• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 447 Views, 6 Comments

BIT. TRIP EQUESTRIA - AlucardTheShadow



Many unique creatures have come to many different lands, but what happens when a pixelated sprinter from an 8-bit world finds himself in a world inhabited by ponies?

  • ...
 6
 447

Chapter 3: A Rarity for Thoughts

After several minutes of his body scraping along the ground while receiving some shocked glances and stares from the other ponies, Commander Video felt his hand hit something as if someone had just dropped it. He blinked and brushed off the dirt and soil he had taken with him to wherever Pinkie Pie had just taken him. The biped looked up and was hit back with astonishment with the new sight, it was some kind of house interior but it was completely filled with shelves and shelves of sweets and sugary pastries along with the theme appropriate décor of candies, either he was in a gingerbread house or some kind of bakery. Pinkie could be seen hopping around the shop with fresh cakes in her front hooves.

"Welcome to Sugarcube Corner, Co-deo!" Pinkie Pie turned her head to the sprinter and exclaimed now more gleefully than earlier. Wait, did she just call him 'Co-deo'?

"Co-deo?" Commander asked, tilting his visor eye sceptically.

"Yeah! 'Co' from 'Commander' and 'Deo' from 'Video'! 'Co-Deo'! It has a nice ring to it, right?" Pinkie retorted with a giggle, Commander was about to answer when the pink mare helped him up and took him to the kitchen in a matter of seconds. Pinkie Pie dug into a cabinet and retrieved a mixing bowl with some flour, eggs, milk and some chocolate chips. The biped found a chair nearby and watched the bubbly pony mix in the ingredients to make a thick cookie dough which she soon then rolled out and collected a cookie cutter from a drawer, about 8 to 12 circles of dough with chocolate chips were placed into the oven as Pinkie turned the gas on and set the timer. With the treats now in the baking process, Pinkie Pie grabbed a seat and relocated opposite of where Commander was sitting and made herself comfortable.

"Now that the cookies are on the bake, we can talk a little more!" Pinkie spoke out, eagerness bubbling inside her. All Commander Video could do was nod awkwardly in response. Soon enough a conversation was created, Pinkie would usually make most of it by talking about her most favourite things to do like playing with her friends or putting smiles on people's faces in the very same speed that Commander couldn't even keep up with when they first met.

"Oh yeah! And then there was the time that Mr and Mrs Cake had to go on vacation after an accident involving meringue and a grapefruit, I think his hoof got burnt or maybe his leg was broken but I dunno!" Pinkie blabbered before hearing a 'Ping!', the cookies were now ready for delivery. The pony bounced towards the oven and opened the door, pulling out the tray of freshly baked biscuits. Commander stood up from his seat and observed the equine pouring the cookies in a small bag when they both heard a feminine voice.

"Pinkie Pie, somepony has called for a delivery for a sponge cake! Can you make one and deliver it as soon as possible?" The voice called out.

"Oki-doki-loki Mrs Cake!" Pinkie retorted eagerly, but she was now facing a dilemma. How was she going to get the cookies dispatched while baking a sponge cake at the same time? Her eyes were met with Commander's as she bounced over and held out the bag to him.

"Can you deliver this bag of cookies please, Co-Deo? I could use some help!" The pink pony asked sweetly, the pixel sprinter shrugged and took the bag. Pinkie giggled happily and handed him a small piece of paper, it was the address of where the cookies had to be delivered. Wasting no time, Commander exchanged his farewells with Pinkie before speeding out of Sugarcube Corner and to his set destination.


Rows of house blurring past, a fading rainbow trail behind him, Commander Video had his direction focused forward. He didn't take any notice of the astonished stares the other ponies were giving him again, the only thing important right now was getting the batch of treats to the specified location. Adrenaline was pumping through his 8-bit body just as he foresaw markets and civilian ponies on his path, Commander leaped over the first pony, so far so good. He then slid under an immobile chariot before jumping over two more ponies, some of them that were watching were starting to make impressed sounds from the sprinter's stunts thought most of them were still a little paranoid upon seeing a two legged creature speeding across their town.

