• Published 7th Nov 2016
  • 1,530 Views, 28 Comments

Sonic and Equestria Girls in Freezer Burned - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 28
 1,530

Chapter 1

It was a Friday evening and AppleJack was in the kitchen of her home, donning an apron as she was sprinkling the finishing touches to her casserole. AppleJack was free to use the kitchen since the rest of her family had gone out and she had decided to prepare dinner for the friends she had invited over, who were waiting in the living room as she got ready.

She had invited her closest friends, the Rainbooms consisting of Sunset Shimmer, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and her dog, Spike. She had also invited her other close friends, which were Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Silver, Manic and even Shadow. How Sonic had managed to convince Shadow to come was a mystery, seeing as he didn't like the idea of being part of Sonic's 'little group.' Alongside her friends, AppleJack had two 'guest.' The identity of these two was Adagio Dazzle and Aria Blaze, two banished sirens from Equestria who were part of a group called the Dazzlings. They had tried to take over the world twice so far using their voices but were stopped by Sonic and the Rainbooms and were now just ordinary girls.

It was a good question of to why two of her enemies were in AppleJack's own house. The answer to that was because of the third of the Dazzlings, Sonata Dusk. After their second attempt had gone south, the Dazzlings had tried to keep a low profile in Canterlot. However, Sonata hated being cooped up and had decided to start exploring the city from time to time. During one of her outings, she ran into Pinkie Pie as they both happened to share a mutual love of tacos. Pinkie, being as kind a she was, hit it off with Sonata and they ended up as friends, especially after she had shown some guilt over what she had done. Soon enough, Pinkie decided to share her friendship with Sonata to the others and ask them to give her a chance. Sonic and the rest were reluctant to trust Sonata so quickly but with Sunset realizing that she had been in the same position and Manic just as quick as Pinkie to forgive her, they decided to open up to her. Sonata ended up being sincere about changing and the group slowly warmed up to her, except for Shadow of course.

AppleJack had suggested they invite Sonata over in order to officially welcome her into the group, which Sonata happily agreed to. However, she made things....complicated when she had asked if she could bring Adagio and Aria along with her. It was a tough decision as unlike Sonata, those two hadn't shown any signs of reforming and still seemed quite hostile. Sonata swore up and down that Adagio and Aria would be on their best behavior and pointed out that if they had given her a chance, her fellow sirens deserved one too. It took a while, but the group was able to come to the decision to let the two sirens come over.

Adagio and Aria had arrived without Sonata not too long ago and now were waiting alongside everyone else for AppleJack to finish and for Sonata to arrive. During the wait, no one had uttered a single word for what seemed like forever. It was really awkward having two groups of enemies in the same room and it was so silent, one could hear a pin drop. After a while, Twilight decided to speak up.

"So.......you two must be the Sirens I've heard so much about.." Twilight began, making Aria turn to her with a frown. Twilight was beginning to have second thoughts about opening her mouth.

"Your friends told you about us, right? Did they also tell how they ruined our lives and stripped away our magic?!" Aria snapped, causing Twilight shrink back a little in fright and Spike slightly growled at Aria. Rainbow Dash slightly rose out of her seat.

"Hey, back off! First of all, you two were asking for it! Second, if you don't like it here, we don't like you here, so you can just be on your way!" Rainbow Dash stated as she and Aria shot daggers at each other.

"Hey, let's take it easy everybody." Sonic said as he managed to get Rainbow Dash to sit down. "Now, Adagio and Aria are here because they want to start over, right?" He added as he gave Adagio the thumbs up with a grin. Sonic was met with a cold glance and he slowly lowered his thumb and his smile disappeared.

"Believe me, the last thing we want to do is play nice with you. We're only here because of Sonata-" Adagio started to explain before Pinkie formed a wide smile after hearing her say Sonata's name.

"Wow! You guys care about Sonata's feelings after all!" Pinkie interjected.

"-Wouldn't stop whining if we said no." Adagio finished, making Pinkie lose her eagerness.

"We don't care if Sonata's happy or not." Aria insisted.

"Sheesh, how does Sonata manage around these two?" Rainbow Dash whispered to Sunset, making her shrug. Aria heard what she said and gave Rainbow Dash a glare,

"I heard that! How does your band manage being around your crappy guitar playing skills?!" Aria taunted, making Rainbow turn to her with fury.

"That's it!" Rainbow Dash yelled before Sunset held her back.

"Ok, stop it! Sonic's right, we all just need to calm down. I know this isn't really comfortable for anyone, but we can at least be civil for the time being." Sunset brought up.

"I gotta side with Rainbow on this one. Not exactly keen on having dinner with someone who took over my brain." Knuckles said as he folded his arms.

"You can't take over what isn't there." Aria muttered loud enough for Knuckles to hear, catching his attention.

"What'd you say?" Knuckles said as he brought his fist up but now Rarity spoke.

"Let's all relax, darling. While Knuckles does have a point, if Sonata wants us to give them a chance, we should at least honor her request." Rarity brought up. "Everyone deserves a second chance."

"Only if they're looking for it! These two don't care at all! They haven't even apologized for trying to take over the world, twice!" Rainbow Dash pointed out.

"We can at least agree on something." Aria commented.

"You know, you two could at least try to make the effort. I mean, Sunset saved your lives last time if I recall." Tails reminded them, putting the two Sirens in a tough spot. It was true, they did sort of owe Sunset for that. Adagio let out a loud sigh while Aria just crossed her arms.

"Speaking of our last encounter, how's Scourge been?" Adagio asked. Hearing that name made Twilight wince a little and she rubbed her shoulder. Adagio became a little confused at Twilights reaction

"Was it something I said?" Adagio asked.

"Well, to keep it short, Scourge ended up going to some super-competitive school, manipulated Twilight and then got punched into who knows where by yours truly." Sonic quickly explained with a hint of proudness in his voice before he turned to Twilight. "So it's probably best we don't bring him up for the rest of the night."

"Ahhh, well he does a have way with the ladies." Adagio said as she rested her arms on the table.

Aria then turned and she noticed Shadow, who had been pretty quiet the whole time. He had his arms folded and was staring off into space.

"I thought you didn't like these sort of things." Aria said to him, making Shadow turn to her.

"I don't. Just as in your case, Manic here wouldn't stop begging me to come. If you think Sonata whining is annoying, try listening to his." Shadow responded.

"I can hear you." Manic called out.

"Anyway, I'm just stuck here for the night." Shadow continued.

"Oh...well that's cool." Aria said. She formed a small smile on her face, which Fluttershy noticed.

"Uhmmmm...are you smiling?" Fluttershy asked, making Aria perk up immediately.

"No! Why would I be smiling here of all places!" Aria yelled, making Fluttershy shyly shrink back and Aria receiving another venomous glare from Rainbow Dash.

"Anyway, where is Sonata? She's not going to miss tonight, is she?" Manic asked the Dazzlings.

"She said she wanted to go get something as a gift to celebrate our 'friendship'," Adagio said with air quotes. "She'll be a little late."

"Great! Now she can see what a great guy I am!" Manic said with hope, making Adagio roll her eyes.

"Ugh!" Aria said as she pretended to gag. "You're wasting your time. I doubt she'll even notice you're trying to impress her. Sonata's about as smart as a dog."

"Hey!" Spike protested from Twilights lap, slightly surprising Adagio and Aria.

"Did that dog just...talk." Adagio slowly asked Twilight, who nodded. "How?"

"Well, he fell into a magic portal..." Twilight started to say before this caught Adagio's attention.


"Magic?!" She said eagerly. "As in Equestrian?"

Before Twilight could respond, Sonic wagged his finger at Adagio while Sunset gave her a stern look.

"Remember, you're here for a normal dinner. No evil mind-controlling siren obsessed with magic." Sunset said, making Adagio pout as she tapped her fingers against the table.

"Thanks for reminding us." Aria grumbled.

"By the way, is our food ready?" Adagio asked

"Good question! I feel like I've been waiting for hours!" Sonic said.

"We haven't even been here for an hour." Tails informed him.

"Trust me, Sonic, it'll be worth the wait. AppleJack's apple casserole is like awesome!" Rainbow Dash insisted.

"I can vouch for that. While normally it's not my kind of meal, AppleJack's cooking is to die for!" Rarity agreed.

Just then, AppleJack emerged from the kitchen, wearing oven mitts as she held the pan of Apple Casserole, fresh from the oven as steam was coming from it.

"I hope y'all are hungry! Ah'm proud to present my one of kind Apple Casserole!" AppleJack proudly declared as she was met with smiles from her guest except for the two Dazzlings and Shadow.

"Sweet! Let's dig in!" Knuckles exclaimed.

As AppleJack approached the table, she came in front of the door. Before she took another step, the door suddenly burst open, startling AppleJack as she lost her grip and tray landed on the floor, making everyone groan at the loss of their meal.

"Hi, everyone!" Sonata happily exclaimed. "Hope I'm not too late!"

Sonata looked around noticed all the disappointed faces. She was confused at why everyone was like that.

"What's wrong?"

Pinkie pointed and Sonata looked to see the fallen casserole on the floor. She then put two and two together and realized her mistake.

"Oh.....oops." She said softly as Aria gave her a glare while Adagio face palmed.

"Aw man! And I was so ready to eat some casserole!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she slumped in her seat and everyone else murmured in disappointment.

"Don't feel too bad!" Sonata suddenly said. "I got us a gift!"

Sonata then presented a gift basket on the table. There was one problem. It was empty. Everyone started at the basket in a confused manner for a while.

"Uh......there's nothing in it." Silver finally said.

"Is there some kind of invisible trick to it!" Pinkie asked as she took the gift- basket and shook it upside down.

"Well, when I went out, I ended up buying a lot of stuff to make this special. When I was walking, my arm started getting heavy, so I decided to remove some things to make it lighter. Eventually, it got so light, carrying it here was a breeze." Sonata explained.

Sonata was met with looks of disbelief at her actions. Aria put her head on the table and sighed loudly.

"So...you ended up removing everything?" Sunset slowly asked.

"Yeah!" Sonata said. Shen then thought for a moment and realized she had made another mistake as she blushed a little and looked at the ground. "Oh........double oops."

"No worries! Who cares about some dumb casserole anyway, No offence, AJ" Manic said, making AppleJack give him a slight glare but she didn't say anything. He then dashed up to Sonata.

"In fact, its Sonata a problem!" Manic quipped, causing Sonata to stare at him blankly while he received loud groans from the Dazzlings and his friends.

"Dude, that's worse than any of my puns." Sonic complained

"What was ?" Sonata asked, now confused, making Manic a little disappointed that she didn't get his joke.

"So, I guess we're eating out then?" Fluttershy suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Silver agreed as he and everyone else started to rise out of their seats.

"Not me. I'm out of here."Shadow said as he began to head towards the door. Hearing this made Aria react quickly.

"Wait!" She suddenly called out loud, making him turn to her and everyone else's eyes landed on her. Aria realized her outburst and folded her arms, trying to keep her cool personality. "I mean...don't be rude. If you came out here, you might as well stick with us."

"Yeah, Shady! It'll be fun!" Pinkie said as she put her arm around Sonata cheerfully. Shadow sighed. He knew that if he said no, Pinkie or someone else would beg him to stay and he didn't need that. He folded his arms.

"Hmph."

Pinkie noticed that Sonata seemed a little ashamed of her actions still and her arm grew tighter around her.

"Cheer up! It's Sonata problem that we have to go out to eat!" Pinkie told her. Hearing this made Sonata form a smile on her face before she began to laugh at Pinkie's joke.

"Hahahaha! I get it! You used my name to make that joke! Pinkie, you are sooooo funny! For realizes!" Sonata said as Pinkie proudly placed her hands on her hips. Manic looked on and he placed his hands in his pockets.

"That's the exact same joke I said." He grumbled to himself.

A chewing sound was heard from the floor and everyone turned to see Spike eating the casserole remains off the floor. He was met with disgusted looks as everyone recoiled and Twilight put her hands to her mouth. AppleJack looked horrified to see her casserole treated in such a manner.

"Spike!" Twilight scolded. "That's gross!"

"What?! You can't let good food go to waste." He said before Twilight scooped him up away from the mess.

"Ok, now that casserole is officially off the menu, where to?" Sonic asked.