• Published 7th Nov 2016
  • 1,529 Views, 28 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls in Freezer Burned - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 28
 1,529

Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Trixie had finally arrived at the table carrying plates with the group's order, much to their delight. She then began passing around their respective meals.

"It's about time! Now I can eat!" Sonic said as he rubbed his hands together and prepared to dig in. Before he could begin, Rarity gave him a look of disapproval, which he noticed.

"What?" He asked her with a hint of confusion in his voice.

"Sonic, where are your manners? It's common courtesy to wait for everyone to receive their meals before you eat." She explained making Sonic groan as threw his head back. He had enough of waiting for one night.

Trixie continued to pass around the food and when she handed the two Dazzlings their food, she formed a frown. Adagio and Aria stared at her with smug looks and turned to each other.

"Thank you for delivering our very expensive meals coming out of your paycheck." Adagio rubbed in, making Trixie's frown turn into an angry scowl.

"You two will pay for this." She threatened, which made Aria's grin grow larger.

"No, you will. Literally." She added and Trixie let out a rage filled sigh before she marched off in anger, leaving Adagio and Aria with victorious smiles.

"Why do you antagonize her like that?" Twilight asked the two of them after Trixie had left.

"Cuz it's fun." Aria replied.

"I don't think you understand this whole 'trying to be nice thing'." Rainbow Dash said, not impressed by their actions .

"I don't think I care." Aria dismissed.

"Ok, now that everyone has their food! Let's eat!" Sonic said before a fight could break between the two girls. He licked his lips and prepared to dig in once more as he picked up his fork and knife.

"Uhmmm....not everyone. Sonata's not here." Fluttershy brought up making Sonic groan once more and he rested his hand on his face.

"Now that you mention it, she's been gone for a long time actually. She didn't bail,did she?" Manic said with a hint of worry.

"I doubt it. Sonata would never leave when there are Tacos. She's probably playing around in the bathroom or something." Aria said. "Let's just eat anyway."

A smile broke out on Sonic's face but Rarity interjected.

"No. We wait for Sonata." She insisted, making Sonic lose his smile and he sighed.

"I'll go check up on her. I need to use the restroom anyway." Sunset offered as she rose up from her seat.

"I'm coming too!" Manic suddenly said as all eyes were now on him. I uh.....gotta go too. Yeah, that's it." He added as he joined Sunset. The two of them began to walk off towards the bathroom.

"Don't take too long!" Sonic called back as they left and he went back to waiting for his meal as he crossed his arms.

Manic and Sunset began to approach the hallway that led to the bathroom. They saw the arrow that pointed in the direction of it and began to follow it.

"Manic, let me go in first to check up on Sonata. If you did, it'd look kind of weird." Sunset suggested as they walked.

"Go ahead, I doubt she'll notice me anyway." Manic muttered under his breath but Sunset didn't hear.

The two of them began to hear small noises, which sounded like some talking. Sunset stopped in her tracks as her ears perked up and she put her hand in front of Manic.

"You hear that?" She asked and Manic nodded. They then began to follow the source...

"65 bottles of cider on the wall, 65 bottles of cider. Take one around pass it around, 65 bottles of cider on the wall." Sonata sang to herself as she laid down on the ground. "64 bottles of cider..."

As Sonata continued her song, she didn't notice that the door opened up. Manic and Sunset had entered the door and as the door slammed, it got Sonata's attention and she rose up to see the two of them. They were puzzled to see her and she smiled at them.

"Hi, Sunset! Hi, Maniac!" Sonata called.

Manic sighed heavily. "It's Manic." He said to her.

"Sonata, what are you doing in here?" Sunset asked her.

"I've been waiting around here for like ever for someone to show up! There's something off about this bathroom." Sonata complained as she rose up.

Manic and Sunset turned to each other with stumped expressions before looking back to Sonata.

"That's because you're not in a bathroom. This is a freezer." Manic explained, making Sonata confused.

"Huh? She said. She then paused for a moment and looked around the room. "Ohhhhh....that makes way more sense."

