• Published 9th Feb 2017
  • 1,536 Views, 28 Comments

U.N.S.C Frigate Timelane [rewrite] - Element Reading



UNSC Frigate Timelane was investigating an new planet just outside the covenant controlled territory, this is going to be epic

  • ...
6
 28
 1,536

Chapter 5: Ending part 2!

As they were riding up the beam, they heard what sounded like a cannon charging up, Trev looked up and saw the main gun on the corvette charging up, and it was aimed right at the Timelane.

He shouted, "Hey Mord, warn the Timelane now, or there won't be a way out!"

"This is Commander Mord to Timelane, captain, do you read me?"

"I read you soldier, I'm a bit busy up here."

"The corvette is charging its cannon and aiming right at you, get away now!"

"Oh crap, turn the ship now!" But, the cannon fired 8 beams of plasma that collided with the Timelane, it hit right in the middle of the ship making it rip into two pieces, the backside blew up first throwing the front half towards the corvette.

The team made it up to the ship just as the front half of the Timelane blew up, destroying the beam, leaving them no way to turn around. Baker said, "Oh shit, oh this is horrible, without the Timelane, we have no evac, and without the beam, we can't abort, what do we do Mord?"

He thought for a moment, Mord replied, "Tell you what, I'll set the bomb to take longer than 10 minutes, and we'll find the vehicle bay, take a phantom, and get the hell out of here before we're blown up, better than nothing."

Shining Armor added, "Normally, that would be insane, this would freak me out into a coma, but right now, your plan makes sense, I think it might work."

Baker nodded, and Trev gave him a thumbs up. "Alright then, it's settled, we'll set the bomb to detonate at a later time, let's go Demons, we don't have long to dilly daddle."

Right as they started moving Shining told them, "Um, there was something I forgot to tell you all."

Mord asked, "Oh crap, what is it?"

"The princesses are up here, the prisons cells shouldn't be far from here, I can feel their magic from here, we free them, and then blow up this ship."

"Fine, but the rest of our beers will be on you, got it?"

Shining nodded, and they walked away.

After a couple of empty hallways, they reached a big door, Mord could tell that it was the prison cell, Baker was hacking the small pad next to the door, "Shining, let's hope you're right, if you aren't, I'll personally throw you off this ship and sell your armor."

"The door is unlocked sir." Said Baker, the door opened and there were a small set of cells that were on the sides, and right in the back, there were 3 brutes playing what appeared to be a Covenant version of poker.

One of them was about to shout, but Trev fired his rockets at them blowing them up, no need for details.

Trev dropped his launcher and grabbed his smg, they looked in the first few cells, but saw nothing, the last two cells had the princesses in them, they looked dirty, beat, starved, and even raped.

They had what looked like shockers attached to their horns, Shining bent down and said, "Princess Celestia, it's alright, they're with me, they're saving our lands, come with me, I'll get you out of here."

They were unable to respond, but when the bars opened they took Shining Armor's hoof and stood up, Mord said, "Trev, you go with Shining to the vehicle bay, get a phantom and wait for us, wait a maximum of 15 minutes, then leave with or without Baker and I, got it?"

"Yes sir." Replied Trev.

Trev had to piggyback Luna because she was so weak, Celestia could walk, they walked out of the prison leaving Mord and Baker there.

Mord and Baker ran out and sneaked all the way to the bridge.

Once they got up there, they stood in front of another big door, "Mord?"

He replied, "Yes Baker?"

"Let's go."

They smirked as the door opened, there in the bridge was 6 elites, 10 grunts, and an elite general. Mord and Baker each threw 2 grenades, killing 3 elites and 6 grunts or so, the elite general cloaked and disappeared.

Baker sprayed his smg at two elites, and when their shields dropped Mord shot them both in the head, Baker had to reload, but Mord fired 3 shots and killed 3 grunts. He hid behind an elite's body and fired 5 more shots into the last elite, it's shields dropped and Baker quickly finished him off. The last grunt took our it's grenades and ran at Mord, he shot the grunt in the head killing it, he dropped to the ground until he heard 2 explosions.

Mord reloaded his DMR and Baker checked the bodies. Once that was done Mord sat at a column and started to activate the bomb, Baker ran over to a computer and hacked most of the files out, and made sure the corvette was heading right for the cruiser.

Mord activated his radio and said, "Trev, are you at the vehicle bay?"

He replied, "I am, got the bomb set?"

"Almost, wait for 10 minutes or so, then leave, got it?"

"Yes sir, so you aren't coming?"

"Oh I am, but make sure those princesses are safe first."

"Understood sir, over and out." The radio was dead and Mord had set the bomb.

"Alright, we have 10 minutes, there was no way to increase the time, you ready over there?"

"Almost, give me a second." Mord bent over to check the bomb one more time, but the elite general silently uncloaked and got right behind Mord, Baker turned around and shouted.

"Mord!"

He looked back just in time for an energy sword shoved into his chest, the elite shoved the sword in him so hard, it got stuck on the column pinning Mord up there.

Baker yelled out, "Mord no!" He fired all of his smg into the elite killing it, he ran over to Mord and said, "Oh my god, Mord, come on, let's just get this sword out and get you to the phantom."

"No! I'll just slow you down, go, leave. Leave me, I'll defend the bomb, I'm a goner Baker, and I probably wouldn't make it even if I got out."

"No, sir, I can't let you die here, you have so much more to do."

"No, I don't, I'm gonna defend this bomb until my dying breath, you go, and you take command of the squad, they need you, and tell Spitfire I'm sorry. Now go, be with your family, and that's an order Baker."

"Sigh, yes sir, it was an honor serving with you."

"The pleasure's all mine, now, run." Baker ran to the door, only to look back one more time, before he ran into the hallway.

He ran and ran, holding back the tears until he got out, he didn't encounter much, just a couple of grunts which he killed with ease.

Once he got to the vehicle bay, he looked and saw a phantom floating there with a whole bunch of Covenant bodies around it, Baker ran into the small beam and floated into the phantom.

Shining Armor was tending to the princesses in the back, Trev looked back from the pilot seat and asked, "So when's Mord getting here?"

"He's not."

Trev was silent for a second before saying, "Understood, let's get the hell out of here." The phantom flew out of the bay and was flying down into the planet's atmosphere, Shining looked at Baker and asked.

"Where's Mord? I wasn't listening, had to help the princesses."

"He's not here."

"What?"

"He was pinned to a column and he gave his life to defend the bomb, 3, 2, 1."

A large explosion erupted behind them shaking the phantom, after a couple moments the phantom stabilized. "Mord's dead, oh sweet Celestia, I, oh pony feathers."

"Ya, but there's no time to morn, we gotta get back to the surface and get to the rest of the skulls."

Once they got down there they found out that Canterlot was secured by the U.N.S.C, they won the battle. Helen, Macy, and Yori were standing in front of the phantom.

The side doors opened and the princesses got out first, then Shining Armor, and finally Trev and Baker.

Helen asked, "So, where's Mord?"

Baker replied, "Mord's KIA, he died up there, he was pinned by an elite right next to the bomb and he died protecting it."

They looked devastated, "Oh, shit." Was all Macy could say.

That evening:

They were in the in the same bar in Ponyville, they sat around the table looking very depressed, there were beer mugs all over the table, and they were abnormally silent. Until Spitfire entered, she had on her captains uniform, she took off her glasses and looked at the table.

She walked over and asked, "So, I take it Mord's getting more beers?"

They all looked at each other, "What?"

Shining Armor sat up and replied, "Mord, he isn't coming."

"What's wrong, is he wounded?"

Baker added, "No, he's dead."

Spitfire stared at him for a moment and asked, "What, he can't be dead, he's just stuck in Canterlot, right?"

Baker handed her a small pda, it had Mord's file, which listed him as KIA. "No, it can't be. He really is dead, isn't he?"

"He is, I'm sorry, I couldn't do anything to save him, he died protecting this planet like so many of the unnamed marines, he made the ultimate sacrifice, and for that, we can never repay him. I just hope he's resting peacefully up there, maybe with his family."

She sat down, her face was covered in tears, "Drink, it'll help, I've lost many friends and family, trust me." She took the mug and drank everything in it.

They sat around and told stories about Mord until every single one of them passed out.

Equestria was safe, humanity had a new ally, but with that came many losses, such as Mord, or the rest of those unnamed soldiers that died on those frontlines.

Author's Note:

There will be an epiloge, and it'll be all new, with a major plot twist, so if you've made it this far, please read it.

As always comment what you thought about the story and have a good day/night to you all.