• Published 19th Aug 2015
  • 448 Views, 0 Comments

Adventures with the Son of Chaos and Harmony. - Godmutt

  • ...
6
 0
 448

The Stone

The next morning came, and they were both beginning to yawn after their long night of conversation.
Soma knew he should probably head home, but he felt as though something bad would happen if he did.. After all, dragons were rumored to be unimaginably powerful beings.. This one could be an omen or something.. He'd heard lots of bedtime stories about the last of some species being the only one left, and then they would turn out to be all powerful beings of doom and destruction!!!

Or at least, that's what the guards always said. But every story started with that last of the species making a friend. And it ended in that friend being used for evil.

----

'The monster pony is letting his guard down..' Brush thought to herself. 'I think we're friends now.'

She knew it wouldn't last long, and he'd leave and possibly never return.. But she still had hopes of him becoming her best friend.
She just had to keep faith that she wouldn't let instinct take over, like it did last time..

But enough negativity! She was going to focus on the time she could use to learn about normal Equestrian culture!

---

In just a few hours, Brush had taken in information about Equestrian Royalty, normal food, and lots of magic!
She even learned a spell or twenty! She had practiced levitation using Soma, and had succeeded in throwing him in the air!

While she still couldn't do as much as the pony, she could do MUCH more than she did the day before.

And she intended to use her new skills. She intended to use them very much, in survival and fun.

---

Soon, Soma knew it was time to go home. So they said their goodbyes, and Soma left, taking his torn belongings with him. And Brush began to explore deeper into the cavern. As she traveled down the winding tunnels, she noticed something.. She'd never been down this way.

The tunnels continued to get bigger, and bigger, until she could fly in full circles. Eventually the walls of the tunnels smoothed out, and they started twisting and turning. They soon straightened, and Brush could see a light at the end of the corridor! "THANK GOODNESSS!!" She yelled, as she'd been walking for what must have been hours! She started running, and reached the end, only to realize that the corridor opened into a HUGE room.

Directly in the center was a glowing stone.

Author's Note:

The creator of Soma says, and I quote, "REEER REEER REEEER! That was meant for all the cicadas out there." Just wanted to put that out there.