• Published 8th Jun 2012
  • 2,990 Views, 78 Comments

Sight - Resurgent Wanderer



A sightless stallion finds his way trhoguh the world.

  • ...
6
 78
 2,990

Looking to the Future

"Feeling sick again Dash?" Tailwind asked as he heard the mare pull her flightsuit hood off and start retching in the bathroom.

"I'm Rainbow Dash, I don't get sick!" she hollered back weakly.

Tailwind merely trotted up behind her, found her back, and started rubbing it. "You said the same thing about not getting nervous two and a half months ago on our honey moon."

"Shut up!' she started, but went slack as the started retching again.

"You sure you're okay?" Tailwind asked worriedly.

Rainbow started to nod but suddenly stiffened as gears in her head slowly moved into place. "Uh, Tailwind, maybe I should go see a doctor after all. You don't mind missing practice today, do you?"

Tailwind simply shook his head, happy that whatever was bothering Dash would soon be gone when the doc helped her out.

Tailwind set out to find Spitfire and inform her of Dash's plans to head to the clinic. After stumbling around for a few minutes, his wing brushed over the correct door number.

'Ah, here we are.' He thought as he knocked on on the door. No answer. He knocked again, this time coming into contact with somepony's fur.

"Yes, Tailwind, that's my face...." Spitfire deadpanned, "Anyway, what do you need?"

"I was just coming by to let you know that Rainbow Dash is headed to the clinic today. She hasn't been feeling well to day."

"Oh, you know what's up?"

"Not really. Anyway I just thought it'd be best to let you know now that we'd be missing practice. Actually I'm just going to listen to you guys fly around, Dash was adamant that she go alone."

~~~~~~~

'Damn, why did I choose to come alone?' Rainbow Dash thought as she neared the clinic. She was jittery at the prospect before her. What would she do if she was right?

Steeling her nerves she mentally exclaimed, 'C'mon, you're Rainbow frickin Dash! You can handle anything!'

With that she walked through the magical sliding doors and up to the front desk.

"Can I help you ma'am...wait you're Rainbow Dash!" the mare exclaimed.

Dash simply rolled her eyes and signed a quick autograph, "Yep that's me. Anyway I need to set up an apointment."

"Alright, I've got you signed in! You can go sit down." the nurse beamed.

Rainbow Dash found a seat and picked up a magazine. As she flipped through the pages, she saw that there was an article on her and Tailwind.
'Interesting.'
As she read more into it she realized that they'd never had a interview, and most of what was written was guess work. There was also a whole section devoted to who Tailwind had assaulted.
'Well, we're going to have to clear that up.'
As she finished the article she heard her name called.

Looking up, she followed a nurse into a room and explained her situation.

"Well that is an easy thing to figure out Mrs. Dash. Just fill this and bring it back."

Rainbow took the offered cup and trotted off into the bathroom. After a series of mumbled explecatives and cleaning the floor she came back out.

"Right then, just wait here and I'll be back in a bit."

~~~~~~~

Tailwind listened calmly as he heard the wind rustling wing feathers of the Wonderbolts above. He could place them within five hooves of there actually location.
Attuning his ears, he could tell that they'd entered into a spin, which would leave a vortex of black smoke behind them had they had their suits on.
Despite the fact that he and Dash were a solo act, he still knew most of the moves and let his mind wander as he imagined being up there. So engrossed in the idea, he didn't even realize that another pony had entered the arena until they tackled him.

"Ohmigoshohmigoshohmigosh!"

At this point all the Wonderbolts had halted practice to see what was going on with Rainbow Dash, who looked like she'd just been accepted to their group a second time.

"So, congratulations Rainbow, you're excited!" Tailwind joked.

"Shut up, this is important!"

"Obviously....you know the last time you tackled me like this you taught me how to fly again.....what am I learning now?" Tailwind chuckled due to the mare's over abundant excitement.

"You know how my dad's all over protective, and your's is an ass? Weeeellllllll, what if I told you it was your turn?"

Tailwind's eyes grew two times their usual size. "You mean....you're.....pregnant?!"

"Yes!"

Taiwlind immediatly pulled Dash's face to his and kissed her. It was the most perfect moment in the world......until Soarin chimed in.

"Does this mean you're gonna get fat and all that?"

