• Published 26th May 2012
  • 1,175 Views, 21 Comments

My little Pony- Keeping Friendship is magic - DreamWings



Sour Apple and Dream Wings both have different reasons for needing to go to Ponyville,what are they?

  • ...
 21
 1,175

Chapter 4- An old friendship, re-kindled

Chapter 4- An Old Friendship, Re-kindled

“Dream Wings, what are you doing here?” Twilight Sparkle worriedly paced around the floor staring at the mare she had known as a foal; the one mare she ever considered to be her friend when she was younger, and the one mare she had promised never to see ever again.

“Like I said, I need your help Twilight.” Dream Wings checked over her shoulder for anypony else. “Something’s following me, something that isn’t nice and something that shouldn’t ever have to be seen by anypony’s eyes”.

Twilights eyes grew as round as a cider barrel, her interest sparked by the thought of another monster attacking Ponyville. Another monster she would have to defeat, and just when she had wanted to completely re-stack the library shelves as well; it was such a pain.
“Didn’t you think that if a monster is following you, then it wouldn’t be best to bring it into Equestria?” Twilight asked Dream Wings, exasperated.

“No, I can’t handle it by myself. You were always stronger and smarter than me so I thought you could help." Dream Wings looked beseechingly at her old friend, begging her for the help she had needed for so long. Twilight, however, was struggling with the idea. Why, if Princess Celestia found out that she, Twilight, were hiding and helping Dream Wings then she could be banished from the entire kingdom. The Princess had to have had a reason to banish Dream wings from the kingdom in the first place and she, her most faithful student, couldn’t go against the Princess’s word, could she? Twilight looked down at her old friend and seeing the true terror in her eyes, and remembering all of the kind things Dream Wings used to do for her, she had to relent. Like it or not, Twilight owed a lot to the purple mare, for without her she probably wouldn’t know most of the spells she knew today, and considering what her attitude to Dream Wings was when they were foals, she had to do something for her.

“Okay Dream Wings you can stay here for a while,” she told her friend. “But you have to promise, if no monster turns up by next Tuesday, then you will leave Equestria and go back to where you were banished to. Deal?”. She held her hoof out; Dream Wings accepted gratefully, smiling at Twilight’s generous offer. Dream Wings couldn’t help but notice how different Twilight had become since she had left her and had been banished to Never Free Woods on the Island of Repent. She seemed to have become more friendly and adventurous than she had been previously in their youth, as well as the newly gained wings on her sides. As of yet, Dream Wings didn’t know if she liked it or not, but a friend is a friend for ever, ever, ever, ever (and in case you didn’t notice that is four evers, forever).

Sour was not getting on as well at Apple Acres. He had decided that he would make an appearance at the dinner table out of courtesy (and because he was famished) but the food he had been supplied with was not to his tastes. Apple fritters coated in a sweet, crispy sugar crust and deep fried in Apple oil; apple sauce served with deep fried hay fries and for pudding there was a startlingly sweet apple tart with a layer of caramel apples covering the top. There was even Apple Juice to drink, just in case you didn’t eat enough apples during the meal. What, had they cut down their entire orchard to make this food?

The Apple family happily tucked into their meal, hungry after their hard afternoons work clearing up the farm. Sour looked on in shock, grimacing at the untidy manners of the ponies who were supposed to be in his family. At that minute, he wished they would disown him, just to escape the hellish nightmare.

“Ain’t you gonna eat your brunch?” asked Apple Bloom with apple sauce slathered over her hooves and mouth. Sour shook his head. His stomach rumbled to him, telling him to eat something quickly before he lost his entire figure and became a skeleton stallion. So, shaking slightly, Sour lifted up an apple fritter and slowly bit into the exterior of the food. Apples flooded into his mouth, and the sugar crunched around his teeth. He smiled to himself, he actually liked this carnival food, it reminded him of the treats his mother used to give him when he was small and he’d helped in the orchard. That was before he got his cutie mark though, after that he had spent all of his time devoting himself to his fashion (which basically meant lounging around in his room all day).

Granny Smith noticed the young stallion’s smile, and she also noticed the annoyed looks her three young charges gave to him as he sat near them. It was quite clear to her that this pony was not what he pretended to be all of the time, but to others it seemed his act had gone down surprisingly well: they all seemed to believe that he was this rude, un-grateful pony that didn’t care for anypony in his own family. Granny Smith knew better. She had had enough experience dealing with ponies exactly like the young sour apple; the ones that utterly refused to help out their family on the orchard because they felt it was beneath them. Even Apple Jack, the most trusted pony in the apple family, used to be exactly like Sour Apple is when she was a filly, though she herself could not remember this and never would want to. Yes, Granny Smith knew what this wild stallion needed to tame him; to become friends with others, and she was going to make sure that it was done.

------------------------------------------

The next day, reluctantly, Apple Jack took Sour Apple with her to a picnic with her friends. It had taken a long time for Granny Smith to persuade her to do so but eventually she had agreed, although she was not looking forward to it. Sour Apple felt exactly the same as Apple Jack, he in no way wanted to meet the other elements of harmony because, as you’ve probably already noticed, Sour Apple didn’t like the elements of harmony and all the good they had done. It’s true that he wouldn’t have wanted the villains to win, but the mere fact that the elements of harmony beat them, and he wasn’t one of them, annoyed him immensely.

“Howdy y’all,” Apple Jack said to her friends, “how’s it goin’?”

“Awesome,” her friend Rainbow Dash answered. “I completed three new triple rainbow roar dives this morning, followed by a Rainbow dodge.”

“Do you name everything after yourself?” moaned Sour Apple stood behind Apple Jack.

Rainbow on seeing the new pony answered rudely back
“Yeah, Rainbow’s make everything 20% cooler. And by the looks of it you make everything 20% lamer.”

Rainbow pulled a silly face in which her nose went up in the air like Sour’s and every other pony there burst out laughing. Pinkie Pie laughed harder than anyone, but she just loved to laugh so nopony could tell whether she actually found the joke funny or not. One pony who certainly did not find it funny was Sour Apple who pulled a face back at Rainbow and turned his back to them. Just at that moment Rarity came up to the group with her special chair she sat on during picnics so she didn’t get dirty.

“Ugh, this colour is horrible. Who picked the pattern?” she said commenting on the picnic blanket that Fluttershy had put down earlier. Sour turned round to see who this pony was that considered themselves to know fashion; when seeing Rarity he grimaced for about the hundredth time in two days. Rarity was another pony he couldn’t stand; he recognised her from the columns in the magazines he read and was extremely jealous of the fame she had got for her fashion, especially since he had never sold one single piece. He put it again, to the fact that Rarity was an element of harmony and so she gets all of the press that he deserved, little knowing or caring about the hard work Rarity put into every single outfit she made. Sour just thought that she did not know the art to making a perfect dress and got by, by knowing Princess Celestia’s perfect student.

Speaking of which, Twilight and Spike, the last party to the picnic, showed up at that moment he was about to comment about Rarity’s fashion sense and his attention was diverted to Dream Wings, who had come with them. Sour beamed a giant smile and had to hold himself back from charging at Dream Wings and giving her a giant hug. He had realised after receiving that letter that if he wanted anypony to be his friend then it would be her, it would be Dream Wings, and now he would get a chance to become it. Sadly for him, Dream Wings did not have the same thought. While Sour had already decided that the only pony he would make friends with was Dream, she had quickly become friends with all of the others. The other ponies, including Apple Jack loved Twilight’s old friend and she became extremely popular with them by the end of that picnic. Dream Wings seemed to be interested in fashion like Rarity; was a big fan of the Wonderbolts like Rainbow; loved a joke as much as Pinkie Pie; could care for animals as well as Fluttershy, and was an extremely hard worker like Apple Jack. Spike especially seemed to like the new beautiful mare, following her with hearts in his eyes the whole time and then realising that Rarity was there as well. He felt conflicted because to him both Rarity and Dream Wings were perfect.

It was safe to say that after the picnic Dream Wings was the toast of the town and Sour Apple was the pony that no pony wished to know. Dream Wings was extremely happy to have made so many new friends and went to bed happy that night. That was until she woke up and heard a loud moaning from the wind outside
“She’s here.” ................