• Published 24th Jun 2016
  • 446 Views, 6 Comments

BIT. TRIP EQUESTRIA - AlucardTheShadow



Many unique creatures have come to many different lands, but what happens when a pixelated sprinter from an 8-bit world finds himself in a world inhabited by ponies?

  • ...
 6
 446

Chapter 1: The Rainbow Stone

Many worlds exist in our universe, some are big and some are small, some are wet and some are dry. But even the most unlikely have perhaps the biggest tales to tell.


In one of these worlds, you would find everything to appear as if it was made of pixels and polygons, full of life with bits around every corner you look including cities and fields. A peaceful meadow remained silent as a yellow polygonal flower bloomed to life and gave the area a more charming and untouched atmosphere.

Suddenly, the atmosphere was disturbed just as a blur of what seemed to be jet black with a multicolour tail rocketed over the grass in a mere split second. The blur was raging across the land of pixels faster than any other being in the world, kicking through and leaping over anything that obstructed it's path almost as if it's life depended on it.

The blur was none other than a rectangular person with thin stick like arms and legs and one single white rectangle as a sort of eye simply known as Commander Video who was still surpassing natural landscapes in seconds, a fading trail of yellow, orange, green, pink and purple emitting from his very back. Commander felt the adrenaline pumping through his entire body with every rapid motion his legs made, by now he had just scaled a polygonal mountain and was approaching a forest at immense speed when all of a sudden...

*Oomf!*

Commander Video blinked to see nothing but black as if he had just ran into complete darkness and felt around him to find rock and soil before lifting his head up to see that he had somehow fallen flat on his face like if he had just tripped on something. After recollecting himself, Video checked his surroundings in order to find whatever it was that had interrupted his running spree but only found nothing out of the ordinary until his eye was locked onto a mound in the dirt, he could've sworn he had just seen something glimmer from it. The adrenaline-induced biped clambered onto his feet and advance towards the ominous object before crouching for better examination, this time he had definitely seen a sparkle from the sunlight.

The pixel sprinter brushed away the dirt to see an odd looking stone wedged into the soil, it was very unique to most stones for it had streaks of rainbow along the surface and was shaped more like a ball. The object was rather heavy as Video managed to extract it from the earth and felt what seemed like glass. He rolled the Technicolor sphere in his hands with the sunlight reflecting from the surface.

Commander continuously scanned the orb for any nooks and crannys until he took a light grip and felt one half of the object twist slightly. He couldn't help but hesitate to rotate the axis any further to unlock whatever mysteries this stone had in store for him. Very slowly, he rotated the hand that was gripped on the loose half as it twisted further and further until it stopped moving altogether with a *click*. Just then, the ball started to glow intensely causing a bright aura to coat around it. Commander Video gazed at the brightening orb in his grasp but was not quick enough to react once he had realised the light was starting to engulf him. And before he could even turn to run...

The very space that Commander Video had just remained idle on was now empty with no evidence of his sudden disappearance, the object he had found was no where in sight either, almost as if nothing happened that day.

The polygonal biped was sent tumbling through a vortex of bright swirling colours and beams, helplessly being dragged into what ever crazy land it was going to take him as a bright light inched closer and closer to him until he saw nothing but white. Video blinked and regained his vision to see blue along with white blurs shooting upwards so he looked down to immediately realise... he was falling right out of the sky!

Commander rolled around helplessly, plummeting faster and faster to the ground. He could see a patch of green surrounded by darker green as he advanced down to the surface at high velocity. Preparing for the worst, he clenched his visor eye shut and awaited his oncoming fate until...

He finally hit the ground, causing small tremors into the earth, the rest of the area being undisturbed as an unconscious jet black body remained motionless on the fresh grass.


Commander Video felt a stinging pain in his head along with several aches around his body as he attempted to lift himself from the ground, he rubbed his eye in order to readjust his vision so he could figure out where had ended up. He averted his gaze to the sky to see it had the same tint of blue he had seen earlier. How long was he even unconscious for?

Commander scratched his head and checked his surroundings, the dark green he had seen back up in the sky revealed to be rows and rows of trees lined around his landing spot. He had ended up in some kind of forest from the looks of it, that was when something sprang into his mind as he dug into his pocket to find the multi-colour orb completely unfazed from the impact, however it seemed to have darkened in colour and was no longer glowing. The runner fruitlessly twisted the ball again and again, trying to get it to work again and hopefully send him back home but it wouldn't take effect. Video's desperate repeats of gyrating the stone back and forth were soon interrupted by a small crack far behind him like someone had just stepped on a twig. His gaze immediately averted behind him but only saw greenery and dark looming shadows of the trunks when something just came into view.

A pair of large eyes were focused on the still pixel biped who felt immobile from intimidation, Commander mustered up the courage to move slightly to his left as the on staring eyes followed his direction. A shadow that was perhaps the source of the eyes could not be recognised from the distance that the runner was on. Sweat beading down his forehead, Commander Video slowly backed away from the on looking entity before turning around and speeding off into the forest in a frenzy of fear.