• Published 23rd Sep 2015
  • 1,565 Views, 12 Comments

Who Knew A Rainbow Could Go That Red. - Twyla In Wonderland



Rainbow Dash is known for her loyalty, not her love.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,565

Cuuuuute

Dash drove the ball to the basket and shot. When the ball bounced off the rim, a player from the other team caught the rebound. She made a fast break down the court and scored a layup. Dash passed the ball in bounds to Soarin who drove the ball down the court. He passed it back to her who shot a three-pointer just as the timer made its obnoxious buzz. The ball soared through the air and hit the backboard. It bounced and hit the rim. The ball spun around the rim maddeningly. Just as it seemed the ball was gonna fall to the floor, it finally dropped into the hoop. The home team roared, elated at the 65 to 64 victory they had just accomplished. Rainbow got thrown into the air by her teammates as they chanted her name.

"Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash!"

They put her down as her friends ran over. Pinkie practically dived on her.

"Well done, Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie supported.

"Thanks, Pinkie. Can you please get off me?" Dash asked after she said that she did.

"Nice skills out there Rainbow Dash." Rarity complimented her friend while helping her up.

"Thanks, Rarity... Um." She looks around her group of friends. "Where's Fluttershy?"

"Gone home... She were sick." Rarity replied.

Dash tilted her head in confusion. Sunset sighed. "She vomited everywhere."

"Applejack went to take her home," Pinkie said.

Rainbow Dash suddenly felt sad. Never in her life has Fluttershy missed one of her games. "Oh okay."

She walks off then over to Soarin. "Nice shot, Dash," He said smiling.

"Yeah I know... Um, can I talk to you... Privately?" She says sounding like she was about to cry.

"Yeah, sure. You okay?" Rainbow walks off followed by him.

"There is something, Rainbow is not telling us," Sunset said.

"I agree with you on that, dear." Rarity looked at the two.

"She has a secret... And the way I see it. It's pretty big." Pinkie said.

"Of course it is Pinkie. She walked away and went to Soarin. The look on his face said it all." Rarity said as they heard crying followed by.

"Don't worry, Rainbow Dash... Please don't cry!"




She laid down on the cool, comfortable sheets. She looks around at the familiar room, surrounded by the tokens of her childhood memories. Her swimming trophy from seventh grade stood out the most. Her eyes drift, but someone kept her awake. The thought of her kept her wide awake. "Why did I leave..." Fluttershy sighed as for the second time she let her eyes drift, then the front door open then shut. "Who's that?" Then she heard a muffled voice.

"Fluttershy, darling... Where are you?"

"Rarity." "Yeah!"

Footsteps reached her ears then a crack. The door opened slightly. "You okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You went home because you were sick."

"I... I wasn't sick.... I couldn't stay in that Gym..." Fluttershy looked down then covered herself up. Rarity walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Rainbow Dash was pretty upset, dear. She cried.... You have never missed one of her games. Why was, this time, different?" She asked as Fluttershy began to sob.

"I can't. Tell you."

Rarity placed her hand on Fluttershy's leg. "You can... We tell each other everything."

Fluttershy poked her head out. "It drives me insane... I have a crush on.... Rainbow." She said still teary eyed.

Rarity's eyes widen. "Rainbow Dash? Well to the sound of it she also likes you... That might be the reason she was upset... And asked where you was even though Applejack was gone as well. She only cared for you."

"She does?"

Rarity nodded as Fluttershy sat up. "Although I am quite shocked that you're um... Gay."

"How come? Wasn't it obvious?"

"Not really."

"Oh... Well." She yawned. "I might go to sleep. Wanna stay over?"

"Yeah sure... Let me get my stuff... I was supposed to go to my dad's, but I really don't get along with him... Be back soon." She gets up and walks out of the room.

Fluttershy sighed and fell back onto her bed. "I was a liar, I don't deserve her, I don't think she'll forgive me." She thought as she looked over to her bedside table. A picture of her and Dash when they were frenemies. She studded at the memory, as the picture had Fluttershy with a black eye.


"Why would you do that, I thought you were my friend!" The rainbow haired girl shouted.

"I didn't... Mess your tenth birthday up..." The timid girl said.

"Well everyone said you did!" She shouted making Shy become upset.

"Why would I! I would never do anything to hurt you!"

This brought everyone around them as Rainbow became confident. "Hit her Rainbow Dash!" Someone cried as Fluttershy began to back up.

"Yeah!" Another boy shouted. "Hit her!"

Rainbow looked back at Fluttershy; who were pleading her not to. "Please! I didn't do it... Don't hit m..." Too late.

Rainbow's fist went straight into Fluttershy's stomach. Her crumpled body hit the ground, she gasped for air, but oxygen eluded her grasp. Fluttershy's head was swimming as her organs regained their original volume: going from a pancake-like mass to their original life-saving state. She somehow managed to roll over and vomit. Helpless as a newborn, injured and out of energy, couldn’t breathe let alone protect herself from any more damage Rainbow were willing to deal out. She was a year younger than her so she had a stronger hit.

People around cheered as Rainbow smiled. Fluttershy managed to get up and continue. "I can't... Believe you!"

"She beat you. Just admit it and leave!" Hoops shouted walking next to Rainbow.

"I really thought we could... Be friends.... I guess you're just like the rest of them...." Fluttershy said.

"If you're bothered... Hit her back." Hoops said as Rainbow smiled.

"I'd slap you, but that would be animal abuse... Stupid fucking bitch!" She ran off crying just hearing the two.

"Did she just swear?" Dash asked.

"Yeah... Don't matter..."

...

Fluttershy jumped onto her bed in tears, her brother ran in. "Fluttershy!"

"Please... Leave me alone." She said into her pillow.

"What happened?" Heart asked.

"Rainbow Dash!"

"What did she do?"

She sat up and showed her stomach. A bruise. "She punched me cause she thought I ruined her party."

Then they heard a cry. "Fluttershy! Did you swear at Rainbow Dash!"

"Yeah! I don't care anymore!" She threw herself back down into her pillow as her mum walks in.

"Why?"

"Mum, Rainbow Dash punched her.... A fit of rage." Heart said as Pearl walked over.

"Can I see?"

Fluttershy continued to sob and pay no attention to anyone.


*Ring... Ring*

Fluttershy broke out of her daydream and answered her phone.

"Hello... Hi, Rarity... Alright, see you in five."

She hung up and looked back over to the picture and decided to fast-forward in her flashback.


*Ding Dong*

Fluttershy paused the T.V and walked over to the door and opened it. Stood on the other side were Rainbow Dash.

"Hi, Fluttershy... Mind if I come in?"

Fluttershy was unsure, but still let her in. "I wanted to say sorry... Hoops ruined my party last week... He said it were you so I believed him. I feel really bad for hitting you and..." Dash was cut off by Fluttershy hugging her.

"It's okay... I forgive you."

Dash returned the hug as someone walked in. "I thought you were going to hit her!" He shouted.

"Go away, Hoops!" Rainbow shouted letting go of the hug.

"I thought you were cool," He said.

"It's not cool to punch someone who is clearly younger than me."

"I'll show you." Hoops went to punch Dash all of them closed their eyes until they hear a thud.

Dash opened her eyes to see she were fine, but on the ground were Fluttershy and her brother walked in just in time. "Hey!"

He ran over to the three children. "Why did you hit her... A girl as well."

Hoops began to shake. "Her own fault."

Hearts pulled something off his belt and hooked it around Hoops. "Handcuffs?!"

"Yep." Hearts dragged Hoops away.

Rainbow heard laughing and then a crack. Fluttershy got up and cracked her knuckles. "Stupid."

Dash gasped. "Your eye!"

"Doesn't matter... As long as we're friends, nothing will matter."

They hugged each other once again as they both bust into laughter.


Fluttershy smiled at the memory as Rarity walked in. "Hi again."

"Hey." She sat up.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Just had a flashback."

"Alright."

...

Dash threw herself onto her bed still upset that Fluttershy left her hanging at the game. She slammed her fist down on her pillow crying as the salt of her soul leaked out of her and stained her pillow. "For fucks sake!" Then the slightest noise scared her half to death.

*Ring...Ring*

Dash rolled over and answered. "Hello."

"Oh..." She sat up. "She's hurt... I'm on my way!"

