• Published 7th Nov 2016
  • 1,529 Views, 28 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls in Freezer Burned - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 28
 1,529

Chapter 4

Despite Rarity insistence that everyone be present before they start eating, Sonic and the others had decided that their food was getting cold and started to dig into their meal. Sonic was relieved that he didn't have to wait anymore for his meal and began to rapidly eat his meal, much to Rarity's disgust. He finished his food in no time and laid back in his seat after he finished his drink just as quickly.

"Ah man, that hit the spot!" Sonic said as he put his drink down on the table.

"I think you just broke a new record for the fastest meal you've ever had." Tails replied.

"Maybe. That was great! I think I'll ask for another drink." Sonic said as he rose up. He then began to scan the restaurant looking for Trixie. As he did, Sonic saw that some of the tables were empty and that the band hadn't performed in a while. In fact, there were only a few waiters around, less than before. It was the same for customers as well.

"Come to think of it, does anyone else think it's weird that we haven't seen Trixie in a while?" Sonic began as he rubbed his chin.

"I think you're on to something. Not to mention the fact that Sonata, Manic, Sunset and now Pinkie haven't come back in a while. I thought they were just going to the bathroom." Rainbow Dash added.

"They're not in any trouble, are they?" Fluttershy wondered.

"How could they be in trouble?! This is a restaurant. What's dangerous here?" Aria said with slight irritation at Fluttershy's question, making her shrink back a bit due to her aggression.

"Well, something weird is going on." Sonic said as he got out of his seat. "And I'm going to find out. Come on, Silver." He added as he suddenly grabbed a surprised Silver out of his chair.

"Why me? I'm not done eating." Silver protested as Sonic was dragging him along.

"Come on man, when was the last time we hung out?"Sonic explained as he headed in the bathrooms direction while still taking Silver with him.

"Do hurry back." Rarity called as the two of them headed out.

Back in the freezer, Sunset was gripping herself in order to stay warm, but at this point, it was almost impossible. She couldn't stop herself from shivering. It must have been negative degrees celsius in there. As she looked around, she saw that Manic had given up on trying to explain himself to Lyra, who was huddled against the wall and shaking due to the cold. Manic had offered his vest but she refused. She really didn't like him. Sunset sat down next to Sonata and Pinkie, who were as cold as she was and for once, she didn't' see Pinkie with her trademark smile on her face as her teeth were chattering. Trixie was busy glaring at Derpy hooves, who sitting a corner , surrounded by the musical band save for Flash. They all were suffering from the cold.

"What part of keep the door open, did you not understand?!" Trixie said through grit teeth.

"I'm sorry. I was just so distracted that I could see my own breath. It's not something you see every day." Derpy defended. Trixie looked like she wanted to tear into her but she was too cold to move a muscle.

Sunset turned and saw the other new arrivals into the Freezer. Some were students from Canterlot High while others were town residents and waiters and waitresses from the restaurants, all with embittered looks due to the freezing room.

"Manic, any ideas on why you're speed isn't working?" Sunset suddenly asked.

"I got nothing. It can't be due to the cold because I've been in like snow mountains before. I just don't get it." Manic answered with a glum tone and a heavy sigh.

"The one time I don't bring my party cannon with me, I get stuck in a freezer. I sure learned my lesson. Never leave home without your cannon." Pinkie commented. which made Sunset turn to her, bewildered at how she could still have that on her mind.

"We're going to freeze! This is the worst day ever! And I don't even get to freeze with my best friend, it's with you!"Lyra sobbed as she pointed to Manic, who frowned.

"Is the cold affecting your heart too?" He mumbled.

"What was that?!" Lyra asked with an almost angry tone.

"Oh, nothing!" Manic quickly defended. She was mad enough at him.

Sonata looked around and she saw all the faces of the people stuck in here. She was starting to feel terrible as it was her fault they were in the freezer in the first place. She then decided that she should be the one to get them out as she began to rise from the ground.

"Everyone, listen!" She yelled, making all eyes turn on her.

"I'm going to get us out of here!" Sonata announced.

"How?! The door is totally locked! There's no way we can get out!" Trixie cried.

"That's where you're wrong! I have just the trick!" Sonata replied. She walked over to the door and then stood in front of it as took a long breath.

"Open Sesame!" She yelled as she stuck her hands out towards the door. Everyone looked at Sonata in complete disbelief at what she had done and Sunset and Manic slowly exchanged looks. Sonata looked down at her hands and then at the door, slightly disappointed.

"That's weird. I saw this in a show once." She muttered to herself, stumped.

"THAT WAS YOUR IDEA TO GET US OUT!?!?!" Trixie screamed in rage.

"I thought it could work!" Sonata defended as she turned around before she went back to facing the door. Suddenly, she was joined by Pinkie who walked towards her and examined her and the door.

"Hmmmmm, maybe it didn't work because only you're doing it. I'll help you out!" Pinkie cheerfully said, making Sonata beam and the crowd even more stupefied at the words of these two girls.

"Pinkie that's not going to wo-" Sunset started to say before she was cut off by the two girls chanting the phrase.

"Open Sesame!" They both called out in unison with their hands stuck out.

Before anyone could respond to their attempt, the door suddenly burst open.

"For the last time Sonic, I can't tell you anything about the future. It could mess up time." Silver was saying as he and Sonic entered the room.

"Oh come on. I'm not asking you for anything revol-" Sonic said before he turned and saw a large amount of people in the freezer.

" Behind-" Sunset started to say before the door slammed shut just as Sonic and Silver turned around. Loud groans were heard from the still trapped residents of the freezer, making Sonic scratch his head.

"Uh, what are all you guys doing in the freezer? " Sonic asked.

"Just chilling out." Pinkie said with a giggle, making her the receiving end of many moans from the crowd.

"Now's really not the time," Manic said under his breath.

"Come to think of it, how did we get here? I thought we were going to the bathroom." Silver said as he turned to Sonic, who shrugged.

"Sonata accidentally switched around the arrow sign for the bathroom." Sunset informed, making Sonata blush a little as Sonic and Silver turned to her.

"What's been taking you guys so long to get out?" Sonic questioned.

"She also broke the door handle!" Trixie said accusingly said to Sonata, making her cheeks turn even pinker.

"Hmmm," Sonic said as he examined around the room and his eyes landed on Manic, much to his dismay as he sighed out loud.

"Ok, but why didn't Manic here just bust you out?" Sonic asked. "Can't you break down a small door?"

"Listen, I-" Manic tried to explain before Sonic interrupted him.

"Oh no, the door. However, can I get past it and its doorness." Sonic teased, making Manic fume slightly.

"You're losing your touch bro." Sonic said as he poked Manic in his ribs, making him grumble even more.

"Actually Sonic.." Sunset began to explain, before Manic formed a small grin under his mouth and cut her off.

"Ok then Sonic, since it's so easy, get us out of here." Manic offered, making Sonic scoff.

"Are you kidding me? I'll have that door down in seconds! Watch and learn, bro!" Sonic cockily said as he began to march towards the door. Sunset then came next to Manic and whispered to him.

"What are you doing?"

"Believe me, it's the only way he'll understand."

Sonic came in front of the door and after doing a few stretches, he got in a stance as if he was going to burst forward.

"Don't see why you couldn't just take down a tiny door." Sonic said. "I'll never let you hear the end of it. Ok, then, I'll hold back a bit, don't wanna have to buy this place a new door."

Sonic then expected himself to move slightly forward in a small blue aura, but nothing happened. He continued to wait for a few more seconds, but still nothing. Sonic then frowned as he became puzzled and started to look around as he tapped his foot up and down. He didn't understand why he wasn't moving with his speed. Silver watched on, just as confused as Sonic while Manic observed with a smug grin.

"Ok, this is new, what gives?" Sonic said impatiently. He closed his eyes and tried to concentrate hard, but still, he didn't move an inch at all.

"What's the holdup? I thought you were going to get us out of here, Sonic? Since it's so easy." Manic said in a mocking tone, making Sonic give him a slight glare.

"I-I don't get it! Why can't I feel my speed?!" Sonic cried out as he stood up and began to examine himself to see if there was anything wrong with him, but he looked fine.

"Are your powers broken too?" Sonata asked, making Sonic turn to her quizzically/

"What are you talking about?" He said as Sunset came to him.

"Sonic, for some reason, yours and Manic's abilities don't seem to work in this freezer." She informed him, draining the color from his face.

"What?! Why didn't you tell me before I just stood there for like a full minute like an idi-" Sonic began before he looked back and saw Manic slightly chuckling, making Sonic glower at him before he realized how grave the situation was.

"Wait, so you're telling me....we're actually stuck in this freezer?!"He cried.

"Yep!" Pinkie called back, making Sonic turn to the door and back to the crowd quickly before he sank to the ground.

"No, way! Way past uncool!" He complained.

"Actually in here,it's way past cool!" Pinkie quipped, making everyone groan at her pun again.

"Please, no more puns! There's only so much Trixie can take!" Trixie pleaded.

"Don't freak out yet. Just because speed doesn't work in here, doesn't mean that my powers don't." Silver suggested as he approached the door. He stuck his hand out and focused. What he was expecting was a green glow to surround his hand and then the same to happen to the door, but nothing appeared. Silver squinted his eyes and began to concentrate even more, but the result was the same. He then lowered his hand and turned back to the crowd with a dismayed look.

"Ok, now you can freak out." He said, sinking everyone's hopes as he began to clutch himself for warmth.

"So what are we supposed to do then?!" Sonic asked.

Sunset sighed an icy breath. "We're just going to have to wait for someone to come save us."

Hearing the word wait made Sonic's eyes widen. He had waited at AppleJack's house for the casserole. He had waited in the restaurant for his food to arrive. He had waited to eat so everyone could be there. And now he had to wait again in order to prevent freezing to death.

"NOOOOOOO!" He yelled out. "No more waiting! What's wrong with this freezer!"

Sonata then turned to Pinkie as she observed Sonic's frustration.

"He really hates waiting."

Back at the table, AppleJack and the others had been waiting for almost 10 minutes since Sonic and Silver had left. Rainbow Dash began to tap her fingers against the table rapidly as she looked around for them to come back while Tails put his finger to his chin.

"Ok, something's wrong for sure. When Sonic says he'll be back fast, he means it." Tails finally said.

"What in tarnation is goin' on? They're just headin' to the bathroom, not havin' some kind of party!" AppleJack wondered out loud.

"I wonder how Sonata messed up this time." Aria said out loud in an annoyed tone.

"Um...how can you be sure it's her fault?" Twilight asked her, making Aria give her a frown, and she shrank back a little.

"Believe me, I've known Sonata long enough to figure out when she's screwed things up." Aria dryly said as she crossed her arms.

"Why don't you cut Sonata some slack? You've been harsh on her the entire night." Rainbow Dash called out.

"Why don't you mind your own business?" Aria shot back and the two girls shot warning glances at each other. Immediately after, Shadow rose up from his seat, making all eyes on him.

"All right, enough is enough. I've wasted enough time in this place. I'm going to find the others to put an end to this ridiculous charade and then I'm out of here." He declared as he began to march to the bathroom, making Aria look slightly dismayed.

"Wait!" She yelled, making Shadow turn back to her and everyone else's eyes were on her now. She felt a hint of pink in her cheeks and tried to be cool as she crossed her arms.

"Uh...I'll come along with you. The two of us can find them faster." She suggested as she got out of her seat to join him.

"That's a good idea. I'll join you two." Adagio said as she began to stand up. Aria turned back to her and she didn't look too happy.

"No, that's ok. I'm sure just the two of us will be enough." Aria insisted.

"What are you on about? You'll find them faster with more people." Adagio brought up and Aria began to grumble a bit.

"If I'm with you, we'll find them in no time. I'll tag along." Rainbow Dash offered as she got out of her seat, making Aria look even more agitated. She fumed slightly.

"Anyone else wants to come along?!" She sarcastically said out loud.

"Oh, I do. I'm bored of just sitting around and besides, I think Sonic's gotten himself into an embarrassing situation and I need to see it." Knuckles said as he joined Rainbow Dash. Aria facepalmed and slightly groaned in disappointment. She was hoping to 'search' with just Shadow.

