• Published 12th Aug 2015
  • 9,047 Views, 1,164 Comments

A Change In Fashion - Kevinltk



A changeling finds love in the world of fashion modeling.

  • ...
15
 1,164
 9,047

Fanart (Updated as of 3/29/2016)

Author's Note:

This section is dedicated to people who have enjoyed the fic enough to actually make pretty pictures for it.

Comments ( 68 )

6790435 You mean they aren't? there are sooo many trek vs wars debates...

This is very cute, can you post more fan art please?

6807874
If I get them lol. That's all I have.

6808787
I posted the Fanart section along with the latest chapter, so it's not like I'm trying to hog the front page. I also think it would be easier for readers to find the art within the story instead of having to dig through my blogs.

6808808

They have a rule that says

"Dont post chapter updates that aren’t part of the story itself, such as chapters notifying readers of sequels, hiatuses, etc."

Still, I think that rule mainly came up so people wouldnt hit the feature list without really doing an update. And since Kevinltk updated his story at the same time, I would say that its okey. But Im no moderator and I dont know how nitpicking they are:twilightsheepish:

6808808
6808832
Thank you for the heads up. I would like to keep it as is though, because I think the artist and, if I'm lucky enough, any other future works will get more exposure like this. Since I bundled the fanart with the latest chapter and don't plan on updating it for free front page space, I think it should be alright.

6810162 No problem! I like the concept of changelings switching pronouns when they change genders, like in A New Way and Without a Hive.

6825351

In the older generations Rainbow Dash was a Earth Pony fashionista

6852634

Hmm, forgot something...

:moustache:

There you go. :rainbowlaugh:

I have only one thing to say about the pretty pictures. ... Bitchin'!

6915261

"Are you a Rollercoaster? Cause I'd like to ride you" :rainbowwild:

D'awwww, so cute.

Started reading this fic at 6:00. finished it at 15:00. You really managed to keep me entertained for the whole time. (except for the 1-2 hours I had to do other stuff).
I don't even know where I should start to point out the things I like and I think I'll skip that part since I don't want to find out if there's a max character limit in the comment section of fimfiction. So I'll just address the one thing that will bother me a lot: Waiting for the next update:twilightsmile:

I am really looking forward to the moment when Glamour will finally be completely honest to Coco. I'm kinda hoping that it won't be when want's to do it but judging from the rest of the fic I won't have to worry about it. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to like whatever you planned.

6967089
Well, "Power corrupt, total power totally corrupt" yet, every 'great' leader gain power in times of crisis (Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, etc.).
Then again, there is difference between Ruler and Subject

6967110

(And now your mind is officially broken!)

Uhm... I think some damage got repaired instead. Looking back at what I said, should have just went with the hotdogs and tacos thing by it's self.

6998723

Accusing a race of because of their habit to invade (one time in the show, 2 times in the comics) is not so much of a crime since invading is not that uncommon in the TV show or comics.

:rainbowhuh: Ok, seriously, how stupid are you? Really! I want to know! This is one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen!

Please show me a comic where an invading 'monster' species is suddenly welcomed with open arms the next time they show up! Dear lord, there's being in denial... and then there's whatever is going on in your head!

6998723

The changelings were actually never considered

Who's doing the considering? You?

foreign since they don't have a country to live in one nor do they ever live anywhere else outside of Equestria nor do they invade outside of Equestria

according to the comics. Accusing a race of because of their habit to invade (one time in the show, 2 times in the comics) is not so much of a crime since invading is not that uncommon in the TV show or comics.

An invasion is not a crime because it is worse than a crime. It is an act of war. As a soldier in that war, Glamour is liable to be killed or captured. Granted, she's effectively deserted, but hasn't given the Ponies any reason to believe that as she has acted in the manner of a spy. And spies can be killed out of hand.

besides, The show never once shown that the ponies actually hate changeling (however fillies can fear them a little on episode slice of life most likely to there scary appearance)

Hate them racially or not, there's a war on and that makes her at least an enemy national.

nor do any creatures in matter need to gain citizenship from one country to another; It would be an hassle to do so in this world

Not every country even has citizenship, as that implies certain privileges, like being able to vote or own property. We don't know if Equestria has that status or not or, if it does, how many inhabitants possess it. Regardless, there are always rules about who can live where and what they are allowed to do.

All of which is to say that Glamour should've been kissing royal butt a long time ago and is damned lucky the Powers That Be only slapped her with probation instead of sending her to meet some very unpleasant people with white hot pincers in a cellar somewhere.

Happy to see more of it, sad to see it end.

7131500
Fixed that, thanks!

Damn. Finally finished it. Good shit, man. Good shit.

Feelings were felt. Liquid pride may have been shed.

It had been a few days since they had became marefriends again

Should be "become"

7134079
Fixed, thanks!

I tried to go to sleep. I really did but I just couldn't stop thinking about this fic! It's just so good! So please will you make a short one-shot or anything about them just... cuddling. Pllleaaase

What would be mind blowing and kinda funny to see is Glamour's apology to Syrup from the start of the story. And maybe her dumb husband Oak Tree, :P

And yes, I did read this all in one night, holy crap.

I loved this story. I already adored Coco, but by the end I was also rooting for Glamour to win back her heart. Love is love. :heart:

7184076
s3.scoopwhoop.com/shon/no/1.gif
... I had to see how the story ended after all... :trollestia:

A really great Story. I liked the characters very much and the whole development around them. :twilightsmile:

Why must you tease us with bonus chapters... we wants another precious... we wants it.

7252414
'Precious' as in what?

7252423

Precious as in another story with these two. They are adorablize.

7252673 It's sort of joke. I'm saying that this was a sweet that it gave me diabetes. Figuratively of coarse.
This might help or it might not but it's both cute and funny. Probably not but still.

7252683
Ah, well sorry to say that there probably won't be a full sequel for Glamour and Coco. Currently, my attention is focused on finishing the Spike story that's out right now, and after that is likely my next shipping story.

7252798 Thank you for the insight.
6807814 No, there aren't enough!:flutterrage:
(Argues about whether or not there are enough arguments about Star Wars vs Star Trek)

So... I finally completed this story... this... is probably my favorite romance story so far... You fine sir (or madame) are a wonderful writer... Hoping to your future written stories end as well as this one too.

Re-read this over the past week. Shed liquid pride again. :pinkiesad2:

This was a great fic, you need to do a sequel!

~Crystalline Electrostatic~
4:54_12/4/2016

7769250
Sorry, but I don't have any plans for a sequel.

7769253 Make plans.
um... if you don't mind that is...

Actually, the premise for a sequel could be easy. I'm gonna just spit out a potential premise because you might like it...
Coco and Glamour have made up and gotten back together, with the latter's modeling career reaching new heights. The two of them start thinking about the future, and what may come in it, as the Bureau of Changeling Affairs plans to integrate and accept changelings as proper citizens. As changelings start to integrate, some ponies protest while others accept it openly, as Prim and Photo Finish are making plans to have Glamour model in her natural form.

That's enough cheat codes for you. I'm pretty sure you could easily work with that, assuming you like it enough to do it. If not, I won't be upset.

~Crystalline Electrostatic~
5:7_12/4/2016

7769261
That's definitely one way to go, but unfortunately, I do not have any plans for Change In Fashion. Maybe in the future I might come back and do something, but for now though, I would rather spend my time on my other fics.

7769312 Very well, but keep in mind that a lot of people would love a sequel to this, and that I'm gonna stalk(follow) you in the hopes that it happens.

~Crystalline Electrostatic~
6:14_12/4/2016

7868594 No worries. Unlike other stories, your story has enough actual substance to make that a minor instead of major flaw.

7869832 What I said still stands, but I understand where you're coming from. After all, it is your story.

I'm surprised there's not a bonus chapter dealing with Glamour's ability to change into a stallion, what with their intimate relationship and all that.

I bet you could write a cute and funny short revolving around that.

7877606
To be honest, I do have a bit of an idea involving something like that. At the moment, however, it's leaning toward an erotica piece, as in something containing clop but still focusing on romance. Still, it's kind of something on the back of my mind, so if I do decide to try it, it's possible I might change things up.

It's nothing much, but have A Change in Fashion fanart edit.
(remember, copy link and paste since imgur blacklisted fimfiction) http://imgur.com/Z4BEKcm

Login or register to comment