• Published 19th Aug 2015
  • 449 Views, 0 Comments

Adventures with the Son of Chaos and Harmony. - Godmutt

  • ...
6
 0
 449

The Blood.

Soma looked to her, trembling with true fear.

"P-Please don't kill me.." He said quietly, with a whimper at the end.

"I won't. I'm just here to prepare you for the beasts."

He began to hyperventilate.

"BRUSH HELP MEE!!!" He screamed. He looked frantically to the exit from the cave.

He shut his eyes tight, and concentrated on his dragon friend. "Brush.. If you can hear me.. help.. she's about to feed me to some beast.."

He waited for an answer.

The draconequus could feel tears in his eyes, like floodgates fighting to be opened. He looked to Nightshade, and whispered "Why.."

She laughed at him, like he was nothing but a colt.

Nightshade brought the knife down on his wing with one swift movement, like an arrow piercing the blue sky.

He could feel the heat of his blood streaming down his side, slowly spreading through his fur. She was giggling..

The walls were fading around him..

His head slumped and he passed out.

--

Brush had been running through the fog for a few minutes, now, and still had not lost the creature.

She shot a burst of flame behind her once more, causing the beast to fall back. It was covered in its own blood, giving it an even more gruesome look to it.

"Brush.. If you can hear me.. help.. she's about to feed me to some beast.."

Her ears perked up. "Soma!.." She mumbled to herself. The beast screamed again. It was right above her, running on the ceiling.

She spread her wings, the tips still feet away from the walls of the passageway. now that they were deeper into the tunnel, the misty fog had dissipated, allowing the emerald green dragon to run faster without having to worry about running into any obstacles.

She could also see farther ahead.

Running through twisting tunnels, she saw a light ahead. There was a silhouette in the tunnels, partially blocking out the source of illumination. She looked closer, to see that it was a mare. An alicorn mare. She ran faster, closing her wings again. The beast above her screeched and fell back.

The mare screeched in a similar tone to the beasts infernal noise.

The emerald dragon ran to the mare, to see that she had metal wings, with strips of leather where skin would be. Her horn was glowing with a black aura, and her mane was the color of the purest gold in the entire mountain. Her tail, however was pitch black. Her coat was a rusty color, that seemed to have an underlying color to it. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of auburn. She was holding a curved blade in her black and grey aura.

"I am Nighshade, ruler of the beasts. And you are Brush. One of the beasts." The mare said this slowly, and took a step closer to the green dragon.

Brush slowly backed up, and turned her head to see behind.

There were more monsters..

She turned back to face the mare, to find they were nose to nose.

"Welcome to the Core." Was all she said.

The next few moments were such a blur, Brush could only remember a scuffle, bursts of flame, and a single blow to the back of her head.