• Published 19th Jun 2016
  • 2,079 Views, 74 Comments

Missing Pages & Scrawled Footnotes - Ice Star



Iceverse minifics. Little bits of world building, style experiments, character pieces, and such dumped in this anthology. Also, stuff I never finished and poems.

  • ...
4
 74
 2,079

PreviousChapters Next
Untitled #2 [Scrapped] [Unfinished] [Poetry]

Author's Note:

Slight spoilers for Divine Move!

Long before I published my poetry stuffs like Autophobia and the others, in this compilation of otherwise, I decided I wanted to do an abstract little tale back in '16, about the time I was writing 'Divine Move'. I adore the Crystal Ponies, and I really liked the character of Silver Lining to the point I wanted to use her as much as I realistically could.

Deciding I wanted to capture little moments from her life in a standalone side story, I thought some minimal prose would be best, but hadn't exactly hammered out the idea for verse. Using the events she describes in the chapters of Divine Move, I thought it would be nice to pain a picture of her life, even it was plain one, and use the text to try to shape certain things and imitate movement. It didn't really go anywhere, and I've only recently realized that this was still sitting unfinished in my folders. One day, I might come back to it, but apparently, I've tried that before if the dates I've last looked over it (before forgetting it) said anything... so the story sits scrapped, even though, obviously, the events that would have been in it are still canon to the 'verse.

But this is the story that a) didn't even get cover art iirc and b) preceded basically any other poetry I wrote by a long shot. Enjoy!


Untitled #2

Teen|Sad|Dark|How'd I format these again?


According to my notes, the chapters, much like Autophobia and other stories like this, were based around one word themes or imagery as this note snippet says:

"-Swan Song
-Bread
-Catonic
-What Money Can't Buy
Avant-garde poems for Silver Lining's backstory? Not titled?"

1: Swan Song

She walks on hard gray stone.
Tells herself

Just

Another

Step

The midwife trails
So
Far
Behind
Stones wet with snow. Pebble grit EVERYWHERE.
Below

[ENDS HERE]

PreviousChapters Next