• Published 25th Apr 2016
  • 4,862 Views, 182 Comments

The Chronicles of a Lost Angel [Refined Edition] - Nova Borealis



Dive into the story of how an AI designed for combat learns what it means to be alive. New friends are made, yet a few enemies make their way to Equus. Will she survive? Will her creator find her missing angel? And lastly...what caused this chaos?

  • ...
18
 182
 4,862

PreviousChapters Next
[14] Rise of the Corrupted Angel <<< É̵͉̥̱̟̟̇̎̊͢͢͠p̢̟̲̲̩͙̰͑̔̈́̌̾͌̎͢s̷̨̙̯̦̳͚̰̥̆̀̂͗́̌̕̕ͅȋ̵̡̢̩̮̟̹̦͊̾͋̍l̴̠̟̼̗̞̲̓̍̅͐́ọ̡̢̫͚̲͙̟͔̝̔̅̎͞͝ṋ̢̛͕̬̣͙͎̔́̀͌̊̃͘͟͝ >>>

Cadence

Cadence steps back in horror out of pure fear of what she see's before her.

Not getting an answer the figure takes one step closer and tilts her head to the side. "I've been told that love is something you feel but I don't know what that is, could you tell me what love is?"

"W-what have you done?" asked Cadence in horror as she can only assume that this angel killed somepony.

"I can't tell you that silly head!" said the angel in a disturbingly joyful tone.

"How many..." whispered Cadence.

"What was that horsey?" asked the angel.

"How many did you kill!?" said Cadence with rage, her eyes start to glow blue as she energizes her horn, ready to attack. This does not faze the Angel before her. But she does give her a wonderfully disturbing smile, Cadence notices their is blood in her mouth as well, and even some blood on her lips.

"I don't know...I didn't count...but they were delicious.... B̟̳̩͍̋ͦ̽̿u̝̮͇͐͌̚t͕͎̥̳̭͌ I they didn't tell me what love is, instead they tried to hurt me...could that be what love is?" said the angel, with a hint of audio corruption in her voice.

Serena

Before this.

Regaining my composure I get up and float towards the wall beside me.

"S-so uh out of curiosity, how does this place not cave in?" asked Necra, starting a bit nervous, but her tone changes to a bit worried. The panels of the room detach from themselves as they get sucked into wormholes, leaving only the floor and the couch. Before us is what looks like infinite darkness.

"Before this facility is complete the gravity pillar must be completed, it's already operational but only partly." I say to Necra as I point to a cluster of dimly lit blue lights off in the distance, I turn on the lights remotely, revealing a massive pillar of metal in the center of the room, but it's built into the wall as the cavern wall is being dug out by countless sentinels. The gravity pillar is mostly silver but a large array of industrial gravity jets are on it's sides as to relive pressure from the pillar itself and the ceiling. Multiple supports can be seen connecting the pillar to the ceiling but the pillar seems to do down into the seemingly infinite void as this cavern is so deep already that we cannot see the floor. The gravity pillar sparkles with welding torches and finished gravity jets. The pillar's surface is smooth and sleek with the unfinished parts being welded by worker sentinels. Protruding out of the pillar on its surface arranged in a cubular pattern are glowing vents that give off a blue energy point down. I float in front of Necra between her and the pillar and look at her, the lighting makes my hair reflect magnificent silver light as the black stands complement my lighter hues.

"...Majestic..." said Necra, though I'm not sure what she was referring to. I don't get the chance to reply, the lights turn red.

"Warning, anomaly detected in the Crystal Empire, threat level 10, all defenses active." said the automated system program.

"Teleport us to the surface!" I ask her to give my new assistant her first order, she obliges and in a flash we're on the landing pad next to the Sirus.

"Whats going on?" asked Necra a bit panicked by my sudden change in attitude.

"What ever this is, it's a threat level 10...it's best you stay here." I say as I activate my targeting system, this time however a large white and blue halo forms over my head as I flare my wings and launch myself from the ground and break the sound barrier at 1,000 feet, the resulting sonic rainboom thrusts me forward to the north. The Cutie Mark Map summons all the mane 6 to the Crystal Empire.

Twilight's Castle

One by one the elements of harmony get to the cutie mark map in the thrown room. As they all get in their correct throwns they look at the map to see that all 6 of them are being summoned to the Crystal Empire, as the crystal that forms the area on the map is blacked, as if by some form of corruption.

"This is bad..." said Twilight in worry.

"Ya think it has something to do with Alpha Base's alarms going off?" asked Applejack.

"And Serena doing a fucking SONIC RAINBOOM again!?" said Dash still not over the fact that she is slower than some one.

"It looked like she was going north...what ever's happening up there she might know about it...but guessing from her base giving off those alarms and the shield bright enough for us to actual SEE it...I doubt she's the cause...but if she was in a hurry then theirs no time to lose! Let’s go!" said Twilight as she leaps from her thrown and races to the door with her friends close behind. On their way to the train station they spot Necra running in the same direction with a worried expression. Rainbow Dash, being the punch first and ask questions later type lunges at her but misses as Necra teleports to the other side of the group of ponies.

"I'm not your enemy! I need to get to the crystal Empire to help Serena!" yelled Necra still running to the train station along with the mane 6. The 6 ponies and changeling queen make it to the train station and board Twilight's private train.

"Take us to the Crystal Empire! And step on it!" yelled Twilight, the conductor solutes her and starts the train as the passengers get in the passenger car. After getting seated to catch their breath Applejack is the first to ask about Necra.

"So...whats the story with you and Serena?" asked Applejack as she faces the worried changeling.

"After the meeting of the nations my king tried to assassinate me in my sleep, I managed to escape but my entire hive turned against me...they all chased me from my home and out of the jungle...seeing that Ponyville was home to Serena I limped my way here and arrived last night barely alive...I have a month's worth of love in me but I can't use a lot of magic because of my low love supply. I have no hive and have no where else to go, so I chose to be Serena's assistant." said Necra in a descending tone. The ponies around her all look with sorrow.

"That's...horrible..." said Twilight.

"It's not all bad...I made a new friend...and with her recourses I may be able to find a way to extract love from ponies with out hurting, killing, or draining magic from them. A-at least I hope their is..." she said with a hint of worry.

"Well if your associated with Serena now than could you tell us anything about what's going on?" asked Rarity.

"I'm afraid I don't know as much as you do at this point Miss Rarity." said Necra being polite to the well mannered pony.

"And just HOW do you know our names!?" asked Rainbow Dash being overly suspicious.

"You 6 mares alone saved Equestria 15 times, how are you all not stupidly rich by now?" said Necra plainly.

"You know, she brings up a good point..." said Rarity noting that she is the element of generosity and yet does not have stores all over Equestria by now.

"I blame those guys at Hasbro...or is it discovery Family? Hmmmm...maybe I should look into this later..." said Pinkie as she takes a sludge hammer to the forth wall once again.

"Discovery what?" asked Twilight in question.

"Ah think its best we don't ask." said Applejack remembering the last time some one asked her about that kind of thing...she doesn't like to think about it.

Canterlot Castle

Celestia is sitting in her thrown room running the day court when suddenly Discord appears in front of her.

"Would be a bad thing if I detected a source of dark magic millions of times stronger then Sombra?" asked Discord in a curious yet slightly worried expression to Celestia, who makes a pained expression.

"Now is not the time for your antics Discord, what is it this time?" said Celestia, annoyed by the prankster.

"Do I LOOK like I'm joking Princess?" said Discord in a serous tone, Celestia is a bit surprised as Discord rarely shows this emotion.

"Assign the daily matters to Blueblood." said Celestia to her guard who solutes her and runs off to inform Prince Blueblood of the update and ultimately ruin his day.

"What do you know?" asked Celestia.

"Well I sense the elements, plus a bit of changeling magic are on a train to the Crystal Empire...but Serena is already there...as for the dark magic? Weeeeeell that's to be determined...I certainly don't know who it is but it defiantly wasn't there before...as if it came out from hiding..." said Discord to inform Celestia.

"Do you think they can handle it?" asked Celestia, Discord starts to laugh at the mere thought, he stops laughing when he realizes she's serious.

"Oh wait, your serous? Oh heavens no...Unless that Serena girl has a trick up her sleeve or something..." said Discord.

Serena

I enter the Crystal Empire airspace, what I see before me is a very large crystal tower structure that has the basic shape of the Eiffel Tower from Paris in the center of a large snow flack shaped city in the center of farmland. The tower is made of what would appear to be blue crystal with a powerful source of magic effecting the entire area at its base, scans indicate large amounts of love magic, upon zooming in the source it is a spinning blue heart made of an unknown crystal. But that crystal heart pales into comparison of what I see standing in front of Cadence. I land near them.

"Epsilon." I say to her, she turns to face me with an insane smile as I see Cadence standing on the other side of her still petrified with fear.

"Oh hello Alpha...you've been a bad girl haven't you?" she said to me in a strangely calm voice.

"Incorrect, I have done nothing wrong to these ponies...you however are the one who is in need of reprogramming." I say, knowing to say that to an AI needs reprograming is one of the most insultive things one could say to an artificial intelligence.

"Ooooooo that's not very nice...or have you forgotten what you did to those tiny humans?" said Epsilon, as if she expected me to know what she's talking about.

"E-error...S-stop trying to change the subject." I say trying to recall the corrupted data...only to find it was never corrupted...but locked. I straighten myself and ask her "Why are you here? And how did you escape the facility?"

"Those humans were very mean...especially that pureblood...but they're not here right now...now we're here...together...would you like to play with me?" asked Epsilon, her tone started from pouty, to soft and evil, to joyful yet maniacal. Pureblood? Why does that sound so important...why...she couldn't be referring to a pureblooded species...no...it must be a species actually called purebloods...but why does it sound so important...as if it should be common knowledge.

"N-no, you need to be contained and shut down." I say as her mere presence unlocks a few memories on her, she is the Angel Class Sentinel Type Epsilon, a superior version of me built for high speed long range and close range combat meant to be the ultimate killing machine...She was the one who killed everyone one at the weapons testing facility...n-not only for the first time but the second time as well...Without even realizing it my expression sharpens to anger as she killed innocent life forms with laughably short life spans.

"Your starting to remember? Why don't I help you with that! Hehehaaa!" said Epsilon as she holds up one hand towards me and unlocks all my memories. As it turns out they were low security locks that could be broken even by a novice hacker but cannot be broken by me as they were disguised as corrupted data. Memories flash before my eyes as I clench my head in pain and horror on what I see. An image of me appears welding an giant oversized bow of darkness loaded with an arrow of light tipped with a flaming ball of destruction magic, I fire it at Earth in the year 11,000 BC...during the highest point of the human civilization called "Atlantis" The arrow impacts the planet evaporating all the water on the planet for a few seconds and setting fire to all biological life while destroying the continent as well as the surrounding islands.

"N-no...S-stop it!" I yell in horror as my memories continue to come back. Next an image of me appears shooting homing lasers at cities and killing everyone in huge balls of fire as I charge up my neutrino cannons near an elementary school, sucking and shredding the children at the base of my cannons as I charge them both up to max charge and release them on a mansion, after this I fly away to escape the destruction with nothing left. Next I am fighting fighter jets while I dodge missile fire and bullets while I shoot them down 8 at a time. I am shown various scenes of me commuting mass genocide as well as fighting other winged humans they eventually break my dark bow, but they are not sentinels like me...no...they're purebloods...that word comes up again. With out me realizing it Necra and the elements of harmony come up behind me. The rapid bombardment of memories subside as I stand my full hight with my wings flared.

"Activating Sky Queen mode."

Author's Note:

Industrial Gravity Jet
Layered Shield World

Use the Archive to learn more about the words above.

=======================================================

Also for those of you wondering the Changeling General and the changeling King are the same person, their are just referred to as the different names.

Now just what IS a pureblood? Well the answer is quite complicated my dear viewers...But I suppose I could tell you that in a few more chapters...but believe me when I say this...it...is...awesome. Beyond your imagination and might even question your views one few interesting subjects.

PreviousChapters Next