• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 409 Views, 0 Comments

A New Life for Bloodthirst - NgKQ



A side story from The Inheritors of Friendship, centering the vampire pony who had just lived in Ponyville.

  • ...
6
 0
 409

Chapter 17

“There, here’s your tea,” said Mrs Shy as she gently poured it onto Bloodthirst’s teacup. “I got this back from one of our Las Pegasus trips recently, and they say it’s the city’s Number One!”

Bloodthirst took a sip on the tea. “Mm, that’s pretty sweet,” he replied. “I’m not a tea expert, but it’s surely first class among other teas in Equestria.”

“Oh, nice to hear!” beamed Mr Shy. “I could say, you’re really a gentlecolt, with good manners like my grandson. So it isn’t a waste for my grandchildren to bring you here!”

“We take the credit, Grandpa,” replied Beryl. “He won’t be a ruthless rouge with us having to talk and care for him.”

“Yeah, I know I am polite.” Chaos Control suddenly felt ashamed and hung his head. “Everyone knows I’m nice but the truth is, I don’t really get along with my father well. His and my ideas don’t mix,” he sighed. “If only Dad gets to know me more…”

“Hey, cheer up, old lad!” comforted Mr Shy. “At least, you must be doing well with your marefriend?”

“Psst, don’t forget Bloodthirst doesn’t have his parents anymore!” whispered Beryl quietly. Seeing Bloodthirst drinking his tea, she thought he would be busy drinking to hear what she whispered.

“Chaos, I think you can talk more with your dad,” Bloodthirst said suddenly. “I personally feel Discord ain’t someone bad, you two just need to know each other better.”

“How did you know what I was whispering?” asked Beryl who was rather surprised. “I thought you’re busy drinking your tea.”

“Sixth sense,” he replied. “Plus my super hearing.”

“Whoa, splendid!” beamed Mr Shy. “You really deserve to save the world with the young princess in Ponyville!”

“He did help us, in defeating her nemesis,” replied Chaos.

“Well, in any case,” asked Mrs Shy. “Have you been taking him for any sightseeing lately?”

“As a matter of fact, we brought him to a concert a few days ago,” said Chaos. “He got carried away in meeting a fellow musician, but at least we still got to meet a new, uprising one.”

“That’s great!” Mrs Shy replied. “Are you two planning on some more events?”

“We are to accompany some fillies to Manehattan next weekend,” said Beryl. “They’re attending a talent show, and it’s taking place in the city. They actually quite remind us of the band Pepper Flake started. I hope they’re gonna be as successful as we do.”

“Aren’t you two taking this dude with you?” inquired Mr Shy.

“Oh, he’s coming with us!” Beryl replied.

“I never visited Manehattan before, and I thought I would come with them,” Bloodthirst added. “Platinum Royale and Prudence Aura said they are coming along, too. They also said they wanted to visit somepony who’s an old friend of Applejack… Coloratura’s the name if I remember correctly.”

“Coloratura? Oh, she’s just too famous!” exclaimed Beryl. “She was the biggest pop star in all of Equestria, and was once used to be known as ‘Countess Coloratura’, but after a rift with one of her former managers she dropped her old stage name. She’s still keeping in touch with Applejack, from what Raisin Brandy told me.”

“Uh, Beryl, I don’t think he’ll understand who’s Coloratura, Sapphire Shores or any popular Equestrian pop star,” said Chaos. “They got lots of songs and histories to remember!”

“It’s alright, Chaos, now I know that Coloratura is a close friend of Applejack,” chuckled Bloodthirst. “I just need some place to listen some popular music of Equestria. That concert already gave me some classical sense.”

“We’ll talk about that when we come back from Manehattan,” dismissed Beryl. “We’ll ask Melody for that.”

“Oh, about Manehattan, there’s something I would like you two to do,” said Mrs Shy suddenly, as she produced a tea packet. “I’d like you two to give this to your uncle Zephyr Breeze and his family, please, if you happen to visit him. I’m sure Windflower would love this, too.”

“Don’t worry, Grandma. We did plan to visit Uncle Zephyr on this visit, too!” assured Beryl.

“Uncle Zephyr and Windflower?” asked Bloodthirst. “Who are they?”

“They’re our uncle and our cousin respectively,” replied Chaos. “Uncle Zephyr’s been living in Manehattan since he found a job there many years ago.”

“You know, the talk about Zephyr Breeze,” said Mrs Shy meekly. “He doesn’t have a solid goal when he was young. You can ask Fluttershy, she’ll tell you everything.”

“He was freeloading and always sought accommodation at our home, but now we’re glad he has his own family and a stable job,” added Mr Shy.

“We can explain more about Uncle Zephyr and his family on our way home,” Beryl said to Bloodthirst.

“You know, young lad,” Mr Shy spoke to Bloodthirst. “I like the way you ask a lot of questions. It reminds me of my kids when they were young!” he chuckled.

Bloodthirst only blushed.

On their way home, Bloodthirst asked Chaos and Beryl more about Zephyr Breeze and Windflower.

“So, who exactly is Windflower? And what’s all about him?”

“Windflower’s been living in Manehattan all the time,” explained Beryl. “He and his family visit us nearly once every two months, and we visit them back a few times a year when we needed to.”

“You know, Mom used to tell us about Uncle Zephyr’s failures, and how he eventually succeeded. I’d see Windflower’s having his father’s traits, but despite all of these, Uncle Zephyr always has his back.” Chaos Control sighed, thinking about his poor relationship with his father. “He’s a bit annoying for me, even asking me about the tiniest problems. Even so, I’d support him, too.”

“I guess, you’re close as cousins, too,” said Bloodthirst, remembering his sweet little cousin Sweetie Peach. “Either still, I’m still really excited about Manehattan.”

“You’ll be surprised at how big it is,” assured Beryl. “It’s going to be beyond your imagination.”

Soon the day everyone set off to Manehattan arrived. Everyone was already on board the train. The foals wouldn’t stop chattering.

“I bet this is gonna be exciting!” Sweet Potion spoke. “You know there’s a lot of things to do at Manehattan!”

“Yeah, you know how I exactly feel!” added Sonic Flash. “I wanna swipe lots of souvenirs to give out to everypony in class!”

“You know,” retorted Glittering Gold. “You guys sound like you never visited Manehattan before. I’ve been there dozens of times accompanying my mom in relationships.”

“Oh really?” insisted Novella Fantasy. “Well I’ve been there dozens of times, too! Especially when I accompany my mom to go shopping!”

“Oh I’ve been there thrice!” added Stainless Steel. “My mom needs me sometimes when she’s accompanying the mayor!”

“Okay, kids, don’t fight,” called Beryl. “You know you’re supposed to give a good show, and you shouldn’t spoil your mood like that. And Glittering Gold, you can’t just brag to your friends how many times you’ve been there. You kids don’t talk back too. Just keep quiet and it’ll be fine.”

“Fine,” replied Glittering and Stainless as they returned to their seats.

“Thanks, Beryl,” said Novella. “You really don’t know this, but we sometimes quarrel over matters,” she whispered.

“Learn to ignore and tolerate, they’ll get tired of it eventually,” advised Beryl.

“Beryl has a point,” agreed Platinum Royale. “They’re just bored and jealous so they’ll be up to stupid tricks so don’t care about them.”

“Well we sometimes can’t help that,” replied Sweet Potion.

In front of the coach, Bloodthirst and Chaos Control were sitting with each other. Bloodthirst was looking at the scenery. He was remembering Beryl and Platinum’s words about Manehattan. Platinum had showed him a number of photos of her family in Manehattan. It was definitely gorgeous, so how gorgeous would Manehattan look like to him? Before they left, Rarity told them that their accommodation would be in her husband Elusive Streak’s home close to Hooflyn. That actually saved Chaos and Beryl’s bother of looking for a hotel and pay a fee there. Bloodthirst was told that Zephyr Breeze also lived close to Hooflyn, but he didn’t want to ask them to prevent spoiling himself.

“Bloodthirst?” called Chaos, snapping him out of his daydream. “You asleep?”

“Chaos?” responded Bloodthirst. “You need anything?”

“You know, actually,” Chaos began to narrate. “The day we came home after our visit to my grandparents, I actually reflected on your advice. After dinner I managed to have a talk with dad, I told him all of my feelings and regrets, and you guess what? He told me, he should’ve known my feelings, too. It was like, we finally realized with each other. Over the next few days he has been talking to me nicely. I guess, your advice worked after all. I’m sorry if it actually reminded you about your deceased parents.”

“No offense taken,” he replied gracefully. “I’m only trying to help. I just wanted others to realize how it feels like without parents. If I were a parent one day, I would remind my children about that.” He glanced behind to see Platinum Royale happily chatting with her sister and Beryl.

“You must be imagining,” smiled Chaos to him. “Anyway, glad to see you’re mature-minded. I’m happy to have you as my friend.”

Bloodthirst just smiled back and continued to watch the scenery.

It wasn’t long before the bridge signaling the entrance to Manehattan was in sight. Immediately, Bloodthirst became awed with the city scene. With skyscrapers towering over the air, it all looked like a modernized site to him.

As he looked all over in awe, Prudence Aura approached him.

“Welcome to Manehattan, Bloodthirst,” she said to him.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment