• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,869 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,869

PreviousChapters Next
[03] The Angel Awakens

Point of view Angel Class Sentinel Type Alpha "Serena"

REBOOTING...

BEGINNING SELF ANALYSIS

Auto Repair: 100% [Online]
Dark Energy Core: 100% [Online]
Mega Processors: 100% [Online]
Personality Matrix: 100% [Online]
Memory Storage: 87% [Online] {WARNING: 56% OF HISTORICAL DATA CORRUPTED}
Emotions: [Offline] {WARNING CRITICAL ERROR DETECTED}
Voice: 100% [Online]
Wormhole Communication Radio: 100% [Online]
Optical Sensors: 100% Online]
H.U.D: 100% [Online]
Scanning Array: 100% [Online]
Targeting System: 100% [Online]
Multinet Connection: [Offline] {ERROR NO CONNECTION}
Wi Fi: [Offline] {ERROR NO CONNECTION}
Overshield: 100% [Online]
Armor: 100% [Online] {NOT EQUIPPED}
Left Arm: 100% [Online]
Right Arm: 100% [Online]
Left Leg: 100% [Online]
Right Arm: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jet Left Arm: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jet Right Arm: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jet Left Leg: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jet Right Leg: 100% [Online]
Energy Emitters: 1% [Charging] {ETA 3 SECONDS}
Miscellaneous Systems: 100% [Online]

ACCESSING CURRENT WING SET: "Medical" 100% [Online]
ACCESSING POCKET UNIVERSE FOR AVAILABLE WING SETS:
mythological
medical {EQUIPPED}
high speed long range combat [standard]
----------------------------------------------------
prototype stealth wings
prototype close range
prototype ground combat
---------------------------------------------------

Medical wing set abilities:
Regeneration Field: 100% [Online]
Healing phasers: 100% [Online]
Gravity Jets: 100% [Online]

==============================

"Sky Queen" mode: deactivated

==============================

Star Date: UNKNOWN
Time: UKNOWN

Current Objective: none

REBOOT COMPLETE

My HUD activates, at the top of my vision is a compass with a bar that represents my over shield strength, it reads 100% next to it. At the bottom right side is the blue circle that is actually my KE tracker, it scans for kinetic energy signatures giving me very accurate awareness of my surroundings all within 100 meters. A small blue circle fallows my eye movements and changes size when i shift my focus from a single point, to an object or a group of objects. My eyes have a brilliant blue hue to them, as if your starring into the deep blue sky. "Thank you..." my voice is soft and gentle but yet slightly commanding, but it was all I could say to these kind life forms. I notice a few others enter the room, the all look at me in wonder, the blue one with the rainbow hair blushes as she stares at my chest. Realizing that the my medical gown had to be removed I must be naked I deactivate the repair protocol. The frame that is supporting my body releases me, I stand up fold up my wings, and materialize my high speed assault armor to prevent them from seeing my privates any longer.


A black armor piece covers my chest, under my C cup breast size chest piece is 2 small but powerful gravity jets to cancel out the drag generated by the breast size. The edge of the breast plate is lined with a dark gray color that seems to be giving off a vary faint blue light at the very edge that covers my body, this is super enhanced shielding that rests under the overshield that acts as additional protection over areas that show skin. The chest piece has a thin flexible cover that runs down my belly but still exposes my sides and reaches my lower body. A blue glowing line runs down it to touch the armored belt that holds up the skirt. The lower armor piece is gray with white lines on the edge of the piece. For additional protection and practicality the lower armor piece is sarounded by an array of gravity jets un the under sides of the plating arranged to look like a stylized war skirt and are all equipped with an energy blade emitter. The skirt reaches halfway down to my knees. My upper leg armor is black colored, blue lines that come down from the lower armor piece glow brilliantly. The knee caps are silver with armoured joints and have an energy emitter that can only create a hard light spike to penetrate targets. The lower leg armor is also black with glowing vertical blue lines that act as the overshield generators. The feet plating is black as well and is equipped with a low power energy blade emitter that can surprise targets with a hidden short dagger energy blade. On the bottom of the feet are countless tiny gravity jets. My arms are both equipped with black gauntlets that are equipped with Compact Rotating Gatling Guns (CRGG) that supply me with accurate long range automatic projectiles that can be set to different types via quantum converters, the guns have twelve 2 inch barrels. The custom CRGGs are built to fire 3 projectiles at a time from the under side of the hands so that my fingers don't get damaged while I fire more powerful energy projectiles from the energy emitter in my hands. The gauntlets extend to my hands as an ultra thin layer of protection, My palms are detailed with what the outside observer would say, look like a glowing circle that has blue lines that fallow my fingers, in reality they amplify my internal energy emitter in my hands by a factor of 10. On either side of my head is a small black cylinder that has a large spike that is about 6 inches long that points out backwards at a 45 degree angle protruding from the back of the cylinder. On the Cylinder's circled side is a small vent that points down, steam comes out of it for a moment as a maintenance check to release possible dust from my systems.

<<<no dust detected>>>

"You look...simply GORGEOUS! You simply MUST tell me what you are wearing!" said the white pony with purple hair as she stares at me with sparkles in her eyes.

"High speed assault armor." I replied simply. The tall white alicorn approaches me.

"My name is Princess Celestia of Equestria, and who may you be?" said Celestia.

