• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,812 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,812

PreviousChapters Next
Duel 6-The First Horseman

September 13, 2015

It was 5:30 PM. Rainbow Dash was standing in line, carrying a form she had filled out earlier. From her excited expression, one could tell she was pumped. She thought to herself, "Alright, time to wow the crowds with my skills!"

Watching from the crowd was her friends, including Twilight. She was still rattled from last night's events, but she had put them aside to cheer on Rainbow Dash. Next to her were 3 smaller girls, all about Spike's age. One of them, a purple-haired winged girl, waved at Rainbow Dash and said, "Over here!"

Rainbow Dash noticed her and turned around, waving back and saying happily, "Thanks for showing up, Scootaloo! I'm glad all of you could make it to watch me win!" She then grinned.

Scootaloo replied excitedly, "That's the spirit! Show the others who's boss!"

Another face in the crowd, hidden behind sunglasses and carrying a camera, took several pictures, including one of Scootaloo. The person said, "Looks like I found my target."


Rainbow Dash had come in first place in the race. Afterwards, the gang gathered at a pub in Ponyville to celebrate.

The victorious girl said to her friends, "To my friends Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and, of course, Spike, this has been an eventful evening. I wanna thank all of you soooo much for having my back out there. Let's just say I can't wait for the next race to come up. When it does, I'll be sure to win again! Cheers!" The group all then clinked glasses.

Afterwards, at 9:36, Scootaloo began walking back to her home. She said to herself as she rounded a corner onto her street, "I hope I can win races like Rainbow Dash when I'm older."

Suddenly, she heard and felt a metallic clang on the back of her head, and she fell to the ground, unconscious. A woman stood over here, carrying a crowbar. She said to herself, "I wasn't able to drug your drink, so I'll have to knock you out instead." She then picked Scootaloo up in an over-the-shoulder carry and walked to a waiting car down the street.

When she got in, she shoved the unconscious Scootaloo next to her. Her driver said, "Miss Lila Love, where do you wish to go?"

"To the meeting point," she replied. "I'll look through this girl's phone and find Rainbow Dash's number." She then reached into Scootaloo's pockets, trying to find her phone. When she found it, she turned it on and began looking through her contacts. "Even better..." She surprisingly found Twilight's number on Scootaloo's phone. "I'll just call Twilight myself."

As Twilight was talking to Spike at the library, she felt her phone vibrate. She said to Spike, "Hold up a sec, I got a call." She then looked at her phone and answered it, saying, "Hello?"

"Oh hello," Lila Love replied. "This is Twilight Sparkle, right?"

"You don't sound like Scootaloo at all... Who are you?" Twilight seemed worried.

"You can pick her up at the old warehouse near town hall. I'll see you there. Bring your puzzle and your Duel Monsters cards." Lila Love then laughed and hung up.

Twilight immediately stood up and said to Spike, "I need to go somewhere. If I don't make it back by 10:45, call the police." She then ran upstairs.

Spike said, "Where are you going?"

Twilight yelled down, "No time to explain!" She then ran back down, carrying her puzzle and her deck of Duel Monsters cards. "Don't worry, I'll be fine, Spike."

Spike was about to say something, but he just stopped and nodded.


At the warehouse, Twilight drove up in her car, flung open the door, and ran out. When she ran into the empty building, she saw just how decrepit the building was. There were holes in the ceiling, potholes across the floor, and cracks in the cement.

She then noticed a table and 2 chairs near her. She yelled out, "Where are you?!"

Then, Lila Love walked out from the darkness and took a seat at the table. She said, "Come on, take a seat."

Twilight grudgingly took a seat at the table as well, placing her deck down on it. She asked firmly, "Where. Is. Scootaloo?"

Lila Love then pointed and said, "There."

Twilight looked over and gasped in shock. "Oh my God! Scootaloo!"

Scootaloo was suspended from a rope and pulley by her hands held up above her. By now, she was conscious. She said, "Twilight?! Oh thank God you're here!" She then spit on the ground. "That asshole sitting in front of you bonked me in the head with a crowbar and kidnapped me! Kick her ass!"

Then, Lila Love stood up and said, "That's enough out of you." She then walked over with her crowbar and hit Scootaloo 4 more times with it, knocking her out again. "Now, shut up!"

Twilight said, "Why you little..." Suddenly, the puzzle began to glow, and Twilight transformed once more. She stood up and faced Lila Love, saying with anger in her voice, "You will pay!"

The other woman simply replied, "Really?" She then sat back down again and pulled out a deck of cards. "Let's have the cards seal our fate."

"Indeed," Twilight replied. "Be warned, though, this will be no ordinary duel."

"Whatever." She then drew her first card. "To start off, I'll summon Frenzied Panda with 1200 attack." She then placed the card down.

