldn't leave without saying goodbye."

"I'm afraid she could be kidnapped." Fluttershy said in her low voice.

Suddenly the sound of swarming fire is heard from the upstairs bedroom. The five ponie look up, where they see Spike pop up. He is holding a scroll. "Umm... Twilight... Princess Celestia sent this to you." Spike annouced to Twilight.

With her magical, she made the scroll levitate to her and opened it. She reads it and widens her eyes. "Princess Celestia is asking for us to join us, as soon as possible!"


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The five ponies entered the main hall of the Royal Castle in Canterlot. There, Princess Celestia sat on her throne at the end of the hall. Two gaurds rested on either side of her.

The ponies ran up to Celestia and stopped in front of her to bow. "Princess Celestia, you have summoned us?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, Twilight Sparkle..." She turned to her guards, facing her. She nodded and the guards left their posts. Twilight sees this and wonders what is going on.

Celestia turned to the five ponies standing in from of her. "Girls, I'm sure that you are aware of your friend's disappearance?"

The ponies nodded. "Rainbow Dash, yes." Twilight answered.

"I'm afraid to say that she has been... kidnapped."

The five ponies gasped. Fluttershy flies above the girls from behind. "I told you." She said.

"By who? To where?" Twilight asked.

Princess Celestia sighed. "Twilight, you are my most trusted and reliable student. But I have not taught you everything I know. I should have told you, but this secret was too big to let out into the open. However, as it seems now, I have no choice. This world, this universe of ours; has a duplicate."

"Duplicate?" Twilight was puzzled.

"A parallel universe. Another world, much like our's but slightly different, populated with alternate version of ourselves; where we've made different choices and experienced different events that shaped our lives. That is the place where your friend is."

"How do we get there?" Twilight immediately askes.

"Magic, only a very powerful spell can open a window across the universes. It is very difficult to cast, but Twilight Sparkle when I first encountered you; I never saw any other magic as powerful. You can open the door." Celestia's horn glows as she carries a book without touching it to Twilight.

Twilight takes the book.

"This book will teach you how to cast the doorway spell. But know this, the doorway can only allow a limited amount of people. The maximum is two." Celestia explains.

Twilight nods. "I understand Princess, thank you." She begin to walk back.

"Twilight Sparkle." Celestia continues. Twilight stops in her tracks. "Just know that this world will be the most dangerous place you'll venture in."

"I will, Princess."

The five bow once more and run out.

"Good luck..." The Princess whispers.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Rainbow Dash grumbles as she wakes up to find herself in a large king-sized bed in a luxury room. She notices the unusual surroundings and bolts up. "Where am I?!"

Her face fills with panic. She then hears the doorknob twist open. The large door opens, revealing a older and more manly looking Rainbow Dash. His cutie mark is a crown on a cloud. He smiles softly.

Rainbow Dash looks at him confused. "Where am I? Who are you?"

He sighes. "The answer to your first question, is quite complicated. The answer to your second, I'm your father; your real father."

"My father? No my father passed, years ago." Rainbow Dash exclaimed in panic.

"That colt, he stole you from me that's what he did. Rainbow, oh Rainbow Dash, my princess. Princess of Eastern Equestria, I missed you so."

"My father stole me? Princess?"

The colt looks down. "Rainbow, you are in a alternate world; one in which you were born in, one where you are a princess of the strongest nation in the world." He walks over to the window, which is covered by curtains. He moves the covers, revealing a large wide window showing a modern city. Zeppelins floating over the city, one even docking on the top of the Empire State Building. "This is the city of Marehattan."

Rainbow Dash stares out the window, her mouth agape.