"Ok, now that we've found you, let's head back to the table. Our food is ready and I can tell Sonic is about to lose it from waiting so long." Sunset said as she turned to the door and reached for the handle. She realized something was off as she didn't feel a handle at all. Sunset moved her hands across the door trying to find one but didn't.

"There's no door handle." Sunset said softly but loud enough for Manic and Sonata to hear.

"What?" Manic asked as if he didn't here right.

"The handle for the door is gone! Why is it gone!?" Sunset said with a bit of panic in her face as she turned back to Manic and Sonata.

"Uhh.......maybe cuz its...broken." Sonata slowly explained with a blush in her cheeks. Hearing this made Sunset's face become full of dread as she now realized the situation they were in and Manic's eyes widened.

"No, no, no, no, no no! This can't be happening!" Sunset cried as she turned to the door and gripped her shoulders due to the cold. Manic came over and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"No need to panic. Remember, one of us here has superpowers." Manic told her.

"Really?! Sunset has superpowers?! Is it fire? I bet it's fire!" Sonata piped in and Manic's face sunk.

"It's me! I can move really fast! I did it on our first date!" Manic cried out to Sonata, making her snap her fingers.

"Oh yeah! You were moving like Sonic and Shadow. I remember you were kind of slow." Sonata said, making Manic give her a dejected look and he hung his head.

"Manic, please get us out of here." Sunset requested.

"Sure thing." Manic said glumly as he came in front of the door. "Ok, I'll just push it open with a tiny boost.

Manic stood in front of the door and tried to do a small boost. He expected his body to be surrounded by a green aura, but nothing happened. He was confused for a bit before he tried again but was met with the same result. Manic frowned and this time closed his eyes to concentrate. When he opened them again, he tried to move forward but still the same result, nothing.

"Manic? What's the hold up? I thought you said you could get us out of here." Sunset said to him.

"I'm trying! But....it's not working. I don't feel my speed." Manic said as his voice now was beginning to be filled with worry. That was the last thing Sunset wanted to hear at a time like this.

"Maybe your speed is broken." Sonata suggested, making Sunset and Manic give her a bewildered look .

"I don't know what's going on, but I can't boost. Which means.......HELP!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE GET US OF HERE! WE'RE STUCK IN THE FREEZER!!!! SOMEONE, ANYONE!!!!!!!" Manic began to shriek as he pounded against the door like a madman. He tried to tear the door open but it was no use. Sunset felt all her panic coming over her as she sank to the ground and wrapped around her knees with her arms.

"This is terrible......" Sunset said to herself as she buried her face into her hands as Manic continued to bash against the door with all his might.

"HEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Manic yelled before he began to whimper as he fell to his knees in front of the door.

Sonata looked on and felt terrible seeing the two of them in such a sorry state. She came to Sunset and sat down next to her.

"Look on the bright side, at least it's not lonely here anymore. Until someone saves us, we can have fun!" Sonata cheerfully said and Sunset looked at her, thinking she probably didn't realize how grave their situation was. Manic turned around with his back leaning against the door.

"I don't understand. How did this happen? We followed the arrow sign. It was supposed to lead us to the bathroom, not the freezer." Sunset said. "How did you even get here in the first place?"

Sonata put her hand on her chin and began to think about her trip to the bathroom.

"Hmmmmm....." She uttered out loud as she remembered what occurred as she went there. Suddenly her eyes lit up and she snapped her fingers.

"I know! When I was making my way, I bumped into these two guys. They looked pretty much the same except one had a mustache." Sonata said. Hearing this description made Manic rise from the ground.

"Wait a sec....you're talking about the Flim-Flam brothers!" He said. He then angrily pounded his fist into his hand. "Of course it was those con artist! What did they do now? Did they trick you into coming into the freezer? When I get out of here, those two....

"Oh, no, they didn't trick me. ˆ I crashed into the two of them and when I did the arrow fell off. I put it back in place when I got up. " Sonata finished, making Manic and Sunset both turn to each slowly with unsure looks. Sunset then began to speak.

"Sonata....did you check to see if you put the arrow back in the right direction?" Sunset asked her and Sonata perked up.

