• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 4,681 Views, 2,081 Comments

Appledashery Vol. Two - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash and Applejack have a long, joyous, arduous relationship.

  • ...
26
 2,081
 4,681

PreviousChapters Next
Grit

Applejack lay on the porch to her farmhouse.

A cold breeze wafted over the land. Every tree shook, sending a quiet percussion of leaves into the air. The entire country was alive; it was always alive.

Applejack sat like a dead stone. Just like the other two rocks that remained gray and lifeless, despite her best efforts.

She closed her eyes, fighting tears.

When they reopened... she was frowning.

The teenager stood up, muscles tight and determined.

She turned around and trotted briskly into the nearest barn.


Applejack kicked a latch open, exposing three whole wagons parked within the structure.

Biting onto a rope, she loosened a series of tools clinging to the vehicles' side, kicked them aside, then hitched herself to the cart.

Grunting, she flexed her tiny teenage legs, pulling the first of the wagons out.


Outside, the wagons stood next to one another, facing the unbucked fields of Sweet Apple Acres.

Thunk! Applejack slapped a large canister of water down beside a dirt path.

She stared out at the trees and trees still full of bright red flouncing fruit.

Exhaling, she pulled a bandanna from a nearby crate, wrapped it around her neck, and set forth into the brightly-lit fields... dragging multiple buckets.

PreviousChapters Next