• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,812 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,812

PreviousChapters Next
Duel 20-Endgame

"It's no use," Flash Sentry said as he struggled against Aqua Lily. "There's too much of a power difference!"

Pinkie Pie called out, "Flash, remember, you're not alone!"

Aqua then smirked before kneeing Flash Sentry in the jaw, knocking him out and causing his hit count to rise to 75%. When he landed in front of Fluttershy, she winced and said to herself, "Oh no!" Flash then laid out on the floor, sprawled and unconscious.

Rainbow Dash yelled out to Lila Love and Aqua Lily from her glass box, "Have a heart, you pieces of shit!"

"Time to finish him off," Lila said.

"Indeed," Aqua replied back to her.

Meanwhile, Flash woke up in what appeared to be a room of all-black in his mind. He stood up, brushed himself off, and looked around, seeing nothing but cold emptiness. He called out, "Fluttershy? Pinkie Pie? Rainbow Dash? Anyone?" He then thought to himself, "Am... Am I dead? Where in God's name am I?" He then began to panic, fearing that he had already lost.

Then, he saw something above him. Reaching out to him were 7 arms, which he instantly recognized as being those of the rest of the group due to their clothing. The voices of all of his friends called out to him at the same time, saying, "Get up, Flash."

In real life, Flash Sentry suddenly awoke from unconsciousness and stood up, shocking everyone. Aqua Lily said in surprise, "What the hell?! How did you get up?!"

"I got up because I had friends I can depend upon," Flash defiantly replied. Suddenly, his hit count dropped to 45%.

Lila said, "How did his hit count decrease?! That has to be a glitch or something!"


Meanwhile, for several turns, Nightmare Moon obliterated any of the other Twilight's monsters that she set in defense position. She said to her as she began her next turn, "Are you just gonna keep setting monsters until you run out of cards, Twilight?" Then, she drew her next card and said to her, "Looks like the goddess of victory favors me."

The other Twilight said to herself, "Shit..."

"I've drawn my second Blue-Eyes White Dragon," Nightmare Moon said as she summoned it. After the second dragon took form, she said, "So, when will you just give up and face death, Twilight?!"

Rarity called out, "Twilight! Remember us!"

The other Twilight then thought about Celestia as she tried to weigh her options. She imagined her lying in a bed in an operating room as doctors worked furiously to save their Princess's life, unbeknownst to most others. She remembered the last conversation Celestia had with her normal self before Moon-T had begun.


Celestia, drenched in sweat and breathing heavily, held her face with her left hand, saying, "Twilight..."

"Celestia," Twilight said as she began crying. "I'm so sorry I let you get into this..."

Celestia then said, "It's not your fault, my star pupil..." She then reached into her pocket with her right hand and pulled out a small deck box. "I... I want you to have this..."

"Celestia, please, you're going to make it..."

"I know, you idiot... I can't die yet..." She then coughed up some blood in Twilight's face before wiping it off with her left hand. "Sorry about that... Use this deck to defeat Nightmare Moon... Please..." She then clutched her chest with her right arm in intense pain.


"Celestia," she said to herself. "I won't give up." She then drew her next card and gasped at what it was. "A magic card!" "I activate Swords of Revealing Light!" She then placed the card down onto a magic/trap zone. "This prevents your monsters summoned up to now from attacking for 3 turns." Several swords formed above the 2 Blue-Eyes White Dragons before coming down between them, trapping them.

Nightmare Moon said to her, "Whatever. What can you possibly do in 3 turns that will turn your fortunes around?"

The other Twilight then looked at her hand and thought to herself, "Nightmare Moon's right. Of my 4 cards, only one is a monster of any use. The other 3 are all named after Elements of Harmony, but they're about as useless as a white crayon. Am I really gonna lose?"

Suddenly, she heard Celestia's voice behind her say, "That doesn't sound like you, Twilight." The other Twilight then turned around and faced her. "You see, anything can be shattered and rebuilt piece by piece. After all, look at that puzzle I gave you. Now you've solved it."

The other Twilight looked down at the Alicorn Puzzle and said, "The Alicorn Puzzle... You may be onto something..."

"Exactly," Celestia said before she began to disappear.

The other Twilight reached out and called out, "Princess Celestia!"

"Remember what I said! Anything can be shattered and rebuilt piece by piece!"

Suddenly, it hit her. "The Sun Goddess! Celestia has all 5 pieces of The Sun Goddess!"


"You see," Celestia said to Twilight in a flashback just before she moved to Ponyville. "There is one monster in Duel Monsters that can only be brought together with 5 cards. It is called The Sun Goddess. When the cards were made, they had the names of the Elements of Harmony printed on the pieces. However, this unknowingly caused those cards to harness the power of the real elements. Thus, they were never put into mass production. It is said that whoever puts the first 5 Elements of Harmony together through these cards will summon the 6th element, Magic, and strike down anyone in their path."

A curious Twilight asked, "Has anyone ever collected them?"

Celestia hesitated before saying, "I'm afraid not. Nobody has seen any of the 5 cards at all to this day."


"She didn't tell me for my own protection," the other Twilight thought to herself. "But she did let me have the actual elements, which means that she planned for me to eventually find out about and use those 5 cards eventually!"

Then, Nightmare Moon snapped the other Twilight back into reality by saying, "It's your turn! Quit stalling and draw your next card!" As it turns out, Nightmare Moon had done nothing for her turn, wanting to have the Blue-Eyes have the honor of defeating the other Twilight.

"I'm drawing," the other Twilight said in annoyance. When she drew her next card, Right Arm-Element of Kindness, she gasped and thought to herself, "That makes 4 of the 5 cards!" She then set another monster in defense position.