"Oh no........hmmmmm, that would have been a good idea actually!" Sonata said and Sunset groaned out loud as she began to massage her temples.

"Ok.....it's not too bad. Everyone makes mistakes. I mean sure it does sound it's like it's your fault for us being in here but...."Manic said before he began to chuckle nervously and he turned around, not finishing his sentence as he began to cradle back and forth.

"In that case, I'll try and call someone to break us out." Sunset said as she took out her phone and began to dial Sonic's number.

"Great idea! Wow, I was getting worried for a second." Manic said as he stopped rocking back and forth and faced Sunset and Sonata.

"That won't work. There's no signal in this place." Sonata suddenly said, making Manic and Sunset look with displeased faces.

"What? How do you know?" Sunset questioned.

"When I was in here, I tried to call Pinkie to tell her that I was in the worst bathroom ever, but it didn't work." Sonata explained.

Manic and Sunset both turned to Sunset's phone and they saw she was right. Her phone had no bars. Sunset defeatedly placed it back in her pocket and Manic went back to rocking back and forth, trying to keep it together.

"I guess we'll just have to wait for someone to come rescue us." Sunset said with a sigh. "I mean, our friends will notice sooner or later that we've been gone for too long."

"If Sonic hears that I couldn't get out of a freezer, I'll never hear the end of it." Manic complained. " I hope he doesn't save us."

The three of them began to grip their shoulders due to how cold it was and stayed in their positions. Suddenly, they heard the sound of the door opening and they turned around to see a girl's figure.

"Those stupid sirens think they get away with this? Trixie will show them that nobody crosses Trixie!" Trixie angrily said to herself as she entered the freezer. She saw the three of them and became confused. Manic's face beamed.

'Trixie!! Am I glad to see you!" Manic exclaimed.

"Trixie, don't close-" Sunset cried out before the door slammed behind her, and Sunset lowered her hand.

"-the door."

Trixie examined the three of them and when she saw Sonata, she frowned.

"What are you two and her doing in the freezer?" Trixie asked.

"It's a funny story really, Sonata here might have sort of accidentally switched the arrow sign to the bathroom and cause it to lead to this place." Manic awkwardly explained as he rubbed the back of his head and Trixie glared at Sonata even more.

"I knew you sirens were still trouble." Trixie said with a groan, making Sonata protest.

"It wasn't my fault!" Sonata said. She then thought about the situation again. "OK.....so maybe it was, but I didn't do it on purpose!"

"Whatever. Just get out of here before you-" Trixie started to say as she reached for the door handle. She didn't find it and she began to move her hands around, looking for the handle.

"Where's the handle?!" Trixie almost yelled as she frantically began to search for it.

"It's broken. Sonata took it off trying to get out of here." Sunset explained, making Trixie's face begin to fill with horror.

"No, this can't be happening to Trixie!" Trixie screamed as she began to pound against the door. "SOMEONE GET TRIXIE OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Trixie turned around to Manic and she grabbed his shoulders tightly.

"You! Use your powers or whatever to get Trixie out of here!" She demanded as Manic felt her nails digging into his shoulders.

"You don't think I've already tried that?" Manic responded and Trixie let him go and backed away as she began to hyperventilate.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Trixie screamed as she fell to her knees. Seeing her like this made Sonata feel bad for her and she came next to her.

"It's not so bad. Someone will come rescue save us. And look on the bright side, you're not here alone. You have us." Sonata said happily, making Trixie turn to her and shoot daggers.

"Are you kidding me!?! Trixie would rather alone here than spend time in here with you!" She screamed, making Sonata wince as she backed up from Trixie.

"Hey, at least Sonata's trying to be nice. Give her a break." Manic said as he came nex to Sonata.

"Being nice isn't going to get us out of this place! She's the reason we're in here!" Trixie shouted.

"Hey, let's not play the blame game." Manic calmly replied.

"Blame game? That sounds great! We should play a game to pass the time!" Sonata cheerfully said. Trixie looked as if she wanted to strangle Sonata for her cluelessness.

"Trixie. Getting angry isn't going to do anything. We need to save our mental energy." Sunset told her.

