• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 245 Views, 12 Comments

Electra - Jackie-TSG



Electra, known as the Lightning Pegasus is new to Ponyville, and she starts a friendship/rivalry with the well known Rainbow Dash

  • ...
11
 12
 245

A New Town

Author's Note:

So, yeah, my first chapter of my first book. I hope it wasn't terrible

[size=


1.5em]“Well it's settled," Electra Strike soared around her home that she may no longer be spending her days in, “I head out to Ponyville first thing tomorrow morning!" She stared into an old mirror that hung on her wall. She stared at the reflection of the white pegasus, she had yellow eyes, black at the bottom of her hooves and a white mane which she kept up with a black headband in some punk rock styled bun, and she had a jet black lightning strike for a cutie mark. She was distracted from looking at herself as another pony entered her house, she looked down to see if it was okay. This was another mare who had a dark grey coat, light pink eyes, a red mane who also had a black headband in a short style, she had a yellow spot on her nose and wore huge black glasses, and her wings were mechanical with a yellow outline.
“Darla! You came to help me pack for moving! How considerate." Electra sped down the stairs to greet her.

“Electra, so you're really moving huh?" Darla said, she had a soft and shaky voice and it was hard to take her seriously. Electra nodded with excitement.
“Why of course, I ain't spending all my time up with my head in the clouds, I've got to make more friends than just you, it'd be embarrassing, no offence." Darla sighed and nodded.
“None taken, I'm just worried that now you're gone everyone will laugh at my wings because you're not there to protect me." Electra laughed and held Darla's head up.
“C'mon buddy, I didn't become friends with a downer, I'll visit and I'll even write. If anypony goes near you, you just write to me and I'll fly right back to give them what they asked for, besides, we're both fourteen, it's about time we made new friends, just because I'll be in a different town and making new fried me doesn't mean I'll forget you, you're still my bestest friend," Darla perked up a little, “there's the girl I know and love, now c'mon snd help me pack!" Darla nodded and helped Electra decide what to bring and what not to bring.

“So, the reason I came in the first place is that I brought you some gifts, for your new town." Darla brought Electra a brown sack.
“Cool! You got gifts for me!" Electra hugged her friend and looked inside. She found a yellow vest and 2 pairs of 3 golden bangles.
“Maybe if you wear them in your new town it'll give you a sense of identity." Electra flew up and did a couple of circles to show she was happy.
“They look awesome!" Then Electra saw what was at the bottom of the sack, she pulled out a blue book with a black lightning strike similar to her cutie mark on it. She opened the book to find the pages empty.
“So, is this a journal of some sorts?" Darla blushed a bit. “I thought that if you kept a log in your new town every night you can read over it if you ever come back to remember the times you had." Electra hugged Darla again.
“I think it's great," she said, but more sincere and softly than usual. Darla blushed again and hugged Electra back. Electra than looked at the clock and yawned.
"It's getting late, I should get some rest before I move tomorrow." Darla nodded and took the now empty sack out with her.
“Wait, Darla," Darla stood at the door and stared back at Electra, “I'll miss you." Darla nodded as a reply and left for Electra to get to bed.
“Next time I'll be sleeping," she yawned, “I'll live in Ponyville." Then she drifted off to sleep.

The next morning she woke with a start. “It's 7am, the balloon I had scheduled, leaves in ten minutes. I have time, I'm sure I do." She then remembered the vets and bangles that Darla had given her the night before. She quickly put on the vest and placed the bangles at the top of her two from legs. She crammed the journal into her bag and flew out the door of her house. She met up with the air balloon pony.
“Lookie here, you're right on time." Electra laughed.
“Something as big as this move isn't something I'd be late for." The balloon pony rolled her eyes and let Electra into the balloon.
“So you're going to Ponyville, home to the princess of friendship and her friends, those six put that town on the map, not literally but now it's more than just a little town." Electra nodded and watched the balloon fly off leaving her hometown behind.
“Princess Twilight's friends, I heard that two used to live in Cloudsdale." The balloon pony nodded. “You know your facts, that'll help you make some friends, any at home you'll be missing?" Electra looked back at home one last time and turned around.
“Yes, I have one, as great as she is I can't just have one friend, these ponies have been unaware of my coolness for too long, I'll get them out of the dark."

In around thirty minutes the balloon landed in Ponyville. Electra stood out and admired the little town. “Okay Electra, I hope you show them out of the dark with your coolness." The balloon pony laughed as the balloon flew off leaving her alone. Electra placed her saddle bag full of her stuff onto her back as she walked through the almost deserted town.
“You know, for a town housing a princess it still stays small and modest." Electra muttered to herself. She thought of the journal that Darla had given her.
“I'll need a quill to write in my journal with." Then she stood in front of a small shop.
“Quills and sofas," she read snd rolled her eyes, “how convient." She walked into the store and was greeted by a salepony.
“Welcome to quills and sofas," he introduced, “what brings you here this early in the morning?" Electra checked the clock. It was 7:40. “Im new to town, I saw the name and was looking for a quill and maybe some ink." The salepony politely obliged. Electra paid the amount of bits and was sent on her way.

Electra walked out of the shop. “The house I bought is meant to be in one of these houses. She looked around identical two storey houses. Then she saw her one, it had a note on the door. She took it off and read it.
“This one is mine all right." She took the key out of her bag and unlocked the door. She looked into the dark and empty house. She set down her bags. She emptied some of the contents so she could buy some groceries. She set out of the house again and down the road into a market.
“There'll be ponies here." She looked around and sure enough there were.
“Okay, I just need to find somepony I can share an intrest with." She looked around at the other ponies. She stared at the new ponies without wings that she had only seen in stories.
“There are so many, who should I talk to first?" Then she saw a pastel pink earth pony with a wild pink mane, blue eyes and three balloons as a cutie mark approached her.
“I think she sees me, so I just got to play it cool." The pink earth pony came closer.
“Sup, the names Electra and I'm new here so I was…." The pink pony leaped into the air and stayed for several seconds until dashing off again.

“I wouldn't be too worried about Pinkie Pie, she's just random." Electra turned around and saw another pony, this time a pastel blue pegasus, with a rainbow rain and had a cloud and a rainbow lightning strike as a cutie mark.
“I heard you say you were knew around here, where you from?" Electra thought she could be the one. “Oh, I'm from Cloudsdale, I just moved to Ponyville today." The blue pegasus laughed.
“Small world, I'm a Ponyvilleian that used to be from Cloudsdale." Electra smiled.
“Nice! Can you prove it?" The pegasus was confused.
“What?! Prove it?"
Electra smirked. “If you can keep up than try to keep up with me in flight." The blue pegasus was taken back by the sudden challenge but quickly accepted.
“On three,"
Electra and the other pegasus stood in the ready position to take off.
“1, 2, 3!" The two instantly soared into the sky. The other pegasus felt confident that she would leave this new girl in the dust, but the two were surprisingly neck in neck.

Minutes later the two landed on a cloud together both panting.
“Wow, barely anypony I know van keep up with my awesomeness, you sure are something else." Electra lit up a bit. “The name's Rainbow Dash," she held up he hoof for Electra to shake.
“I'm Electra, nice to meetcha!" Electra shook Rainbow Dash's hoof.
“Now c'mon Dash! Last pony to the ground is a rotten tomato!" Then two dashed down to the ground at the same time. Electra picked up her empty bags from the ground.
“Now I must get back to the market. Rainbow Dash followed her.
“You're new, you need somebody to show you round."
Electra smiled.
“Didn't think I'd meet someone this early. I only had one friend for fourteen years." The two walked towards the market, while Rainbow Dash introduced her to some of the townsfolk. Then they came across another one of Rainbow Dash's friends.
“It's Rarity, she's great you're going to love her." They both came towards her.

Electra followed her new friend to the white unicorn with the stylish, curly purple mane and her big blue eyes with the three blue diamonds as a cutie mark.
“Rainbow Dash darling," her posh accent nearly startled Electra,
Rarity then saw her, “who's this friend of yours?" Rainbow Dash looked to her right at Electra.
“This is my new friend Electra," she blushed at Rainbow Dash mentioning the word friend,
“I was showing her around, she's new, so it'll help her fit in."
Rarity nodded.
“What is that piece you're wearing?"
Electra looked at her outfit.
“My best friend from Cloudsdale gave this to me as a leaving present, I'd hate to not wear it." Rarity smiled and nodded.
“Well, good luck with the tour Rainbow Dash darling!" With that Rarity trotted off.
“She owns the boutique in Ponyville. You may see her as one note now, but you'll learn to love her like we all do." Electra nodded and watched her trot away for a few seconds before returning to Rainbow Dash.

“I'll introduce you to all my friends, if you don't mind being overshadowed by my awesomeness." Electra liked the idea.
“It's okay Dash, they're your friends and I won't steal them from you with my awesome infinity rating." Rainbow Dash found the idea of this new kid upstaging her to be near impossible.
“Don't let yourself think that far just yet, now come with me, Applejack's reaction when she finds out there's another me in town will be sweet!"
They flew together to the resident red barn. “I don't see her, she's usually working here. Maybe Big Mac will know, c'mon." The two flew down the the ground beneath the hundreds of apple trees. They looked around. Electra pointed out the larger than average red stallion with the ginger mane and the apple half for a cutie mark.
“He looks like a BIG Mac."
Rainbow Dash walked towards him.
“Leave this to me, he has a limited vocabulary, you need to know him to understand what he's onto."

Three minutes of “eeyups" and “nopes" Rainbow Dash returned.
“So… what I can gather, Applejack was visited by Pinkie Pie and headed out with Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity."
Electra sighed.
“Oh well, we can meet them some other time, let's go back to my place."
Rainbow Dash nodded. “Let's." The two flew into the middle of town where her house stood.
“It's not much, I haven't decorated yet, but soon it'll be good enough maybe she'll come over sometime."
Rainbow Dash looked confused. “Who's she?"
Electra took a picture out of her bag and showed the creased picture of Electra and the gray mechanical winged pegasus. “Darla," Electra explained, “my first and only friend i had in that city." Rainbow Dash handed the picture back to Electra.
“So, those wings, is that…?"
Electra put the picture back in her bag. “She wouldn't like anyone to know."
Rainbow Dash sighed. “Let's just go inside."
Electra nodded and opened the door. It was darker than usual. Electra switched the lights…

“SURPRISE!"