• Published 26th May 2012
  • 1,175 Views, 21 Comments

My little Pony- Keeping Friendship is magic - DreamWings



Sour Apple and Dream Wings both have different reasons for needing to go to Ponyville,what are they?

  • ...
 21
 1,175

Chapter 2- The beautiful mare

Chapter 2- The Beautiful Mare

Sour Apple looked down at the seat he had chosen on the train. They had chosen some putrid colours as far as he was concerned; everything on the train screamed old-fashioned, and featured never-going to-change furniture and pictures. The worst picture of all was of an old stallion General hung on the wall in the claustrophobic carriage. Sour groaned to himself in disbelief. He was actually doing this. All of these ponies were doing this. Going to the unfashionable prison of a place like Ponyville and they seemed to actually enjoy the thought. Sour, with his fashion eye, scanned the room for anything that might actually be considered stylish but saw nothing but faux pas’ around the room. One mare had actually taken French o’couture to a new, almost horrifying level of disgustingness with her monstrosity of a chapeau (that’s hat for us regular ponies).

“It almost looks like her head's being eaten by a dragon,” stated the mare who had sat down next to Sour.

He turned to see the mare that he had considered so beautiful on the station platform. He blushed as scarlet as his hair, hoping that she had not noticed that he had been staring at her and not taken it as a thought of him wanting to be friends... or worse.

“Quite,” he admitted trying desperately to avoid conversation.

“I saw you on the platform.” Sour slunk down in the chair. “You didn’t seem really happy to be there. Don’t you want to go to Ponyville then?”

“Not really,” he mumbled to the friendly filly, trying to signal to her that he didn’t want to talk. Unfortunately she did not appear to understand the signal and carried on interrogating him anyway.

“Do you know ponies in Ponyville then?”

“Do you?” he asked rudely in return trying to deter her from sitting next to him.

“Well yes I do know somepony there I believe. Well... I hope she lives there and not in Canterlot at least.”

“Why? I’d love to go to Canterlot, it’s a dream palace.”

Sour finally grew interested in the conversation. Unfortunately this question seemed to disturb the mare and she blushed violet with embarrassment. She turned away from him to watch the scenery whizzing past through the window. Sour stared at her for a few minutes, noting the large gem necklace she wore around her neck and what it appeared to be hiding. Now, Sour had always been an extremely observant foal so it did not take much for him to notice what other ponies wouldn’t necessarily have noticed themselves. Because as pretty as she was, the one blemish on her otherwise perfect look was a large scar across the front of her body. Only the tip of this could be seen though as the necklace hid the majority of it but he noticed it and he didn’t like it. As much as he was a prissy pony and as rude as he was, he did not like any injustice to be done to ponies that were as beautiful as he was.

“Where did you get that scar from?” he asked with little tact. The mare jumped and blushed again at his question. She seemed to scan the area of the train to see that no other pony had heard the question he had asked. She opened and closed her mouth, begging the words to come but they couldn’t. Sour grew annoyed at getting no answer and was about to make a very nasty retort, when all of a sudden the startled mare tried to escape from the seat.

The ticket master stopped her as she tried to run, and very quickly he got to his job.
“Tickets please,” he spat onto them both.
Rubbing his head and grimacing at the wet saliva running down his ear, Sour handed over his ticket. The ticket master clipped the pass and hoofed (handed to you humans) it back to Sour. His attention now on the ever-increasingly startled mare, he waited for her to hoof (hand) over her ticket.

“Ticket please,” he spat again after having been given nothing over a minute or so.

“Ummm... well, you see.... I must have forgotten to buy a ticket at the station.” The mare apologetically smiled at the stallion.

“Well then Miss, you can pay me the money and I’ll give you a ticket.”

“Um... well, you see... I must have forgotten to bring any money with me as well... I’m so forgetful you see.”

By this time the ticket master could tell she was just going to keep on making excuses.
“Then you will have to get off at the next stop I’m afraid.”

This suggestion seemed to make the mare even more distraught then she already was. Sour noticed the look of plea that she seemed to give the ticket master, but no sympathy was being given to her in return. The desperation in her eye made Sour feel sorry for her. This injustice that the master was giving her was not to be loved or tolerated by him and so he decided to do a very unlikely thing.
“I’ll pay for her ticket,” he said. The ticket master seemed happy enough with this idea and once he had the money he trotted away whistling a cheerful tune. The mare smiled at Sour Apple and he nodded in return.

“Thank you. Thank you for paying for me. I really need to go to Ponyville.”

“I know,” Sour said. “My name is Sour Apple. And you?”

Looking around and lowering her voice so others could not hear she said
“My name is... Dream Wings.”