"Since when did this turn into a little field trip."Shadow said under his breath as he started to walk ahead in front of others.

Back in the freezer, everyone was still waiting for help to arrive, much to Sonic's dismay. He was lying on the ground and tapping his foot up and down rapidly and was extremely agitated.

"This doesn't make any sense! Why doesn't my speed work in here?! It can't be because of the cold since I've been in colder places than dump!" Sonic yelled in frustration. "I've had enough of waiting!"

"Sonic, you haven't been in here for even 15 minutes." Sunset informed him, making him turn to her in a bewildered fashion.

"What?! You're kidding! We need to get out now! There has to be a way." Sonic said as he marched up and started to study the door.

"Give it a rest Sonic, you're just wasting your energy." Silver said. "You should focus on staying warm until help comes."

Sonic grumbled but he knew that Silver was right and he started to come back to his seat. Just as he did, he heard the door open, making him and everyone turns to it to see Shadow, Knuckles, Rainbow Dash and the two Dazzlings enter the room.

"Ha, told you I'd make this go by faster." Rainbow Dash boasted.

"Don't close the doo-" Sonic and Sunset both cried out before they heard a loud slam come behind the newcomers, causing everyone to moan as Sonic hung his head. Shadow and the others were confused.

"Uh, what's going on? This doesn't look like the bathroom." Knuckles said in a perplexed tone.

"It's a freezer. By the way, welcome to the 'being trapped in the freezer party.'" Manic sarcastically informed them.

"Hey, coming up with parties is my schtick!" Pinkie said. "But that's a great name for a party, I think I'll use it!"

"What?! The arrow signs said this was the bathroom!" Rainbow exclaimed as her voice began to fill with panic.

"They did....but they got switched around....by someone." Sunset said as she not so subtly glanced back to Sonata, who waved back to Sunset. Aria and Adagio both put two and two together, making Adagio roll her eyes. Aria came to Rainbow Dash and whispered in her ear.

"Told you." She said and Rainbow sunk her shoulders.

"And that someone also broke the door handle." Silver added dryly, making Sonata on the receiving end of many glares, to which she didn't notice at first but eventually she did.

"What's everyone looking at me for? Is there something on my face? Anyone have a mirror." She asked as her hands began to cover her face. Adagio just hung her head in disbelief while Aria sighed out loud.

Knuckles looked down at Sonic and he gave him a frown.

"And you haven't used your speed to get out of her because...?" Knuckles asked, waiting for an explanation.

"It doesn't work in here, Knucklehead. None of our powers do. " Sonic said as he pointed to Manic and Silver in the back, making Knuckles' face sink.

"You have got be kidding me!" Knuckles nearly shouted. "Why?!"

"That's what we've been trying to figure out." Sunset replied.

"Though you can try hitting the door with that head of yours. You might gain a few brain cells." Sonic joked, making Knuckles give him a slight glare.

"Maybe I'll try using your head."

Shadow studied the situation he was now in for a while as he looked around the room before he finally spoke up as he came in front Sonic, Sunset, and Knuckles.

"Next time you ask me why I don't hang out with you people, this is my excuse." Shadow just said.

Suddenly Shadow felt Pinkies hand on his shoulder as she cheerfully appeared behind him.

"Look on the bright side, Shady! You can finally be in one of my parties! Even if it's not one of my usual ones." She happily said, making Shadow's face turn blank.

"I can't believe you." He groaned.

"Oooh, if we're going to have a party, we need music!" Sonata suddenly said as she appeared behind the musicians in the room. She began to sway her head left and right and started humming as she was met with looks of just plain astonishment by everyone except Pinkie.

Trixie was glaring intensely at Sonata and looked as if she was about to burst. As Trixie was about to open her mouth, the door swung open again.

"I told you that you shouldn't have ordered so many drinks." Luna's voice was saying as she and her sister entered the room.

"I couldn't resist. I just love Cherry-mixed ciders. Though it is odd to put the bathroom so far in the back." Celestia answered.

"Don't close the-" Rainbow Dash warned before the two sisters turned around to see the door slam behind them. They then heard moans come from the rest of the room and they looked on, very confused.

"Kids? What's going?" Celestia asked.