• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,869 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,869

PreviousChapters Next
[11] A New Assistant

======

The White Changeling Queen

I am Queen Necra of the only changeling hive known to exist peacefully in Equestria between the jungle and the forrest under a dead tree, yet nopony is allowed to go near the hive after the Canterlot wedding incident. My lings are slowly dieing as our love supply dwindles. I get back to the hive from the meeting of the nations, though most were indifferent of my return. After a long day I decide to go to bed, I enter my room, its large dimly lit room with a green glowing crystal hanging from the ceiling and a pile of hay being my bed, I decide to lay down and think about what the alien means for changelings...maybe attention will be shifted to them and away from us, giving me a chance to reveal our kind can be peaceful and just as lovable as ponies. I hear some one come in, with what I've heard about betrayal within the hive I stay quiet and pretend to be asleep but ready to teleport away to the surface.

"You have failed your hive for the last time my Queen...for we can never have peace with their kind..." whispered my general, I see the shadow of him raising a knife above me ready to stab me to death. I teleport to the surface, unfortunately their are a few guards up here as well, they chaise me as I flee the scene and head to the one place I might have a slim chance of survival, Ponyville. My changelings chase me on a hot pursuit through the jungle, I fly low to get cover from the trees as I fly north, if I can make it out of the jungle I should be safe from them...if I'm not seen by ponies. The guards must have alerted the Hive, now my most elite warriors are chasing me, they fire beams at me from the sky, one of them however flies into the forrest to get a better angel at hitting me with his magic, I recognize this area, I'm in range to teleport to a near by pond, I teleport to the pond to buy me some more time. It takes a few moments for the guards in the sky to realize where I am, I take this opportunity to hide under a tree and activate my camouflage, but seeing that I will soon be caught I take my chances and continue to fly north as fast as I can. The guards continue to chase me through the forrest, ever decreasing in tree density. I soon make it out of the forrest but not before one of the guards managed to hit me in the leg, I throw myself forward in the air sending me hundreds of feet forward at tremendous speeds out of the forrest. This is pony territory and even the general wouldn't dare going farther. The guards retreat back into the forrest as I continue forward.

======

Serena

A few weeks have passed sense the meeting of the nations and Alpha base is completed along with a radio network that connects a few cities near by Ponyville and Canterlot, those ponies are slow learners. Just outside of Ponyville is a black cylindrical wall that is 300 feet tall, on top of the wall is a walkway that is 50 feet wide with thick titanium railing on either side, on the outer railing is a bubble shield generator that keeps the base secure from aerial assaults and can withstand up to 70 million pounds of force per square inch. It is invisible to the naked eye but can be seen when force is acted upon it, similar to my overshield. The base has 1 entrance that points towards Ponyville with a dirt road leading to the village, it is a large electrical and carbon nanotube door that is 5 feet thick and is only closed when in combat. Within the wall is a large flat area that acts as the landing pad for the Sirus. Along side the wall are various houses, these belong to no one, but they are their to supply guests with a place to stay. Under Alpha Base is a large and still under construction laboratory that is accessible through 4 gravity lifts built into the ground next to the wall in a X pattern, giving the entrance 2 equally distant directions to go to the lab should a life form choose to go there with authorization. Each gravity lift is built parallel to watch towers built into the wall outside the base armed with a large array of turrets. Next to Alpha base is an observatory that is being built, this requires some fortifications but not as many as Alpha Base. At the current moment it has an appearance of a cylinder made of wood with concrete being poured inside of it to make the main structure. I stand in the bridge near the ring platform of the Sirus accessing the newly formed Alpha Base computer network. I've done some research in this time, those bug creatures from the meeting are changelings. The camera that shows the entrance shows a few ponies coming in and out, the day went smoothly with no interruptions...until now...the scanners pick up a changeling life sign disguised as a pony, it appears to be wounded and limping towards the entrance, I send in a few medical sentinels down to her, when they get to her she is passed out at the front door as her disguise fails on her. The sentinels take her to the medical bay on the Sirus, I set my timer to check on her in 10 hours. I decide not to inform Twilight of this as it is currently 9:56 PM.

======

9 hours later

The changeling wakes up in a bed sluggishly, to be surprised as she takes in her surroundings. The room is gray with the bed she laying comfortably on seems to feel like a cloud, but yet it's not. She notices she has a bandage on her hind legs with green blood staining it. On the walls are regeneration pods. The room has a few shelfs with medical supplies on them against the wall and an automated door on the wall in front of her, it opens, inside are many more shelfs with medical supplies. A pink sentinel with 4 arms equipped with precision energy emitters and a single glowing blue light in the center, floats in front of her. The changeling's heart rate begins to rise at the thought of being dissected as she notices the large assortment of robotic arms tipped with advanced medical tools hanging from the ceiling, but yet she is not being restrained and the arms are not being used. I get a notification of the changeling's awakening from the medical sentinel and make my way there.