She jumped out of bed, grabbed her hoodie and trainers and ran for the door. The track blurred below her as she felt a surge of adrenaline. The steady thump of her footsteps echoed in her ears and she felt a bead of sweat roll down her forehead. Dash made it in a matter of 3 minutes. Rarity was on the phone and she told her that Fluttershy had been hurt trying to find her at the gym. She ran in to see it as it was a few hours ago. No one was in sight, she walked in looking around like it had been abandoned for years. Dash was about in the middle of the basketball court when the door slammed shut. A quick reaction left Rainbow scared.

A flash of pink made her run to the girl's changing rooms, arriving she slammed the door shut only to turn around to see Fluttershy.

"Ahhh!" She screamed making Fluttershy wince.

"Um... Sorry Rainbow. I didn't mean to scare you." She said looking down.

"It's okay, but are you?"

"Yeah, why would you... Think I'm not?"

"Rarity called up saying you came down here then got hurt."

"I got hurt.... And you... I left you at the most important match of your life... What sort of friend am I?"

"A great friend. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Fluttershy smiled as Rainbow gave her a hug. "I'm glad that we're friends." Shy said.

"I was hoping to become more than friends." Shy pulled away.

"What you on about?"

"I really wanna be more then friends you know." Dash smiled as Fluttershy blushed.

"I know." She giggled as they went for a kiss.

Fluttershy could feel butterflies in her stomach as Dash leaned down with her soft gentle lips and planted a soft sensual kiss on her mouth. Sparks flew as a connection was created. Shy returned the kiss but with more passion. She wanted to show her how she felt. Fluttershy parted her lips and slipped a tongue in Dash's mouth and massaged it with her, tongues dancing together as she happily joined in. Rainbow pulled away about 2 minutes into it, Shy smiled as Dash let her into her embrace. Then someone's phone went off.

"Sorry." Shy pulled her phone out and checked her message.

Rarity:

Hey, Where are you at?

Fluttershy:

At school with Rainbow Dash.

Rarity:

Alright, I'll come and pick you two up.

Fluttershy:

K.

Fluttershy looked up. "Rarity is coming to pick us up."

"Alright... Let's head outside."


Fluttershy and Rainbow go into Rarity's car together. She smiled.

"You two going out?" Rarity asked as she spotted them holding hands.

"Yeah." Dash said as Fluttershy leaned on her, Dash then blushed.

"Who knew a rainbow could go that red." Shy said as they all laughed.

"I knew they would end up together." Rarity drove off

Author's Note:

P.S This was kinda rushed and never seen a basket ball game

Comments ( 12 )

Not bad for writing it in an hour =D! You seem to have trouble with was and were and you made a few other grammatical errors but overall it was well written even if it was a little awkward at times. Keep up the good work and let me know if you want me tell you the grammatical errors I noticed.

6454619 Yeah sure... I'm extremely Ill so I'm tying to get this story out as soon as possible so, please do tell me the mistakes

6454888 I've seen more mistakes on a college-level science fair project. Literally.

This was good!

Been waaay too long since I read some FlutterDash.

Anyways, if you wnet back and edited this, it'd make a fine story. Good job!

~Wishy

Okay, you used the wrong tense. It is were, not was. On almost everything. I had to point that out, my apologies. I loved your concept, but you should work with an editor.

6457599 on all as in all the was's should be were's?

6457634
Okay, you know in the flashbacks? Those should be were. And if you are referring to a period in the past rather than present, it should be a were. Was is present and past, but only in the sense of this: "I was so excited!" But were should be used as "We were so excited." Or referring to another, such as "You were so cool!" Was is only past tense if you refer to yourself or an event, i.e. "That was so cool!"

I'm so lost right now. Who is Hoops? Is he an OC? Also why is he picking a fight with Flutters and Dashie? Is he mad that Dashie figured out he ruined the party and why is Hearts arresting him?

6846452
Hoops is one of the bullis RD raced in The Cutie Mark Chronicles

6855412 oh ok. Why did he get arrested in the story. I missed that part

6856223 sorry I should have made that more clearer... so it was only to scare him... take him down to the station... sorry if I didn't make that clear :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment