• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 12,026 Views, 4,202 Comments

The Things Tavi Says - shortskirtsandexplosions



Let me tell you a few things about my roommate, Octavia. After all, she saved my life.

  • ...
46
 4,202
 12,026

PreviousChapters Next
Responsive Things

Author's Note:

I'm awaken by a dull red thumping sound.

My eyelids flutter open.

I lie on my couch. One half of the apartment's foyer is aglow with pale light. I realize that I've left my instruments on. For all I know, the crystalline enchantments have worn out, and I'll have to order more mana batteries from Canterlot.

Drat.

And so close to an all-important performance, too.

I yawn, fumble about the couch-side table, and pick up my shades.

I plant them on my muzzle and look to my other side.

A series of comfy... super-comfy velvet pillows lay next to me.

I smile.

There was once a time when I couldn't sleep in this domain.

Now... while having every reason to be worried and anxious... I find sleep to be such an easy thing.

Why is that?

When did I stop living each day dead?

And... for that matter... when did I stop thinking so much about it? Or stressing it?

The thumping persists. What is it? I see a black-and-white figure marinating in the eye of a dull orange hurricane across the room. Scribbler's inside. Could a bat be trying to wander in through the window?

My hooves are numb. My everything is numb. Nevertheless, I get up and slump across the apartment.

I find myself in the kitchen, staring blearily at my reflection. About halfway through the close thumping, I realize I'm staring at the kitchen window... and there's something fuzzy flouncing about on the other side of the glass.

What in Tartarus?

Without thinking, I slide the window open.

I almost instantly regret it. An upside-down fuzzy pink face screams into my muzzle:

"Vinyl Scraaaatch!"

Gnashing my teeth, I fall back on my butt.

Pinkie Pie slithers in through the windowframe like a fuchsia serpent. "Omigosh! Why weren't you answering any of the other doors windows, chimneys, or rain-spouts I was knocking on?!"

I'm still trying to catch my breath. I adjust my shades, squinting at a glowing clock to the left of me. It's four in the morning. What in Goddess' name...?!

"Heeeeee!" She bounce-bounce-bounces in front of me. "Vine Vine Vine!" She waves an envelope in my face. "You'll never... ever guess who just RSVP'd!!!"

I stare at her... gawk at her.

With a swipe, I yank the envelope out of her grip. I tear it open and stare at the words. The hoofwriting is so gorgeous... so elegant... so precise that it can only belong to one soul in the entire galaxy.

The resulting grin nearly breaks my jaw loose. My eyes moisten up as I stare up at Pinkie.

"Well?!" Pinkie quivers in place, mane flouncing. "What are you waiting for?! We gotta wake the whole town up for this!"

I nod and nod and...

Thwump!

...jump to my hooves.

Time to get to work...

PreviousChapters Next