"Save Trixie your wisdom! Trixie wants out of here!" Trixie whined like a child.

"At least it can't get any worse than this." Manic said, trying to be hopeful.

The door opened up again and the 4 of them turned to see Pinkie Pie standing in front. When she saw them again, she placed her hands on her hips.

"So this is where you guys are! What's the hold up with making us wait at the table?" Pinkie asked.

"Pinkie, behind you..." Sunset started to say, though when Pinkie finally turned around, it was too late as the door slammed, making everyone save for Sonata groan once more. Trixie turned to Manic with an irritated look.

"Why did you say that?" She asked and Manic put his hand on his head.

"Pinkie, am I glad to see you!" Sonata said as she came close to her friend and the two of them jumped up and down in excitement. As they did, Pinkie suddenly came to a halt and she looked around the freezer.

"Hey, what's with this bathroom?" Pinkie said and she began to scratch her head.

"We're not in a bathroom! It's a freezer!" Trixie told her and Pinkie put her hand on her chin as she continued to exam the room.

"Oh, well that makes more sense!" She finally said. "Why are you guys in here? You're not having some kind of party are you?" She added as she came up in Manic's face with a suspicious look.

"Yes, we've decided to lock ourselves in a freezer even though we have meals outside waiting for us." He sarcastically answered.

"You did? I thought you were in here because I switched the signs." Sonata said confused. Trixie looked as if she wanted to rip her face off and she leaned against the wall.

"Never mind." Manic said . "Sunset, explain."

"Basically, the arrow sign for the bathroom got switched and we're stuck in here." Sunset informed Pinkie.

"Really?! Well, until someone rescues us, I guess we're going to have to chill out." Pinkie said, making everyone groan even louder except for Sonata who gave her a smile.

"No puns." Manic complained.

"Really? At a time like this?!" Trixie shouted

"That sounds great!" Sonata said to Pinkie. "We could play some games. Manic here mentioned something called the blame game."

"Is that so?" Pinkie said and she turned to Manic. "How do we play?"

Manic's response was to walk over to a wall and he began to half heartedly hit his head against it. Pinkie and Sonata began to look at him strangely.

"What kind of game is that?" Sonata asked Pinkie, who just shrugged.

"Unbelievable. We could freeze to death and all you're talking about is games." Trixie said with disbelief.

The sound of the door creaking was heard and everyone's eyes turned to see Lyra Heartstrings standing in front. She wasn't expecting to see so many people in the 'bathroom'.

"Uh, this is the bathroom right?" Lyra asked.

"Nope, it's the freezer!" Pinkie informed her.

"Lyra, the do-" Sunset tried to tell her but it was too late as the door slammed shut and Sunset sighed in defeat and Trixie sounded as if she was about to cry.

"What's going on?" Lyra asked confused as she scanned the room. She then turned and her eyes landed on Manic. When he saw her, Manic's eyes widened and Lyra formed a very icy glare.

"Oh, boy..." Manic said as he sunk to the floor and knew what he was in for. She was the last person he wanted to be trapped in a place with.

"Manic." Lyra said. Her voice was as icy as the room itself. "Why do you of all people have to be here?"

"Look, I've said I was sorry about a million times." Manic protested.

"Sorry doesn't cut what you did to me!" She said with a huff as she turned away from him.

"Ah, come on! It was last year!" Manic called out but Lyra refused to listen.

Sonata then turned to Pinkie with a confused look as she was observing Manic and Lyra.

"What's with those two?" She asked.

"They used to date." Pinkie explained.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.......I still don't get it." Sonata said.

Sunset looked around to see all the new inhabitants of the freezer. Pinkie was next to a confused Sonata, Trixie had her head in her knees while Manic was trying to talk to a very upset Lyra, who was ignoring him. She shivered as she felt the coolness of the freezer again,

"How did things end up like this?" Sunset said to herself, trying to keep warm as she gripped her shoulders.

Author's Note:

Wow, looks like things have gone from bad to worse?! What do you think is up with that freezer anyway if Manic can't bust them out? Find out in the next chapter! Thanks for reading and enjoy.