"W-what are you going to do to me..." asked the changeling queen nervously.

"We don't want to hurt you dearie, Master saw you at our doorstep and told us to bring you here sense you were hurt pretty badly." said the sentinel in a worrisome tone. The queen sighs in relief, yet is surprised that the sentinel before her had a voice like that of a 70s waitress in the USA from Britain.

"Thank you...Mis...?" said the queen in a puzzled tone.

"I'm Nurse Rosy, head medical sentinel." said Rosy.

"I am Queen Necra...well...n-not anymore I suppose..." said Necra in a descending tone.

"I'm sorry to hear that dearie...are you in any pain? We don't have all the data on your anatomy so we can't heal you with the regeneration pods." explained Nurse Rosy.

"N-no its fine..." said the queen not expecting this level of kindness let alone emotions coming from a machine, yet it is hard to determine this as she does not have a face. I walk in to greet my guest, she notices me.

"You..." she said as she remembers me from the meeting.

"Hello Queen Necra." I say to her.

"Hey...I...I...don't think my hive wants me back any time soon...please don’t send me back. said Necra with a few tears falling from her eyes.

"I have gained little information about how your species lives relative to what I have seen on this planet, your way of life is reminiscent to a bee hive, you are the queen, the workers, the warriors, and their’s a king which I assume was your general?" I ask her.

"Yes but...he tried to kill me...and turned my hive against me...I never had a daughter so they will try and kidnap me so their can be a new queen." said Necra.

"If what you said is true then they may try and infiltrate Ponyville to try and gather information on the fortifications, the likelihood of a successful hostile take over of Alpha Base is well below 1%" I say to reassure her.

"What is this place?" she asked, getting up from her bed, she is slightly taller then Celestia, reaching my neck in hight.

"Welcome to the Sirus, we're docked at Alpha Base just outside of Ponyville." I say to her.

"I've always been fascinated by technology...I was never all that good with magic, but I've always wanted to make an airship of my own. I...never got the chance what with my responsibilities as queen...Guess I was never really a good queen so...can I...work with...you? Like...be your...assistant?" asked Necra with an increasingly nervous tone as she looks at me with a sad yet hopeful look in her eyes.

"Having a changeling queen could prove to be very useful in the future...I...don't see anything wrong with you being my assistant." I said, calculating her uses for the benefit of gaining scientific knowledge and missions...but yet I feel something else that makes me feel like I should accept her offer, I do not know what.

"Thank you Serena...my kind has never been shown your hospitality...and I'm grateful for your offer." she said to me as she blushes a little, strange.

"Your welcome...Necra, I look forward to achieve peace to this planet one day with you at my side, you may be the catalyst to clearing changeling racism." I say to her, she smiles as a single tear falls from her face in joy.

"Can I..." she stated, I get a reading on my HUD that I'm being scanned by her...I didn't know these life forms were even capable of this...these changelings must be more biologically developed then I thought. I look at her, waiting for a moment for her to continue. "Oh...never...mind?" she said in a puzzled tone.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Changelings feed off of love in order to survive and grow stronger over time...you said you were a robot, yet you have a spirit...and yet it has very little emotional activity." she explained to me.

"I...have a...soul?" I say with a small spark of surprise, I look down at the floor in with my facial expression changing to shock with out me realizing it, I start to feel...sad...I-I don't know why...a-as if I've done something...unforgivable...

======

Luna

Luna was released from the hospital a few days ago with a few large scars all over her body, her belly and back are riddled with burn scars with the fur that grows above it not even there. Her wings are fully healed but she feels pain all over them as their use is not advised. The left half of Luna's face is covered with scars and the fur on that side is also uneven with her left eye being bloodshot with even that side of her horn having the outer bone layer being burned off, exposing her tender nerves underneath, she has a bloody bandage around it. Luna's once graceful ethereal mane being scattered and uncut, the once neat stars in it are dim and weak. Luna has been informed of my objective and has been updated with the events over the past few weeks. As of now she stands at the edge of a cliff near Canterlot Castle with her sights on Ponyville, waiting for her carriage.

Author's Note:

Regeneration pod "regen pod"
Installation

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

PreviousChapters Next