• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,864 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,864

PreviousChapters Next
[27] Remastered Biology

Nova has watched Serena's progress from the background disgusted as a pony. When the time came for Serena to take the Sirus to the ruins of the Crystal Empire, she warped her to the surface like everyone else. 4 days have past and things returned to normal for everyone. As of now Shining Armor has been purified by the crystal heart and apologized to Serena for his actions. Now he resides at the fully restored Crystal Empire with his family. Serena and Necra are back at Alpha Base inside the now finished observatory with Nova being completely invisible lurking in the darkness, watching their every move to gain as much data as possible. The events of episode 25 and 26 have taken place with in that time frame. To stay as cannon as possible the events that took place in those episodes did not interfere with Alpha Base operations.

Alpha Base Observatory

Serena

I stand in a large dome shaped room with a large mirror based telescope with a computer monitor next to the eye piece operated by touch and holographic controls to lock on to any celestial body captured by the scan data of the real night sky. The walls are made from wood with a strength enchantment to last longer before it needs to be replaced. The domed ceiling is composed of polished iron with a door that leads straight down the middle of the it for the telescope to use when the sun sets. A chair is attached to the telescope with an eye piece with attached monitor in front of it. Built into the walls are book shelfs for a large array of astronomy based books to be placed. Due to this observatory being finished only 2 days ago all the shelfs are empty. Under us is a server room for a relatively primitive super computer that can simulate various astronomical events and store the captured data from the scanner and the telescope. The telescope itself has a brown color to it with a black and silver rod shaped object attached to it's side covered with various wires and components, this is a long range scanner that trades off it's wide scanning radius for range, this of corse also leads to more detailed scan data. Behind me is a door that leads to a lounge area, Necra walks in.

"Hey Serena, do you know anything about what's been going on lately?" she asks me.

"No, what do you mean?" I ask as I haven't left Alpha Base in 4 days. To answer my question Necra simply turns on the radio in her headset and sets it to speaker mode.

"Well helllllOOOO meres and stallions! Commen at you live from 4.06 The Wolf. Lately we've had talk of the higher ups negotiating with our newest allies, the Changeling Hive! Now, from what I've heard their leader was just a drone that accepted ponies as friends, but then some freaky magic stuff happened and now he's king! I know weird right? And that's not all, he, 2 other ponies, and even the Lord of Chaos himself DISCORD went to Queen Chrysalis's hive to get back the princesses and the ELEMENTS OF HARMONY from their hive! Now, I know what your thinking...how did this possibly lead Equestria and the changelings to be all buddy buddy? Well I don't know the details but word is, they actually learned to SHARE love and not just store it for themselves. I have NO IDEA how any of that works but I think some one's a bit crazy to trust them so quickly. Here's some music for all those sci fi nerds out there." Necra cuts it out.

"It's a recording I made from the radio, it played a few minutes ago." says Necra as she looks at me puzzled, wanting my opinion on the matter.

"But...if you share the very magic that keeps you alive, how can you have enough for yourself to remain functional?" I say as I run a few simulations in my head in matter of milliseconds only for 2 out of 100 to be successful, but only by a small amount. Perhaps I need more data to understand why and how this happened.

"You...think I should share it...with you?" says Necra as she approach's me with a slight blush.

"O-only if you think it would be best..." I say as my chest starts to heat up once more.

"Ok..." says Necra, tensing up and puffing out her chest to release her love to me.

"N-not yet! We need to go to the lab first...if your love supply reaches dangerously low levels...I could inject you with the love magic that was captured from the crystal heart." I say with a bit more emotion then expected. Necra smiles deeply as she looks at me with genuine positive emotion.

"Alright...lead the way." she says to me.

"Teleport: Central Research Center." I say loud and clear enough for the automated system program to teleport us to the same room where the crystal heart was before. The tanks in the side of the room have been emptied and filled with large amounts of love magic that glow pink and blue inside them. As I step forward the pedestal in the center of the room slides into the floor as it flattens around it. The wires and pipes disconnect from it as they slide into the floor. After this process completes the floor materializes above it. One of the many arms above this area folds down to aim a beam emitter at the floor, it suddenly glows pink, charged with love magic.

"Please...stand here first...If you die I can use this beam to revive you." I say as I turn to her with a slightly worried expression.

"Thank you...Serena." she says as I step back away from the platform. She steps on it and takes a deep breath.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yes..." just as she finishes that statement she takes off her headset and gauntlets, she then levitates them over to one of the tables. After this she begins to glow pink. The glow grows brighter and brighter all with in a few seconds until she gives off a soft shockwave, and releases her magic in a single direction, me. By the time I could react I get enveloped into the love magic, I kneel down out of pain as my programing starts to evolve beyond my control. My mind starts to hurt as I clench it and scream. The glow subsides but the pain remains, less intense then before but subsiding fast, I look up at Necra. Only for her to look completely different. Her body structure is the same as it was before but the holes with in her legs are gone as her previously jagged horn is now straightened and sharp to the tip with a crystalline color. Her wings are reminiscent to transparent butterfly wings, detailed with blue isosceles triangles with their pointed tips aiming inwards with their bases vanishing into the almost fairy like structure of her wings. Scattered though her wing structure are faint veins that glow pink with love magic. Her mid section of her torso that of now a single blue stripe that wraps around her body like a corset. Her skin is still white as it was before, like the clouds of a gentle snowy day. Her tail seems to spout out of her flank like a fast growing snow flake. The process competes, giving it the appearance of a flowing trail of foggy snow storm, radiating disintegrating flacks of snow flack like sparks of magic. At the same time steams of pink lights sprout through her tail like a leaf bringing life to a tree. A mane grows atop her head of the same style with small sparks of pink lights radiating from with in. Necra opens her eyes to reveal they haven't changed at all.

"W-what?" she says as she recollects herself with surprising little to no pain due to the sudden biological change.

"You...evolved." I say as their is ultimately little I can say in this situation.

"I feel...so happy. You've done so much for me...I-I can't even begin to thank you..." says Necra as she smiles at me greatly at me and me alone.

"I did...what was logical..." I say as that was why I wanted her as an assistant at first, but now...I think it's something more. I can feel my programing becoming increasingly more complex. I get a pop up on my HUD.

Emotions now at 100%
<<<WARNING! CPU OVERHEAT DETECTED>>>

I open the vents on the side of my head, shooting hot air down behind my shoulders. Necra notices this as my face must be red by the overheating of my CPU.

"Your so cute when you do that." blurted Necra as she blushes a little at the sudden outburst. I recoil back slightly as I look at her surprised.

"You...think so?" I say as Necra offer me her hoof, I take it as she pulls me up. I stand my full hight but yet I find myself in close proximity to Necra. We gaze into each others eyes for what seems like forever when in reality we stop after 36.2 seconds. During this time I feel Necra's hoof gently slide against my back as she guides her hoof around the base of my wings. I start to blush greatly as she does this...it feels...so...r-right. Necra presses her now soft lips against mine as we embrace in a deep kiss. She gently presses her tongue into my mouth, I let her long, thin, and smooth tongue explore it. My pleasure sensors start to activate, giving me a new tingly sensation between my legs. I moan a little at this, not knowing what is to happen if I let this new feeling continue. Suddenly we hear a beep from the intercom as the automated system program speaks.

"Proximity warning, unknown biological anomaly detected with in the perimeter, anomaly is requesting your presence." says S, Necra pulls out and lets me go from her embrace

"Y-yes...i-it would be best I investigate..." I say a bit disappointed that we were interrupted, as well as my pleasure sensors subside.

"Of corse...yes! Right! Um, yeah let's go." says Necra in a nervous tone. She puts on her headset and gauntlets. We walk out of the observatory and leap off the ground with Necra close behind. Suddenly a strange unknown life form appears in front of us, his body is reminiscent of a snake with the limbs of various mythological creatures. I recoil back and activate my targeting system, ready to attack.

"Hello, I don't believe we've met...I'M DISCORD! The lord of chaos and disharmony!" says the draconequus as he displays fireworks composed of water behind him to make his introduction more dramatic.

"Then why did you befriend with the elements of harmony?" asks Necra who makes Discord stop dead in his tracks at the logic.

"W-well...I'm not here for technicalities...but I must ask you this...do you feel that?" says Discord as his tone changes to serious from nervous unexpectedly while he points in the direction of Jupiter. The sky is mostly clear with a few clouds above us.

Nova

A few seconds ago

I stand a few feet away from Serena and Necra inside the central research center inside a domed stealth felid that makes me invisible and impossible to hear. I suddenly get a warning notification on my HUD.

"Get ready, you know who's coming." says V, at that moment Necra and Serena start to make out. I can't force a teleport out of here with out overloading the dampener. I access the teleportation grid to send me to the surface, in a flash I find myself in Alpha Base. I drop the stealth spell and fly out of the base and land atop a tree just outside of Ponyville.

"Your not going to stop her?" asks V with worry.

"No, they need to how learn to solve their own problems. We mustn't interfere unless Serena or the Elements of Harmony fail." I say as I go over the situation in my head.

"No doubt the Elements will fail." says V with skepticism.

"They might not if they combine forces with Serena." I say with hopes they will learn to work together to stop a foe they thought they defeated.

======

Jupiter

The great red spot swirls violently as it has been for the last 300 years continuously. Suddenly the winds are forced away from the eye of the storm as lightning crackles in all directions. The spectacle is so intense that a sudden growing darkness with violate light in the canter as clouds push against the telekinesis at punishing pressures. Dark magic and dark energy radiating from with in the now destabilized storm. Even the gravity waves of the planet itself ripple out of the sheer power with in it. The storm explodes, sending gas in all directions into the vacuum of space with the echo of pained laughter from a corrupted metastable AI. Hellbent on collecting dark energy cores.

Author's Note:

I do not condone Clopfics. But I do however accept it if and only if the sex is lead by a real relationship that we, as the viewers get to see evolve over time. But know this my dear viewers, this story's focus will ALWAYS be the progration of the story itself. So you have no need to worry.

PreviousChapters Next