• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 12,026 Views, 4,202 Comments

The Things Tavi Says - shortskirtsandexplosions



Let me tell you a few things about my roommate, Octavia. After all, she saved my life.

  • ...
46
 4,202
 12,026

PreviousChapters Next
Accomplished Things

Author's Note:

DJ Capricorn sits before the window.

Her hoof to a clamshell headphone.

She holds it to her ear, eyes darting left and right.

Her head bobs... then bobs some more.

I sit across from her in the desk chair, swiveling slightly to the left and the right. I clasp my hooves before my muzzle.

Watching.

Waiting...

She blinks. At one point, her brow furrows...

...and then her eyes light up.

And they light up again.

And again.

"Oh..." She blinks. "Oh my..." Eyes flutter. I've counted the seconds. She can only be to the album's second track at this point. "Huh... uhhhhm..." She looks ready to say something, but the mare's tongue gets hooked back by her own breath. "Oh wow." Ears twitch... then twitch more. There's a rhythm. There's always a rhythm. "Oh. Wow." She looks at me. She gapes.

I smile... squirming slightly behind my clasped hooves.

"That's..." Capricorn's voice trails. Her eyes scan the ceiling as the music continues pouring into her ear. "This is..." A breathy chuckle... growing deeper, breathier. She shakes her head with a dumb grin. "This is good... this... is really really good. I'm not even—"

She freezes.

I haven't stopped counting. I know that the third track is starting now. My heart beats... beats...

And she exhales with a gunburst. "Ha! Hahaaa... oh goddess..." She chuckles, giggles. She looks at me with an even stupider grin. "Are you serious?!?"

My teeth show on either side of my clasped hooves. I slowly... slowly nod.

"Heh... hahaha..." She leans back in her chair, taking a deep breath. "I... goddess alive, Miss Scratch. I'm speechless. I mean..." She inhales sharply. "I knew you had it in you, but... Tartarus on fire..." She closes her eyes. Something tightens in her throat, and the next words are shaky. "This... is going to take the Equestrian underground by storm. I thought hearing the samples earlier would have prepared me but... b-but I'm getting chills here. Heh..." She hits another movement. Her ears twitch while her muzzle curves. "Heeeeeee-hehehehe..." She squints aside at me. "Is this really happening?"

I bite my lip, swiveling back and forth like a happy little foal.

She takes a deep breath, readjusting her grip of the clamshell. "I'm barely a fifth of the way through and... and..." She pivots toward me. "What... what are you even going to do, Vinyl?" Her eyes blink. "I feel like I'm... that you're on the cusp of something big. This could go anywhere! I... I-I mean..." She leans forward. "Who are you even going to take this to?"

I sigh.

I see the magenta, and yet I don't.

It's a hypnotic thing.

I turn and squint out the windows. I'm not wearing my shades. I don't need my shades.

Who indeed...?

PreviousChapters Next