• Published 2nd Dec 2015
  • 409 Views, 0 Comments

A New Life for Bloodthirst - NgKQ



A side story from The Inheritors of Friendship, centering the vampire pony who had just lived in Ponyville.

  • ...
6
 0
 409

Chapter 4

Saturday came, and Rarity and Sweetie Belle’s families gathered at the train station.

“There you guys go,” said Elusive Streak, handing them each a ticket. “I managed to get them yesterday, they were nearly sold out like hot cakes!”

“What a quick move, Sir!” praised Sweetie Belle. “Imagine how hurry we would’ve been if we’re buying them now!”

“Indeed I cannot think of that,” agreed Rarity. “What a wise decision you did to avoid confusion and chaos!”

“Now then, Bloodthirst,” Sweetie Belle turned to him. “Still feeling nervous yet?”

“Uh, um, well…” he stammered, still couldn’t control his feelings.

“Why so nervous? You have me and everypony by your side!” cheered Novella Fantasy.

“Me too! Me too!” added her sister Sonatina.

“I think he needs a piece of his mind. It’s been eight years since he left his dear aunt in his old home,” said Platinum Royale as she led him to another corner.

“Thanks for being with me,” he told her. “I wish I was a unicorn, so that I can get there quick by magic…”

“Oh, you’re thinking too much, dear. Don’t panic, the train is arriving soon!” she calmed him.

A few minutes later the train arrived.

“Present your tickets, please!” the conductor ordered as everyone boarded.

Along the way, the children played, with Prudence Aura entertaining them while Rarity, Elusive and Sweetie Belle had their adult’s talk. Bloodthirst sat by the window looking at the scenery, with Platinum beside him. He closed his eyes, remembering the day he was forced to escape…

“Auntie Sweet Clover! I’m home!” a colt Bloodthirst shrilled excitedly at the door of his aunt’s house after returning from school.

He found her on the couch. She was a white earth mare with orange mane and tail, and a clover as her cutie mark. She would be standing at the door waiting for him, but today, she looked glum.

“Auntie Sweet Clover?” he asked. “Is something wrong with you?”

“Bloodthirst,” she began, in a rather sad tone. “I have to tell you something…”

“What is it?”

“Leave… this house,” she finished, with tears forming in her eyes.

“Leave? Why?” He was confused.

“Bloodthirst, listen to me. A mysterious-looking pony looked for me last night and claims himself to be your uncle…”

“My… UNCLE??!! Wait, wasn’t he supposed to be… dead, with my parents??”

“He told me that he wanted to take you along, and if we didn’t, he’d sworn to kill all of us. This isn’t the first time. He has already haunted me for a few nights before this. I don’t trust him if I would hand you over to him. He would’ve taught you bad ways, and as far as me and my mother know, he hates vampire ponies being with normal ponies…”

“No… no way! I can’t believe it!”

“Bloodthirst, let me tell you something. Everypony in this entire family loves you. That’s why, your parents would die to protect you.” She went and hugged him in tears. “Even I don’t want to lose you, and we could’ve died together…”

“…”

“Now, leave this home, quick before your uncle kills me and everyone in this house!”

“Wh-where do I go, and when do I come back?”

“Anywhere, but I am not sure when, but if you really are free from danger, make your way back home…!”

Bloodthirst could only stare at his aunt.

“Quick, escape now! Don’t get ourselves haunted by him again!”

“Al-alright…!” He replied, and turned and galloped away, turning his head back for every few moments. He could only see his beloved aunt in tears, not willing to see him leave. But this fate was inevitable.

“Goodbye…” she whispered as she watched him disappear to nowhere in the sunset.

The flashback ended, and Bloodthirst was in his seat, dozing off with tears flowing from his eyes.

“Bloodthirst? Are you fine?” Platinum Royale woke him up. “It looks like you’re crying. What happened to you?” She wiped his tears away.

“It’s just… well… remembering the day I left home…” he sighed, with his eyes beginning to water again. Platinum cuddled him.

“I don’t think you’re the only one thinking this. Your aunt must be thinking the same way, too,” she replied.

Bloodthirst nodded without a word.

The journey went on for another hour. Soon the announcement spoke that they have arrived at Dodge Junction.

“Alright, Bloodthirst,” said Sweetie Belle once everypony was on the platform. “Take us to where your aunt’s house is.”

“I’ll see if I can find the way,” he replied. “Dodge Junction has changed a lot since the past eight years, so I’m not sure if the road to her home is the same or not, and I don’t know if she’s moved out or not!”

“At least, we’ll try,” encouraged Platinum. “If we can’t we’ll ask the local mayor for help!”

“Alright, let’s go!” said Rarity.

For the next few minutes, they walked down the streets, hoping to find a clue. However, time after time, they passed many houses and ponies, but there was no sign of discovery from Bloodthirst.

“Darn it! Everywhere’s changed!” Bloodthirst said at last. “There’s little chance we might find Auntie Sweet Clover now!”

“Don’t panic,” calmed Elusive. “As my daughter says, we should look for the town mayor for help. I’m gonna ask for directions now.”

“You must be lost.” A crimson-haired, light yellow mare with cherries as her cutie mark called them. “I am the mayor of Dodge Junction. Do you need any help?”

“Speak of the devil!” blurted Prudence.

“Goodness, Cherry Jubilee! Is that you?” asked Rarity, surprised.

Cheery Jubilee looked at her. “You must be one of Applejack’s friends? Ah, yes, I remember you now!”

“Auntie Rarity, do you know her?” Novella asked.

“Well, yes I do! I first met her when we were looking for Applejack after she lost in an Equestria Rodeo long time ago. She’s got a huge cherry farm!”

“These are your kids?” asked Cherry.

“Yes, she’s my eldest daughter, and my youngest daughter, my sister, and my nieces!”

“Now back to the subject: What brings you all here?”

“Errm, well, we were helping this stallion to look for his family,” replied Platinum. “He has left this place for eight years, and everything has changed.”

“Who are you looking for, young stallion?”

“Do you by any chance know Sweet Clover?” asked Bloodthirst. “She’s my aunt…”

“Sweet Clover? Oh, yes! I know her well! She sometimes comes to my farm to buy my cherry products. Now wait, you’re her nephew? She sometimes talks to me about you…”

“You do!?” he asked excitedly.

“Why, yes! I’ve been to her house before. I remember once when she looked sad, and when I asked her, she told me that she was missing her dear nephew dearly, so I think it must be you.”

“Then can you take us to her house?” asked Sweetie Belle. “He hasn’t been seeing his aunt for eight years, because he was forced to run away from his evil, menacing uncle. Now he misses her dearly.”

“Eight years already? Oh, I’ve heard about that news before! A few months before this, there were ponies talking about a strange pony attacking a family, who eventually sacrificed themselves to save their son. Then, there was this news of a colt who mysteriously disappeared from the town, because he failed to show up at his school for several days! When it turned out to be the colt whose his parents had sacrificed themselves, Sweet Clover was interviewed, and she told them that his supposedly dead uncle was haunting them, and he was told to escape. Many expressed sympathy, and some vowed to kill him. Others thought she was mad by simply abandoning her kid. How saddening this is… It has been on the talk for many weeks!”

Bloodthirst listened, still feeling sad about his departure eight years ago.

“Now then, you’re Bloodthirst, aren’t you?”

“Err, yeah.”

“Come with me. I was only doing my stroll, and I didn’t think you would turn up to me suddenly. I think she’ll be happy to see you at last!”

“I think that was lucky!” whispered Prudence to Platinum.

The group followed Cherry Jubilee until they came to a mid-sized, sturdy house.

“It certainly hasn’t changed a lot,” said Bloodthirst, looking at it. “Despite a few repaints made at the walls.”

“Go on, be a man,” Rarity whispered. “Let her know you’re back, after missing for so many years.”

Bloodthirst paused for a moment. “Alright,” he said at last. Taking a deep breath, he rang the doorbell.

“Coming!” The voice of a foal sounded from inside. Everyone held their breaths as they went to hide at the sides.

The door opened to reveal a light peach-colored, green haired filly, who stared at her stranger.

“Err, who are you looking for?” enquired the filly.

“Err, umm, well,” he stammered out of nervousness. “I’m… just… looking, err, for…”

“Yes, Sweetie Peach, who’s at the door…?” A familiar voice to Bloodthirst called, and there, an orange-haired white earth mare appeared, and her jaw dropped as both of them stared at each other.

“Bloodthirst…” she called softly. “Is that… you?”

“It’s me, Auntie Sweet Clover,” he replied. “I’m back.”

Both of them charged against each other, bursting out into tears as they both hugged.

“I… I knew it was you…!” cried Sweet Clover.

“I have a lot to tell you,” replied Bloodthirst. “Everything!”

The filly looked on, confused. “Mom, who is he?”

“Sweetie Peach, meet your cousin,” she whispered to her. Then, as she turned around, she saw Rarity and Sweetie Belle’s families peeking inside.

“You must be his caretakers?” she asked them, getting up.

“Technically, we are,” answered Sweetie Belle. “He came to us in a poor condition, and we offered help.”

“If you ask him, he saved my daughter,” added Rarity.

“Is that so? Come in, come in, all of you. We can all talk what happened. I’m just excited seeing my nephew back.”

“You sure do,” chuckled Prudence Aura.

Once inside, everypony told Sweet Clover on their encounter with Bloodthirst, and what he has been recently suffering.

“So you all put an end to his uncle’s evil ways?” she asked them.

“You should thank Princess Melody Aurora and Chaos Control if you’re visiting Ponyville. They helped him to defeat him!” explained Prudence Aura. “I’ve seen everything, through my very eyes!”

“He told us that he wanted to leave for his hometown, but me and my friends feel that it’s better for him to stay here and learn more about friendship,” added Rarity.

“On second thoughts, I feel that it’s better for them to take care of me,” said Bloodthirst. “I feel like, I just want to learn more there. Everypony there seems friendly.”

“You know what, Auntie? He saved me and my pet squirrel from meanie bullies! He’s my hero!” chirped in Novella.

“My goodness! Looks like you’ve got a little idol!” Sweet Clover told Bloodthirst.

“I saw her in trouble, so I came myself over to help,” explained Bloodthirst. “But, to be frank, I have a passion for foals. They look innocent.”

“I’m glad you say so,” she said to him. “Why don’t you try talk to Sweetie Peach? She’s a cute, sweet pea.”

At that moment Sweetie Peach appeared, with a piece of paper in her mouth.

“I drew a picture for you!” she shrilled, showing him a drawing of a barn and a vast farm. “Do you like it?”

“Err, it’s… nice…?”

“Yay, thanks! You’re my best cousin!” She kissed him on the cheek. He could only blush.

“Peachy Sweet is always the bright one in the house,” chucked Sweet Clover. “Anypony in the neighborhood rings my bell, she’s the one who checks that out.”

“But what if it’s somepony dangerous?” asked Elusive.

“Oh, she’s got a sixth sense! She knows when to open the door and when not to! Then I would come over to check out!”

It reminded Rarity of Pinkie Pie’s “Pinkie Sense”.

“Hey Peachy!” called Sweetie Belle. “Why don’t you meet some new friends?” She signaled to Novella and Sonatina. “Go on, talk to her.”

“New friends?” she squealed excitedly.

“Let’s have a bit of introduction among ourselves, shall we?” asked Novella.

“In your room, sweetie!” Sweet Clover called. “These are your kids?” She turned to Sweetie Belle.

“Yep. They are always close to each other. Novella Fantasy is eager to find her true talent and her cutie mark, like how I used to long ago!”

“She and two other friends form the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and have famously created a little mischief while searching for their cutie marks!” explained Rarity.

“Oh, I see about that! Maybe one day Peachy dear would be eager to search one, too!”

“She sure will!” chuckled Platinum, and everyone laughed.

Later, as Cherry Jubilee took Elusive, Platinum, Prudence and Bloodthirst for a tour around Dodge Junction, Sweet Clover brought Rarity to her room, and handed her over Bloodthirst’s personal documents.

“There you go. I got word from Miss Cherry Jubilee that Bloodthirst wanted to make his identity card. After his parents died, I went to their house and personally went to collect everything important from there. I was supposed to save up for everything until it was time for him to have an identity card, but, I know, I can’t escape that fate…” She hung low, feeling depressed.

“Relax, that’s over now,” cheered Rarity. “Bloodthirst has matured, and he knows what to do now.”

“Thanks for the encouragement,” replied Sweet Clover. “You don’t mind him living with you?”

“Certainly not. He came to Ponyville for refuge, and the next thing you know, everything that’s happening now is amazing.”

Later that evening, as the others returned from their tour, a yellow, olive-green haired stallion was at the door. He was wearing working overalls.

“I’m home!” he called, and as he looked upon his guests, he asked. “Who are they?”

“Daddy!” Sweetie Peach chirped, jumping into his hooves. “Mom’s got new friends visiting!”

“Is it?” he asked, as he saw Bloodthirst in front of him.

“Err, hi, Unc,” he greeted embarrassingly.

“Who are you?” he asked, bewildered.

“Oh, Olive Harvest, you’re back. Meet Bloodthirst. He’s my long lost nephew!” Sweet Clover appeared.

“Oh, so you’re Bloodthirst, the colt my wife was talking about!” said Olive. “She used to talk to me about you before we were married.”

“Really?”

“There’s a lot more we can talk about. Why don’t we prepare for the campfire?”

“A campfire?” asked Platinum.

“Every Saturday, we always hold a family campfire,” Sweet Clover explained. “This is to celebrate the end of a working week.”

“Nice idea,” agreed Elusive Streak. “It’s been a while I had barbecue!”

A little while later the families lit the fire outside their home. Sweet Clover’s mother was there, narrating old time stories as they barbequed.

“Excuse me, Mom,” interrupted Sweet Clover all of a sudden. “Can me and my nephew have a little moment?”

“Hmmm, if you insist, Sweet Clover. It’s been darn long since you’ve been with him. I know that.”

“Thanks, Grandma.”

Sweet Clover led him to an open area in the farm, and they both laid down.

“It’s been a while we’ve been stargazing,” began Sweet Clover.

“First time in eight years…?”

“Back when you stargazed with your mother, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, kinda.”

“You got a lot of childhood memories that you can’t remember some, don’t you?”

“I guess… I missed a lot. I miss all the delicious food here, the peaceful countryside, and the nice ponies here.”

“Speaking of your mother…”

“You dreamt her, too?”

“How did you know about that?”

“When I dreamt of my mother, Princess Luna was with her, too. They told me that they would go looking for you…”

“Well, she told me that I would be coming over for the weekend, of course I was overjoyed. We talked on what have we lost in all those years…”

“Must’ve been a lot?”

“Indeed. Now I want to ask you: How’s life in Ponyville? You told me that everypony there’s friendly.”

“Especially Platinum Royale’s friends. One of them is a princess.”

“A princess? That’s an honor! She must be the daughter of Princess Twilight Sparkle, right?”

“How did you know?”

“I always knew that a princess is ruling Ponyville under the title ‘the Princess of Friendship’, and I got word from Madam Rarity that she’s got two children.”

“Err, yeah. She told me that her son is at Canterlot. Besides, Melody Aurora told me, how she stood strong, without a father…”

“Now, you see, there are more others who are almost like you, with one parent surviving or both dead. Depending on their choice, they may choose to live on or be in depression. Only the smartest ones know how to live on…”

Bloodthirst listened, full of thought.

“Auntie Sweet Clover, all through these years I’ve gone, I missed you deeply. I’ve been thinking about you, all the time when I had nopony to talk to…”

“I missed you, too. I’m deeply sorry for not saying goodbye to you in time. Ever since you left everypony in Dodge Junction has been talking about you. Some of them said they wanted to kill your uncle. Before I was married my husband would visit me, and when he saw your photos, and when I told him about you, he was sympathetic. He told me that he would’ve taken you as his own son if you were still here.”

“Have you told Sweetie Peach about this?”

“I sometimes tell her, ‘You’ve got a big cousin who’s away.’ Whenever I look at her, she always reminds me of a filly you…” She quietly shed tears.

Bloodthirst brought her into his arms and hugged. For the first time in eight years, both had felt the warmth of love and family reunion coming into them. It was as if fate had reversed, allowing them to meet again.

It was afternoon the next day, and it was time for Bloodthirst and everyone to head home.

“Thank you for visiting us, and bringing him back safely,” said Sweet Clover. “I hope you’ll continue to teach him good ways.”

“We will, Sweet Clover. Don’t worry,” replied Rarity.

“As long as he’s in safe hooves,” added Sweetie Belle.

“It’s a nice pleasure meeting you all,” said Elusive Streak.

“No problem,” replied Olive Harvest.

“We’ll come back to see you all again someday!” said Platinum Royale.

“Do come back! Do come back!” said Sweetie Peach.

“I’m going to miss you again, Auntie Sweet Clover,” Bloodthirst approached her.

“Me, too, darling,” she replied, hugging him. “Good luck in making new friends. Do come back whenever you can.”

“Cousin Bloodthirst! Cousin Bloodthirst!” Sweetie Peach called. “Take this!” She gave him her drawing.

“Your… drawing… Should I take it?”

“Take it,” encouraged Prudence Aura. “She loves you though.”

Taking the drawing from her, she hugged his hooves. “I love you!”

“Thanks, kid,” he said. “I will treasure it.” He turned to the group. “It’s time to go.”

“Right!” pipped in Novella Fantasy.

As she watched the train leave, Sweet Clover had tears in her eyes, feeling glad to see her nephew matured…

Author's Note:

Okay, this isn't the end yet. The next chapters will tell him on how Bloodthirst socializes, so stay tuned!