• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 535 Views, 9 Comments

Story of Diane Pie - Middle Ground



The other side to Pinkie Pie on a journey to find her place in life.

  • ...
 9
 535

Chapter 7 - Manehatten

I followed Bitter Sweet into the fourth floor and it was very roomy inside. Aside from the two beds in the room, there was a desk, another small bookshelf with a few books, and even a fridge in the back. It wasn't nearly as messy as Bitter Sweet said it was, but it was rather spacious and tidy as Tough Love said it was.

"So...there's your bed over there. It's pretty empty until you put something over there. Uh...home sweet home, I guess." Bitter Sweet sounded like he was indifferent about me living in the same room with him. I looked at my bed on the corner of the room and I liked it. I then looked at Bitter Sweet's side of the room and saw many pieces of pages on piled up on both sides of his bed.

"So Bitter Sweet, what do you do? Do you work in an office job...?"

Bitter Sweet then began to re-organize all the papers neatly, "I'm actually a psychiatrist. I have a degree in my office. These papers are actually reports of previous patients and clients. I've had a lot of them in my work." I was really impressed at his many past successes.

"And before you make any assumptions, the success rate of all these clients is mixed between 'good' and 'not so good'. Some of them had to be taken in for 'treatment'. Psychiatry is not as easy as all these papers make you believe it is...." I should've known better than to assume....

"Hey brother, Diane...! Big Sis made lunch! Come down and eat!" Day called to us from downstairs and I realized that I was hungry from all that travelling.

"You go on ahead. I have some things to do here. I'll see you later." Bitter Sweet continued to re-organize his papers. I left the room, entered the second floor, and then the smell of newly baked bread entered into my nose; it smelled so good.

"Hey Diane...! You gotta try the bread Love makes! She runs a bakery!" Charm and Day were both super looking forward to it. I then noticed Miss Jubilee sleeping on the couch in a cover; she must have been very tired from all the work she does.

"Alright you three, come and get it." Tough Love sliced the bread into sections for all of us to enjoy.

"YAAY!" Charm and Day had their plates ready for good bread. I got a few pieces for myself and I loved it. After we ate, we then sat down in the living room and we began talking about stuff. We then noticed Bitter Sweet walk down from his room.

"Hey bro, wanna hang out?" Charm and Day wanted to spend some time with Bitter Sweet; Tough Love only glared at him.

"I would, but I must go shopping for groceries. Maybe another time. I'll be back later." Bitter Sweet puts on a coat, and then left the room for shopping.

"Is he alright...? He seems down." I was concerned about him.

"He's fine. He's just a big jerk...." Tough Love was living up to her name a little too well.

"He's not a jerk! He's just...sad." I became more concerned with how Day described Bitter Sweet.

"He's not sad, Day. He's just bitter...." Tough Love sounded very angry towards Bitter Sweet for some reason.

"Love, why are you so angry at Bitter Sweet? He seems a little rough, but he can't be that bad...."

Tough Love huffed, "He spurred Jubilee's kindness and didn't even accept her offer of becoming a part of her family. And he treats every pony around him like his worst enemies and he never talks to us. He's the biggest jerk I have ever known!" She was beginning to lose her mind....

"Big Sis, please don't say that.... He's really nice." Day looked like she was going to cry.

Tough love sighed, "I'm going upstairs...." She left the room feeling upset, leaving me with the little ones.

"Sorry, Diane.... They really don't get along. I don't know why. Bitter Sweet is so cool and Love is so nice." Even Charm started to sound down. Miss Jubilee then woke up with a yawn and rubbed her tired eyes.

"What's going on...?" She then noticed every pony in the room seemed sad.

"What's wrong...? Why does everypony look so sad?" Miss Jubilee was concerned.

Charm replied, "Love and Bitter Sweet got into another fight.... Love is in her room right now." Miss Jubilee then got off the couch and made her way to the stairs.

"Let me got talk to her." She left to do so.

"I want them to get along...." Day was starting to tear up a bit.

I panicked and rushed over to her, "It will be alright...! I'm sure they'll get along someday!" I then gave her a hug, hoping she would cheer up.

Day sniffled, "Yeah...you're right. Thank you, Sis." That sentence alone made me feel warm inside.

"Alright everypony, Love and I are back~! So...where is Bitter Sweet?" Miss Jubilee and Tough Love walked down stairs and rejoined our little group.

"Bro left to shop again." replied Charm; it sounded like a usual routine they were used to.

Miss Jubilee sighed, "I see. He's still doing that...." She sounded rather down about it.

"Uh...I know! Let's go and give Diane a tour of Manehatten! That'll be fun!" Charm was beginning to panic as he tried to change the subject.

"A great idea, Charm~! Now that I got my few minutes of sleep, I am ready for action~! Let's go~!" Miss Jubilee's over-the-top positive attitude came out and we were then taken into the city. Manehatten was amazing with the number of public parks, shopping centers, a beautiful ice-skating rink, and the buildings were so tall. And the sight of Mare Liberty was amazing. Though the traffic was intimidating to walk through....

After hours of walking, we return back to the house since it was starting to get late.

"So Diane, did you like your time in Manehatten~? I bet you did~!" Miss Jubilee looked tired again, despite how energetic she sounded.

"It was really fun. I hope I'll get to see more." I was starting to grow tired myself.

"I'm sleepy...." Day and Charm both looked like they were ready to fall asleep.

"I guess it's about time to get ready for bed, you two. Go and wash up now." Tough Love then went back to reading her romance novel she left.

"Okay...." Charm and Day both went up to the second floor to get ready for bed time.

"I think I'll go get ready too. This mare needs her beauty sleep." Miss Jubilee then followed Charm and Day to get ready for bed.

"Miss Jubilee must work really hard, does she?" Miss Jubilee seemed so sluggish the entire time we were touring the city.

"Yes, she does. Her family is famous for their cherry farming and she has a lot of responsibilities. I keep telling her to make time for a vacation, but she never listens. She's so busy with keeping us healthy, keeping the rent paid, and other things. Day, Charm, and I are worried about her. And that jerk Bitter isn't doing anything to help us...." Tough Love became angry at Bitter Sweet again....

"Well...maybe I can get a job! I can help around the house! And maybe I can help her with the work load!" I was ready to do whatever I could to help them.

"Well...maybe you can help out at where I work. It's not just a bakery, but it's also a café too. Customers go there all the time and a little more help would be nice. You can help me pay the rent a little easier." Tough Love became interested in my offer to help them out.

"I am so ready...! I want to help out in any way I can! And I'll do my best!" I was fired up!

"Then next week starting Monday, your job as waitress, maid, and welcome-mare will start. Before we could do that, we need to get your maid outfit ready." That statement alone made me feel very embarrassed.

"I'm home...." Bitter Sweet walked inside the room with bags full of groceries.

"Welcome back, Bitter." Tough Love became angry towards Bitter Sweet again.

"Where is everypony else...?" asked Bitter Sweet; he placed his coat over his back as he was getting ready to head into his room upstairs.

"They're getting ready for bed. You should too." I could tell Tough Love wanted Bitter Sweet to leave.

"Yeah, I'll do that. Later." Bitter Sweet then left the room with his groceries and went up to his room.

"Hmph...jerk." I heard her mumble those two words and I knew that living in a house where two ponies argue with each other is not going to be using. But that was not going to bring me down. I am ready to live life now!