• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,812 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,812

PreviousChapters Next
Duelist: Duel 8-The Final Tape

March 2, 2016

Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Flash Sentry, Spike, and Princess Celestia all congregated at Twilight's house around 6 P.M. after she had discovered the fourth and final tape in the mail in the morning.

Twilight held the DVD cover to her friends as they congregated in the main hall as she said, "As you can clearly see, it appears Adagio Dazzle wrote "Make Sure You Have Friends With You" on the front of the case." Sure enough, those words had been scribbled onto the front of the case. "She also gave me a set of rules for the tournament." She then showed off a small card that contained the gameplay rules of the tournament. The only big differences between the regular rules and the Duelist Kingdom rules was that only one monster could attack per turn and direct attacks were not allowed.

"I don't like the feeling of this," Applejack said. "It seems fishy."

"I'm with her," Rarity said in agreement as Celestia nodded.

"Twilight," Celestia said to her pupil. "Are you ready for anything that may be on that tape?"

"I am," Twilight replied. She then put the DVD in and turned on the T.V. before tuning it to the DVD setting on a remote.

Pinkie Pie said to Fluttershy, "I wonder what's gonna happen. Think anything scary?"

"I hope not," Fluttershy replied. "I'd rather not deal with that." She then chuckled before yawning and stretching her arms and wings out.

The DVD then began playing as Adagio Dazzle appeared on the screen and said, "Hello again, Twilight Sparkle. I hope that you brought friends with you."

"She sure did," Rainbow Dash replied to the video.

"Anyways," Adagio Dazzle continued. "I wish you the best of luck in the Duelist Kingdom tournament, Twilight. However, before you enter, I must give you... How should I put this... A little test." Her false left eye then began glowing.

Suddenly, the whole room was enveloped in darkness as the whole gang looked around in confusion. Rainbow Dash yelled out, "What the hell is going on?!"

Princess Celestia said to Twilight, "I know it now! She has the Alicorn Eye! We've all been placed into a Shadow Game!"

"That's right, Princess Celestia," Adagio Dazzle replied. Twilight gasped as she realized that Adagio could hear and reply to them in real time through a seemingly cursed DVD. "As you can now see, I can talk to you, and you can talk to me. Now, Twilight, how about we duel until this video ends? Remember, we are going to follow the rules I have set for the Duelist Kingdom tournament."

Twilight then stood up and said, "Let's." Then, her puzzle began to glow as she began to transform.

Flash Sentry said to himself, "There she goes again..."

Then, once she was done, the other Twilight said to Adagio, "I'll be sure to beat you in this little test!" She then took her cards out and laid her deck on the floor, looking up at the T.V. Then, she and Adagio both said, "Let's duel!"

"Go get 'er," Applejack said to the other Twilight.

Adagio said, "I'll go first." She then drew a card. "I'll set a card and end my turn." She then set a card onto the field in the Magic/Trap Zone.

The other Twilight then drew her card and said, "I'll summon Koumori Dragon with 1500 attack!" As Koumori Dragon took to the field before her, the other Twilight said, "My deck has The Sun Goddess cards in it. Remember that."

"I'll activate Trap Hole," Adagio said as she flipped up the card. Immediately, a hole formed below Koumori Dragon, and it fell to its death after it shut. "I predicted that you would summon that card, by the way."

"How?!" The other Twilight was stunned. "You're lying!" She then sighed. "I end my turn."

"Good," Adagio replied as she drew her card. "I'll set two cards and end my turn." This time, she set a card in the Magic/Trap Zone and the Monster Zone.

Rainbow Dash said to Applejack, "I don't buy it for a single minute that she can predict Twilight's cards. I think she's just bluffing."

"Sure seems like it," Applejack replied. "Suuuure seems like it."

"I summon Silver Fang, with 1200 attack!" Twilight then placed down Silver Fang before it took to the field before her. "I end my turn."

"I'll activate Monster Reborn from my hand to bring back your Koumori Dragon," Adagio said as she reached her hand out from beyond the T.V. to grab Twilight's card, shocking the whole group after playing Monster Reborn.

Princess Celestia, astonished, said, "This is amazing! You must have mastered your Alicorn Item!"

"I have," Adagio replied before Koumori Dragon took to the field before her. "Now, I'll activate Chain Healing to gain back 500 life points."

ADAGIO DAZZLE: 1700
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 2000

"Because that was Chain Link 2," Adagio continued. "I'll put it back in my deck and then shuffle it." Once she was done shuffling her deck, she said, "Koumori Dragon, attack her Silver Fang!" Silver Fang was then destroyed by a burst of fire from Koumori Dragon.

ADAGIO DAZZLE: 1700
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 1700

"We're tied now," the other Twilight said. "Oh well, I'll still win!" She then looked at her hand. She thought to herself, "If she really can see my hand, I might as well just draw and summon something without looking." She then drew a card and placed it onto the field without looking. "I really hope it's something useful!"

Adagio said, "What?! You did-?!"

Sure enough, the Dark Magician formed before the other Twilight who breathed a sigh of relief. Then, she said, "Now, Dark Magician, attack!" As Dark Magician stuck his right hand out, Twilight yelled, "Black Magic!" Koumori Dragon winced in pain as it was it by Dark Magician's attack before shattering.

ADAGIO DAZZLE: 700
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 1700

Adagio then laughed. "Very impressive, Twilight Sparkle. Very impressive, indeed. But, be warned. My deck has many surprises."

"I'm ready for all of them," the other Twilight defiantly replied. "Hit me with your best shot."

Spike said to Twilight, "Nice job with that play, Twilight!"

"I'll summon the Illusionist Faceless Mage with 1200 attack," Adagio said before the monster took form before her. "Then, I'll equip it with Eye of Illusion." She then placed down the Eye of Illusion onto the field, equipping it to the Illusionist Faceless Mage. "Now, attack the Datk Magician!"

The other Twilight, shocked, thought to herself, "What the hell is she doing?!"

"Now, I'll activate Eye of Illusion's effect," Adagio replied. "I'll negate my own attack and equip the card to your Dark Magician." Sure enough, the attack was stopped dead in its tracks, and Adagio gave the other Twilight her card through the T.V. screen. The other Twilight took it and placed it onto her field before Adagio set a card. "Hahaha... You've fallen into my trap."

Sure enough, when it became the other Twilight's turn, the Dark Magician began floating over to Adagio's side. The other Twilight yelled, "What the hell?! It can change control of my monsters?!"

"Indeed!"

The other Twilight then handed her Dark Magician and the Eye of Illusion cards to Adagio through the T.V. screen before she gladly took them from her. "Damn you..." She then said, "I'll summon the Celtic Guardian, with 1400 attack!" Then, Celtic Guardian took to the field before her. "Now, attack her Illusionist Faceless Mage!" The Celtic Guardian then sliced through the Illusionist Faceless Mage with ease.

ADAGIO DAZZLE: 500
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 1700

"Not bad," Adagio replied. "Now, it's my turn. Dark Magician, attack her Celtic Guardian! Black Magic!" The Dark Magician easily destroyed the Celtic Guardian.

ADAGIO DAZZLE: 500
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 600

"Now," Adagio continued. "I'll activate Chain Healing yet again to gain 500 life points, and I'll summon Gemini Elf with 1900 attack." As Gemini Elf took form on her side of the field, she smiled.

ADAGIO DAZZLE: 1000
TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 600

The other Twilight then drew a card and again summoned it to the field without looking, thinking, "I hope this can destroy the Gemini Elf!" Sure enough, the card she summed was the Summoned Skull, a card with 2500 attack, more than enough to destroy the Gemini Elf. "Aha!" Then, she looked at the timer on the T.V. and noticed only a few seconds were left. "Go, Summoned Skull, attack Gemini Elf!"

Summoned Skull then formed lightning between his hands as he began to charge at the Gemini Elf. Then, just as they were about to collide, the timer ran out, and the duel suddenly ended.

Everyone around the T.V. gasped in shock and horror. The other Twilight, horrified, said, "I... I lost... No! That means..." She then yelled, "I lost?!"

Adagio laughed. "Indeed! You lose, Twilight!"

Princess Celestia yelled, "Twilight, be careful! She could use a Penalty Game on us!"

"Oh shit," the other Twilight said as she came to the same horrifying realization.

"Now," Adagio said as her Alicorn Eye glowed and her other eye began to glow a bright white. "Time to pass judgement. But, it won't be on you, Twilight. I will be on somebody you hold dear!" She then pointed at the entire gang as she yelled and held up a blank Duel Monsters card in her other hand, "Penalty Game!"

Everyone instantly faced away as the other Twilight screamed, expecting the Penalty Game to affect her. Suddenly, a bright flash of light blinded everybody as the darkness around them dissipated, and the video finally ended.

Once everyone could see again, they all looked around. The other Twilight said to herself, "I... I wasn't affected after all..."

Then, the frightened words of Rarity alerted everybody. "Oh my God, Princess Celestia!"

Celestia stared blankly at the T.V. for several seconds before she fell over limp, her eyes wide open. The other Twilight immediately switched back to normal as she tried to shake Celestia awake, saying, "Princess Celestia! Wake up! What the hell is going on?!"

Rainbow Dash then pointed at the T.V. in shock, saying, "Holy shit, she's on the T.V.!"

Celestia appeared on the T.V. for a few seconds, yelling, "Twilight! Everyone! Help me! I'm trapped! Hel-" Then, she was cut off when she disappeared, much to everyone's shock.

Applejack said to herself, "Oh my lord... This ain't good..."

Twilight then began banging on the T.V. as tears began to fall from her eyes, screaming, "Celestia! Celestia! No! C'mon! CELESTIA!!!" She then broke down in a fit of tears as Flash Sentry ran over to comfort her. "She's gone..."

"No," Flash Sentry said to her. "She's not gone, Twilight. We're gonna get her back."

Rainbow Dash said to Twilight, "Looks like we both got another reason to go to this tournament, Twilight. How about we go over there and kick the asses of all three of those Siren creeps at their own game, eh?"

PreviousChapters Next