*SMACK*

~~~Some Months Later~~~

"Baked potato chocolate and chives, right babe?" Tailwind called from his spot in the kitchen. He was standing infornt of their Braille labelled counter, courtesy of Twilight.

"Mmhmm, Celestia does that sound good right now!"

Letting out a laugh Tailwind set about letting his hooves run across the cabinet edges, feeling for the right sections.

"So, I take it we're over the cinnamon spice oatmeal then?"

Hearing a groan from behind him, Tailwind turned in time to hear Rainbow slam her head down on the table.

"Why'd you have to remind me of that..." the pregnant mare growled.

"Sorry babe, didn't realize you'd hate it so much now." Tailwind apologized, moving to the table and nuzzling his wife affectionately.

"It's not that..."

Grinning knowingly the stallion pulled the chive down and added a bit of cheese to his new baked potato.
"Don't worry, I'll get the oatmeal ready."

Rainbow Dash just nodded blissfully before catching Tailwind as he tried to walk by and kissing him.
"Thank you...I know I'm a bit of a pain in the flank and stuff what with the baby, and I know this can't be easy with your eyes..."

"You're right, it's a pain." Tailwind remarked.
"Since they don't work, I don't see why I still have them. Stupid eyes, right?" the stallion dead panned as his wife gave him a serious glare, not that it mattered.

"You know I don't like it when you put yourself down."

Moving in, Tailwind embraced Rainbow lovingly.
"I know, I'm sorry. Let me get you your oatmeal and then we can sit down and enjoy our breakfast."

"Tailwind?"

"Yes babe?"

"I love you."

"Love you too, Dash."

Author's Note:

Suddenly a new plot idea!

I'll tie this in with Live, as I suddenly find myself with a strong dislike for Feel. It's just too....vanilla honestly, I might go change it later, but for now...meh.

Anyway, going to tie this in with Live via a new story after I've updated, altered, and reconfigured Live.

Comments ( 24 )

i don't mind the change in dialogue, just takes time to get use to.

736767 Yay, I don't feel like a torturous monster
But I am a monster......:pinkiecrazy:

NNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. MMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

737332
Keep Calm!
And
Read Voice or Feel
Hahaha. Don't worry mate, there will be more! I just need to get Feel and Live up2date

"Does this mean you're gonna get fat and all that?"
*SMACK*

OLOLOLOOL SO SORRY SOARIN BUT YOU HAD IT COMING

738799 He'll figure it out.....or maybe not for more comic relief. :rainbowlaugh:

Don't mess with a pregnant woman, seriously not even a little, my balls still hurt from that time I visited my sister when she was pregnant. :fluttershbad:

722801 thx thx thx thx thx thx thx thx sooooooo muchhhhh im sooo hyper right now like pinkie pie!!!!!:pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:


soarin: hey rainbow does this mean we'll need larger doors for you to walk through
*SMACK*
soarin: can you name your foal after me
*SMACK*
soarin: will you stop hitting me
*SMACK*
soarin: geez you got some weight behind that backhoof
*SMACK*
soarin:hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaa-
*SMACK*
soarin:...
*SMACK*
soarin: aww come-on i didn't even say anything
RD: well a pregnant mare needs to vent her frustration on something

1530642 I still have, like, an unfinished chapter I got stuck on AGES ago sitting in this story because I'm not sure whether to leave it or continue.

2196486 Lol, I made a point to to make it too obvious, because as you can see, he doesn't act blind.

2196494 i see what you did there.

2252992.......Tailwind didn't *cue rimshot*

Still speechless from the first, second, and this chapter. It's just so damn awesome :rainbowkiss:!

Can't wait for more.

May I ask when the next chapter will come out :twilightsheepish:?

2881403 I honestly couldn't tell you. This was my first published story on FimFic and I haven't done much aside from reformat it in ages.

It may get a new chapter, it may not, but I really haven't gotten any ground on to where I would take it.

That and I'm gearing up for the NaNoRiMo in November

2881608
Oh, okay :(
("[...]where i would take it[...]" Maybe the birth of the foal :pinkiehappy:?)

2881727 Obviously, but actually finishing said chapter, especially when you're not a kid person, is difficult.

I know, I'm a terrible person lol.

In between work and, well, more work, I have been having a lot of trouble finiding my muse and actually getting things done =/

Maybe I could help with the ideas :twilightsheepish:? Good Luck with your work!

This is a great story! :twilightsheepish:

Sequel please?? I like this story!!

I like these shipfics a lot, especially rd ones! :heart: :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment