• Published 26th May 2012
  • 1,175 Views, 21 Comments

My little Pony- Keeping Friendship is magic - DreamWings



Sour Apple and Dream Wings both have different reasons for needing to go to Ponyville,what are they?

  • ...
 21
 1,175

Chapter 8- A Dream come true

Chapter 8- A Dream come true

"Dream Wings, what are you doing?"

The mare came closer to the stallion and chortled to herself.

"Tsk tsk my little pony, that's not a good question to ask."

Sour Apple stepped backwards as a flash of lightning shot in front of his leg. Again the mare laughed and giggled, her scarred eye closing in delight, as she stomped around the floor near to them.

"This is priceless. Absolutely priceless."

"Dream Wings! You're ruining my meeting," Twilight hissed, zapping her cage with some high-energy magic. It only shot back at her and she barely managed to escape un-singed.

"Oh please little Twily, you should get it more than anypony else." The flaming mare stomped closer to the lavender alicorn. "After all you were the one to ruin my life."

"What? How?" Twilight whimpered. What was going on here? She just didn't understand.

"She did nothing of the sort Daymare," called Celestia, "it was I who banished you."

"Who's Daymare? Dream?" Sour beseeched to his supposed 'friend'.

The mare giggled and laughed again, rolling around on the floor like a mad-dog.

"I am you silly little foal."

"B-But you're Dream aren't you?" Twilight stuttered. The rest of her friends watched in the background, not sure of what to do.

"Do I look like a Dream? I'm your worst nightmare is what I am. Sadly that job position was already taken." The mare glared at Luna and the bubble around the Princess grew tighter. "I'm a nightmare in daytime," she told them with a giggle, "hence the name Daymare. Just ask your pretty little Tia; she knows all about it."

A chortle set up from nowhere and a cloud washed around Daymare pulling her up into the sky to go 'fix-up' her plan further.

"Celestia, what does she mean?" Twilight asked, concerned. Celestia sighed.

"Twilight, it was apparent to me from the moment that Canterlot was attacked that your friend Dream Wings was not behind it."

"B-but--" Celestia stopped her speaking again.

"You see, there is a legend that inside someponies lies the potential to be taken over by another beast. These beasts are called the Filii Lunae. You have already met one of them in the form of Nightmare moon."

Luna blushed in embarrassment.

"They're not in any of my books," Twilight stated, barely beleiving that these things could exist if she'd never read about them.

"They are a secret not written down. Anyway-- just as Luna was taken by Nightmare, so was your friend taken by her own Filii Lunae-- Daymare as she became."

"When did this happen?" Sour butted in.

"It has probably been with her since birth. The duty of capturing these beasts before they enter a ponies body is usually down to the S.T.A.R.S.-- the Strategic Taskforce Against Radical Stars." Sour looked on, more confused than ever.

"What in the world is a Radical Star?"

This Twilight knew. "A Radical Star is what Equestrian history has stated as being the main relation to our moon-- they are its magic coming off."

"And the birth place of the Filii Lunae," Luna added. Twilight nodded, understanding. Sour shook his head.

"So Dream Wings had been taken over by a beast-- and you just banished her without a second thought? Without trying to help her?" He snorted. "You royals really like to banish ponies don't you?"

Luna lowered her head, ashamed. "It is the only thing you can do-- could do, without the elements being used."

"Until the new elements could be found it was the S.T.A.R.S. mission to lock away any of the monsters. No matter the cost." Celestia looked Twilight straight in the face. "You have most likely often questioned your friend being an alicorn like the rest of us-- this is because the Filii Lunae come in many forms. Some, like Daymare and Nightmare, can only be an alicorn. Thus if that pony they attach themselves to before they are born are not an alicorn-- they change the genetic make-up into that."

"They are extremely strong beings." Luna blushed again.

"Unlike Nightmare-- Daymare doesn't have to be inside Dream Wing's body all of the time. But she must always be somewhere near."

"Then where's the real Dream Wings?" Sour asked, desperately. Twilight shrugged.

"She's never been here." Daymare floated down to the ground on her cloud. "She was only a dream. Ha!"

Comments ( 1 )

Ooh. Can't wait to see where this leads :pinkiehappy: well done

Login or register to comment