• Published 18th Nov 2015
  • 5,310 Views, 212 Comments

The Untold Story of Mystic Sparkle - Admiral Q Ponyform



In a devastated Equestria one sister plans to go back in time and save a sister she never met.

  • ...
25
 212
 5,310

A New Hideout

Author's Note:

And here it is folks

Celestia overlooked Canterlot from her balcony. She nolonger called it her city. She hates these ponies. She and her sister talked and they will rebuild their old castle. They trust the ponies of Ponyville over Canterlot and some time away from the city might humble it a bit. A foal crying pulled her out of her thoughts. She went over to the recently installed crib. Inside was a white alicorn foal with a light blue mane and tail. She picked her up and got a bottle to feed the foal. She wished she could feed her new daughter properly but she didn't give birth to this one. The last one she did is currently in another world. But a bottle will do and New Dawn greedy sucked it. “I wonder how you will change history my daughter. Certainly better then what the Bluebloods planned. I eager to see what it could be.” She walked back out to the balcony and looked at Ponyville with her daughter in her wings.

Luna then appeared before her. “Sister! We believe some of Blueblood's followers have been missed and are heading for the Empire!”

“Have you notified Cadence and Shining!?” Celestia asked worried.

“Yes but no telling how much of a head start they have.” Celestia have a hard look, her orange mane going more flame like.

“Go sister. Defend my daughter.” Luna nodded and teleported away.

Twilight was in the Empire's library. I was using it to distract myself from recent events. Spike was out grabbing some books for her. Such fascinating subjects these books had. I was already looking to adapt some ideas for the future. Flash stood nearby keeping watch….and eyeing my flank on occasion I bet. Thankfully we have had time for each other in private. I notice a unicorn nearby by, scanning the books. I went back to my reading. After a few minutes I heard Flash tell out. “Twilight! Shield!” On instinct I do so. My BBBFF and Flash teaching me on it. And it paid off. Several beams hit against it. A glance around to see several unicorns around her on the various levels. Flash was battling one and I heard flames and a pony screaming. I held my shield and pressed a crystal Shining gave me. I held my shield which was taxing with so many attacks on me. But it was holding. Soon Crystal Guard arrived and the unicorns subdued. I looked around and it seemed the threat was over….for now. I dropped my shield and Flash was soon looking me over for wounds.

“I'm fine Flash, just a bit winded from the shield.”

“You're sure Twilight?”

“I am. Shield went up before they could land a hit thanks to your warning.” He blushed a bit and rubbed the back of his head.

“Doing my duty ma'am.” Before it could go further a Crystal Guard approached.

“Princess Twilight, are you alright?”

“Yes, thank you for your timely arrival.” The stallion nodded as they dragged the unicorns out though some remained. Shining galloped in and searched for me. Upon see me he ran over and hugged me. It felt so safe next to his body. Always a source of safety he has been for me. We stayed like that for a minute. A clipping of hooves was heard behind them. “ Are you okay Twilight Sparkle?” Luna asked concerned. I nodded to her and she sighed in relief. Tension visibly leaving her body. “Thank the Moon. I came as soon as we learned of this attempt.”

“Now how do they know I was here much less that I am still alive?”

“Likely still spies in Canterlot and the staff. We will look into it.” Luna said with a finality. That was not good. It seems even the Empire wasn't as safe as she thought.

“Well let’s get you to the palace.” My brother suggested. That was a good idea so I nodded my head and we were off.

*******************

Thankfully they ran into no issues getting back into the palace and they discussed want to do next. I barely heard it as I did my own thinking. Shiny would tighten security but all it would take is one lucky pony and I would be dead. I needed a place where she had all the advantages. She paced in the impromptu meeting in her quarters. I passed the mirror in the living room. I looked at it. It was the one where Sunset lived in. I had been studying it during my stay….then the light bulb went off.

“I've got it!” All talk stopped and they were all staring at me. I have an awkward smile.

“We are listening.” Luna said.

“I go to there.” I pointed to the mirror.

“But the portal is closed.” Cadance pointed out. I have her a grin.

“But it can be opened. I have been researching the portal and it can be opened.” I rubbed my cheek in thought. “It would be easier if there was something there had a magic connected to something here.”

“My sister may have something.” We all looked at her. She glanced at all of us before continuing. “Not long after you came back from that word I saw her stroke a book. I asked about it and she said it was a book made to keep in contact with Sunset Shimmer like she uses Spike with you. When Sunset Shimmer left she had her room searched and could not find Sunset Summer’s book. Which means she likely took it.” Oh I was giddy.

“Have her send the book. I will work on the portal the mean time.” I left to gather the items I need. Flash ever by my side. I began making the device to force the portal to open on command. Soon there was flash before and a book was revealed. It was mainly brown with gold highlights with just Celestia's mark on the front. I felt the cover before putting the book in the device. It powered up and glowed lavender before the portal swirled in the mirror. YES! IT WORKS! I did a little dance then rushed to get my stuff…And Flash. Shiny it made it clear that Flash was coming. I certainly didn't mind. In an hour we were ready. Said my goodbyes to my family and stepped through.

It took me a moment to get use to walking on two legs instead of four. But I quickly move out of the way as Flash came through in a mess. I couldn't help but chuckle at it and helped him up. I then notice the difference between the Flashes. While both taller then me the Flash before me was more buff then the local version. His armor was still there but not metal anymore but cloth and some material she hadn't seen before. Flash looked at me. “Twilight, is that you?” I nodded.

“Quite a difference isn't it?” He gave that awe nod. She smirked as she viewed the school area. It was currently empty so either school closed for weekend or school was still in session. Time was wacky between Equestria and here. Sunset should be nearing thirty but is eighteen here. Even I was deaged. Flash looked around.

“Certainly not like our Canterlot.” Flash commented. I looked around and nodded. The place was far too spartan for the likes of the nobility. It made me smirk.

“Yeah..better in my opinion.” Before he could comment further a bell rang out and in minutes students poured out of the building. I looked around and soon I found my other girls. They were chatting amongst each other heading out way till Rarity noticed me and elbowed Rainbow. Rainbow squawked and glared at Rarity. Rarity nodded her head in my direction and she looked and saw me.

“Twilight!” They all look at me and I waved at them and they hurried over.

“What cha doing here Twi? Not like we aren't glad to see ya but thought ya be busy doing princess stuff.”

“Not to mention it’s too early for the portal to open back up again.” Sunset commented.

“Let's discuss this at Sugarcube Corner.” I replied. They frowned but agreed. I lead Flash to one of the cars. He looked it with curiosity as Rarity drive them.

**************

We were gathered around a large table eating dinner as I explain what was going on back home. They were all shocked and Pinkie's mane…or did they call it hair here? Anyway her hair deflated and both she and Fluttershy went over and hugged me. I accepted it and I felt tears flow. I needed this. To feel loved. Rainbow not matter which version was ready to go kick flank. I put my hand on hers. She looked at me and I looked directly at her.

“Right now I need you here. Pony Rainbow couldn't but you can.” She frowned but nodded.

“So where are you going to stay?” Rarity asked.

“My family could help in that.” Applejack suggested.

“My place would be better. More room and closer to school so she can go back with ease.” Sunset said.

“Oh…” I didn't think she could. After I came back from last time I thought what she would have to deal with. Being likely homeless and no support. She kinda felt bad leaving the unicorn here. My only comfort was the fact she had survived for a while before she stole my crown. “That sounds good.”

“Ssssooo. Did this Flash get the lucky drawn to go with Twilight or…?” Flash have her a smirk.

“Oh I got lucky well before then.” He put an arm around me. There was a collective ooooohhhhh! From the girls and I blushed. I guess now would be a good time to tell them.

“Yes me and Flash have been seeing each other in secret.”

“Why in secret?” Rarity asked.

“Because I am a commoner.” Flash said coldly. “It would be improper of me to be in such a relationship with royalty.” His eyes narrowed. “Nevermind they hate Twilight's policies. Her purpose it to wed one of them and pump out foals to use for their purposes.” The girls blanched at that. I scowled myself. Thinking back I had several noble stallions…and a few mares try to court her. All likely power plays with the stallions hoping for foals to spread their ideas with her power. THE NERVE! And it seems her friends were repulsed by the idea. Well except Sunset. She was pure anger.

“Thinking on it.” Sunset began. “I would be surprised if they were part of the reason I acted like I did when I was Celestia's student. All the entitlement and power hungry. I am more social then Twilight so was more vulnerable to that way of thinking.”

*******************

After so more light hearted small talk Rarity took us to Sunset's place since me and Flash couldn't fit on her bike. They pulled into a mansion near a wooded area. How did Sunset afford such a place? They got out and Rarity departed for her job and Sunset let us in. And I saw Principle Celestia waiting for us. That caused me to pause and blink. Celestia chuckled.

“I see Sunset didn't tell you she was living with me.” I shook my head.

“Well you didn't leave me much choice.” Sunset remarked.

“Well I demanded you show me where you were living and an a abandoned factory was not a proper home.”

“Yeah but still odd to be living with ANOTHER Celestia.” Celestia smirked.

“I guess I am just that kind of person.” The doorbell rang and Sunset answered it.

“Hey Sunny!” A strangely familiar voice said. I looked around and saw…..

ME.

Comments ( 29 )

Very Nice, is that the human Flash Sentry?.

Yay, it's back!

And yet another great chapter! Twilight meets Sci-Twi!
But where's Spike?
I figured that he'd go with Twi and Flash
Anyway, looking forward, with MUCH anticipation, to the next one.

Only one real caveat: The spacing between paragraphs is a bit weird... and wide.
I don't suppose there's any way you could fix that and narrow them up a bit, is there?

10022374
Ok, so what's Twilight and Flash Sentry doing in the human world?.

10022380
Could fix that and Spike is with the mane 6

10022440
Yes, I did. great chapter.

I'm guessing the humane five and Sunset have heard what's going on back at Equestria.

10022458
The sugarcube scene

10022458
Yes all of Sugarcube corner was about telling them what is going on

10022440
Did you proof read the chapter?

They trust the ponies of Ponyville over Camelot

And plenty more, was this chapter rushed?

Another good place for Twilight to be safe the Penumbra Lands as the only ponies that know about it are Celestia and Luna, but that would make this story a crossover.

10022835
Not interested in cross overs

10022875
Fair enough, though you must admit that such mysterious place would be safe for Twilight.

10022441 Okay.
The only reason I really noticed it in this chapter is because when I reread the previous chapters, the spacing was normal.
So, yeah.

And cool.

10023216
Yeah hard to tell when you type on phone.

The ending of this chapter can be summed up like this:

10023699
Yup and thought up of recently

this should be interesting,Twilight meets Sci-Twi

10034563
yup and who Sci Twi is dating

I have plans on making my own assainsverse story, base on this story main concept of Mystic sparkle traveling back in time to save twilight and the future. It will share elements of yours and rated pony star stories with my own original spin to it. Will that be ok with you ?

10214757
PM me more details before I even consider that.

Comment posted by Mpony1 deleted May 3rd, 2020

10022441 Hey, bud.
Just so you know, the spacing is STILL wonky.
Might want to tighten them up up at some point.

I will say that switching to a first-person perspective after the first 4 chapters and the opening of this chapter was third person is very jarring.

Is this story dead?

11696182
no just workign on others right now

Login or register to comment