• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 1,813 Views, 76 Comments

It's Time to Duel! - thisissparta789789



Twilight Sparkle was a new 11th Grade student in Ponyville and a loner. She never seemed to come out of her shell. That is, until she pieced together the Alicorn Puzzle.

  • ...
6
 76
 1,813

PreviousChapters Next
Duelist: Duel 3-Soul Battle

November 20, 2015

"So, how do you like it?" Rainbow Dash was showing off a brand new yo-yo to the gang called the Omega FireKick. "This is the hottest yo-yo out there right now."

"I say," Rarity said to Rainbow Dash. "That thing certainly is... Well-crafted..." The yo-yo had flames painstakingly drawn and painted on it with a black background.

"Eh, whatever," suddenly said a student from the back of the room. "I hate yo-yos anyways."

Twilight turned to him and asked, "What's up? Why don't you like yo-yos?" She was confused as to why he had jumped into the conversation.

The student then pointed to a bruise on his cheek and said, "Some assholes that were going around and mugging people by hitting them with yo-yos did this to me. I was walking alone at night and suddenly became surrounded by three guys, who demanded that I hand over all my money. When I refused and tried to escape, they took out their yo-yos and used them to hit me." He then sighed. "Those pieces of crap took 105 bits from me."

"That sucks," Rainbow Dash replied. "Say, if they were here right now, I'd kick their asses."

Fluttershy said to Rainbow Dash, "Try to calm down, Dash."

"I know where they are," the student said. "Rainbow Dash and Twilight, you two can come with me to confront them. I won't need anyone else, really, since it's only three guys." He then smiled. "Please?"


After school, the student, accompanied by Rainbow Dash and Twilight, went to an abandoned warehouse in Ponyville. The student said to them, "This is the place. Be careful."

Twilight couldn't help but think to herself that this place seemed familiar. "It's as if I've been here before or something. It's weird."

As they walked in, Rainbow Dash said, "They should be here shortly, right?" She then noticed a familiar hook hanging from the ceiling all the way down to the height of their heads. "Say, does the mugger's name happen to be Star Whistle?"

"Yes, it does," the student then said as he turned around. "And you fell right into his trap."

Suddenly, both Rainbow Dash and Twilight were attacked from behind. Rainbow Dash was hit twice by yo-yos while Twilight was punched hard in the back of the head by a grunt working for Star Whistle. As the two continued to be beaten up, Star Whistle himself watched.

Then, he signalled with his right hand to stop with the beating. "Enough." He then turned to Rainbow Dash and Twilight as he walked over and said, "Hello, again." Then, the student from before grabbed Twilight by her uniform shirt collar and dragged her off elsewhere in the warehouse by the Alicorn Puzzle's necklace, choking her.

"Of course it's you," Rainbow Dash sneered in response. "What do you want, jackass?"

Star Whistle smiled and told her, "Do you really want to make me your enemy, Rainbow Dash, after everything we've been through?" He then pointed at the student from before, directing Rainbow Dash's attention to him.

The student and several members of Star Whistle's gang had hung Twilight up by the hook by attaching it to the necklace that held the Alicorn Puzzle in place, suffocating her slowly. As she coughed and tried to breathe, Rainbow Dash swung back around and told Star Whistle, "You're a real piece of shit, you know that?"

"Join us or watch your friend die," Star Whistle told her. "It's that simple."

Twilight, still suffocating, pleaded with Rainbow Dash not to join in her head. "Don't do it, please! I'm begging you! Don't join his gang, Rainbow Dash!"

"Or I can do this," Rainbow Dash said as she got up. As she did, the gang members around her started beating her with their yo-yos, striking her in the head several times as she pushed them back and charged at Star Whistle, punching him across the face and causing him to fall back. She then ran over to Twilight, whose face was turning purple from a lack of air, and unhooked her from the makeshift noose.

Once Twilight was let down, she fell to her knees and took several deep breaths. She then stood up weakly and said, "Thanks..."

Star Whistle and his gang stared the two down. He said, "How annoying of you two. For that little punch you gave me, I'm gonna make sure you two know the true meaning of pain when we're finished."

"Just try," Rainbow Dash replied defiantly. "The pain you think you're gonna inflict on us is nothing compared to the pain of betrayal. That is why I didn't join you, even when you tried to hang Twilight. Prepare yourself, Star Whistle, because me and Twilight are ready for our counterattack." She then readied herself as Twilight smiled and nodded.

Star Whistle laughed and said, "How pathetic." He then turned to his gang. "Now, kill them."

The gang then began swinging their yo-yos at Rainbow Dash and Twilight wildly. Rainbow Dash then grabbed the Alicorn Puzzle from Twilight, startling her. She said, "I got a plan." She then swung the puzzle around several times, deflecting the yo-yos from hitting her or Twilight.

Then, suddenly, the yo-yos stopped, shocking Star Whistle. "What happened?!"

Rainbow Dash then revealed why they stopped. All of the yo-yos were now tied around the necklace of the Alicorn Puzzle. "That's why I swung the puzzle around. Now you're all trapped." She then removed all of the yo-yos from the puzzle's necklace and attached them all to the hook. "This is punishment for what you did to us." She then hung the gang members who had the yo-yos from the hook by their yo-yos, causing them to scream in pain.

Twilight was then given the puzzle back before saying, "Nice job, Rainbow Dash." She then transformed suddenly into the other Twilight in front of Rainbow Dash.

"Oh... Hey," Rainbow Dash said as she was perplexed by the transformation. "So, ready?"

"You bet," the other Twilight replied. "You take on Star Whistle. I'll distract the last of his minions." They then bolted off in separate directions.

"Well, don't just stand there," Star Whistle told his remaining 4 minions. "Go get Twilight! I'll take care of Rainbow Dash myself."

The other Twilight had fled to the galvanized roof of the warehouse. As she stood, waiting for the gang to find her, she saw them climb up to the roof, carrying their yo-yos. "Over here, boys!"

"Get her," a minion exclaimed. "Don't let that bitch get away!"

The other Twilight then pulled out a yo-yo of her own, saying, "Why don't we play a game? Last one on the roof wins."

"Fine by me," another minion replied. They all then gave chase to the other Twilight.

As they chased her, the tried hitting her with their yo-yos, but to no avail. However, instead of hitting them back, the other Twilight instead put holes in the roof with her yo-yo.

Eventually, they reached a corner of the roof. A minion told her, "You're trapped! Either accept being hit in the face by our yo-yos or jump off the roof to your death."

"No," the other Twilight replied. "You're trapped." She then pointed at the holes she had made in the roof. "I hope you like tetanus when the rusted pieces of metal in the roof cut you up when you fall."

Then, the minions noticed the roof around then was warping and cracking. "Oh no!" Then, the section of roof they were standing on gave way, sending them down to the ground below.

The other Twilight then laughed and said to herself, "I hope you think long and hard in the hospital about what you did."

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash and Star Whistle were fistfighting on the roof as well. As they wrestled with each other dangerously close to the roof's edge, Rainbow Dash managed to get in a punch to the jaw, knocking out one of Star Whistle's teeth. "I bet you hated that, you son of a bitch!"

Star Whistle replied by kicking Rainbow Dash in the chest, causing her to yelp in pain fall back. He then said, "I bet you didn't like that, either."

Then, Rainbow Dash pushed Star Whistle just inches from the edge before punching him across the face again, finally sending him over. However, he managed to hold on by one hand. "Say, wanna see a yo-yo trick?" Rainbow Dash then got out her yo-yo. "It's called Walking the Dog." She then rolled the yo-yo on the ground, hitting Star Whistle's hand and making him lose his grip.

As he fell, he screamed, "No! How could you?!" He then fell to the ground with a loud thud.

As Rainbow Dash looked on, the other Twilight ran over and asked her, "Are you alright?"

"I'm good," she replied as she dusted herself off and put her yo-yo away. "Say, where did that other guy go?"

"You mean the guy that brought us here?" The other Twilight then shrugged. "No clue."

"I'm gonna shove my yo-yo up his ass next time I see him," Rainbow Dash scornfully said. "Worthless sack of shit." She then turned to the other Twilight, "Sorry I got you involved in all this."

"No worries," the other Twilight replied as she smiled. "As a friend, your problems are mine, too." They then both stared out at the town.

PreviousChapters Next