• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 4,646 Views, 34 Comments

Journey of the Spark - LordMalevar063

  • ...
5
 34
 4,646

Battle Over the Rigde

Author's Note:

Well, it took a little longer than expected. A long battle and maybe the longest chapter. In this chapter, our heroes constitute to battle the Changelings. They battle over a bridge the train rides over a gorge.

Pretty interesting, huh? What will happen to the ponies and the dragon as they face Changelings over a deep chasm? Read and find out what happens in the next stunning chapter of the canceled fan film.

The train rushes farther away from Appleloosa as the girls catch their breath. The last time they ever fought that hard was at Canterlot Castle when the Changelings were attacking the group who were on their way to get the Elements of Harmony, in hopes of defeating the Changeling Queen.

The ponies and Spike calmed down after several seconds of hard breathing; hopefully they had lost the Changelings behind them. Unknowingly to them, there is a Changeling upon them, in the form of Rainbow Dash.

"You think we lost them?" asked Spike, still breathing heavily.

Applejack looks from out of the train to see another swarm of Changelings hot on their trail. It seemed Round 2 was about to begin.

"Criminy!" Applejack grunted. "It just never ends!"

The Changelings landed with great thuds on the top of the train, light clanging from their hoofsteps heard from the cabin below. The ponies inside the train were startled by the sounds above them.

"It's another ambush!" shouted Applejack. "Everybody get to the top!"

Just in a quick instant that happened faster than the blink of an eye, a few of the Changelings break through the windows and begin to drag Pinkie outside.

Pinkie Pie starts yelping, greatly and loudly.

"Pinkie!" gasped Spike.

The Changelings carried Pinkie out and lifted her high above the train. "Let me go!" she snapped. "Let- uh oh." Below the pink pony, she was gazing at an enormous gorge with one track going over it.

The train picks up speed as it starts rushing over the gorge.

Without any warning, the Changelings swing Pinkie forward and throw her off into the gorge below.

Pinkie Pie yelled out an elongated scream: "AARRRRGGGGGHHHH!"

Suddenly, Pinkie was caught by a flying blue Pegasus pony. The pony was Rainbow Dash, the real Rainbow Dash.

"Dashie!" said Pinkie, gleefully.

"Pinkie, listen to me!" said Rainbow Dash. "There's a Changeling on the train disguised as me!"

"Really? Wait." Pinkie studied the blue pony carefully. "How do I know you're not the Changeling!?"

"Would I lie!?" asked Rainbow Dash, smiling big and wide.

"...Yes."

"Come on!" said Rainbow Dash, soaring fast like a jet.

"Woahh!" Pinkie shouted, holding onto Rainbow's neck.

Rainbow and Pinkie fly off, back towards the train.

The other Changelings burst in through the windows and another fight ensues with the ponies and the Changelings. One of the Changelings pounces onto Applejack, pinning her down and choking her as the two struggle with each other.

"Gahh! Urgh! URGH!" Applejack was at the mercy at the Changeling. She gravely struggles with the Changeling until her hind-leg finds enough footing to buck him off. The Changeling is pounced against one of the doors, forcing it open. The air pressure sucks the Changeling outwards along with Applejack.

Applejack gave a quick yelp.

"Applejack!" shouted Fluttershy, in her timid voice.

Applejack holds onto the edge of the train railing with her hooves still barely holding on for dear life, looking at the deep chasm of the gorge below. She struggles to get back up.

"Hurry!" said Rarity. "Let's find some rope to pull her up!" Rarity and Fluttershy scour the cabin to find some rope.

Meanwhile outside the train, Rainbow and Pinkie fly closer to the train and land gently on top.

"Quick, let's get inside!" said Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie nodded in agreement.

Back inside, Applejack begins slipping further and further. Just before she falls, the fake Rainbow Dash inside the train grabs AJ's hoof.

Applejack was so relieved not realizing the fake Rainbow Dash was holding her hoof. "Rainbow! Pull me up! Rainbow!"

But before her eyes, the fake Rainbow reverts back to the Changeling. Applejack's eyes widen. The Changeling lets go of his victim as he watches Applejack falls into the gorge below.

"Nooo!" yelled Applejack.

The girls then start to rummage through Applejack's saddle bag and pull out a long lasso.

The real Rainbow Dash alongside Pinkie Pie fall down into the main cabin and battle against the Changeling.

"Rainbow Dash!" said Rarity. "Hurry!" Rarity throws one end of the lasso to Rainbow Dash.

"I got it!" replied Rainbow Dash. "Tie that rope to something, I'm going in!"

Rainbow Dash dives out of the train after Applejack. Rainbow manages to catch up to AJ.

"Rainbow Dash!" called out Applejack.

"Urgh! Hang on!" grunted Rainbow, through gritted teeth.

Rainbow Dash flies at breakneck speed and manages to slip the lasso around Applejack, tightening the noose so the lasso is tightly secured.

"What're you doing!?" asked Applejack.

"We already lost Twilight!" answered the blue pony. "I'm not gonna lose anyone else! We're in this together, alright!?"

"Oh, thank Celestia, it's the real you!"

Meanwhile back on the train, Pinkie retreats to the cart where Fluttershy and Rarity are on as they're being surrounded by Changelings on both ends. From below, Applejack and Rainbow Dash notice how dire the situation is becoming while Applejack gets an idea. "Rainbow! Swing me back and forth!"

"Huh?!"

"If we can build up momentum to swing back topside fast enough, we can knock out two birds with one stone!"

"Then let's do it!" Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash begins swinging Applejack backwards and forwards. The orange pony soon gains enough momentum to swing back onto the top of the train cart, kicking a few of the Changelings off.

Rainbow Dash races back up to the main cart and backs up Fluttershy and Rarity. All the while, the Elite Changeling that took on Rainbow Dash's form retreats up top.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Rainbow Dash yelled at the Changeling.

Rainbow Dash joins Applejack and Pinkie on top of the train as the Elite Changeling becomes cornered by the three mares.

"Give it up!" Applejack demanded to the Elite Changeling. "You've got nowhere else to run."

"You ponies will suffer at the might of our Queen," the Elite. "I will see to it that you fail!"

A great green aura glows around the Elite Changeling as it begins to change shape. It quickly hops off the train and lands on the tracks as it continuously grows into a massive scorpion. Once again, the ponies were at a disadvantage.

"We're in trouble," said Rainbow Dash.

The newly formed Changeling scorpion roars in anger and starts clawing its way at the train tracks.

"We are in SERIOUS trouble!" Rainbow Dash corrected herself.

The Changeling scorpion begins shooting great blasts of magic at the strongholds keeping the tracks in place.

"Oh no!" yelped Pinkie Pie.

The scorpion continuously wrecks the tracks, causing the wood to break and some of the track's support beams to weaken. The scorpion holds on tightly to the track, forcing the train to start heading backwards. Applejack and Pinkie Pie are knocked back into the main cabin Fluttershy and Rarity are in.

Rainbow Dash, without thinking, flies to the back of the caboose and begins pushing against the tracks to stop the train from reaching the scorpion. "URGH! URGHHHH!" she grunted.

Sparks light up from the wheels underneath the train, showing the strain the locomotive is facing. Rainbow Dash can't hold on any longer and begins sliding down closer towards the scorpion. She screams loudly. Rainbow comes face to face with the Changeling scorpion. It growls and slobbers in front of her. Rainbow finds herself pinned down.

The scorpion raises its pincer. "There's no point in struggling," said the Changeling scorpion. "You were a fool to think you'd be able to find your friend and survive."

Back in the main cabin, the girls hold on for dear life, leaning on the walls.

"We gotta find a way to get the train going!" said Applejack. Just then, AJ eyes an emergency box labeled "TNT" on it. "Girls, I've got an idea!" She grabs the box of dynamite and heads towards the caboose.

Outside, the scorpion tightens its grip on Rainbow Dash. "I'll never give up!" she said, lightly choking. "Not until I find Twilight and bring her home!"

The Changeling growled in response.

From the train, Applejack and Rarity look out to see the scorpion.

"Light em' up, Rarity!" said Applejack.

"What? Are you mad!?" grunted Rarity.

"We've only got one shot at this!" stated Applejack. "Just do it!"

Rainbow Dash looks up and sees the two preparing to throw the dynamite unbeknownst to the Changeling scorpion.

"Why go to such lengths for another as pitiful as you?" asked the scorpion.

Rainbow Dash looks back and only smiled.

Rarity lights one of the sticks with her magic and struggles to throw the crate towards the scorpion. Applejack lifts the crate and allows it to fall towards the monster.

"Because that's called loyalty!" said Rainbow Dash.

The scorpion sees the crate flying towards him, but doesn't get enough time to react. Rainbow Dash quickly escapes his grip and gets back onto the train. The train picks up speed and manages to get back onto the track safely before the oncoming explosion sets itself off, leaving the Changeling scorpion to fall into the chasm below.

The ponies and Spike shouts cheers of excitement.

"We did it!" said Rainbow Dash.

"Phew… could we please not do that again?" asked Fluttershy.

"It's not over yet girls!" stated Rainbow Dash. "We're one step closer to finding Twilight. Now let's keep moving!"

They all glared out the windows. The train journeys on as the hardest part of the girls' adventure leaves them, continuing their search for their friend.