• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 4,646 Views, 34 Comments

Journey of the Spark - LordMalevar063

  • ...
5
 34
 4,646

The Final Battle Part I

Author's Note:

Okay, here it is: the Final Battle. The battle that decides the fate of Equestria. This chapter is quite the enormous one. This took me an entire night to edit. I'm like "What should I do with this?" and "Where should I put that?" This is a really long and complex chapter, so I needed to cut it into two different chapters.

So here is The Final Battle Part 1.

Discord suddenly releases a blast of magic from one of his talons and fires it at Chrysalis. Chrysalis is hit by the blast but quickly regains consciousness. The queen is hurt pretty badly. "Ohhh, what- what have you done to me!?"

"It's time to raise the stakes!" Discord laughed and snaps his fingers. "No more mister nice guy!"

Chrysalis suddenly falls to the ground in pain. Before the ponies, Chrysalis undergoes a horrific transformation, her bones cracking and her wings becoming elongated as she screams in pain. Chrysalis' hooves quickly change into enormous claws as she drags them across the marble floor, a screeching noise faintly being heard. The ponies stare at Chrysalis as she begins to tower over them. Chrysalis roars in anger as the girls cower in fear. Chrysalis, during the final stage of her transformation, spreads her wings and escapes through the roof of the throne room.

"Look out!" Twilight yelled.

The girls dodge out of the way as Chrysalis swishes the end of her tail against the walls, breaking countless window panes. The doors to the Throne Room opens as a swarm of Changelings invade and begin to attack.

Chrysalis eyes the Changelings and breaks through the roof, following her subjects. Chrysalis flies from out of the castle and towards the sky, overlooking the city of Canterlot as she sticks to one of the tallest spires of the castle. From the air, a giant swarm of Changelings overtake the city.

Rain begins to fall heavily onto Canterlot. Panic was in the streets. Multiple ponies are attacked by the Changelings, screams of horror sounding off from all corners of Canterlot. Some ponies are seen being tied down by the Changelings via some ooze-like substance.

"Oh great!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash. "Now what do we do!?"

Twilight sees Celestia from just a few feet away from her. She quickly gets up on her hooves and gallops towards her. "Princess!"

"Twilight…" gasped Celestia. "Stop Chrysalis. Defeat Discord."

"Not until I know you're safe!" Twilight argued.

Twilight quickly helps Celestia onto her hooves and tries leading her to safety. Quickly, Twilight notices Luna's statue and dashes over towards it. Twilight ignites the magic within her horn.

Luna suddenly bursts from the statue, completely free from her stony prison. "Twilight! What's going on!?"

"There's no time to explain!" said Twilight. "Help Celestia and get her to safety!"

"But what about you!?" asked Luna.

"I've got a monster to slay," said Twilight, looking at the sky. Twilight gallops off with the girls out onto one of the city walls and sees the destruction taking part. "Girls! We need to get to the Elements of Harmony!"

"But how?" asked Spike. "The Changelings have overrun Canterlot!"

Twilight looks off into the distance and sees the chamber leading to the Elements of Harmony.

"If we stick together, I think we'll-"

Suddenly, Chrysalis quickly grabs Twilight by her two hind legs and flies high up into the air with her, Twilight dangling for her life. The locket begins slipping from Twilight's neck, but she manages to grab a hold of it.

"Twilight!" Applejack yelled.

Twilight struggles to break free from Chrysalis' grasp, looking at the city below her. Twilight charges up her horn again and fires a blast of magic at Chrysalis' claws.

The queen growled, releasing Twilight her grip.

With nothing to keep her safe, Twilight fell from the Changeling's grip, towards the castle's rooftops as she screams with great fright. She landed on a steep rooftop of the castle. With the heavy rainfall, the roof made it slippery for Twilight to stand still.

Chrysalis immediately gives chase and flies after her, destroying more spires in the process. Chrysalis pounces at Twilight, shooting a beam of magic of her own at Twilight. Twilight manages to dodge, hanging onto the ledge of the rooftop for dear life.

The locket begins slipping again. "Urgh! NO!" Twilight had to sacrifice one of her hooves to keep the locket within reach, her other being the only thing holding on.

Chrysalis, having overheated her horn from the attack, roars at Twilight ordering a number of the Changeling swarm to dive bomb repeatedly into the tower causing it to fall over and Twilight to lose her grip and hurdles once more through the air.

She screamed loudly.

"TWILIGHT!"

Rainbow Dash flies to the rescue, but is stopped mid-flight by Chrysalis, barely missing Twilight.

Twilight crashes into a smaller tower below. Chrysalis attaches herself to the tower, clawing at Twilight from the hole in the roof.


Meanwhile, Luna lays Celestia onto the ground and begins casting a spell. "Come on, Celestia."

Luna's spell was restoring Celestia's youth, making her younger and stronger and back to Celestia's original form. Quickly, Celestia gets back up, looking alive and better than ever.

"Celestia! You're back!" Luna hugs Celestia tightly. Celestia looks to Luna with great seriousness.

"Twilight!" huffed Celestia. "Where is she?"

"We don't have much time, sister," said Luna. "Twilight needs our help!"

The two sisters rush off through the castle to find Twilight.


As the princesses try to find Twilight, Twilight's friends make their way into the heart of Canterlot, avoiding attacking Changelings left and right.

"Hurry! We gotta find the Elements!" said Applejack.

"AJ!" Rainbow Dash called out.

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack called out. "What happened!? Where's Twilight?"

"I couldn't get to her," Rainbow Dash replied back. "Chrysalis is too strong!"

"Uh, guys-" Spike groaned.

The ponies find themselves surrounded by a massive horde of Changelings. It was Canterlot Wedding déjà vu to the girls.

"This sure is getting familiar," said Rainbow Dash.

"W-what do we do now!?" Fluttershy gasped in fright.

"We need to make a break for it!" grunted Applejack. "Get to the Elements no matter what!"

"Oooh! This is gonna be fun!" said Pinkie Pie, jumping for joy.

"Ready?" pounded Applejack.

"No!" gulped Fluttershy.

"GO!" Applejack yelled.

Suddenly, a great brawl erupts. A majority of the ponies fight their way through the onslaught of Changelings, some of them tag-teaming their way through the brawl. Applejack and Rarity do a few formations to take out a group of Changelings before they move onto the next wave. Fluttershy tries to stay passive throughout the battle, but continues to find herself up against the wall.

"Urgh! They just keep coming- gah!" Applejack gets pinned down by some of the Changelings. Eventually, Rainbow and the others get jumped on as well. Fluttershy sees her friends in danger.

Fluttershy gasps at the site of Applejack being pinned down. Rainbow Dash tries to fight her way through to Applejack.

"Fluttershy!" cried Rainbow Dash. "Go! Find the Elements!"

Fluttershy sees the open path, but straightens herself out and stomps her hoof on the ground. "No! I won't leave my friends!" Fluttershy leaps into the air and quickly dive bombs towards the girls and helps pull them out of the scramble, knocking away many Changelings in the process.

"Come on!" shouted Rainbow Dash. "We're getting close!"

The girls rush off to the chamber.