Commander took quick notice to see that he was now exiting the town and entering an area of grass before finding a dirt path that was leading to the delivery stop, he was almost there now. With his stamina remaining intact, Commander continued his delivery dash when he suddenly heard another voice. It was feminine, but it sounded a lot more different so he knew that it wasn't either Pinkie Pie or Mrs Cake.

"Hey you! Wait a second!" The runner turned his head but wasn't able to see who it was that had just called out to him, he continued looking to his left before he saw what looked like another pony but wasn't able to decipher it's appearance when all of a sudden, everything went black.

THUD!

Commander collapsed backwards, falling flat on his back unconscious once again. It had only happened for a split second, yet he couldn't grasp what had even occurred.

A door opened to reveal a white pony with a horn on the forehead, her hair was lavender and bundled into a glossy long curled hairstyle with a matching tail. She had what appeared to be three gemstones on her flanks and was donning light blue mascara on her eyes. She looked around in confusion after hearing a loud noise on her door before her head met a motionless jet black body on the ground, she gasped and was just about to run back inside in panic before seeing the thing's single eye contorted to what seemed to be showing an expression of dizziness and injury. The mare trotted over to the sprawled being with a look of shock and concern.

"Oh my goodness d-darling, are you all right?!" The pony stuttered to the two legged thing with the voice of an elegant adult woman with a hint of growing worry. The entity didn't respond and was still laying on the ground, a sudden glow was rippling around the pony's horn and around the body as it was lifted from the ground and carried in to her complex with little to no effort. The ladylike mare levitated the still being to a nearby sofa and place it gently down, leaving it into a lying position.

"You just take it easy dear, I'll get you something to drink." The pony soothingly said, stroking the creature's head with a forehoof before walking off to get a glass of water.


The biped felt a searing pain on his head as he blinked and awoke from his unexpected slumber, he started rubbing his eye as he glanced around frantically in confusion. Wasn't he just outside? He felt behind him to find that he was on a couch so he recollected himself and stood up, taking a look around his new discovery.

Commander Video gazed at the elegant palace like interior, some of the walls were covered with curtains that had a shade of deep pink, the floors being circled with purple and a lighter shade. On one part of the room laid a yellow floral table surrounded by mirrors with golden ribbon borders. Behind him, he could see what appeared to be a row of short tables with stool chairs, a few mannequins of an equine figure stood on random spots. Commander's sight was soon set to what he believed was the front door which was accompanied by hangers of clothing that seemed to have been made with fine feminine quilt and jewellery on each side. Perhaps he was in a tailor of some sorts, the only question being was how he even got in here.

Commander immediately froze after hearing a sound reminiscent of a footstep, he looked around to see an open doorway with a visible staircase. Several more footsteps were heard from inside the doorway getting louder, someone was coming and gosh knows what would only happen if that person found a jet black creature in their house! Commander was bent on fear of somehow breaking into someone's house and was already pacing quickly towards the front door before reaching the handle and closing it behind him. What he hadn't realised was that the bag of cookies he was supposed to deliver had fallen out of his pocket when he got up off the couch.

Not only that, he also had the feeling that somebody was watching him.

Commander Video took a quick glance back to see the outside of the architecture he was just in. Like the inside, it appeared very regal and had the shape of a tower with the top floor decreasing in size, it was frilled with mixed vibrant colours of gold, blue and light purple with a small flag swaying at the very top. Commander switched his focus on retreating from the area before he was caught and dashed off in the opposite direction.


Minutes passed before the runner looked behind again to no longer see the large tower but fresh grass along with a dirt path, relief swirled inside him as he took a moment to inspect whatever was in front of him. In the far distance, he could see what he originally thought was a large tree on a hill guarded by a river with a stone bridge to cross over. A second look revealed it to actually be a large stone house covered with fresh green ivy and foliage, the walls were strung with miniature wooden houses with tiny circular holes. Bird houses. Commander looked up to see several birds of ranging species twittering and gliding around the grass roof cottage. It was quite a pretty sight to see. Commander took a few steps forward just before stopping dead on the bridge to avoid any unwanted attention, he scanned around him to see that a few animals such as rabbits and foxes had popped out of some nearby bushes and were eyeing the strange visitor curiously. Commander couldn't help but smile at this even though he lacked a mouth just when he heard something that was like a whisper but was still audible.

"Um... W-who exactly are you?"