Suddenly, smoke began coming from the card, and Twilight said, "I told you this was no ordinary duel. This is a Shadow Game."

Lila Love said in astonishment, "The cards are alive?! No way!"

Twilight then drew her first card and said, "Now it's my turn. I'll summon Ancient Lizard Warrior with 1400 attack." Just like Frenzied Panda, Ancient Lizard Warrior came to life on the table. "Attack!"

The lizard slashed the panda and killed it, reducing Lila Love's life points by 200.

LILA LOVE: 1800
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 2000

Lila Love said, "This... This is amazing!"

Twilight replied, "To you, it certainly must be. However, whoever loses this game will face a punishment greater than their wildest dreams."

"Good! This is the high-stakes game I've always dreamed of! Bring it on!" Lila Love then cackled.

Twilight thought to herself, "She truly has no idea who she is messing with..."

Lila Love then said, "I'll summon Battle Ox, one of the strongest Beast-Warrior cards in the game with 1700 attack! I'll easily wipe the floor with your lizard!" As Battle Ox came to life, it growled. "Attack!"

LILA LOVE: 1800
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 1700

Twilight said as she drew her card, "Your Battle Ox may be strong, but I am stronger." She then thought to herself, "Crap, I don't have any monsters in my hand with an attack higher than Battle Ox. However, I do have a Mystical Elf that can defend me until I draw a stronger card." She then said, "I'll summon Mystical Elf in defense position with 2000 defense."

"That's a good card you got right there," Lila Love replied. "Too bad I'm better." She then drew her next card and said, "I'll activate Black Pendant to boost my Battle Ox's attack to 2200! Now, decapitate that stupid elf!"

As Battle Ox swung his axe, a loud chop was heard, and Mystical Elf's head fell to the table before she disappeared. Twilight grudgingly placed the card in her graveyard before saying, "I admit it. You one-upped me there." As she drew her next card, she looked at it and thought, "Another weak card. I'll have to defend against Battle Ox until I draw a better card."

For the next 3 turns, Battle Ox knocked down all of Twilight's monsters. Lila Love said on the last of the 3, "I wanna watch you suffer. Eventually, you'll just run out of cards."

Twilight then drew her next card and looked at it with excitement. I'll summon the Summoned Skull with 2500 attack!"

Lila Love replied in shock, "Summoned Skull?! That's rare as hell!"

"Destroy Battle Ox!"

LILA LOVE: 1500
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 1700

Twilight set 2 cards and ended her turn.

Lila Love then said, "I must admit, you're pretty good. You should even enter the next local tournament around here." She then drew her next card. "But this is the end of your good luck. I summon my trump card, Cosmo Queen, with 2900 attack!" As Cosmo Queen formed, Lila Love thought, "I win!"

Twilight chucked and said, "You fell right into my trap. I'll activate my quick-play magic card, Shrink, which cuts your Cosmo Quen's attack in half!"

Lila Love gasped and said, "What?! No!" Cosmo Queen literally shrank to half of her size as her attack was reduced to 1450.

"But I'm not done yet, Lila. I'll then activate my trap card, Secret Barrel, which will inflict 200 damage for every card in your hand and on your field. Since you have 5 cards in your hand plus Cosmo Queen on the field, you will take 1200 damage."

LILA LOVE: 300
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 1700

Lila Love thought to herself, "No! I can't lose!"

Twilight then said, "Summoned Skull, destroy Cosmo Queen!"

LILA LOVE: 0
TWILIGHT SPARKLE 1700

Lila Love got up from the table and yelled, "No! I shouldn't have lost! Nightmare Moon's gonna have a fit when she hears about this..." Then, thick smoke began to surround the table. Lila Love said, "Huh? What's going on? What the hell are you?!"

Twilight's eyes, horn, and puzzle then glowed as she said, "And now, the door to darkness has been opened." She then pointed at Lila Love and shouted, "Penalty Game!"

Suddenly, Lila Love saw the world around her disappear, replaced only by darkness. She said, "Where am I?! Where are you, you little bitch! When I find you, you're dead!"

Then, she heard growling behind her. She turned around and screamed.

Before here were multiple monsters, all baring their teeth and licking their lips. One of them spoke to her, saying, "Time to eat!"

In the real world, Lila Love ran around, screaming and yelling, "I'm being eaten! Dear God, somebody help me! Somebody help me! Noooo!"

Twilight then walked over to Scootaloo and untied her, gently laying her on the ground. She said, "Lila, you will experience death in that world. But don't worry, it's only an illusion. However, I do have to find out about your connection to Nightmare Moon. This only confirms that she is indeed trying to go after me. But... If that's the case, Princess Celestia is also in danger." She then sighed and smiled with confidence. "No matter. When Nightmare Moon comes, we will be ready. Game Over!"

PreviousChapters Next