"I am the Angle Class Sentinel: Type Alpha, Serena" I say as I scan the life forms to get IDs on them.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, this is Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash." said Twilight as she points to the ponies with the given names.

"Why are you here?" asked Twilight.

"I do not know." I say with no emotion, but a very small hint of sadness could be heard, no one seems to notice this.

"I see..." said Twilight as she trails off in thought.

"I can't even imagine how painful it was to have been to have your...limbs cut off...What did this to you?" said Celestia as she feels greatly concerned to what did this to me.

"I...do not wish to talk about that..." I said in a descending tone.

"I bet you can go really fast huh?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"I am currently equipped with medical wings...changing to standard wing set now..." I said as my wings fold back up only to fold into themselves in such a way that they all look like 8 long white spikes poking out of my back, they all slide into my back with a slicing sound. Eight black spikes slide out of my back and unfold revealing my standard high speed combat wings. The top 2 wings are cylinders seem to have a single ball joint in the middle of them implying they can fold inwards when not being used. The spikes themselves are covered with 4 glowing blue lines that stop at the ball joint, on the other side of the ball joint is what looks like 2 massive bayonetted cannons, they are experimental neutrino cannons. The barrels on them are 4 feet long with the base of them a larger cylinder that are about half the size of a wooden barrel that is covered with what looks like tiny vents. The 2 wing sets under the canons are identical. They are both very thin black diamond shaped. On each wing is a blue glowing diamond shape in the center in the center of this diamond is a small blue glowing light, the diamond in the center of the wings's surface is 2 more diamonds that line up with the long side of the wings structure, next to them is an array of smaller diamonds arranged in a geometric pattern. The bottom wing set seems to be folded up as it is too long to be fully deployed as I stand, they don't seem to notice much detail on them other than they appear to have a longer diamond shape with a glowing diamond shape on its surface. At the base of each wing appears to be a set of small guns about the size of the barrel of a pistol but they seem to be on joints as well and they certainly don't look like any normal laser weapon, they have a frame like structure sarounded by rings that cover the interior of the weapon, at the tip of each weapon is a quartz crystal, They are in fact high powered homing lasers. Rainbow Dash's jaw drops as she stares in awe at my wings.

"My top speed has been calculated to be approximately 74 million miles per hour, though safety protocol dictates that while I am on a planet with life on it I cannot go faster than 100,000 miles per hour to prevent damage to the atmospheric wind currents depending on the planet's size."

"N-no...that's impossible! their's NO way you can go that fast!" said Rainbow out of rage.

"it is only an estimation, in my relatively short operational life I have only gone 7,604 miles per hour." I replied to the enraged pony.

"How about we have a race and find out!?"

"Now is hardly the time for that Dash, now would you please calm down darling?" said Rarity trying to calm her friend as their are more pressing matters to attend too.

"Ugh, fine, but we're having a race some time soon." said Dash trying to get the last laugh.

"You look as though you were built for combat, am I correct?" asked Celestia, noticing the CRGGs on my arms.

"I am designed for long range aerial and space combat, most of my weapons have not been tested, but I do not desire to test them on your subjects." I explained, not wanting to hurt anyone.

"Thank you for your concern, I'm sure it was not your intension to come here as well." she said as she raises an eye brow.

"No, but I should be the one thanking you, you are the reason why I'm alive right now your highness." noticing the crown I get down on one leg and kneel to her to show my respect. The princess looks at me with a smile on her face.

"Oh theirs no need for that, we only did what we felt was right...but I'm sure you have many questions." said the princess as I stand once more.

"A few yes, but I'm sure you have many more, though not all shell be answered as some answers may be classified." I said noticing that some of my historical data is corrupted but my technical data possess massive amounts of classified information.

"That seems reasonable, but I think its best we continue this conversation in Twilight's castle." Said Celestia. Twilight walks over to me and smiles.

"We could introduce you to the town, I'm sure Pinkie would love through you a welcome party." said Twilight. The pink pony in question gasps and runs over to me, thinking that this behavior could be hostile I jump back faster than she could react with a push on the jets in my wings. She trips and falls as she was expecting to hug me.

"OHF...I guess you don't like surprises huh?" she said as she slowly gets up and approaches me much slower this time.

"S-sorry...its just I've never been shown this level of hospitality before, and I've never actually been to a party either." I say still with no emotion but I feel a spark of sadness in the back of my mind. Pinkie looks at me in a very sad expression.

"Never...had a party...oh you poor thing...we need to fix that, and soon!" she said as she has a determined expression in her voice. With that we all leave the robotics lab and go to the cargo bay. The cargo bay is located in the bottom of the ship just above the ore storage room. Inside is a large assortment of crates full of different types of missiles and ammunition. We come across vehicles that originated from the human home world. Some of them are exotic cars, others are military some are RVs and even a few military jets from the mid 2000s. We approach a rather large door in the wall. I wirelessly open it to the outside, a few fires can be seen as well as dirt and rock that was ripped out of place by the crash, ponies can be seen floating in the air all gazing at me and the ponies next to me.

Author's Note:

Multinet
Gravity Jet
Energy Emitter
Quantum Converter
Neutrino Cannon
Homing Lasers
Compact Rotating Gatling Gun (CRGG)

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

Also the speed of light is 670,616,629 MPH, keep that in mind when you read this chapter.

PreviousChapters Next