• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 409 Views, 0 Comments

A New Life for Bloodthirst - NgKQ



A side story from The Inheritors of Friendship, centering the vampire pony who had just lived in Ponyville.

  • ...
6
 0
 409

Chapter 1

It was one warm afternoon in Ponyville.

A pinkish white unicorn filly, with sky blue mane and tail was running down the streets. She was chasing something. Something furry down the streets, which caught some ponies’ attention.

“Eh-heh-heh, where do you want to go, Snizzy?” she called as she caught up and grabbed it. It was a tiny squirrel. “How about to the park? I can get some nuts for you.”

They went there, and under a shady tree, dozens of dropped acorns scattered all over the ground. As they arrived, the squirrel immediately hopped off her head and raced to the tree.

“Hey, come back here!” she called to it. “There’s a lot of acorns on the ground. Why don’t you pick them?”

“Aha, who do we have here?” the voice of a stallion called.

“Some filly playing with her pet?” another asked.

“Wh-what do you want…?” the filly turned around and asked, scared.

“You love your little furry thing so much, huh?” the third one, who was a unicorn said while using magic to bring down the squirrel, sending it to be shocked.

“No, wait! Don’t touch him!”

“Hehe, this creature looks fun,” the first one said. “Let’s tie him up and study him!”

Using strings they brought along, they tied the poor struggling creature’s legs, and even used tape to seal its mouth to prevent it from chattering further.

“No! You can’t do that to Snizzy!” the filly cried, trying to get her pet squirrel back.

“Oh, you wanna get him back?” challenged the second bully.

“Then tell me, little girl,” responded the unicorn bully, grabbing her horn with his hooves. “Do you know magic?” He said while shaking her head, making her groaning with pain.

“If you don’t know magic, then least you don’t get your dear pet back!” he finished and shoved her away. “Boys, deal with her!”

With that, the other two bullies went and beat her up.

“Think you can get back your little pet? You might as well toughen up.” The first bully said and trampled her.

“Oh, and no cutie mark, too?” the second one continued. “Get your mark before you can get back your pet! Hahaha…!”

“No, please… stop…!” The filly tried to fight back, but it was no use.

“Hey! What are you all doing!??” A hoarse voice called. They turned to see a black stallion with white hair and tail, and also strange-looking wings. It was Bloodthirst the vampire pony. He had been in Ponyville for two weeks, and it was only three days after his lover Platinum Royale was discharged from hospital after the horrible attack by his uncle, who eventually met his demise.

“Oh dear,” the unicorn bully smirked. “When have I seen you before?”

“Let her go!” ordered Bloodthirst. “You’re hurting that little filly!”

“Oh, is it? We just wanted to see her little pal,” the first bully replied, showing him the poor tied up critter.

“Cruelty to animals? Well best that I report to Fluttershy!”

“Dare to report?” The unicorn bully challenged. “Well I think you should suffer the same fate as her!”

He approached Bloodthirst and raised his right hoof, but just as he was about to strike him, quick as lightning, Bloodthirst darted below and bit his other hoof heavily.

“Ow! What the-” He just turned up to see Bloodthirst’s fangs, with his left hoof already bleeding. The other two had seen it too.

“He… doesn’t look normal…” The first bully spoke, looking scared.

“Well, well, who’s next?” growled Bloodthirst, spreading his bat wings. “If you don’t get your doctor now, you’ll be a vampire tonight…!”

“Holy horseapples! He’s a vampire pony!!!” screamed the second bully.

“This is for real… RUN AWAY!!!” the unicorn bully instructed, and the three ran away without looking back.

“No one will believe your story for now!” said Bloodthirst. “And yes, I didn’t even inject venom into your body, just to scare you.” He turned towards the poor, tied up squirrel. Gently, he removed the strings and the tape. “Get back to your little master, old fellow,” he whispered.

With that, the now freed squirrel raced to its sobbing master. The filly, who was crying from the bullies’ beatings was suddenly interrupted by the touch and the chatter of a furry creature. She suddenly brightened up.

“Oh, Snizzy!” she wailed, hugging him. “I’m glad that you’re okay…” She turned to Bloodthirst, who was looking at her. “You saved me, didn’t you?”

“I… guess I did…” he chuckled.

“Are you really a vampire pony?” she asked, having overheard the moment the bullies fled.

Bloodthirst didn’t answer directly. “Do you think I’m scary?”

“No, I don’t think so,” the filly replied, smiling. “You’re my superpony.”

“But I thought kids like you will get scared?”

“You must be Bloodthirst?”

“How did you know my name?”

“My mother told me all about you,” the filly introduced. “I’m Novella Fantasy. I’ve always wanted to meet you.”

“Bloodthirst! There you are!” Before Bloodthirst could reply, Sweetie Belle called.

“Sweetie Belle? Why are you looking for me?”

“Mommy!” Novella cried, leaping to her mother.

“Novella! What’s with all those bruises on your body?”

“Some bullies tried to kill Snizzy, but he saved us in time!” She explained, pointing to Bloodthirst.

“I happened to see all the ruckus going on, so I came to intervene,” added Bloodthirst. “These bullies won’t believe about me for the time being.”

“I see, so you saved my daughter,” replied Sweetie gracefully. “You know, we bought this squirrel from Fluttershy at around five hundred bits! If you didn’t save him in time I’m very sure Fluttershy will be very, very mad.”

“You know, Mommy,” said Novella. “You were right. Bloodthirst isn’t a scary pony. He’s a hero!”

“I was quite surprised,” went on Bloodthirst. “Children are usually scared when they see my horrible figure.” He hung his head low, thinking about his sad times again. “I honestly loved children. They are just too adorable.”

Sweetie Belle cheered him. “Don’t be sad. I already told Novella that you’re just an innocent vampire pony. You just wanted to be friends with everypony in Ponyville.”

“Yeah, you gave those bullies a lesson! You’re my best big brother,” Novella said, hugging him. He could only look at her embarrassingly.

“Oh, by the way, Bloodthirst,” said Sweetie Belle. “Would you like to come and see me tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow? What for?”

“Wait and see,” she replied. “I’m taking you to meet somepony special. In the meantime just go home and rest. Rarity probably wants you now…”

“Oh, alright…” He said and went back.

Later, during dinner, Bloodthirst sat with Rarity and her daughters around the dining table. Fortunately, there was room for a fourth pony.

“I hope this isn’t too narrow,” said Prudence Aura.

“It’s alright, it’s fine for me,” replied Bloodthirst.

“As long as you feel comfortable here, darling,” assured Rarity.

“So, what’s on the menu?”

“Stewed chicken in soup mixed with herbal spices. You’ll love it,” replied Platinum Royale.

Bloodthirst took a handful of the meat, and sank his fangs and teeth into it. At that moment, Bloodthirst brightened up.

“What’s the matter, Bloodthirst?” asked Prudence. “Is it too good for you?”

“I… I love it!” he said, with tears in his eyes. “It used to be my favorite food Mom cooked when I was a colt…! This is the first time in eight years I’m eating this!”

Rarity was surprised. “Oh, my! I didn’t realize that I cooked one of your past favorites! Must be all those years drinking blood, horrible!”

“Yes, I know.”

“Which reminds me,” interrupted Platinum. “Do you have any one of your adventures today?”

“Well…” he began. “Somepony called me a hero…”

“Oh! Who was it?” inquired Prudence.

“It’s… it’s Sweetie Belle’s daughter! I saw her being bullied, so I came to drive those bullies away…”

“You saved her, that’s why she called you a hero!”

“Novella Fantasy is just like her mother when she was a filly,” explained Rarity. “She’s desperate to find her own cutie mark, and along the way they did lots of silly things, mostly causing trouble but their innocent behavior has caught the attention of everypony. She’s formed a new Cutie Mark Crusader team with her mother’s friends’ children, and they all love taking risks to find their cutie marks. That’s why she isn’t scared seeing you.”

“But she told me that her mom told her all about me!”

“Told her all about you? That’s good then!” said Prudence. “We all like to listen to Auntie Sweetie’s stories!”

“I was really surprised, because usually, foals become scared when they see my appearance,” he said sadly. “But… this little filly was totally different. It’s like she’s an angel sent from heaven…”

“She’s our relative, definitely she’ll be close to you!” remarked Platinum.

“And don’t forget Malinae whom we met the first day!” reminded Prudence. “She’s also innocent.”

“Oh, yeah, Malinae,” said Bloodthirst, remembering the youngest daughter of Applejack who loved to paint anything in sight.

That night, Bloodthirst slept on a mattress beside Platinum’s bed. He felt quite uneasy lying down. He had a lot to think, the small filly, Novella Fantasy he met today and meeting Sweetie Belle for somepony special tomorrow.

Not long later he drifted to sleep.

But his fears soon began.

“Where am I? This is…” Huge amounts of heat surrounded and suffocated him. From the distance, he could hear the sound of fire burning.

“Fire… is this… Tartarus… again??” Apparently it wasn’t the first time he was dreaming this. From the day Platinum was discharged home, he began to have weird dreams.

As Bloodthirst ventured further, he could hear sounds of demons hissing. He was worried that they will eventually target him.

He walked over a deep valley, where he could see sharp metallic thorns and knives sticking out of the ground. He watched with horror as ponies were sent down to the valley, screaming as the thorns and knives pierced their bodies, making him feel gross.

Sure enough, he saw a disheveled mare, surrounded by demons.

“C’mon, tell us a lie…!” the demons pestered.

At first, the mare was reluctant, but then she gave in. Just as she finished, her tongue stretched out and in a flash, her tongue was cut away. Instantly, it grew back, but it got cut away again, over and over. Feeling feared out, Bloodthirst ran away.

As he walked on, he saw some more sufferings, ponies being thrown into a cauldron of boiling water, ponies being ripped off by weapons yielded by demons, and some are even hung upside down and beaten or burned. He even saw ponies thrown into flames and into a flaming pool of lava.

Feeling overwhelmed, Bloodthirst called, “Please, stop! Let them go! Please! I don’t want to see all of those sufferings!”

But it was no use. None of the demons, nor the ponies could hear him. He could hear voices within his mind. “You have committed too many sins in the past. These are what you see and what you’ll suffer! Be prepared to see your fate!”

Bloodthirst got more and more tensed every second and screamed with all his might. It was not until he felt somepony touching him and woke up with a start, panting and finding himself back in Platinum Royale’s room.

“Bloodthirst! Are you okay?” Platinum asked, concerned after seeing him waking up with sweat and looking tensed. “You look like you’ve just woke up from a nightmare!”

“I… did! For the third time already!” he replied hysterically. “I’ve been dreaming this ever since you came home! I just don’t know what to do…!” He fell into Platinum’s hooves and wept.

“Easy there, young boy,” comforted Platinum. “I’ll try to talk to my friends about this. Perhaps they can give some advice.”

“Are… you sure about that?”

“Trust me. You’ll be fine. Oh, and you’re supposed to meet Auntie Sweetie today, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Go and meet her later. Perhaps you’ll be calm. I’m sure there’s a way for your dilemma.”

Author's Note:

After a three-month long hiatus I'm back to my writing field. I'm back with a side story, hehehe

Note: I based on what Bloodthirst has seen in Tartarus from the hells in religious folklore, so it might be dark-themed. Read it at your own risk!