• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,869 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,869

PreviousChapters Next
[17] Escape From The Icy Wastes

I lay in the middle of a flat field of white snow sarounded by mountains off in the distance with a blizzard coming my way. By the time the life form reaches me I will be frozen. I notice I have only one weapon still operational, my left wing mounted neutrino cannon. It could be used to melt the ice around me if I max charge it and fire it at the top of a mountain to cause as little damage to the planet's climate as possible. I charge it up 30 seconds causing the air and snow around me to get crushed against the back of the cannon as it screams to life. The beam is released at a desolate ice covered mountain off in the distance.

(Basically? it goes down like this)

The ice covered mountain is wiped from the map in a matter of seconds along with all the ice in the general vicinity. Molten rock and steam is sent flying away from their resting place as the mountain is incinerated in less then a second. The beam rips through the sky, vaporizing the clouds and snow as it clears a very district path through the storm. Blue sky can be seen as a result of the massive tear in the cloud cover, leaving a large gap in snow fall for about 100 miles. Calculating the results the gap in the storm should reform in 13 minutes and 38 seconds. The neutrino beam should dissipate safely into space. I try and stand but find my synthetic mussels are at 6% capacity, causing me to fall down as I wince in pain. Feeling the sudden need to cough I cough a few times to find my liquid magic in the snow as it glows blue and melts the snow around it. I'm losing power faster then I'd like, if this keeps up my magic could reach lower then operational levels. If I shut down to save power than I would die faster as my self repair protocol does not seem to be responding. I do an internal scan to find my legs are offline as my hands are slightly damaged, looking down at my body I see that my skin is burned off in multiple places on my body, the skin on my legs are completely burned off as well as the skin on my hands and around them, with small leaks of liquid magic in multiple locations causing a loss of power, heat, and magic and a small amount of corrupted dark magic is detected with in me. I access my inventory.

High Speed Assault Wings {modded} [36%]
Medical Wings [3%]
Mythological [100%]

Now is as good as time as any to test out the mythological wing set, though given my current status this may be significantly more painful than usual. All eight medical wings fold up into spikes as a few sparks are given off at the result of a few energy emitter lenses shatter at the sudden movement, with out me knowing my expression changes to shock as I feel as if a thousand high energy plasma swords pierce every inch of my wings as my back feels them slide in unevenly, rubbing up against my insides in an unnatural manner just before they enter the pocket universe. Liquid magic gushes everywhere behind me as the alarm going off in my head grows louder as I lose an alarming amount of liquid. Before I lose too much I deploy the only wing set I have operational. Two large white feathered wings spring out my back covered in liquid magic and a bit of fire as I scream in pain. The wings themselves seem to glow majestically given the lighting of the white snow that surrounds me as I lay on my knees with steam coming up from the melted ice around me. Unknown to me, tears start to fall from my face. I do an internal scan of my wings, as it would seem that every barb on every feather is in fact a low power subatomic gravity jet with the barbules attached to them function as a reinforced hook structure to maintain beauty and the aerodynamics of the wing in a more natural sense. The file name of this wing set changes to "Angel Wings" for some reason, as if it was a hidden message with in my own code. These wings may have countless gravity thrusters on them but their not as effective in making hard turns as my high speed assault wings as well as no weapon systems and an estimated max speed of 50,000 MPH, this information would have been good to know earlier.

"W-weAell...l-lets begiiiin." I say with a massive cough at the end of that sentence. More liquid magic is lost, causing a slight loss of technological effectiveness. I slowly lift off the ground with my legs motionless, as if the two wings are lifting a dead body floating a few feet off the ground. I straiten my back and position myself to have a low speed flight path. I slowly fly towards a faint life signature a 8 miles away. After 2 and a half hours I see the life form on the ground. I kill the power to the jets and try and flap my wings, but my wing sockets are damaged from the last time I switched wings, I wince in pain as liquid magic gushes out my back as I fall abruptly to the ground. I look up at the life form before me. It's Necra looking at me with horror.

"S? I-I found her..." said Necra in a descending tone. Thats right she has a biological radio inside her brain, she could use it to communicate with Alpha Base and by extension the Sirus if she can change her internal frequency. To do this however she may need some kind of artificial modification.

"Y-Ou...cAAAme foR mE...t-thank yOU..." I say to her as Necra begins to shed a few tears.

"You really scared me you know that?" she said in a firm tone.

"I-I must dO whAAAt simply mUst be dOne...t-t-to ensure the SAFTy of life...ANd FUrther my scIEntIfIc A-advAAncEmEEnts..." I say with distortion in my voice, power loss is becoming at dangerously low levels. I check my core status, My dark energy core is stable and operating at 100% capacity.

"I called Alpha Base, the civilians are safe, but it'll be a while for one of you ships to be here. S said that the teleportation grid shorted out due to a power surge, so we half to wait for one for you ships to pick us up." said Necra, I remain silent but change my position to siting on the icy ground as I look at her with my blood covered face. One of my eyes is even cracked with my vision in that eye having errors as well as one of my scanners being internally shredded and blinking red. My hair is messy, drenched in snow and blood, and burnt off in some areas as well as my skin being burnt off showing the underlay of skin but not the Dileoum covering. Under it all I make a relived expression but yet I still don't smile.

"You...really cleared the weather with your cannon huh?" said Necra noting the clouds finally get thick and heavy enough to start snowing...I notice my earlier calculation was incorrect...I...must be more damaged then I thought.

"Y-yes...thOUgh I DiD destroy a mOUntAIN alOOOOng with a lArgE pOOrtIOn of the stORm...I- need to be rebOOted...a-and soon..." I say with that last part of that sentence being said in a noticeably sad tone.

"What happens when you reboot?" asked Necra with concern.

"My CPU was damaged bY Epsilon's DARk mA-A-Agic...I-I need to a-ACtivate the failsafe B-before my pERsOONality matrix fAILs...I-I can already start to feel myself slipping away..." I say as a few protocols become corrupt. Necra looks at me in pure horror at the very idea of a consciousness being eradicated from existence.

"S! whats the ETA!" said Necra in a panicled tone. After a few moments she nods and says "We have 24 minutes..."

"I hAve 56...thOUgh I COOOUld be wra-wra-wrong." I say with much distortion.

"Can't you reboot here?" asked Necra in concern.

"I-I nEED to be c-connec-c-cted to the mAInfrAIm..." as soon as I finish that statement a small explosion happens in my left arm, it gets ripped from my body, severing the wiring and power to the limb. Blood spatters everywhere as Necra casts a force field to keep my liquid magic blood inside of me.

"Don't you die on me!" said Necra in a desperate tone. She notices my arm is few feet from my body, the Dileoum plating and structure is completely fine as all of my limbs are detachable, but the mechanism that locks it into place appears to be covered in a dark acidic cloud that seems to be slowly eating away at the insides.

"D-dark magic acid spell...s-she must have had that spell a-active when she w-was st-t-tab-bing me...spreading through my body like cancer..." I say with surprisingly little distortion but in a weak tone.

"That’s why you need to get to the lab..." said Necra, fallowed by silence.

"I...don't want to die..." I say suddenly with a single tear fall down my emotionless face. The drop ship arrives a few minutes later, Necra takes me and my arm onto the ship.

"Take us back to Alpha Base as fast as you can!" yelled Necra to S. S doesn't fallow her orders but finds that doing this be the most recommended corse of action with being the automated code of protocols he is. The drop ship jolts forward through me and Necra back towards the wall. Seeing that S has had a chance to analyze my current status we should get back to base sooner then expected. Necra secures me on one of the seats while holding my arm with her magic.

"Where's a cooler?" asked Necra assuming my arm needs to be cooled to prevent decomposition.

"Y-you have no need to do that..." I say in a weak tone.

"If I don't refrigerate it soon then it'll die!" said Necra in concern for my well being.

"M-my arm cAn bEE rEAtatched a-AT a-a-any time...re-guardless of how mUUUch time passsssses." I say to reassure her.

"Well is their anything I can do?" Said Necra

"A-all yOU ca-a-an do is take me to THE roboooootics lab IN the Sirus, we've bEEEN thEre befo-ore..." I explain to her.

"Oh yes, I remember now, it was on the other side of that waiting room right?" asked Necra, still a bit worried.

"Yes." I say to her. After a few minutes we feel the ship slowing down, Necra looks out the window to see we have entered the cargo bay. The door opens to reveal 4 sentinels only to shoot me with their tractor beams and wisp me off to the robotics lab. Necra desperately runs after me during transport out of worry. We soon make it to the robotics lab, I get hooked up to the frame just as I was before, except this time a robotic arm from the ceiling moves down and positions itself above my head. Two wires slither out of the arm's tip and make their ways into the plugs next to the cooling vents on either side of my head. A hologram appears between me and Necra indicating my current status.

"A-activate emergency CPU preservation failsafe now, and cleanse me of all foreign magics." I say with little distortion as possible so the automated system program knows what I want to be done. A progress bar appears on the hologram between me and Necra, it reads 1% and slowly rising. I shut down automatically so the failsafe can take place.

Author's Note:

Liquid magic is in a way, Serena's blood.

=======================================================

Teleportation Grid
Pocket Universe

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

PreviousChapters Next