• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 534 Views, 9 Comments

Story of Diane Pie - Middle Ground



The other side to Pinkie Pie on a journey to find her place in life.

  • ...
 9
 534

Chapter 12 - Good Morning

I wake up after a good night's sleep and I am greeted by the smell of freshly made breakfast and the light of the morning sun. I look at Bitter Sweet's clock to see that it was around 7:51 am and decided to get out of bed. I went over to the mirror near my bed to see that I had the worst bed-mane and bed-tail; my both my mane and tail were really poof-y. After looking at the mirror for a minute, it instantly reminded me of Pinkie Pie. I had a discouraged look on my face since it is my goal to become my own pony in this land of Equestria. And looking exactly like a pony you want nothing to do with makes for a dis-heartening morning. I did took my mane and tail brush and tried straightening them both, but it they wouldn't settle down.

"Hey Diane, wake up! Tough Love made breakfast and it looks deli-" Charm came walking up the stares to get me but then stopped when he saw my poof-y mane and tail; he snorted and started laughing.

"Wow...! Your mane and tail look so funny! I wish I had a camera right now!" I really hate my mane and tail right now....

"Charm could you leave and have Love help me? I can't fix my mane or tail." I asked him when Charm started to calm down from laughter.

"Uh...yeah. I'll be a minute." Charm was rubbing tears from his eyes from all the laughter and left to get Love. As I continue to look at my reflection, I can't help but wonder what Pinkie Pie was doing right now. Either she's sleeping in bed, or she's preparing yet another party for another pony in Ponyville. And then I wondered....what would I do? Or a better question is....what could I do? I could do anything if I put my mind and effort into it. Being without my own Cutie Mark, my options are abundant. But honestly, I don't really know what to do. No matter how hard I thought it through, I couldn't come up with anything. I was beginning to become discouraged again before Tough Love came walking into my room.

"Wow...Charm was right. You do need some help." She snickered at the sight of my mane and tail as she walked up to me.

"Good morning, Love...." I feel like this will be a repeating joke here.

"Don't look so down, Diane. Let me help you out." Tough Love sat behind me and began brushing my mane and tail and I could feel like them settling down.

"So Diane, I heard from Miss Jubilee that you've been a good influence to Bitter lately. Honestly, I have my doubts...." Tough Love sounded bothered from mentioning Bitter Sweet's name; I had to ask.

"Love, why do you hate Bitter Sweet?" 'Hate' may be a harsh word, but I couldn't really find a better way to speak my question.

"Because he's the biggest jerk I have ever known in my life! He treats those around him like they're a nuisance, he would rather focus on his work than spend time with those who considers him family, and he thinks he's so smart! He drives me crazy all the time!" Tough Love definitely hates Bitter Sweet and I could tell from her angry mane and tail brushing.

"Love, calm down...! You're yanking my tail and mane!" The fast and forceful brushing were starting to hurt.

"Ah...! Oh, I'm so sorry! I lost my temper...." She stopped brushing immediately when she realized what she was doing; honestly, she scared me.

"It's fine, Love. I'm just glad my mane and tail settled down now." Despite the yanking, my mane and tail both straightened out now.

"A-Anyway, let's go downstairs and join Charm and Day for breakfast!" Love then rushed down stairs to the second floor after that awkward moment. I then followed her after fixing my bed and then I saw quite the spread of food with apple slices, toast with butter and jelly, orange and apple juice, and even some breakfast muffins.

"Good morning, Big Sis!" Day had crumbs all over her face while she held a bear doll; it was cute.

"Hey, was Tough Love yelling at you? She sounded angry...." Charm looked concerned.

"No, I was yelling about that jerk, Bitter." Tough Love began to eat the breakfast she cooked.

"Big Sis, you and Big Brother should get along...!" Day's mouth was full. Tough Love grunted with disgust at the thought; I had to change the subject.

"So Charm, are there any comic books coming out...?" I'm not really interest, but I had to do something to avoid any more awkward moments.

