• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 532 Views, 9 Comments

Story of Diane Pie - Middle Ground



The other side to Pinkie Pie on a journey to find her place in life.

  • ...
 9
 532

Chapter 1 - A Different Kind of Pie

You know, I always thought life was full of dark and pointless things.... The peaceful land of Equestria, the land of ponies, even had those places where everything was dark and sad. That's what it was like back home. When I was just a filly, me, my three sisters, and our parents would usually spend those dark, cloudy days breaking and harvesting rocks back home. It was a Rock Farm and us Pies were well-known for all the minerals and metals we found. But it was a tough job and nothing really made me smile like I do now. But one day, something amazing happened that changed my-or rather-her life forever.... Her name is Pinkie Pie and this is our story.

Some years after that event, Pinkie moved away from home to Ponyville, the town of ponies, to start her dream career as a Party Planner. She always wanted to make other ponies smile and for the most part, it works out. There have been those few who were always rather grumpy, but it works out in the end. But then one day, she had a special party planned for her pet alligator named, Gummy, and her friends were trying to avoid her. That's when things became cold and dark for her.... She felt just like how I felt all those years ago: Cold and Alone. Our thoughts were filled with sadness and neglect. But in the end, her friends came back to her and wished to reconcile with her. At first, Pinkie wondered if it was all just a lie to appease her.... But many things happened afterwards and their bonds of friendship only grew much stronger.

She made many friends along the way and she had all kinds of fun doing it. There were many parties and adventures they all shared that ponies could only dream of joining. She was regarded as the sweetest pony to have ever lived. But then one day, Pinkie was met with the problem of spending time with all of her friends at once. It was impossible for her to do that since she is just one pony. That is...until she found a book that spoke of a magic pool, the Mirror Pool, that can duplicate her as many times as she needs. She searched a place called the Everfree Forest, a dangerous place for it and found the cave the pool resides. She spoke the needed incantation and she succeeded in duplicating herself in order to spend time with her friends and make them happy. But...the duplicates were...not very intelligent compared to the original. Pinkie and the duplicates left the cave to commence their plan to bring joy to Ponyville, but what happened out there is not where the story begins.

Our-or rather-my story begins with my creation. Unlike Pinkie and the duplicates, I am very different in body, mind, and soul. My pink coat was dark and my mane and tail weren't fluffy. Pinkie's Cutie Mark were three balloons, which symbolized her talent of creating parties and making other ponies happy. I even noticed that I didn't have a Cutie Mark. Good, because I am my own pony. My name is Diane Pie, and I am the other side of Pinkie Pie. I am no longer bound to her and I am free to do whatever I wish. I can now step into the light and see the world through my own eyes. Honestly, I was so full of glee when I took my first steps out of the cave and my first breath of fresh air. The world was right in front of me and I ran out into the open field outside of the Everfree Forest and realized one thing that made my entire existence: I AM FREE.