• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 4,646 Views, 34 Comments

Journey of the Spark - LordMalevar063

  • ...
5
 34
 4,646

Deep Slumber

Author's Note:

Just two more chapters than this story is done. I did this back in August and continued doing this story until it was completely done, and it is almost at the end of the year. I hope you fans enjoyed this as well as I did.

It was one quite adventure for me. Just wish we could have seen the movie before it got cancelled.

The smoke clears in a matter of minutes, show a slumped, unmoving Twilight surrounded by pieces of debris.

"Twilight!" yelled Spike.

Spike and the rest of the group run up to Twilight. The group backs away for a brief moment, seeing that Twilight has been hurt greatly. Celestia walks up to Twilight. She kneels before Twilight, who was remaining lifeless.

"Princess?" said Fluttetrshy. "Is… is Twilight okay?"

"Twilight? You alright, sugarcube?" said Applejack.

Spike walks over to Twilight's side. ""Twilight?" said Spike, hoping for a reply. "Come on, Twilight! Wake up… Twilight?" Spike shakes Twilight a bit to see if she will wake up.

Twilight still doesn't move.

"Twilight!? TWILIGHT! No… please!"

"Everypony, clear the way!" said Celestia. "Girls, follow me to the castle."

Spike lifts his head and backs away from Twilight's body.

From higher up the castle, Chrysalis looks down at the sight from below, damaged and fatigued from the battle. She looks on with a look of apathy and intrigue.

Twilight is placed on a small bed, her eyes shut and unmoving. The girls look at their friend, saddened and filled with sorrow. Each of them have tears welling up in their eyes.

"H-how… how is she Princess?" asked Rarity. "Is she-"

"She's alright," answered Princess Celestia. "She's still alive. But she appears to be lost in a deep slumber. The strain of magical energy was too much for her."

"She risked her life to save everypony," sniffed a tearing Pinkie Pie.

"You always gave it 120% everytime, huh, Twilight?" Rainbow Dash sniffed.

Spike walks closer towards the bed and looks at Twilight. "Twilight… if you can hear me… we just want you to know that… we… we love you Twilight." Spike began to cry. "We don't wanna lose you! You… you were the first friend I ever had. Please Twilight… come back. Please…"

The dragon was trying to hold back his tears. Then he whispered: "I'm not ready to say goodbye."

Twilight doesn't reply. The group hangs their heads low. Suddenly, a bright light begins to float into the room. The ponies and Spike look up, surprised and slightly startled by the light's presence. The light forms itself into the Element of Magic, in the form of a alicorn and turns to Celestia.

"You chose a wonderful pupil, Celestia," said the Element of Magic. "A pony capable of showing all of life's precious gifts to the world. Her trials were great. But she has earned the chance to start anew." The Element of Magic stands besides Twilight and closes her eyes.

(A song called {The Spark Within (Reprise} was to be sung here.)

Then Element of Magic disappears.

Twilight gave a small, tired groan.

"Tw-Twilight?" groaned Spike.

Twilight weakly turns her head. Her eyes flutter open. "S… Spike?"

"Twilight!" Spike runs to Twilight, burying himself in her arms and weeping tears of joy. Twilight grunts when Spike hugs her, still a bit weak. "I thought you were gone forever!"

Twilight's friends were gasping with relief.

"You were definitely a goner for a second, Twi'," said Applejack.

"Wha- what happened?" asked Twilight.

The girls shake their heads, unknowing of what they have just witnessed. All look to Celestia.

"What happened, Princess?" Rainbow Dash asked Celestia.

Celestia pauses for a moment, still half-surprised at Twilight's rebirth. She smiles. "She is ready." Celestia leads the ponies and Spike outside the castle.

The sun shines brightly as the ponies, Celestia, Luna, and Spike walk out of Canterlot Castle.

Below, all of Canterlot cheers wildly for Twilight and her friends. Confetti, streamers, and possibly balloons float down from the sky as triumphant music plays. Twilight begins to well up with tears of joy.