• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 447 Views, 6 Comments

BIT. TRIP EQUESTRIA - AlucardTheShadow



Many unique creatures have come to many different lands, but what happens when a pixelated sprinter from an 8-bit world finds himself in a world inhabited by ponies?

  • ...
 6
 447

Chapter 4: Curiosity Fluttered the Shy

Commander Video turned and spun his head around to see whoever it was that had just called out to him, but all he saw was the path he had just run down minutes ago, save for a few animals on each side still eyeing him.

"Umm... Down here." The whisper spoke again, Commander gazed downwards to see another pony looking back up at him, with a look of slight intimidation. The equine was coated in bright yellow fur with a light pink mane slightly curled with one end hanging beside it's right eye and appeared to have a mark that resemble 3 pink butterflies on it's flanks, the major difference though was that it appeared to have wings with the same colour as the fur and judging from the eyelashes and the voice, this one was a female. The two were in a silent staring contest which seemed to last for a minute until Commander inched forward a little, making the yellow pony flinch and emit a nervous squeak.

"I-I'm Fluttershy, what's your name?" The winged equine asked, a little louder than the whispers. Her tone and voice was quiet and shy, akin to her name.

"The name's Commander Video." The biped retorted, hands on his hips.

"I'm a rhythmic alien who likes to run in a variety of environments as a challenge! Whenever I hear music, I just have to dash!" He continued, pride growing as he spoke. Fluttershy put a hoof to her chin and observed the rectangular creature, taking his words to heart.

"So when you hear music, you run?" Fluttershy questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

"I don't just run, I jump, I kick and I block my way through anything that gets in my way when on a run!" Commander answered confidently.

"So... You're not from here?" Fluttershy responded, focusing on Commander's ability to stand on two legs along with his personal introduction as a 'Rhythmic Alien'.

"Yep!" Video simply answered before giving a question of his own.

"Hey, I've been seeing ponies with wings like you around, some of them pushing clouds around. What's the deal with that?" He asked, it only took a second for Fluttershy to ponder that question.

"Oh, those types of ponies are called Pegasus. You see most of them in the sky because they're pushing clouds around to configure the weather such as to make it rain or cloudy." She explained before pointing at some clouds that were remaining completely still.

"Huh? Aren't they supposed to move naturally on their own?" Commander asked, Fluttershy could only raise an eyebrow in response.

The two were left in silence once more when Video looked down to his left after feeling something prod against his leg, he saw a small white rabbit poking at him, probably to get his attention. It glared up at him and crossed it's arms as if it was trying to say 'Don't you try anything funny mister'.

"Oh, hello Angel!" Fluttershy greeted the rabbit now known as Angel who was still glaring at the biped.

Commander could only look back at the bunny with a look of confusion. What was his problem? Fluttershy looked back up to now see both the runner and the rabbit exchanging stares. The clip clop of hooves emanating as she advanced closer to the two.

"Angel, this is Commander Video." Fluttershy introduced the biped to the bunny, his glare showing no signs of faltering.

"Is he always like this?" Video glanced back at the Pegasus.

"Well... sometimes when he meets new ponies or... creatures like you, he is a little hard headed. But he does mean well." Fluttershy admitted, the bunny in question still kept his trademark glare.

"So... What do you do here? Are all these animals around us your friends?" Commander asked in attempts to break the awkward silence.

"Oh yes! I adore animals, these ones live with me outside my cottage over there!" Fluttershy squeaked excitedly before pointing at the stone house that Commander had seen before meeting the Pegasus. The biped began to notice that some of the animals were taking more of an interest in him, the majority of them consisting as birds of a variety of species were circling around him before landing on his head or shoulders, the curious glances never leaving their faces.

"Looks like you've made some new friends here already!" Fluttershy giggled at the sight, Commander smiled at the birds perched on him despite lacking a mouth and chuckled.

"So I've noticed that you're rather shy, Is that why you live out here from that village?" Video continued the conversation, acknowledging that Fluttershy's cottage was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, a little far from Ponyville.

"Yes. But I don't mind, I always have my animal friends and Angel to keep me company. And my friends from Ponyville do visit often." Fluttershy answered with a blush.

"Hang on. You said that clouds were moved by Pegasus like you, shouldn't you be up there?" The biped questioned, remembering about how Pegasi were tasked with controlling cloud weather.

"Oh, well I do need to take care of the animals here. But I do sometimes help out with moving the clouds." Fluttershy retorted. To be fair, she was right: If she was up in the sky pushing clouds all day, then who would take care of the animals here? Commander chuckled at this obvious thought.

There was one thing that Fluttershy didn't know about Commander Video though.

"When did you come to Equestria?" Fluttershy asked curiously.

"Oh, this morning I think." Commander began his answer.

"See I woke up to find myself in this dark forest where I saw something watching me, my instincts told me to flee so I did so. After making it out of there, I met Pinkie Pie and was soon asked into a delivery by her which caused me to run into something along the way and black out. I wake up in a fancy house and hear footsteps so I charge out once again before speeding through the village, dodging any obstructions in my way and the next thing I know: I end up here and I met you." He explained briefly before taking a few deep breaths after getting all the information he could as simple as possible.

Fluttershy ears perked up through the entire story.

"So you met Pinkie Pie and you said something about a fancy house. Did you see what it looked like on the outside?" She asked.

"Yep. It looked like a tower with elegant décor here and there, I think I saw a few tents nearby but that's pretty much all that I know of." Commander admitted, trying to remember what he had seen before encountering the yellow pony.

"Oh! You must've been in the Carousel Boutique!" Fluttershy exclaimed. Commander titled his eye in confusion.

"Carousel come again?"

"Carousel Boutique!" Fluttershy rephrased. "It's a boutique owned by my best friend, Rarity. She is considered Ponyville's notorious fashionista because of the beautiful and amazing dresses and clothes she makes! She must've found you unconscious and took you inside, that would explain how you got here." Fluttershy theorised.

"And I thought I had somehow broken in!" Commander said, making the two chuckle.

"Well, I'm sure she would love to meet you again." Fluttershy said before an astonished look on her face appeared.

"Oh my goodness, I almost forgot! I need to feed Angel! Sorry, Mr Commander, but I really must go!" Fluttershy apologised with a worried expression.

"Eh, It's no problem. You go right ahead and take care of the little guy. I think I'll explore this world a little more, see ya Fluttershy!" Commander Video said before dashing back down the path as his trademark Techno-Colour sparked and blasted out of his back, leaving Fluttershy, the animals and even Angel with astonished looks on their faces.

"Wow." Was all that Fluttershy said, her eyes focused on the rainbow trail from Commander's back until it vanished into the distance.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment