• Published 26th Jul 2015
  • 12,026 Views, 4,202 Comments

The Things Tavi Says - shortskirtsandexplosions



Let me tell you a few things about my roommate, Octavia. After all, she saved my life.

  • ...
46
 4,202
 12,026

PreviousChapters Next
Enabling Things

Author's Note:

Hours later, and I'm rubbing my head.

Wincing.

Through the magenta maelstrom, a stream of burgundy washes against my skull.

"I'm back."

I squint an eye open, peering through my shades.

The front door shuts. DJ Capricorn trots into her foyer, levitating a set of house keys. Her saddlebag is bulging from her trip to the store.

"Does it feel any better?"

I gulp... then reply with a limp shrug.

"Mmmm... a thousand apologies," she exhales. "But you must have faith, Miss Scratch. Dr. Terra simply is the best doctor there is this side of the Equestrian Meridian. If you commit to the sessions with the same vigor that she's willing to, then I promise..." She smiles. "...there will be improvements."

I sigh, rubbing my head again.

"Or—at the very least—a greater sense of physical self-awareness." She starts unpacking her saddlebag, placing various foodstuffs on the table between us. "Seeing as you've taken the step to look after your creative self, I hope you don't mind that I've endeavored to support the other half. It's only fitting, yes?"

I levitate two pens and rotate them in the air.

"Well," she replies. "Nevertheless, I'm quite proud of your heartfelt attempt today. Give it a week, Miss Scratch. Two would be even more ideal. If it becomes too much of a burden..." She raises her forelimbs. "...then I shall stop insisting. Fair?"

I twirl the pens again: "Fair."

"Good." She turns and nods her head in the direction of the record lying on the spindle. "Shall we begin?"

Turning, I gaze at the Cyan Sings album just a needledrop away from playing. I battle a lump in my mute throat.

"If you'd rather wait until tomorrow, I'll understand, Miss Scratch—"

I shake my head vehemently. The pens pivot and twirl in the air: "It. Is. Now. Or. Never."

"Very well then. I suppose a cursory few listening sessions are in order?"

My head nods.

"Right. First thing's first." She lifts six plastic bottles full of Dr. Pony and slaps them on the table with a thud.

I blink at them. My eyes then lift towards her. I smile.

She smiles back. "Just let it never get around that I'm an enabler."

"Celestia. Forbid."

She chuckles, then points at the record once more. "Ready when you are, Miss Scratch."

PreviousChapters Next