• Published 9th Feb 2017
  • 1,533 Views, 28 Comments

U.N.S.C Frigate Timelane [rewrite] - Element Reading



UNSC Frigate Timelane was investigating an new planet just outside the covenant controlled territory, this is going to be epic

  • ...
6
 28
 1,533

Chapter 1: Entering the Battlefield


UNSC Frigate Timelane: Captain Rico Ucrane
date: Sept/15/2557.
Mission: explore uncharted world 7-787.
Crew number: 478.


The ship was in slipspace, most of the crew were in their cryo pods, except for the skeleton crew, and O.D.S.T. squad Demon Skulls.

The Demon Skulls were in the barracks playing a game of poker, there were 6 of them in total.

The first member is Baker, he's white, 5 foot 8, 25 years old with green eyes, and he's the team tech. His loadout is one smg, and a magnum.

Next we have Macy, she's Asian, 5 foot 1, 23 years old with brown eyes, and she is the team's heavy weapons specialist. Her loadout is a SAW with two magnums as her backup weapons.

The quiet one of the squad is Yori, he's Mexican, 5 foot 11, 32 years old with brown eyes. and he's the team's elite sniper. His loadout is a sniper rifle, and a magnum at his side.

Here we have the one guy the team could live without, his name is Trevor, but they call him Trev for short. He's white, 5 foot 5, 23 years old with brown eyes, and he's the team demolitions expert. His weapon of choice is a rocket launcher with an smg backup.

The second to last member is Helen, she's black, exactly 6 feet tall, 22 years old with green eyes, and she's the close combat specialist. Her loadout is a shotgun with an assault riffle to finish them off with.

Finally we have the squad's fiercest and strongest member Mord. He's white, 6 foot 2, 29 years old with one blue eye, the right a purely mechanical eye, and he's the commander of the squad. His loadout is a DMR and SAW backup, he also has an energy sword, normally that wouldn't be allowed, but his grandfather was a Rear Admiral, who allowed it.

Macy had a fullhouse and was about to go all in, that was until the captain announced something on the speakers throughout the ship, "Attention all crew members, we're exiting slipspace in 30 minutes, get your asses in gear and report to your battle stations asap!"

Yori said, "Aw crap, now we have to get up."

"You heard the captain, gear up and move out," said Mord.

"But sir-" Trev was cut off by Mord saying.

"That was an order soldier."

He replied, "yes sir."

In less than 10 minutes the entire squad was fully geared up and ready to kick some ass, they were walking towards the drop pod bay.

Baker asked them, "Hey guys, I have some news concerning my wife Asa."

"What happened?" Asked Helen.

"Well, she's pregnant! I'm gonna be a dad guys!"

The squad congratulated him, "Congrats of fatherhood soldier, I know you'll be a good one." Said Mord.

"Thanks man, I'm so happy."

"Helen replied, "You'll feel even better after we kill a bunch of covies."

"Ya, ya sure, it'll be great." They didn't pay any mind of his timidness on fighting, except for Mord.

When they got to the drop pod bay they lined up for the briefing. "Demons! We're gonna be the first ones down on a newly discovered planet with signs of primitive life, upon further investigating the beings are tiny 3 to 4 foot horses. You all heard me, horses, we've had weirder. We don't know whether or not these ponies are working with the Covenant, but none of you will fire upon them, unless fired upon, got it?"

"Sir yes sir!" They all shouted.

"Now, the exact area we will land is a city made out of solid crystals, don't ask. We'll be near the center of the city and will move into the castle, we'll capture the castle and reinforcements will come down, while they're coming down we'll defend the castle underbelly, further orders will be given after the troops land. should be easy, we cannot fail this mission. There is no abort, there is only succeed, or die trying, got it?"

"Sir yes sir!" They all shouted with pride, bravery, and a twinge of fear.

"Dismissed!" Shouted Mord. They walked over to their pods, but right before Baker stepped foot in the pod Mord grabbed his shoulder.

"Yes sir?"

"Baker, you have permission to speak freely, I know something's up, I can hear it in your voice."

He replied, "Mord, what if I don't come back, I'll leave my daughter without a dad, and I won't be there to see her grow up. I'm scared sir, I'm truly scared."

Mord took off his helmet and told him. "Soldier, I know you very well, I basically trained you, you're gonna be fine. You won't leave them, I will not allow that. Also you have a job to do, keep your mind sharp and you'll be back in one piece."

"Thanks sir, that helps."

"Glad to help, now let's go and kick some ass, shall we?"

"Yes sir!" Baker shouted cheerfully, he walked into his pod and the pod sealed. Mord walked over to his and stared at it for a few moments as he thought.

"Here we go again, please don't let me die before I land." He walked into the pod and it sealed up.

The captain said over the radio, "All O.D.S.T's punch out, may god bless you all." All the pods started to drop from the ship and entered the quiet space.

Helen shouted, "I love this part! Whoo!" Mord turned off his radio and just looked out, in front of his wasn't a giant super carrier, nor a forerunner ship, but plain empty space.

He took a deep breath and savored the quiet, until his pod entered the atmosphere. A couple plasma beams passed right in front of him making him jump a bit, he heard his shoot pop and a massive jerk before he landed.

