• Published 11th Dec 2016
  • 386 Views, 6 Comments

The Great Alicorn War - 21latenighter



The war that brought out the worst death toll in equstrian history, but the creation of the most powerful artifacts to ponykind, the elements of harmony.

  • ...
 6
 386

The Shards Of Defeat

He opened his eyes and slowly looked around at his surroundings. The little light given off by the moon illuminated the cave that he had taken refuge in for the night. The walls were damp and gave off a slight musty smell. He had slept there for the night as he wandered the forest, looking for something that wasn't there. He had searched the forest over and over for nearly three years now. After their attempt to destroy Kaorn that had in turn torn them apart even more, Hurricane had left for the Pegasi nations where she took command after general Fluff passed away at the beginning of the winter. The winter, he couldn't call it a winter, because winters end, and this has went on for nearly three years now. It started like any other winter, but then began to get colder and colder. As it got colder, their relationships had gotten worse. After Hurricane left, Grog was next, leaving for what he thought was the only way to save the world. After Grog left, they fell apart, the brave alicorns that were able to stand up against the forces of Kaorn were no more.

He had been the last one to leave, leaving his sisters behind, but not before leaving them in the hoofs of a trusted friend. He had began searching for the one place in the forest that he could find answers, the spot of creation, where he and his friends had found the great creator, who had brought them the jewels that she had called elements...


They approached the circle in the forest slowly. In front of them was a white alicorn, laying inside the circle. She was very weak and seemed to be fading in and out of existence. She looked up at them with a look of fear.

"Who... who are you?..." the being asked as she looked to the six alicorns approaching her. "What do you want from me?..." she asked again.

"Please," Fury began, "We don't want any trouble, we want a way to find peace," he said as he stopped the others and approached alone.

"Peace?......... Peace? You and your kind have destroyed this land and killed thousands, Why would any of you want peace, when you have killed just as much as that monster has..."

"I know, Great Creator, but all we want is this war to end, to bring peace to our world, to save what life remains..." Hurricane said as she stepped towards the alicorn.

"No hope...... no hope....... He has already begun..., He sent his general to.. to... kill me, b.. bu...but he failed..." she said softly, her voice fading as her body began to fade out again.

"There is hope, creator.... There is always hope, we just need to believe in ourselves, and hope will always come when we need it.... There is always hope...." Fury said to the alicorn as he finally approached her. He placed his hoof on hers, looking to the distraught eyes of the creator in front of him.

"Hope... If you are to bring hope to the world, you will first need to have harmony amongst yourselves before you can bring harmony to the world... I can give you that harmony, with these..." she said as her horn lit up a bright green. Six jewels appeared before her, each perfect in their own way. Each with perfect faucets and glowing different colors. The jewels then began to raise into the sky before making their way to one of the six before her. "Use their power well, and harmony will.... follow you...... any... anywhere..." she said as her head dropped and her body finally faded out of existence.


His thoughts broke away from the memory as a large pile of snow fell from the treetops and landed on top of him. Annoyed, he shook off the clod snow before looking to the forest again.

"Why can't I find it, I've looked everywhere!" he said aloud, hoping for an answer from the universe or something along the lines of.

"You will never find what you are looking for here young hero, for it is no longer on this plane" came a voice from the winds, soft and sweet.

"What do you mean, where could it have gone?!" he asked the voice as he stood and looked around.

"It or rather I, have returned to the great beyond, where life began and it must ultimately return" the voice responded as Fury looked around in a small panic. Had he wasted the last three years of his life, of this war, for nothing?

"I wish to speak to the creator, whoever you are, and seek answers that only she carries!" Fury announced to the world and the voice, wherever it may be.

"You seek a way to end the war, and to ultimately make peace and balance in the world..." the voice began. "I already gave you the answer young warrior, to make harmony, you must have harmony within..."

"Creator...." he began. "Your here, but why can I not see you?"

"Because you are not looking in the right places.... You still look for what you can see with your eyes, and not your soul..."

"Enough riddles, please.... I want to bring this world to order, if for no other reason... than to leave it.." He said softly.

"And why, mighty hero... would you leave a world that your family has worked so hard to defend.... When you yourself have put so much into this world?" The voice asked, intrigued.

"My family, the Great Alicorns, we failed our purpose... and I would see this world spared from more bloodshed from our mistakes..." he said with tears forming in his eyes.

"Yes... The great ones failed.... But you are the next generation, a new seed planted in garden that needs to be cultivated... Your parents gave you the throne, but you refused... and now you are in control of the greatest power in the world, and you are ready to throw it away..." the voice said, disappointed.

"Great power, we had no advantage over Kaorn then, and we have none now.."

"You have no Advantage because you scattered like children in the night, frightened by their own shadow, instead of sticking together and finding peace in each other's souls..." the voice snapped, rage beginning to show.

Fury began to cower from the voice, wherever it might be, and screamed out in pain. "Yes!, we ran away... We lost our parents and all hope of defeating Kaorn..."

At this, the voice came back calmly and coolly, "My young hero, it is at this time that you and your friends weakened your power, and held the same as your opponent... But when you come together and let your differences aid you... You will find a power that is stronger than that of any foe... The same power that I bestowed upon you and your friends before..."

"How am I even to speak to them, after the last battle, we all went our separate ways and then the winter set in..." he said as he began to see a figure before him.

"As the son of the king you are destined for great power, even if it is not from the throne... Your father was not only king of the land, but a special warrior... a guardian." the apparition said as it took more physical form before him.

"Your... Your coming to my world.."

"No, young Fury Flight, you are just finally beginning to see with your soul..." The creator said as she lightly touched down on the green earth. "Your greatest power has always been in your magic, but it has always seemed held back, hasn't it?" She asked as her body took the form of a small filly.

"Y.. yes... How did you know this?" Fury asked with fear and curiosity in his voice.

"I have watched over you as I have every living thing young hero, and I have seen you become quite the mage along with your sword skills... And along with this I seen a gift in you, one that could be harnessed with the power of a great guardian..."

"Guardian... My father used to tell me tales of a great warrior who rose from the ranks of his army and brought peace with a great power that drove back the evil and brought light to the world... He had always told me that one day I would do great things, but we all got told that..." he said as memories of his father crawled back to him.

"The power your father spoke of... It exists... In the"

"Cave that is not a cave, where the great eye watches over all with it's unblinking gaze, and only those chosen can find the entrance" Fury finished the legend. "The Eternal Cave... But it's just an old Mare's tail, isn't it?" he asked.

"The Eternal cave doesn't exist on this world, but yet you can reach it... it's mouth is closed to all who don't know the way... Only the chosen can navigate the paths that lead to the cave itself..."

"Your words... they are true... My father spoke of other worlds upon our own, that only certain ponies could see... The cave would be in one of those worlds... and maybe.."

"Maybe..."

"Maybe a way to defeat Kaorn without killing him..."

"Your soul is beginning to find it's way to harmony young hero, but I am afraid that it is time for me to leave this plane... So I leave you with this advice and counsel... Look where others do not, find what cannot be seen with naked eyes, and peace and harmony you will find..." The pony said as her form collapsed into a sphere and shot towards the sky.

"Thank you... thank you..." he whispered to the sphere as it began to rise. Fury turned his attention to the road, and began to let his soul lead him to the one cave in the world that could not be found by mortal means...

Hope, a small flicker within us all, and if given the right stick, can produce the flame of victory ~ Fury Flight

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment