• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,867 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,867

PreviousChapters Next
[12] Angel Wars: Episode XII - Return of The Princess of Darkness

Author's Note:

Yes the name of this chapter is in fact a Star Wars reference.

=======================================================

Aperture Labs

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

A long time ago relative to our perception of time in our universe in a galaxy inside a universe very far away...

======

Luna

Luna's carriage is ready and she gets in.

"Take me to Ponyville." she said in a commanding tone. One of her guards that pulls the carriage stepped up and said, "Your Highness, are you sure that is a good idea?".

"Did I stutter?", she said in a fearful tone. Obeying, the guards fly her to Ponyville. However when she got comfortable she notices something different about her carriage. It has a few buttons, dials and a small screen on the new dashboard. She presses one of the buttons and it starts to play music to her surprise. She turns it off, as she does not want to be disturbed by the trivial form of entertainment. About 10 miles out from Ponyville she can see Alpha Base. From there it still looks rather large even at this distance.

Luna hears a voice from the radio once more, "You are entering restricted airspace. Due to your previous activity, you are not authorized to enter Ponyville or Alpha Base. Turn back now or you will be shot down."

Luna feels outraged by the fact she is not allowed to go to a location so close to Canterlot, let alone her own kingdom. "Humf! You're bluffing!" she called on their bluff ...her reply however was with a single small seeker missile, built for long range, heading straight for them. It's about the size of a filly. The guards take a hard right to dodge the missile. It misses, however it is still on their tail. Luna fires a magic laser to make it explode. She turns back towards Ponyville only to see 5 more seeker missiles.

"TURN BACK!", yelled Luna as the guards turn around to go back to Canterlot. Seeing that they need to abandon the carriage, Luna frees the guards from their latches and jumps out before a missile impacts the carriage sending it into a violent ball of fire with still 4 more missiles on their tail. They take evasive maneuvers while they fly away from Ponyville.

======

Serena

I stand motionlessly in the lounge contemplating what this changeling said...S interrupts my thoughts with a message.

"Hostile life form designation "Luna" has entered Alpha Base airspace. Automatic defenses activated." said S from the intercom.

"N-no!...don't...I...just don't kill anyone..." I said surprised at my sudden outburst of worry. Necra looks at me a bit worried as well.

"Are...you alright? Do you want me to get you anything?" said Necra in concern.

"N-no...i-it's fine....S, what did you fire at her?", I said regaining my composure.

"1 seeker missile. It was destroyed, as a result 5 more were launched." said the ship's automated system program.

"That's going to kill them, intercept the missiles with laser fire. I want one shot per missile as to minimize the possible fatalities.", I say as an image of the action is displayed on a near by holographic projector. All at once, blue and white beams of light fire at all 5 missiles making them all explode at once. Luckily, the debris will not impact a populated area. A few seconds pass.

"No fatalities detected, Luna and her escorts are flying towards Ponyville at above average speeds." said S.

"I want Alpha Base on lockdown. Set turrets to stun. Aim only at Luna if she comes within 1,000 feet of the wall.", I say remaining cautious on this dangerous pony.

"Affirmative", said S in response.

"Why are you so hostile towards Luna?", asked Necra.

"She tried to kill me 3 times. On the 3rd time however, I used lethal force. I'm the reason why she was in the hospital for the past few weeks", I say to her. She looks at me with confusion.

"But...why would she do that? What did you do to her?", asked Necra.

"Nothing. However she must have some relationship to the Moon. After I tested out my neutrino cannons on it, she lost her mental stability and attacked me with lethal force. So I did the same with the intent on incapacitating her.", I explain.

"Glad you're on my side, right?" she said.

"Yes, why don't you look around. I need to go to the Aperture Labs to oversee the structural integrity of the area.", I say returning to normal. That question still lingers in the back of my mind. Do I have a soul? N-no...artificial souls are built for...w-what was it......I-I need to think... I exit the room leaving Necra alone.

======

Luna

Luna and her two guards land in the outskirts of northern Ponyville. They fly low to the ground and fly towards Twilight's castle. Twilight however is enjoying a good romance book with Spike and Starlight in the library. They are soon greeted with a panting Luna and two bat pony guards in doorway. They look at Luna with mixed reactions.

"Luna!...how uh NICE it is to see you... y-you look tired. Why don't ..." said Twilight nervously only to be interrupted by Luna herself.

"That pice of shit fired fire crystals at me!", said Luna with an outburst of anger. A sentinel floats into the room with a black coat of paint with white strips and 4 arms each tipped with complex robotic hands.

"That would be the seeker missiles your highness." said the butler sentinel in a perfect British accent. Luna turns to it and lunges with rage in her eyes, only for the sentinel to dodge.

"Please do-" he began only to be interrupted by Luna firing a laser at him. The energy fizzled out as it came in contact with an oval shaped force field that surrounds the sentinel.

"I would appreciate if you didn't do that Princess." he said in an annoyed tone.

"Do you work for HER!?" asked Luna, clearly pissed and not entirely sane.

"I was a gift to mistress Twilight to serve her and keep an eye on Starlight, and please try not to make an idiot of yourself while you're here, unless of course you want to be killed -- then by all means.", he said to her. Insulted by her mere presence and lack of respect, Twilight walks over to Luna.

"Princess?" she asked in concern.

"...S-sorry...I seem to be a bit...aggressive..." she said calming down.

"Well you did try and kill Serena 3 times." said Spike bluntly.

"I...must apologize for my rash behavior...it was wrong of me to do that to her.", said Luna.

"I've been informed that Alpha Base is on lockdown.", said the butler sentinel.

"Thank you Mr?" said Luna trailing off for the sentinel to introduce himself.

"Reginald." said Reginald.

"Yes...I...suppose I could contact Serena through one of those...what was that talking box thing called again?" said Luna not knowing what a radio is.

"The radio?" suggested Twilight.

"Yes the radio. Could I use that?", she asked.

"Oh sure. It's over there on that table. Spike why don't you show her how to use it?", said Twilight as she points to a small black box with an antenna poking out of it. Spike obliges and take her over to the radio.

"Ok so just turn this dial to change the station, if you wanna listen to music. But, if you wanna set it to CB mode, just press this button.", said Spike as he points to the dials and buttons. He presses a button and it changes to CB mode. A holographic projector emits a selection of contacts available to call. Each have the name of the contact in a rectangle with an icon next to it that indicates how good the reception is. Since a radio tower is built into Twilight's damaged castle, it's perfect for the radio network. Luna is impressed at this pony friendly user interface.

"You touch the contact you want call." explained Spike. Luna notices at the top of the contact list is Alpha base, it's labeled under A.

"So, I can talk to Serena from here just by touching this light?", asked Luna amazed at this new technology.

"I know right? It's pretty cool." said Spike agreeing with her. Luna lifts her right hoof and drifts it over the contact list, inches away from the projection. Even more surprising, the contact she hovers her hoof over lights up as it has been highlighted but not selected. She touches the Alpha Base contact and the hologram disappears. The radio gives off a few beeps as it calls Alpha Base.

======

Necra

Necra is currently in the bridge looking at the strange ring in the center of the hard light platform she is standing on. She stumbles for a moment only to be pulled in the circular gap in the platform. The ring that once encircled the inner gap of the platform rotates and moves as Necra is suspended in a contained zero gravity field. The ring splits into 2 parts and surround her in an X pattern as the cross in thin rings follows her eyes. The rings themselves glow blue and appear to not obscure her vision of the outside world beyond the large window before her. She soon finds a large display of information. In the center of her vision, where the two rings meet, is a blue circle that indicates where the front mounted cannons are aiming. It blinks red as they have been deactivated. She also gets 16 dots on the edge of either side of her vision that indicate the current status of the side mounted turrets that have also been deactivated. On the top of her vision is a blue bar that represents the Sirus's shield strength. It reads 100%. The sentinels and life forms that surround the Sirus are highlighted with small blue dots that indicate they are not hostile. At the bottom of her vision on is a display of information of the ship's current status like in the X Caliber all of this information is given off by the 2 rings that surround her. Mass projections appear in front of her, a steering wheel with a red button in the center and 2 handles floating next to it that are stationary to the center wheel steer the ship, various buttons and levers appear around her that control the ship's systems. Not knowing what to do and yet completely baffled at the sight of the sheer complexity of this user interface, she simply does nothing.

"Uh...w-what?" was all she could say. Necra notices most of the controls that are in front of her are locked as the words "Locked" appear on the HUD indicating she can not simply fly away. A box appears in front of her. It's a picture of Luna. They both stare at each other for a few seconds.

"I-It's not what it looks like. I was just looking around and I fell into this hole, and all of these lights came on!" said Necra as to not get a negative reaction from Luna. Luna's expression changes to pained as she facehoofs out of the stupidity she is witnessing.

"Twiiiiiliiiiiight...come over here!" said Spike in such a way that would resemble a child saying, "I need an adult.". Twilight walks over and sees Necra in the cockpit of the Sirus.

"What are you doing!?" she yelled, infuriated that a changeling managed to get inside Alpha Base, let alone the Sirus. But what she sees is a confused changeling queen that has a panicked expression on her face.

PreviousChapters Next