• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 762 Views, 12 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: Star Swirl the Bearded - Silver Inkwell



Follow the tale and story about the real truth behind the great and powerful yet still mysterious Star Swirl as told by (the) Princess Celestia to her student Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
4
 12
 762

PreviousChapters Next
The Queen's Curse

The Queen's Curse

It was a day before the summer solstice that it finally eventually happened.

But what did finally eventually happen? Well let me tell you please.

Queen Chrysalis wanted to meet with Star Swirl and the king in private so that she could test out his potion and spell making skills, and other various random things and stuff. And that was why and how it happened on that very day.

“You are very good with this,” Chrysalis said seductively circling around Star Swirl like a shark swims around its prey, “Perhaps I should take lessons from you, after all, you are inventing this new potion I have never seen before.”

“Please,” he said trying to not take the compliment given for his own morality, “I do not need or want your thanks and compliments, but I could teach you how to make and duplicate this, although I would highly recommend and suggest not to do so since this is one of the most dangerous potions that I have ever made in my life, and I discovered the brew of immortality so… you know. There’s that to consider from the stallion who is now currently speaking.”

“What does it do exactly?” she said leaning over the cauldron slightly.

He pushed her back from the edge slightly, “The first thing that I say is that this thing is very dangerous and your first instinct is to get closer to it?

I don’t know whether or not that makes you just plain stupid or crazy, or perhaps maybe a little bit of both instead. But please, stay far away from this, I wouldn’t want you to get hurt from this thing. But to answer your previous question this is a potion that enhances the heart’s beauty and nature.

If you are good then it will enhance that and no matter what you look like it will make your physical appearance have even more beauty and splendor.

However, if you are not good and instead evil then it will only enhance that and instead of having more beauty you will have less of it for your many actions.

This thing can twist and turn you many ways, and even possibly corrupt you too. And that is why I have named this the heart’s curse,” he said.

“But why did you ever name that?” she said.

“Because no pony will ever have a pure enough heart where this potion could not enhance it anymore, and no pony is ever truly objectively good.”

“Don’t be ridiculous or silly, surely there must be some pony out there?”

“Maybe,” he said, “But they probably haven’t even been born yet.”

“Very well then,” she said, “If you say so.”

“I do,” he said, “And I also say that I should have never made this potion in the first place, I don’t know why I ever did so or agreed to show you my skills.

Well I do know, sort of, but that’s not the real point here.”

“Then what is the real point?” she said.

“I don’t see that your future is ever good at all with that potion.”

“Nonsense,” she said, “Don’t be silly, I am a very good pony and am kind to y citizens, surely nothing bad will happen if I take this potion?”

“I can’t say that for sure,” he said, “I know what the future is and I can see it, but I also know that I cannot change your mind no matter what I say about you or your future and how much pain and sorrow and despair that it holds for you if you take that. And so therefore I cannot stop you from taking it if that is what you really want and wish for, but be careful, that is very dangerous.”

“You have said so before,” she said taking a ladle and dipping it into the potion, “But I can handle this, I am the queen of potion making and experimentation after all,” and with that said she took a big deep sip of
the potion.

Nothing seemed to happen at first and then she said, “See? I told you that nothing bad would happen?” But then suddenly, something very bad did happen. Suddenly she lurched her body upwards let out a scream of agony and pain. “What is happening to me?” she said very angrily raising her voice to match her anger that she had, “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?”

“Me?” Star Swirl said, “I did nothing, you on the other hoof, you have done it all, you took the potion and I tried to warn you, always remember that when you look upon this day in the future and weep for your very poor choice.”

And with that said she let out more cries of agony and pain as her bones started to snap and bend and reshape into other various random forms.

And then her body started to transform and change before their eyes.

First it was hair, it turned black now instead of her rich dark chocolate brown laced with streaks of her bright golden yellow. And then it was the rest of her.

Her skin and coat started to change from the brilliant white to a very dark black that seemed to suck the life and vibrancy of color within the whole entire room. But oddly and strangely enough holes also started to form in her legs for some reason. And then her horn also turned black and now was curved instead of straight and white. And her wings, where they once had been brilliant white they now seemed insect like and they were made of a very thing light substance that only had the color of light blue instead. And her eyes, they were now green instead of the very deep-sea blue that he had once known that she had before.

And now she stood before them, her very body and form and shape deformed and ragged, even her hair matched the very demeanor of her body.

Then suddenly her bones stopped snapping and cracking and her body stopped changing, and now she stood in her very new deformed shape and form.

“WHAT IS IT?” she said very loudly, “HOW DO I LOOK? GIVE ME A MIRROR!”

“No, you don’t need one,” Star Swirl said, “You look very lovely.”

“Yes, you do indeed,” the king said going along with Star Swirl.

But it was no use, a mirror was taken over to her and then she let out a scream of pain and agony so loud that it could have shattered glass.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?” she said in anger and despair and pain.

“YOU HAVE MADE ME UGLY AND A MONSTER! AND EVEN WORSE, YOU TRIED TO LIE TO ME ABOUT HOW BAD THIS REALLY WAS! WHY?”

“Because I feared exactly this kind of reaction,” Star Swirl said.

“LOOK AT ME!” she suddenly then snapped to him, “DO I LOOK LIKE A QUEEN TO YOU? DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF BEAUTY?”

“No,” he said, “But at least you still have your special talents.”

“WHICH MEAN NOTHING NOW! WHY DO YOU THINK THAT ALL THE KINGS AND NOBLES AND ROYAL BLOOD LET ME EXPIREMENT WITH POTIONS AND MAGIC AND SCIENCE? IT WAS BECAUSE OF MY BEAUTY, THAT’S THE ONLY REASON WHY MY WORK COULD CONTINUE AND LIVE ON! BUT NOW YOU HAVE TAKEN AWAY THE ONLY THINGS THAT I HAVE EVER LOVED!

AND FOR THAT, YOU WILL PAY VERY DEARLY, I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES, EVEN IF I HAVE TO KILL THE KING FIRST!”

“Surely you do not mean that?” Cosmos said very nervously.

“I DO!” she said, “AND NO PONY CAN EVER STOP MY PLANS!”

And with that said she suddenly tried to attack Star Swirl but then found that she could not when he quickly cast a spell at her to stop her.

“WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?” she said, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?”

“Preventing you from ever trying to kill any pony ever again,” he said very calmly, “I am putting a spell on you that will stop you from ever killing again.”

“NO!” she said, “YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO ME! PLEASE DON’T DO THIS!”

“I have to,” he said, “You leave me no other choice or options for me.”

And with that said Star Swirl let her go since she couldn’t harm him now.

She growled with anger and hate and wrath and fury, “DO YOU THINK THAT THIS CAN REALLY EVER STOP ME! YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU THINK SO!”

And with that said she took off with her wings and tried to fly off to the doors but then saw that they were blocked and so she instead flew straight up into the ceiling breaking one of the many various random windows that was there.

“OH COME ON!” Cosmos said once she had broken one of them.

“Don’t worry,” Star Swirl said, “You’ll fix it, eventually.”

“I know,” he said with a very deep heavy sigh, “But I just hope that she will be alright, and I also wonder where she will go now.”

“Back to her kingdom,” Star Swirl said, “But I would not recommend or advise that you follow her, she’s going to make all her subjects just like her.”

“Why would she ever do a thing like that?” Cosmos said.

“Because she is obsessed with beauty, and no pony else can be more beautiful than her, and then they will all be finally equal to her. And to answer your other question she will not be alright or fine, she has a very sad future filled with pain and sorrow and despair ahead of her, for she will never again be like she was, the potion will prevent that, and no matter what magic she tries to change and transform herself she will always still ever remain the same.

And because of this I think that a new name for her is appropriate, for she no longer rules the lands of Intopia, but instead of one that changes instead.

A changeling empire, one that will always ever change its form and shape.”

And with that said it was on that day that the Changeling empire was born.

And it was also on that day that the queen would always have a curse too.

For the potion would always prevent her from ever changing into her true and real body, she would always have to take on the new forms and shapes of other ponies instead. And so it was that an entire empire and nation and kingdom fell to the desires and wants of what one very simple queen wanted one day.

But this is not the story of what happens to her, that is another different story for yet another time, this is still the story about Star Swirl instead.

“I’m sorry,” he said after she left, “I had no idea that this could ever happen. I mean I knew that something bad would happen to her, but not this.”

“Don’t blame yourself,” Cosmos said, “It wasn’t your fault that she took the potion, and after all, you did try to warn her so at least you tried.”

“And that makes it even worse,” he said, “I tried and failed.”

“But you still tried, and that alone is still worth glory and praise.”

“I guess so, but I don’t really know if that should be true or not.”

“Don’t be ridiculous or silly, of course it is true,” Cosmos said.

“Yes, maybe it is, but is that what you think or is it because you say it is?”

“Maybe a little bit of both?”

“Perhaps, maybe. But who really knows?”

And with that said they sat in silence for quite some time.

“I just wish that there was some place I could go where I could fix all this, a new land, a different world, an alternate universe or dimension.

Just somewhere else where I could get away from all this and rest and relax for a bit, you know, get away from all the chaos and danger and peril.”

Cosmos then looked up at him, “You know, there might just be something like that, but I can’t make any guarantees or promises yet.”

“Really?” Star Swirl said with some shock and surprise, “Huh, who knew?”

“I did,” Cosmos said, “But sadly enough it won’t open for a few more days.”

“Why?” Star Swirl said.

“Because of reasons that will soon be made clear, but come, I think that the other citizens of my kingdom would want to know what happened to Queen Chrysalis, and I’m also sure that they will want an explanation too.”

And with that said he started to write an explanation out.

Soon enough the whole entire kingdom knew what happened to her and knew to look out for her since she would be both very mad and angry and crazy too.

But after they knew of it there were surprisingly enough no reports of any activity from the newly formed Changeling Empire, and while that may have been odd and strange, Star Swirl knew much better, he knew that she would be hiding herself and her subjects very well. And he also soon learned that no magic worked within the kingdom because of some strange mysterious rock.

How very interesting, he thought to himself when he heard the first reports, I must get some of this material even at the cost of my safety, and so it was that he went to the empire, snuck in, and got some of the stuff to study. He never could figure out why it was that way, but he still did nonetheless enjoy his time studying and examining it, and so it sat in his cloak unused always.

Author's Note:

Edit (1/11/17): This originally was a bonus, but now it is an official chapter, so please do enjoy!

Intopia

I couldn't think of a good name, but if you have a better one say so in the comments section down below.

Also Queen Chrysalis is a bad-ass bitch, but it works out that way even though I did not intend it to be that way at first.

Next (and hopefully last) Chapter: The Mirror

Where Star Swirl goes to a whole new world that's completely different.

Also, quick question, should I do journal entries for him?

Please say something, anything at all in fact.

Edit (1/11/17): There will be NO Journal entries for him at all, and hopefully for me there never will be even in a new completely different 'story'.

Anyhow, that's all for now.

So stay tuned for more!

PreviousChapters Next