Luckily he landed right on target, in front of his pod was two grunts and a jackal, the jackal slowly crept towards the pod thinking the troop died upon impact. That is until the door opened crushing the jackal, Mord leapt out and sprayed his SAW all around him killing the grunts.

The grunts let out a very satisfying death gurgle, Mord smiled underneath his helmet. He turned on his radio and asked, "Demons report!"

"Right on target sir!" Said Baker.

"I made it! On my way to the castle!" Said Trevor.

"I'm killing so many of them, this is living, making headway to the castle sir!" Said Helen.

"Jeez, I thought these guys would give me some trouble, oh well!" Said Macy.

"I landed on top of the castle, and right now I'm facing a very pink unicorn pegasus hybrid, it's not making any sudden movements, will keep you posted." Said Yori.

"Stay tight and don't fire unless you're attacked."

"Yes sir!" Mord looked behind him and saw three shadows, they looked like elites so Mord ran to cover.

Just as he suspected three elites ran over to the pod, they were examining it, not realizing that someone was still there.

Mord jumped from a roof and fired his SAW at the closest one, it cooked the elite's shields and shot him many times in the chest, Mord landed on the elite's body crushing the head. The other two fired their storm riffles at Mord, but he rolled away and threw a grenade at the elites.

They didn't even notice the grenade, until POW! Their shields flared and they flew away, they were dead before they hit the ground. he looked around at his work, all he could say was, "I love the smell of war in the morning."

After charging through the straight street killing several members of the Covenant, he finally reached the castle. He jumped onto a nearby roof to examine the battlefield.

He looked towards the underbelly of the castle and saw the ponies fighting the Covenant behind makeshift barriers that were desks, tables, more crystals. He looked a bit closer at a couple of the ponies and saw a couple made out of solid crystal. "How is that possible? That's just weird and I'll have to ask them that later, for now I- where's my squad?"

He looked to the side and saw each of them-except Yori- on the rooftops around him, "Demons, are you seeing this?"

"Yes sir, we are." Said Macy.

"Well, we gotta tell the captain that these ponies are fighting against the Covenant, not for them."

Baker asked, "So how are we gonna attack?"

"Alright, Macy, Baker, you two go the the right and start helping the ponies there, Trev, go to the left, kill them all."

"He yelled out, "Yes sir!"

"Quiet or we'll be dead. Now I'll move up the front here and talk to the commanding officer here. Got it?"

"Yes sir." They all said.

"Move out." Each member quietly moved to the designated positions.

After a few seconds Mord asked, "Everyone ready?"

"Ready!" Shouted them all.

"ATTACK!" Mord ran out of cover to see two hunters charging up their fuelrod canons. He yelled out, "Hey assholes!"

They turned around, "Mess with someone you two can handle." They charged up their canons again as Mord ran towards them, the left one fired a green blast, but Mord Jumped over it, the second one fired it's round. but Mord slid under that one. He jumped on the shield of the left hunter and used it to jump to the right hunter's back.

He armed a grenade and shoved it right in it's neck, the hunter jerked for a second as Mord jumped to the left one, he dove to the back and heard the first one blow up, the current hunter was wiping off the guts ignoring the grenade Mord shoved in there. He jumped down and started to charge at the pony barricade.

He shouted, "Make way!" They did so and Mord dove behind the small wall and waited for a second, "Boom!" he saw some orange blood splash over the barricade, he got up and examined his kills. All that were left of the hunters was a leg, and an arm, along with a orange colored street.

The ponies were staring in shock, never have they seen anypony fight like that. Mord asked, "Who is your commanding officer?" They all pointed towards the guard right next to him.

The guard was wearing purple armor, had bright white fur, and a blue mane, "What is your name and rank."

He sputtered out, "S-S-Shining-g Ar-r-r-r-mor, Capt-tain of the r-royal guard."

"What is this place?"

"The Crystal empire."

"Really? Well that is the dumbest name I've ever heard for a place. Anyway, we've come to help you all in your time of need. Our troops are descending as we speak. I take it the castle is still under your control?"

"Yes it is, now who are you?"

"I'm Sargent grade three Mord, commander of the O.D.S.T. squad, Demon Skulls."

"O.D.S.T.?"

"Never mind, we'll help reinforce this castle and drive the Covenant out of here. All we need out of you is full cooperation. Got it?"

"I do, but where are these troops coming from?"

He pointed up, All the guards stared at the giant metal ships flying towards the castle, there were about 30 or so pelicans dodging orbital fire.

"Those are our ships." The first four landed in the castle courtyard, all the guards were still staring with their jaws dropped. The door behind the pelicans opened and about 30 troops charged out ready to fight.

This went on for a few minutes until all the pelicans were empty, they flew off and started to fire upon the Covenant ships in the area.

Mord was a little surprised at the sheer number of troops. There were now about 200 of them, they charged out of the castle and started killing the Covenant in the immediate area.

All Mord could say was, "Oh this will be fun."

Author's Note:

How's that for a rewrite, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, let me know in the comments if you all want another chapter, and I'll make it happen.