"Draw whatever you want," Nightmare Moon said. "It won't change anything. On my turn, I'll use a new monster to attack your defense position monsters." She then summoned Judge Man, with 2200 attack. The Judge Man then reached across the field and smashed his mace on the head of the other Twilight's set monster, destroying it.

The other Twilight then drew a card called Dark Magician, with 2500 attack. "If my only other choice is to try and set the Dark Magician only to have it be destroyed later by Blue-Eyes, then I might as well just attack the Judge Man instead." After the Dark Magician formed, she said, "I'm gonna attack! Black Magic!" The Dark Magician then stuck his left hand out at the Judge Man, causing both him and the Judge Man to turn photo-negative as the sound of shattering glass was heard. THen, the Judge Man broke into pieces. "Your Judge Man falls!"

TWILIGHT: 0900
NIGHTMARE MOON: 1000

Nightmare Moon laughed and said, "A loss like that doesn't even scratch me! Your seal is only effective for one more turn." She then drew her next card. "And the card I've drawn is my 3rd Blue-Eyes White Dragon!" As the other Twilight recoiled in fear, the 3rd dragon took form on the field. "Attack the Dark Magician!" Then, the Dark Magician was obliterated by the Blue-Eyes White Dragon's Burst Stream of Destruction attack.

TWILIGHT: 0400
NIGHTMARE MOON: 1000

Applejack screamed in horror, "Twilight! No!" Then, the guards behind them began to cock their guns, ready to lead her, Spike, and Rarity to a back room to be shot upon Nightmare Moon's victory.


Meanwhile, Flash Sentry and Fluttershy, re-energized by a miracle that saw Flash's hit count decrease and him get back up from a devastating blow, got ready to deliver a knockout blow to Aqua Lily, who was still in shock over Flash waking up from unconsciousness.

Then, Flash Sentry jumped into the air and said, "Let's finish this!" He then delivered 2 roundhouse kicks followed by a hard punch to Aqua Lily, causing her to fall to the ground in unconsciousness and her hit count to rise to a whopping 100%. Flash Sentry had won.

Lila Love, staring at Flash Sentry in horror, said in disbelief, "No way! How did... How did you win?!"

"Friendship was the answer," Fluttershy said. "We couldn't do this alone."

"She's right," Flash Sentry said as Lila Love exited her booth. "Friendship is magic, after all. It can do things people think can't be done, such as my victory over you, and Twilight's eventual victory over Nightmare Moon."

Then, Rainbow Dash's glass box began to lower to the ground. When it did, Lila begrudgingly unlocked and opened a door on the box for Rainbow Dash to leave. When she did, she ran over and hugged Flash Sentry, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie. She said, "You guys were awesome. Thanks for getting me out of that box." Then, the pain of her broken wing began to hit her again as the group hug split. "Ow... Ow..."

Pinkie Pie asked, "Are you okay? Your wing is all sorts of bent and messed up."

"I'll be fine for now," Rainbow Dash said. "Let's just go over and see Twilight kick Nightmare Moon's ass."


Nightmare Moon said to a deeply afraid other Twilight, "So, Twilight, draw your final card. On my next turn, my 3 Blue-Eyes will attack you all together. Your life is over no matter what you draw!"

Spike yelled out, "Hang in there, Twilight!"

The other Twilight then looked down at her cards and thought to herself, "If I have any shot at winning, the next card in this deck must be The Sun Goddess-Element of Loyalty. But... The odds I'll pull the 5th card on my next turn are too low." Then, as she began to reach for her next card, her deck seemingly began to move away from her. She said in disbelief, "Are the cards resisting me?" Then, she realized the true reason why. "No, wait, it's me! I'm afraid to draw the wrong card!"

Nightmare Moon said to her, "Hurry up, Twilight! Draw your next card!" "Draw it and then you can rest," she thought to herself. "Rest in hell! Rest for eternity in the pits of fire as I, Nightmare Moon, unleash darkness forever on this planet!"

Then, the other Twilight noticed the mark on her hand as the other 7 members of the group formed around her deck, their right hands placed on it as well. "Everyone... Everyone's here with me..." She then smiled and said, "Thank you, everybody. I'm not afraid of anything anymore."

Nightmare Moon then said, "Hah! Did you finally lose hope and decider to use any card?"

"Not quite," the other Twilight replied confidently as she drew her next card. "I have hope right here in my hand! The card I pulled..." She then revealed the final piece of The Sun Goddess. "Is The Sun Goddess-Element of Loyalty!"

Shocked, Nightmare Moon stammered out, "Agh! What the-?"

"I have assembled all 5 needed cards," the other Twilight said as she placed all 5 on her monster zones. Then, the cards themselves suddenly began to glow as a pentagram formed vertically on the field. A beam of light shot out of all 5 cards plus the other Twilight's horn and onto the field, signalling that all 6 Elements of Harmony had been brought together: Kindness, Honesty, Generosity, Loyalty, Laughter, and Magic.

Then, 2 arms shot out of the pentagram as a giant lady with flowing yellow and orange hair and a white dress emerged, staring down the 3 dragons. Nightmare Moon stood back as she said in horror, "No way! It's The Sun Goddess! Are you saying you've performed a miracle?!"

The other Twilight then called out, "Hellfire's Rage! Solar Flare!" Then, the Goddess formed a bright ball of light in her hands before shooting it at the 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons with her right hand. Instantly, all 3 dragons were vaporized by the heat of the blast, which hit Nightmare Moon full-force. As superheated air filled her lungs and she felt searing pain across her entire body, she let out a bloodcurdlingly high-pitched and loud scream that echoed throughout the arena. The entire audience averted their eyes from the bright light as it enveloped the whole building.

PreviousChapters Next