"Dude, there's this comic convention coming next month and I am SO PUMPED!" Charm became very excited as he went on and on about this convention. After a few minutes of Charm talking about comics, we then see Miss Jubilee walking into the room.

"Oh my~! I'm glad to see you all awake~! And you made breakfast~? Don't mind if I do~!" She began making her own plate.

"By the way, Diane, I have been wanting to ask about something rather peculiar." This sounded serious.

She then sat down with her plate of food, "On my way back here, I met with a pony who looked an awful lot like you." Just from hearing that, I felt like my whole body turned to ice.

"O-Oh...really? That's f-funny." I tried to feign ignorance but I could tell that Miss Jubilee could easily see through me.

"Though, she had a really dark coat and wore a dress. She seemed a little...stoic to me." Miss Jubilee then began to eat when she gave me that strange description that sounded nothing like Pinkie Pie to me. Pinkie Pie was pink all of over and 'Stoic' was not the right word to describe her.

"I...don't know any pony like that." I assumed this pony had the same mane and tail style I wear.

"I wonder if she's single...?" Charm is such a child....

"Well, she probably left by now so let's move on to something else. Such as going out on the town~!" Miss Jubilee just got back yet she wants to head back out; she never stops for long.

"I wanna show Big Sis my favorite toy store...!" Day held onto her bear doll in excitement.

"No way...! I wanna show Diane the comic store I go to!" Charm also became excited; I'm going to be swamped today....

"I'm willing to go with all of you today and see the sights. I just have to finish by 2 pm." I still had my appointment with Bitter Sweet later.

"We'll be sure to come back here for you to rest beforehoof. We can show you the market place too." Tough Love had finished eating her breakfast and so did everypony else.

"Then it's settle~! We're going to see all the fun stuff Manehatten has to offer~!" We were all ready to head out and left almost immediately. Even though it was still so early, the city ponies were all over the market place. There were rows and rows of different booths that sold all kinds of things from fruits and vegetables to little knick knacks and even old furniture. Day and Charm begged Miss Jubilee to buy them either a doll or a Power Ponies figure, but Miss Jubilee denied them that to avoid spoiling them. Day and Charm were depressed about that. Thankfully, there was the ice-skating rink and it was so much fun. I never realized that I would skate on ice and have so much fun at it. But Miss Jubilee and Charm couldn't stop slipping all over the ice, so we didn't spend too much time there. We then made our way to the park at the very center of the city for a break and I really enjoyed it. It was so peaceful and a breath of fresh air from the loud and cramped streets. There was even a Hot Carrot stand and we enjoyed eating them before continuing our little outing. We even went to the docks where we saw some big ships and little boats sailing through the water. We spent nearly four hours in this outing and we began making our way back home.

"Hey Miss Jubilee, can we go to the museum before heading back home?" We all stopped at Tough Love's request; I've never been to the museum and I felt like it could be fun.

"Why sure, Love~! We can go and visit the museum~! It's near home so we can take our time there~! Let's go~!" We were all in agreement and we made our way to the Manehatten Museum, which was really near home. We went inside and it was so amazing. There were giant dinosaur skeletons, displays carrying armor of ponies who were knights in times of war, and it had a number of priceless art done by artists of the past. We then entered a room full of various stones and minerals that were found all over Equestria. I guess I felt nostalgic since Pinkie Pie and technically myself came from a Rock Farm. I couldn't help but feel fascinated by all the unique stones that were all in display.

"Diane~! It's time to leave now~! I believe your appointment is in an hour~!" Miss Jubilee and the others were all ready to go, so my stay in the Stone Exhibit had to end. Just as we were leaving I accidently bumped into another pony.

"Oh, I'm sorry...! I wasn't paying attention!" I slightly panicked for doing so.

"It's fine. I wasn't looking either." The mare continued on her way into the museum; I only took a glimpse of her because I was in a slight rush since it was 12:52 pm. What I did not know was that many things were going to happen.