• Published 7th Nov 2016
  • 1,531 Views, 28 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls in Freezer Burned - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 28
 1,531

Chapter 7

The paramedics were placing Flash Sentry on a stretcher as he was being loaded into the ambulance as Sonic and the others watched him leave.

"Hey, thanks for getting us out of there, Flash. You were the hero of the day." Sonic said in an attempt to make him feel better as he gave him the thumbs up. Flash's only response was to moan in pain as Sonic put his thumb down.

"Poor, Flash. I hope he'll be alright." Fluttershy said as the ambulance drove away, leaving the group in front of the restaurant.

"Well, that was quite the adventure." Tails stated in a tired tone.

"Tell me about it. We went from eating out to being trapped in a freezer and a heater to almost fighting an angry mob. Are things always this crazy with you people?" Adagio asked.

"Yep! And this is just a 0.5 on the crazy scale!" Pinkie explained as she took out a measuring scale out of thin air to demonstrate.

"Not to mention we can never come back here again. I didn't think Filthy Rich would actually ban us." Sunset said as she looked back at the restaurant.

"I hope that cheapskate gets what's coming to him." Knuckles said with a frown on his face.

Speaking of Filthy, back in the restaurant, Filthy Rich opened the freezer open and used a chair from the restaurant to keep the door open as he entered inside.

"Now, where did I put my wallet?"He muttered as he headed back in the room and began to search.

In the hall, Trixie was walking through as she noticed the door in front of the chair. She groaned out loud as she walked towards it.

"So this is where that chair was! Who in the right mind would put it here?!" She said in an annoyed tone as she removed the chair from the door, making it begin to close as she walked away. There was a loud slam and Filthy Rich's face sunk as he heard the noise and turned around to see that he was locked inside....again.

"What?! NOOOO!! SOMEONE, GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!" He screamed as he pounded against the door.

"I'm sure he will, eventually." Rainbow Dash told Knuckles as he folded his arms. "Anyway, I guess we should pack up our food and take it with us."

"Sounds good to me, I'm starving!" Sonic said as Spike looked around with a nervous look.

"Eh........I'm not so sure if that's possible." Spike began to say as everyone looked at him.

"What are you talking about?" Twilight asked.

"While you guys were trapped in there.....I might have.....eaten your food...." Spike said with a hint of embarrassment in his voice as he now met with looks of shock and annoyance.

"What?! Why would you do that?" Silver asked.

"You guys were trapped in there for so long and the food was getting cold! I couldn't let it go to waste!" He protested as everyone moaned at the loss of their meals again.

Manic noticed that for all the time they had been outside, Sonata hadn't said a single word and was being unusually quiet. He saw that she wore a sad look on her face as her head was down and he approached her.

"Sonata? Is something wrong?" He asked.

Sonata lifted her head up to Manic question and she let out a deep sigh.

"Yeah, something is wrong. I ruined everything tonight. First, I messed up AppleJack's dinner, then I forget all the gifts from the gift basket using a coupon I took from Principal Celestia, I locked myself and everyone else in the freezer, not to mention I turned up the heat too high and when I had the chance to get you all out, I didn't and just made myself look like an even bigger idiot than before!" Sonata poured out in frustration. "I blew my chance to prove to everyone that I could be a good friend. Now they have even more of a reason to hate me and they'll never accept my friendship! I'm the worst!"

Manic saw that tears were starting to form in Sonata eyes and it made him feel terrible. He placed his hands on her shoulder and she turned to him.

"Hey, look, I know you're feeling bad, but remember what I said in the freezer? Everyone has one of these days where they feel like a screw-up. It doesn't mean you're the worst. You make mistakes, so does everyone here." Manic said in a reassuring manner.

"Manic's right. I mean, Twilight and I once turned into demons and nearly destroyed the world, but look around. We've been accepted by the people around us because they've forgiven us for our mistakes. If we can get past that, so can you." Sunset added as Twilight gave Sonata a nod.

"It'll be fine. Trust me." Twilight said to her.

"I'll say. While this night was a disaster, we won't hold it against you, darling." Rarity added.

"And it's not like you meant to do it anyway. Accidents happen." Tails chimed in.

"We're not going to stop being your friend just because you've screwed up. Knuckles has done it a million time and I'm still his friend." Sonic said as Knuckles lowered his eyelids as this statement. "Just making a point."

"And Sonic annoys me to no end, but I still haven't smashed his face in." Knuckles shot back, as two exchanged cocky smiles.

"We like having you as a friend, Sonata." Fluttershy told her,

"You bet! You make this group even better!" Pinkie exclaimed. "You're as much fun as I am! If those meanies don't want to give you a chance, they're the ones on the losing end!"

"You betcha! Once I say you're ma friend, I mean it." AppleJack said.

"Don't even worry about those jerks. Before they mess with you, they have us to deal with." Rainbow Dash declared as she pointed to herself confidently.

"So, don't beat yourself up over this, ok?" Silver said.

"I've been around these people long enough to tolerate one more person." Shadow said, which was the closest thing to a nice thing he could have said.

Sonata looked around at all her friends and she couldn't believe that despite all she had done, they still accepted her. Manic gave her a thumbs up, which made her lose her melancholic look and she flashed a small smile.

"See?" Manic told her as Adagio came up to Sonata now.

"Sonata, we've been together for a long time now. I admit, sometimes I can be at my wit's end with you, but for the most part, you have made our time together quite entertaining." Adagio told her with a smirk, which made Sonata's eyes lit up.

"Adagio...awww." She said as she hugged her fellow siren.

"Don't get used to this." Adagio told her as Sonata let her go.

All that was left now was Aria, as all eyes were on her now. She crossed her arms in a huff and it was silent for a while

"Come on. If Shadow can do it, you can too." Spike urged.

Aria finally sighed as she walked up to Sonata and came face to face with her.

"Sonata...I'll be honest, most of the time, you're just a clueless airhead who just causes trouble for us." Aria started to say as everyone gave her looks of disapproval and Sonata rubbed her arm due to Aria's words.

"You know, compliments don't sound like that." Rainbow Dash said.

"Back off, Rainbow freak. Let me finish." Aria told her as Sonic held Rainbow back from hurting Aria.

"But..." Aria continued. "There are times when I enjoy your company and I'll admit, at least you're trying to be better." Hearing this made everyone else turn to each with surprised looks as Sonata's face lit up.

"Aria, that's the nicest thing you've ever said." She responded as Aria sighed once more.

"Sonata, I'm not good at this stuff, but I want to say that I'm sorry for the way I've been treating for a while. The thing is, the reason I act this way is because I'm just still angry, ok? I'm angry that we've lost our powers and are now, 'normal.' I'm still getting used to this body and all the changes and new emotions that come with it and I guess I didn't know how to deal with it." Aria admitted. "I gotta say, I really admire how you've managed to handle all of this, I really do. In that case, I wish I could be more like you."

Everyone else couldn't believe that Aria of all people had just said that as Sonata stood there, touched at the fact that this was now the nicest thing Aria had ever said to her.

"Aria.....come here!" She said as she gave her a big hug and Aria rolled her eyes.

"Like Adagio said, don't get used to it." She mumbled.

Somehow, Pinkie came in between the two of them, startling Aria as she jumped back a bit. Pinkie put her arm around Sonata and faced Aria and Adagio.

"So....are you and Adagio ready now to become our friends?" Pinkie asked eagerly as the two sirens looked back at the rest of the group before back at each other.

"This was a one-time thing....we'll see." Adagio just said as Aria folded her arms and nodded in agreement.

"I'm taking that as a yes!" Sonic said as he gave Adagio a wink.

"Don't get your hopes up, Blue." She told him. Hearing her call him 'Blue' pleased Sonic.

"Excuse me?" The group heard Principal Celestia's voice say and they turned around to see both her and Luna.

"How are you all holding up after that whole incident?" Celestia asked them.

"A little dazed, but we'll be fine." Sunset responded.

"Oh, well, that's good to hear." Celestia answered as she and Luna stood there for a while with awkward silence.

"So.....is there anything else you'd like to say?" AppleJack asked them after a while.

"Yes, there is. We were hoping to speak to Sonata." Luna said as the two sisters saw Sonata, who was looking a little uneasy.

"Look, there's no need to chew her out anymore, she learned her lesson, all right?" Manic quickly stated.

"Actually, we'd both like to apologize." Celestia said with a guilty look as Sonata's ears perked up at that statement. She was approached by Celestia.

"Sonata...I'd like to apologize for what happened in the freezer. While I was upset over my missing coupon, it was no excuse for me to act the way I did. I shouldn't have ordered the mob on you. I truly am sorry. I had a very stressful day and sorry for taking it out on you." Celestia said with a look of shame.

"I'm sorry as well, Sonata. I shouldn't have overreacted. I should've been more open to giving you another chance." Luna added.

Sonata looked at the two of them, their faces filled with remorse as she smiled.

"It's ok. I should've asked first before taking your coupon in the first place." Sonata told them. "But we're all good." She continued as she hugged both sisters in a bone crushing hug as Celestia grinned and Luna looked a little uncomfortable. She then let them go.

"Anyway, that offer to CHS is still open if you'd ever like to take it." Luna said which made Sonata's grin widen

"You bet! Thanks so much! For realsies!"Sonata happily excited.

"Just remember, I'll be keeping an eye on you." Luna said in a stern tone just before she headed to the parking lot.

"Well, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your night. See you all on Monday." Celestia said as she went and followed her sister, leaving the group alone.

"So, what do we do now for dinner?" Shadow asked out loud.

"I thought you were planning on leaving." Aria questioned as she turned to him.

"I'm already out here anyway. You said yourself, I might as well just stick around." He answered as Aria made a little smile, glad to hear that. Fluttershy noticed her smile, but this time, she didn't say anything about it.

"We can just head back to ma place and order pizza or something." AppleJack suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Knuckles agreed as the entire group started to head back to AJ's house. Sonata grew a displeased look as she saw them head out.

"Awww, but I really wanted to eat my tacos!" Sonata complained as she was left alone for a while and began to think about the taste of tacos. She was lost in thought as she began to daydream as she closed her eyes and licked her lips.

"Sonata, are you coming?" She heard Manic say, which snapped her out of her trance.

"Yeah, wait up!" She said as she dashed to Manic. When she got there, she put her arms around his and leaned her head against his arm. Manic wasn't expecting that but he let it happen.

"(Ok, I definitely deserved this)" Manic thought as he let out a smile as he and Sonata followed the others.

Author's Note:

And that does it for my Freezer Burned story! I hope you all enjoyed reading it. I'd like to thank Sonicfan05 for giving me permission to do my take on his great story. Go check it out and his other ones as well if you have time. Anyway, thanks for reading and take care.

Comments ( 10 )

8388978
Oh trust me I did. I'm not just talking about Filthy here I'm also talking about him in EG in general. I'm actually fine with it a little since it proves that the humans in EG aren't just carbon copies of the ponies. It's the reason I like Sci Twi she isn't a carbon copy of pony Twilight she actually a little bit different from her. Though I do definitely like Filthy more as a pony than a human. Makes m wonder what happened with this Filthy to make him bad. Maybe something happened between him and Spoiled Rich.

Oh cool Celestia apologized. I did think she was a little too harsh siding with the angry mob.

And the moral of the story is if anyone wants to go out to eat you stay home and order pizza instead..... I approve of this moral.

2000 years later....

I really enjoy your stories. The conversations between both Team Sonic and the Rainbooms is so real and convincing, like that's how these characters would react to each other if these were real. You also do a great job of making each story seem like a Sonic X or a Sonic Boom episode (that's a compliment). Keep up the good work, and I look forward to your next chapters.

9229366
Hey, thanks man. I appreciate it. How much have you read so far?

9229582
I've read your Sonic and Equestria Girls short stories, and the Friendship Games story. I want to read the other ones, but before I do, I gotta ask, Is there like a timeline, or any preferred order of stories to this universe you've created?

9229664
Before FG is Journey into dreams, After FG, is LOE, then Fiendship, then Total Eclipse, then Main attraction, then Forces.

Did you read all of the short stories in Sonic and EQG by the way?
Also, how as FG?

9230027
I stopped around the Holiday Special, wanted to read FG before going any further with it. But I plan to continue afterwards.

"So this is where that chair was! Who in the right mind would put it here?!" She said in an annoyed tone as she removed the chair from the door, making it begin to close as she walked away. There was a loud slam and Filthy Rich's face sunk as he heard the noise and turned around to see that he was locked inside....again.

That's poetic justice if I've ever seen it.

Well that's a wrap :twilightsmile: compared to most of the other histories this was quite relaxing :ajsmug: well as relaxing as It can get while being trapped in a freezer like that episode of Kenan & Kel :twilightblush: also could you tell me the timeline of this series??? I am a little confused :applejackconfused:

Login or register to comment